Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roger Mayweather on twitter
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06/roger-...er/#more-120455

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/rogmayweather

Roger Mayweather opens up on twitter giving updates on Floyd jr., his thoughts on Andre Ward, Floyd Sr. Comments, Miguel Cotto turning down 14 mill for an immediate rematch & Floyd jr. Future opponents

Check it out.
mgrover
so much for that rematch
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 21 2012, 08:05 PM) *
so much for that rematch

Yea, I can live without though. I think that fight told me everything I need to know about both fighters at this stage in their careers
mgrover
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 22 2012, 01:11 AM) *
Yea, I can live without though. I think that fight told me everything I need to know about both fighters at this stage in their careers

yeah pretty much, i still think bradley pac warrents more of a rematch than those two, because its was pretty decisive, and the rematch would play even better in Floyds favour, with a lot less of sitting on the ropes.
BoxingStill#1
After reading his tweets its seems a lil sketchy to me..js
Cshel86
If nothing else in this article is true, I know this much is...

Roger was obviously very frustrated at his brother following comments that Mayweather Sr made saying that Mayweather Jr. is slipping and he hopes he loses so he can train him. He went onto say that he had seen Mayweather Sr recently as he had come to the gym “acting like he owns the place”, which he said Mayweather Jr will not like.

I KNOW this has to be the truth...laugh.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 21 2012, 09:25 PM) *

What seems sketchy to you?

mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 21 2012, 08:25 PM) *

I see what your saying. Alot of people be having these fake accounts. I've seen quite a few Floyd Sr. and Roger Mayweather accounts getting taken down and being verified as false. I don't know if this is true or not, I'll wait til I hear him say some stuff in a regular interview. It's too easy to be someone else online and in this internet age. But...if it's proven to be true, those are some compelling matchups
JammyJam
This account is NOT real! I can't believe people are actually citing this. I am assuming you all aren't frequent tweeters, but I am and I know that if they don't have the blue check which means they are verified...they are not real. Plus, this twitter was made a couple months ago and people were retweeting like crazy because he was tweeting pacquiao calling him a chink and a squint eyes and shit. Roger couldn't work twitter if his life depended on it lol
Franchize
There's definitely been a fake Roger Mayweather twitter handle out before. Ariza said it on his twitter. He said he even talked to Roger and it was confirmed as fake.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JammyJam @ Jun 22 2012, 04:23 AM) *
Roger couldn't work twitter if his life depended on it lol

Absolutely correct. I saw a bunch of intelligent and legible tweets...couldn't have been Roger's account. laugh.gif

For a while, I've been talking up a Khan fight because it made too much sense. Khan having Roach, Ariza, and Pacquiao, as mainstream leverage during a 24/7 keeps the ball rolling for a megafight along with Amir's British scenery and backstory, which 24/7 hasn't seen since Hatton's last fight.

With all this said, it's waaaay too early for Floyd to even be concerned about who he's fighting next. If anybody notices a pattern, Floyd usually makes his upcoming fights based off of the performances of other fighters (Hatton, Marquez, Mosley (somewhat), Ortiz, and Cotto), not immediately after his own fight.

As for an immediate Cotto rematch offering him $14M, that sounded a bit odd as well. If Cotto makes $14M in an immediate Mayweather rematch, then there's 3 questions that should follow...

1. How big is the purse for this fight?
2. How is Floyd going to make anything north of that guaranteed $32M, if people aren't roaring and demanding an immediate rematch?
3. Lastly, just how in the hell is everybody else (promoters, PPV) going to get paid?

These are the same questions that should've been asked when that whopping $30M Cotto payday was being thrown around before the numbers were set in stone for the Mayweather fight. At one point, I believed that Cotto was going to make that much, but then I was challenged on the 3 questions above.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 21 2012, 10:07 PM) *
What seems sketchy to you?

Please read above post by your fellow members..

Case and point basically
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Absolutely correct. I saw a bunch of intelligent and legible tweets...couldn't have been Roger's account. laugh.gif

For a while, I've been talking up a Khan fight because it made too much sense. Khan having Roach, Ariza, and Pacquiao, as mainstream leverage during a 24/7 keeps the ball rolling for a megafight along with Amir's British scenery and backstory, which 24/7 hasn't seen since Hatton's last fight.

With all this said, it's waaaay too early for Floyd to even be concerned about who he's fighting next. If anybody notices a pattern, Floyd usually makes his upcoming fights based off of the performances of other fighters (Hatton, Marquez, Mosley (somewhat), Ortiz, and Cotto), not immediately after his own fight.

As for an immediate Cotto rematch offering him $14M, that sounded a bit odd as well. If Cotto makes $14M in an immediate Mayweather rematch, then there's 3 questions that should follow...

1. How big is the purse for this fight?
2. How is Floyd going to make anything north of that guaranteed $32M, if people aren't roaring and demanding an immediate rematch?
3. Lastly, just how in the hell is everybody else (promoters, PPV) going to get paid?

These are the same questions that should've been asked when that whopping $30M Cotto payday was being thrown around before the numbers were set in stone for the Mayweather fight. At one point, I believed that Cotto was going to make that much, but then I was challenged on the 3 questions above.

+5.... lmao..

Furthermore, knowing his character does Roger remotely give a fuck about numbers.. lls?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 22 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Furthermore, knowing his character does Roger remotely give a fuck about numbers.. lls?

Lol, yep. I know that a couple of years ago, his mind was set on that $100M drug test, but hell, even that figure may have been off a bit. That interview was funny as shit though.

"If a guy is gettin' a hundred million dollars and dont wanna take a mothafuckin' test, then that already tell you something about him. What do that tell you bout him then? Huh? Alright. I dont even have to say nothing else. How a muhfucka gone turn down a hundred million dollar fight, and go fight another muhfucka for $20M? *paraphrased and interpreted* laugh.gif
mrchitown
Just going thru the other tweets I could tell that that shit was suspect. Only celebrities get a verified blue check and even though Roger on twitter would be hilarious, he aint no celebrity lol. It's pathetic how people want to live other peoples lives and not their own. But hey..that's the online world we live in nowadays. I've seen 2 funny twitter accounts that constantly have me dying laughing, and that's the fake accounts of max kellerman and another one of larry merchant. Stuff they be saying sometimes be hilarious
Franchize
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 22 2012, 01:46 PM) *
+5.... lmao..

+1 OR Twitter for that matter lmao
bnoles4life
Unless I missed it, there were no "Muthafuckas", "git his ass whipp'd" and "shiiiiit, skills wins fights", right? <----Proof it wasn't Uncle Rog.
thehype
SMH at idiot "writers" who actually take quotes from Twitter without confirming the validity of the account.

ROGER MAYWEATHER IS NOT ON TWITTER!

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR. IS NOT ON TWITTER!

END OF DISCUSSION!
Cheesey1
Pretty telling about how BoxingNews24 rolls. I'm surprised that BoxingScene didn't have a similar article.
Cshel86
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 11:22 PM) *

I'ma whoop boxingnews24's ass!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 23 2012, 08:16 PM) *
I'ma whoop boxingnews24's ass!

And a beating is what they deserve...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.