Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so where does pac go from here?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i don't see any good ones for him...but these are the best imo.

floyd....he's not gonna make that 40mil and he's definitely not getting a 50/50 split after his last showing....but it more than likely will be his highest paying option. he has zero chance of winning this fight imo.

jmm....he's not gonna win this fight either....but at the very least he can dictate the terms and get the lions share of the purse. if he loses...or when he loses....his status is further diminished so he won't see another big payday.

bradley...i think pac loses this rematch....even if u scored that fight for pac...let's be honest...it wasn't an easy task...and i cannot see him improving on that performance. i think timmy beats him in much more convincing fashion in the rematch. again...like the jmm fight....he'll diminish himself even more by losing to bradley.

retirement.....he could take the hagler approach and just call it a career. walk out on the heels of a controversial loss. he won't further diminish his status/mystique. but the paydays stop completely.

what else is there???
Cshel86
Where does Pac go from here? EASY....

Wherever Bob tells him to go...and retirement aint the answer, especially if Bob isn't done milking him. Bend over Manny, Arum's not done with you yet...

Seriously though...if he wants to make some type of statement, then he can handpick Berto. Team Pacquiao will make Berto take an OSDT (which they deem ridiculous) and Pac wont have to take it. They'll give him the Mosley treatment and a payday. Shouldn't be hard for Arum to do business with DiBella.
daprofessor
i think they should serve up brandon rios. he really doesn't have a future at 140. bypass that division and give him to pac. he's not going to move...he'll be right in front of pac and will be perfect to add to pac's highlight reel. impressive ko coming right up!!! u cash out rios...pump new life into pac...gives him more time to avoid floyd....match bradley tough in the meantime, but make sure he wins. then serve up a diminished bradley to pac in the rematch. is toprank hiring? huh.gif
Franchize
To hell if he doesn't pray....oh wait...he's got that covered now lol
sduck
He should retire.
un01
he should retire or leave bob to become his own promoter, but hes not smart enough to do it, or smart enough to see that bob is cashing him out
mgrover
cotto II
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 20 2012, 07:31 PM) *
cotto II

at a 150 catchweight?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2012, 01:59 AM) *
at a 150 catchweight?

no standard 154lb

or at best 153lb, since thats what Cotto wanted to Margs, I assume he can make it fairly easily.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2012, 08:59 PM) *
at a 150 catchweight?

HELL NO! NO more catchweights for simpleton...he either fights at a natural weight, or leave that shit alone. laugh.gif
Franchize
Cotto @ 154 or the Floyd fight. Other than that, I dont care to see him fight anymore honestly. His technical shortcomings are beginning to supercede his excitement now. His last three performances have been underwhelming.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 20 2012, 08:09 PM) *
no standard 154lb

or at best 153lb, since thats what Cotto wanted to Margs, I assume he can make it fairly easily.

Pac ain't fightin' Cotto at 154, NOT as good as he looked for the Floyd fight.
Cshel86
Damn MG, take your ass to bed man! I know its almost 5AM on your side of the Earth. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 20 2012, 10:01 PM) *
His technical shortcomings are beginning to supercede his excitement now.

Agreed! I use to enjoy watching him beat the shit out of guys, now those same violent flurries dont land as accurately and devastatingly as they once did. Guys have figured Manny out at this point...
mrchitown
He'll go which ever way Arum allows him to go. He's just a puppet and Arum is pulling those strings., might as well call them Pinnochio and Geppeto. He talking now like he wants the Bradley but once him and Arum meets up and discuss his next fight, I won't be surprised to hear this Marquez-Pac 4 BS
sduck
I always saw right through Pac. He's had a lot of tailor made opposition, but put him in there with a guy that can actually move and box (and isn't weight drained and dehydrated), and he doesn't look that good.

He should fight Bradley again, because I don't think a 4th fight with JMM will give him yet another gift decision, especially with all the BS even casual fans are catching on to.

Or just retire, while people still think you're a GOAT.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 21 2012, 03:52 AM) *
Damn MG, take your ass to bed man! I know its almost 5AM on your side of the Earth. laugh.gif

Agreed! I use to enjoy watching him beat the shit out of guys, now those same violent flurries dont land as accurately and devastatingly as they once did. Guys have figured Manny out at this point...

nah it was only like 2, i was out on a run at 5
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 21 2012, 12:38 PM) *
nah it was only like 2, i was out on a run at 5

I told yall that my time difference calculations are ALWAYS off drag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.