Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting PAC/Bradley Video
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROME
DISCLAIMER: I am still of the opinion that Manny won this fight but I came across an interesting video that does more in the way of question the judgement of the HBO telecast than anything else. Forgive me if it has already been posted.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...3T135YUcXkOqtPX

Now think about this objectively; what is seen here is merely some slick editing showcasing what the editor chooses to highlight. While I dont appreciate the fact that footage they don't wish to address has been omitted, there ARE however, some valid points being made. Keep in mind, this video is not necessarily disputing who won the fight, but more magnifying habits on the commentators' part that at times go unnoticed.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 21 2012, 08:00 AM) *
DISCLAIMER: I am still of the opinion that Manny won this fight but I came across an interesting video that does more in the way of question the judgement of the HBO telecast than anything else. Forgive me if it has already been posted.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...3T135YUcXkOqtPX

Now think about this objectively; what is seen here is merely some slick editing showcasing what the editor chooses to highlight. While I dont appreciate the fact that footage they don't wish to address has been omitted, there ARE however, some valid points being made. Keep in mind, this video is not necessarily disputing who the fight, but more magnifying habits on the commentators' part that at times go unnoticed.

Thanks.

FYI, Scott Smith of the FightHypeUK blog posted this yesterday.

I noticed all of that during the match and am one of the few that thinks that Bradley either won, earned a draw, or Pacquaio just scraped by. IMO, no way was Pacquaio robbed.
ROME
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 21 2012, 09:54 AM) *
Thanks.

FYI, Scott Smith of the FightHypeUK blog posted this yesterday.

I noticed all of that during the match and am one of the few that thinks that Bradley either won, earned a draw, or Pacquaio just scraped by. IMO, no way was Pacquaio robbed.

Thanks for checking it out. While I don't necessarily agree with your opinion, I certainly respect it. I suppose to some degree what this comes down to is what your favor in a fight; clean, effective, harder shots or work rate and activity. My preference here actually changes depending on the manner in which either of the aforementioned is done. In this particular case, I favor Manny's cleaner, harder, more definitive punching.
ROME
I was hoping to read more opinions. Perhaps they were already shared in another thread. Has everyone already seen this?
Franchize
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 22 2012, 03:33 AM) *
I was hoping to read more opinions. Perhaps they were already shared in another thread. Has everyone already seen this?

Saw it on Worldstar. Not exactly the best source for boxing info. The video only shows a piece of the story. The only person's opinion this video discredits is the person who thought Manny looked phenomenal (ex those douchebags at HBO, particularly Lampley). Manny DID NOT look good but neither did Bradley. It was a boring, technically pathetic fight in which Manny simply looked like the best of the worse that night IMO.
Cshel86
The video wont play, but is it the black & white video with highlights from the fight? If so, then it was posted in another thread. I remember discussing it on the radio show, and everybody agreed that it unanimously proved how shitty the commentators were.

I saw Bradley landing waaaay more shots than he was given credit for, and I saw Manny get waaaay more credit for punches that didn't land. I remember at the end of one round, compu box had Manny landing 8 shots in the first 2 mins of a round, and 16 at the last minute.

Really? If Manny landed that many "clean" punches with all of the intensity that came out of Lampley's dicksuckers, then Timmy should've been pronounced dead at the end of that round. I will bring in the theory of "conformity" when it comes to Pacquiao, or any other high profile fighter out there.

When casual fans hear the name "Pacquiao", they automatically go with the flow about him "punching through the guard", "knocking fighters out", "battering fighters beyond recognition", "deadly combinations", and so on. Bradley should've pressed the fight a bit more than he did, but hey, if a guy doesn't have power, then the commentators and judges wont be inclined to blow their load, thus leading them to not count some of those punches.

With that said, they see him fighting a guy by the name of Tim Bradley (who is unknown by many) with no power, and they assume that Manny is supposed to wack this guy. A lot of times, Timmy was moving his head while Manny was punching, and fans went crazy. Some of those violent flurries DID NOT land, some of those "big left hands" that Lampley's programmed to call, DID NOT land, and that incredible foot work of his, continued to fool the untrained eye.

Most of the time, I saw the complete opposite. I saw Manny doing the minimum for the 2 mins of the fight, then trying to step on the gas during the last 60 secs. That footwork and inability to cut off the ring, was dead obvious. When you cut off the ring, you're supposed to pretty much stalk a guy and match their movement...not jump in and out like an idiot. Again, some of those "big lefts" either didn't hit the target or Tim caught it with his gloves. Those "violent" flurries DID NOT land...I've seen a Pacquiao opponent get caught in those flurries, and almost meet their maker.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, Manny did do just enough to win the fight, as he's been doing in his last few fights. It's obvious that he's either not motivated, or he just chooses to pimp his way through fights. That Bradley "loss" was nothing more than a salary cap for Manny, and if he truly does fight like this now, then he will be considered "past his prime" if a Mayweather ever happens in the next year or two...which ultimately takes credit away from Floyd and Manny will still be a king in the eyes of his "disciples" or "dedicated fans".

ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 10:14 AM) *
The video wont play, but is it the black & white video with highlights from the fight? If so, then it was posted in another thread. I remember discussing it on the radio show, and everybody agreed that it unanimously proved how shitty the commentators were.

I saw Bradley landing waaaay more shots than he was given credit for, and I saw Manny get waaaay more credit for punches that didn't land. I remember at the end of one round, compu box had Manny landing 8 shots in the first 2 mins of a round, and 16 at the last minute.

Really? If Manny landed that many "clean" punches with all of the intensity that came out of Lampley's dicksuckers, then Timmy should've been pronounced dead at the end of that round. I will bring in the theory of "conformity" when it comes to Pacquiao, or any other high profile fighter out there.

When casual fans hear the name "Pacquiao", they automatically go with the flow about him "punching through the guard", "knocking fighters out", "battering fighters beyond recognition", "deadly combinations", and so on. Bradley should've pressed the fight a bit more than he did, but hey, if a guy doesn't have power, then the commentators and judges wont be inclined to blow their load, thus leading them to not count some of those punches.

With that said, they see him fighting a guy by the name of Tim Bradley (who is unknown by many) with no power, and they assume that Manny is supposed to wack this guy. A lot of times, Timmy was moving his head while Manny was punching, and fans went crazy. Some of those violent flurries DID NOT land, some of those "big left hands" that Lampley's programmed to call, DID NOT land, and that incredible foot work of his, continued to fool the untrained eye.

Most of the time, I saw the complete opposite. I saw Manny doing the minimum for the 2 mins of the fight, then trying to step on the gas during the last 60 secs. That footwork and inability to cut off the ring, was dead obvious. When you cut off the ring, you're supposed to pretty much stalk a guy and match their movement...not jump in and out like an idiot. Again, some of those "big lefts" either didn't hit the target or Tim caught it with his gloves. Those "violent" flurries DID NOT land...I've seen a Pacquiao opponent get caught in those flurries, and almost meet their maker.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, Manny did do just enough to win the fight, as he's been doing in his last few fights. It's obvious that he's either not motivated, or he just chooses to pimp his way through fights. That Bradley "loss" was nothing more than a salary cap for Manny, and if he truly does fight like this now, then he will be considered "past his prime" if a Mayweather ever happens in the next year or two...which ultimately takes credit away from Floyd and Manny will still be a king in the eyes of his "disciples" or "dedicated fans".

Good assessment! Well said. While WorldStar isn't the best source for boxing info, the content of the video did enough to give me another perspective of things that took place during the fight. I'm not so sure compubox is in anyway dictated by commentator perspective so I'm inclined to believe that, at least according to compubox, Bradley got credit for what he actually did land.
Cshel86
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 22 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Good assessment! Well said. While WorldStar isn't the best source for boxing info, the content of the video did enough to give me another perspective of things that took place during the fight. I'm not so sure compubox is in anyway dictated by commentator perspective so I'm inclined to believe that, at least according to compubox, Bradley got credit for what he actually did land.

Thanks! I remember your points from the master thread of this fight. cool.gif

Oh yeah, World Star Hip-Hop isn't the best source for hip-hop either (at least according to my observation)...
ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Thanks! I remember your points from the master thread of this fight. cool.gif

Oh yeah, World Star Hip-Hop isn't the best source for hip-hop either (at least according to my observation)...

I concur lol
I'm more of an underground head really anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.