Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver test positive
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
boxingloner
Antonio Tarver tested positive for anabolic steroid in pre-fight test. WFT is going on. Now ole Milkdud? At least he is not he player he once was in this game, but damn.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 06:30 PM) *
Antonio Tarver tested positive for anabolic steroid in pre-fight test. WFT is going on. Now ole Milkdud? At least he is not he player he once was in this game, but damn.

Interesting, but not in a good way. Random testing has to happen. I'm sure that you heard about the guy (Larry Olubamiwo) in the U.K who got a four year ban for doping.
Gambit808
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 06:30 PM) *

This news just let's me know that there will be more to come in the future.
aTYpicalTYrant
All This doping shit is beyond out of hand. This many people being caught up this early means it's much more prevalent than anyone has given credit. Heads are about to roll for real? Only question is.... Who's next?

Side Note: I can't wait to hear Floyd's opinion on all these folks being caught up.
boxingloner
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jun 22 2012, 04:05 PM) *
Side Note: I can't wait to hear Floyd's opinion on all these folks being caught up.

Why cant you wait to hear what Floyds opinion is? Is he your daddy? Some people cant live eat sleep or do a #2 without hearing what he says.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 07:15 PM) *
Why cant you wait to hear what Floyds opinion is? Is he your daddy? Some people cant live eat sleep or do a #2 without hearing what he says.

To be fair, since Floyd Mayweather Jr. was essentially the first boxer to be so vocal about P.E.D testing, his opinion should matter.

I'm not saying that it's the gospel, but the man deserves some respect for being in the vanguard when it comes to this. He was mocked for asking for random testing (and is still mocked for that request by the types that "know more about boxing" than me...).

I won't mind if (ha, when) he pats himself on the back for highlighting this issue years ago.
Cshel86
Wow, just wow. Black fighters are 0-3 with this steroid shit this year, keep 'em comin'. The worse part for Tarver is that he has waaaay more obligatory vocal time on television than most of these guys that have been caught as of late. I wonder how we'll conduct himself while calling fights on Showtime from now on.

PS: As long as I can read what Kayode has to say about this, then Im fine. No way in hell Im watching or listening to him do an interview concerning this matter.
daprofessor
"got any excuses antonio?" laugh.gif

what's even more fucked up is all 3 caught were haymon fighters.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 23 2012, 08:51 AM) *

Wow that's a very interesting note....

Funny how Arum's fighters are still allowed to skip out on tests...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 22 2012, 07:51 PM) *

Ha! Now that's definitely the question that Tarver should be asked.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 22 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Wow that's a very interesting note....

Funny how Arum's fighters are still allowed to skip out on tests...

Yeah, Arum must have a lot of photos and other incriminating evidence in his vaults.
Franchize
Im in shock over this one and itll be curious to see how he handles steroid issues being brought up in future telecast. Speaking of which, anyone think this may steer Showtime away from him for a while?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 22 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Im in shock over this one and itll be curious to see how he handles steroid issues being brought up in future telecast. Speaking of which, anyone think this may steer Showtime away from him for a while?

Another question. Shouldn't they reverse the decision and make Kayode the winner?

Showtime should definitely stay away from Tarver.

I just read the article on the front page and I want to hear Tarver's side of the story, but it doesn't look good for hm at all.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 22 2012, 04:21 PM) *
To be fair, since Floyd Mayweather Jr. was essentially the first boxer to be so vocal about P.E.D testing, his opinion should matter.

I'm not saying that it's the gospel, but the man deserves some respect

Well to most of the posters on fighthype even you, what Floyd says is gospel. When have you or one of his disiples on here were on the other end of a Floyd issue?

I respect what Floyd does in the ring but his PED issue has always and will always be about pacquiao. If there was no pacquiao in Floyds life then he wouldnt give a two shits about PEDs. For him it's not about cleaning up the sport, because if it was he would be doing more about cleaning it up. Like going to the commissions or government to do more about it, instead if just running his mouth about pacquiao.
mrchitown
Tarver f*cked himself with this one. His comments regarding the tests are getting slammed by boxing writers, he's just in a bad space. And Showtime has said he will not be apart of the broadcast team tomorrow night. I was actually hoping in a sense that he'd get a brief moment to speak on it but that won't happen. The veil of PEDs and how it relates to boxing is slowly being lifted and it just solidifies that there will be more fighters testing positive in the future. This is worse for Tarver then it is for Berto or Peterson, Tarver is likely going to face stiff punishment and that could mean the end of his career
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 06:15 PM) *

I try to give every1 the benefit of the doubt on this site.... But after asking such a stupid question I might have to categorize you as ignorant or a complete moron. So I ask what is the biggest possible fight in all of boxing? Could it be Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather? What allegedly was the original reason why the fight didn't occur? Could it be drug testing? Who has been ridiculed the most for suggesting that such strenuous test take place? I'll wait for an answer..... Fuck that you really might not have a clue. The answer would be Floyd Mayweather. He deserves some credit for being right about there being an obvious problem in the sport. How bout you hop off Rather than ask me some straight stupid shit for the sake of having a convo. I could have swore I was on fighthype......

Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 23 2012, 12:31 AM) *
Tarver f*cked himself with this one. His comments regarding the tests are getting slammed by boxing writers, he's just in a bad space. And Showtime has said he will not be apart of the broadcast team tomorrow night. I was actually hoping in a sense that he'd get a brief moment to speak on it but that won't happen. The veil of PEDs and how it relates to boxing is slowly being lifted and it just solidifies that there will be more fighters testing positive in the future. This is worse for Tarver then it is for Berto or Peterson, Tarver is likely going to face stiff punishment and that could mean the end of his career

Tell me about it. I was reading his tweets, and he seemed have the notion that he would be calling the fight tomorrow night. As you said, it's already a bad sign that Showtime made it clear that he wont be a part of the telecast tomorrow.

With a small step like that, it sort of reminds me of bank account fraud...the culprit makes a small purchase with your card number, and after getting away with it, then comes the "out-of-the-ass purchase that shows up on your bank statement. I expect a poindexter at Showtime to take this shit to the fullest extent and make sure he's off the air soon.

I cant say that he doesn't add light to the show, that would be a lie. If he doesn't fight again, then fine, but by all means, dont deprive the fans of quality commentary, since HBO staff find new and improved ways of dicking it up.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Well to most of the posters on fighthype even you, what Floyd says is gospel. When have you or one of his disiples on here were on the other end of a Floyd issue?

I respect what Floyd does in the ring but his PED issue has always and will always be about pacquiao. If there was no pacquiao in Floyds life then he wouldnt give a two shits about PEDs. For him it's not about cleaning up the sport, because if it was he would be doing more about cleaning it up. Like going to the commissions or government to do more about it, instead if just running his mouth about pacquiao.

You COULD be right. BUT since there IS a Pacquiao your point is irrelevant. Pacquiao may very well be the deciding factor with Floyd's decision on drug testing. But it doesn't change the fact he has been adamant about BOxing needing to be cleaned up because of drugs. No matter the reason he was/is right....
sduck
That's just crazy
sduck
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 12:03 AM) *

Oh another one of these guys that think this is "floydhype.com"

He's helping cleaning up the sport by making cheating and a better testing more aware. Now more and more people are jumping on the wagon, to start better testing for their fights.

It's crazy because you got someone like Tarver juicing. You know how sacred Tarver is in the game? It's like finally catching Floyd or Pacquiao for cheating.
mgrover
Nah its more like catching Floyd since if PAC is caught its just an I told you so by Floyd. I think its coincidence that Floyd called it right, but whether he's right or wrong its obvious that its what boxing needs
Cheesey1
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 12:03 AM) *

I sincerely doubt that you've read every one of my posts re. Floyd Mayweather. If you have, then you have my sincere thanks. That being said, I'll freely admit that I think that he's the best.

As far as the PED issue and why Mayweather brought it up. Yes it was in the context of Pacquaio (as far as I'm aware), but is that because where's there's smoke there's fire re. Pacquaio's history, or because he was looking for an excuse?

I try not to deal in 'ifs,' conjecture etc. All I know is the fact that Floyd Mayweather was essentially the first boxer to make P.E.Ds an issue.

As far as him not going to commissions etc., to me that's just an example of trying to bring his claims into disrepute by making it seem, as you said that he's "just running his mouth about Pacquaio." He brought a lot of attention to the matter and deserves his due credit for that.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:51 AM) *
I sincerely doubt that you've read every one of my posts re. Floyd Mayweather. If you have, then you have my sincere thanks. That being said, I'll freely admit that I think that he's the best.

As far as the PED issue and why Mayweather brought it up. Yes it was in the context of Pacquaio (as far as I'm aware), but is that because where's there's smoke there's fire re. Pacquaio's history, or because he was looking for an excuse?

I try not to deal in 'ifs,' conjecture etc. All I know is the fact that Floyd Mayweather was essentially the first boxer to make P.E.Ds an issue.

As far as him not going to commissions etc., to me that's just an example of trying to bring his claims into disrepute by making it seem, as you said that he's "just running his mouth about Pacquaio." He brought a lot of attention to the matter and deserves his due credit for that.

Well for Floyd it will always only be about Pacquiao when it concerns PEDS. His talk about wanting a clean sport would get more positive feedback from the media and public if he went to the commissions and the government and made a REAL stance about PEDS. Who Floyd is and his power in boxing the people that can make that change to clean up the sport would really listen. Instead his talk is all about money and what he has, and there is no substance to the person he is. I personally would have more respect for him as a man if he went to the commissions and government and demanded more stringent testing. But no all you get is him talking pacquiao this and pacquiao that to people that don't matter. All I'm saying for all the people that are saying Floyd a pioneer in this PED stuff are way off, because he could do WAY more if he really believed in this.
Franchize
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Well for Floyd it will always only be about Pacquiao when it concerns PEDS. His talk about wanting a clean sport would get more positive feedback from the media and public if he went to the commissions and the government and made a REAL stance about PEDS. Who Floyd is and his power in boxing the people that can make that change to clean up the sport would really listen. Instead his talk is all about money and what he has, and there is no substance to the person he is. I personally would have more respect for him as a man if he went to the commissions and government and demanded more stringent testing. But no all you get is him talking pacquiao this and pacquiao that to people that don't matter. All I'm saying for all the people that are saying Floyd a pioneer in this PED stuff are way off, because he could do WAY more if he really believed in this.

Floyd was also vocal for years about Shane Mosley roiding also. Just sayin
boxingloner
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Floyd was also vocal for years about Shane Mosley roiding also. Just sayin

Dude, Shane was an admitted roid user. He admitted to it during the balco sandal years ago. He roided for the second De la hoya fight and prolly before then too. What you are giving Floyd credit for saying Shane was on the juice when he already had been caught? And That was a time when Floyd was a nobody and not as famous as he is now. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this better testing thing in boxing. But I think if thats going to happen the most powerful in boxing need to make a stand ala going to the commissions, government(congress) and make a true stand against it. Floyd has a chance to be someone who made change but its not going to happen the way he's doing it. At least he won't get credit for it.

Btw I'm all for world peace and against racism and have been for years. So when it happens world peace comes and racism ends I want credit for making it happen since I said something about it. Lol
duwdu
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 23 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Dude, Shane was an admitted roid user. He admitted to it during the balco sandal years ago. He roided for the second De la hoya fight and prolly before then too. What you are giving Floyd credit for saying Shane was on the juice when he already had been caught? And That was a time when Floyd was a nobody and not as famous as he is now. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this better testing thing in boxing. But I think if thats going to happen the most powerful in boxing need to make a stand ala going to the commissions, government(congress) and make a true stand against it. Floyd has a chance to be someone who made change but its not going to happen the way he's doing it. At least he won't get credit for it.

Btw I'm all for world peace and against racism and have been for years. So when it happens world peace comes and racism ends I want credit for making it happen since I said something about it. Lol

Hmm... I recognize a troll when I see one... won't feed it.

P34c3
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Tell me about it. I was reading his tweets, and he seemed have the notion that he would be calling the fight tomorrow night. As you said, it's already a bad sign that Showtime made it clear that he wont be a part of the telecast tomorrow.

With a small step like that, it sort of reminds me of bank account fraud...the culprit makes a small purchase with your card number, and after getting away with it, then comes the "out-of-the-ass purchase that shows up on your bank statement. I expect a poindexter at Showtime to take this shit to the fullest extent and make sure he's off the air soon.

I cant say that he doesn't add light to the show, that would be a lie. If he doesn't fight again, then fine, but by all means, dont deprive the fans of quality commentary, since HBO staff find new and improved ways of dicking it up.

True indeed. I think a suspension is definitely in the cards for him at this point and he's a 43 yr old with noticeable declining skills. A suspension could very well mean the end of his career, and what a way to end it if this holds up.

And I hope at he does get to stay on the broadcast team for Showtime, but the way it's looking, he may be out. He's a very solid announcer and he gives some great feedback and compliments the other commentators well.
ristwrap
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 22 2012, 07:51 PM) *

bad ass pic
mgrover
anybody heard anything from the B sample?
gbh32001
Floyd knows that cheating is rampant.He is not privy to this coz he himself is cheating. Haymon knows, GBP knows, TR knows, all of them cheating anyway for the sake of $$$$$.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 24 2012, 12:51 AM) *

Floyd is a PED user, he was tested positive but they put in their contract that they still can fight.
mgrover
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jun 24 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Floyd is a PED user, he was tested positive but they put in their contract that they still can fight.

when was this?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2012, 12:20 PM) *
when was this?

MG...see, where you're wrong, ALREADY, is you're asking for "proof" and "facts". The nerve
boxingloner
QUOTE (duwdu @ Jun 23 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Hmm... I recognize a troll when I see one... won't feed it.

P34c3

How am I trolling when I'm stating how I and many people feel. Maybe my sentiments don't conform to most people on here because this forum is only pro mayweather. Don't hate on people that feel differently than y'all on here. My sentiment are all valid.

Anyway nice comeback loser.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jun 24 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Right....and you're one of those "in the know" types. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Please don't point to Gabe Montoya's article, because even he retracted his claims. You knew that though, didn't you?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2012, 01:20 PM) *
when was this?

It all started when Gabriel Montoya on maboxing and boxingscene made some claims that he retracted. The fact that he retracted his absolutely unsubstantiated claim is lost on the people that are clinging onto it like a crackhead clings to a crackpipe.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 24 2012, 01:34 PM) *
MG...see, where you're wrong, ALREADY, is you're asking for "proof" and "facts". The nerve

It's pretty funny the lengths that they're going to. I'm laughing at them, not with them.
mgrover
The same proofless claims Mayweather accused PAC with I see
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2012, 06:21 PM) *
The same proofless claims Mayweather accused PAC with I see

No, not really.

Not sure if you read Montoya's article, or the letter that he got from GBP's attorney, which summarises what he was accusing Mayweather,GBP and the USADA of. That's right not just Mayweather and GBP, but a United States governmental Agency as well. The same agancy that has doggedly pursued Lance Armstrong and recently brought charges against him.

When you have a minute you should check out the article and the letter.

I'm surprised that the same people that are holding onto this aren't claiming that they read it in one of Roger Mayweather's tweets...
mgrover
if youve got a link itd much appreciated
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2012, 08:07 PM) *
if youve got a link itd much appreciated

The brouhaha happened in late-ish May. The guy who started the rumour, Gabe Montoya, is one of the main writers on boxingscene and maxboxing. He pulled his original article and has apparently been deleting all of the comments that he made in various forums.
I try not to sully my browser by going to either boxingscene or maxboxing (ironically I used to love maxboxing before their complete bias became too much), so you'll have to check those sites yourself.
Re. the cease and desist letter from GBP's lawyers, I just searched for it and while it was available online in late May, I can't find it now.
The only facts are that Montoya is accused of making these statements, apparently saying that he had proof then receiving a cease and desist letter. He has not provided any proof, has completely retracted everything and apparently got demoted.. Of course that hasn't stopped people from making the statements that we saw today.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 24 2012, 09:53 PM) *
The brouhaha happened in late-ish May. The guy who started the rumour, Gabe Montoya, is one of the main writers on boxingscene and maxboxing. He pulled his original article and has apparently been deleting all of the comments that he made in various forums.
I try not to sully my browser by going to either boxingscene or maxboxing (ironically I used to love maxboxing before their complete bias became too much), so you'll have to check those sites yourself.
Re. the cease and desist letter from GBP's lawyers, I just searched for it and while it was available online in late May, I can't find it now.
The only facts are that Montoya is accused of making these statements, apparently saying that he had proof then receiving a cease and desist letter. He has not provided any proof, has completely retracted everything and apparently got demoted.. Of course that hasn't stopped people from making the statements that we saw today.

I've seen the letter your talking about Cheesey. I saw it on another site, I'll go search for it and see if I can link it to this thread.

Also, did any of you guys here about the guy who just got suspended for testign positive for a banned substance. I think he's a cruiser or heavyweight. Anyway, he was interviewed and in the interview it seemed like he ws itching to name names of other boxers who are cheating in the sport. He made the claim that many of the sports favorite fighters are cheating and that the public just doens't know it. He also said that Floyd personally told him that he takes some illegal shit, I forgot exactly but if you guys haven't seen it, let me know and I'll go get the link
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2012, 12:01 AM) *
I've seen the letter your talking about Cheesey. I saw it on another site, I'll go search for it and see if I can link it to this thread.

Also, did any of you guys here about the guy who just got suspended for testign positive for a banned substance. I think he's a cruiser or heavyweight. Anyway, he was interviewed and in the interview it seemed like he ws itching to name names of other boxers who are cheating in the sport. He made the claim that many of the sports favorite fighters are cheating and that the public just doens't know it. He also said that Floyd personally told him that he takes some illegal shit, I forgot exactly but if you guys haven't seen it, let me know and I'll go get the link

I think that you're talking about Larry Olubamiwo. He got a four year ban for some insane doping. The only place that I'm aware of him actually giving an interview is on the BoxRec forums. I read the summary of what he said and as far as I could tell he didn't say that FM was doping. What he said was that some of "your favourite boxers are doping." Let every boxer be randomly tested in a completely transparent manner and all of the innuendo will be proven right, or wrong. Simple as that. So far, I'm relying on the random testing that FM has undergone on multiple occassions and not the hear say.
Cshel86
Any word on the investigation? Tarver's thoughts?
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 26 2012, 11:13 AM) *
Any word on the investigation? Tarver's thoughts?

All I've heard is the typical "blah blah blah...we're shocked and devastated and will comply with the testing agency" bullshit. Personally, I like him better as a commentator anyway. I think he's a way better commentator than he was a fighter. I'm just mad that a. Now Showtime might have to let him go b. He wont be able to speak on PEDs in the sport anymore c. He's the 3rd black guy to test positive so, like I said before, I'm sure the unfair stereotype is on it's way.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jun 22 2012, 04:30 PM) *

The more they turn up positive the more Floyd Mayweather was right about the testing. I don't mean to go all racial or anything but is it just me or is it just the Bruthas they've been hunting on this testing issue??

Chavez Jr took a test and nobody has stated anything about his results, is there racial profiling in Drug Testing in Boxing???

Things that make you go hmmmm!!
BrutUalBK
Another Brutha coming up positive on Testing, the more people come up positive the more righteous Floyd Mayweather was about drug testing.

Is it just me (not to be all racial) but are the black boxers being profiled and selected for testing moreso than other fighters (Berto, Peterson and now Tarver)??

Is there Racial Profiling in Boxing for Drug Testing??

Chavez Jr took some tests but no results were even released, what up with that???

Things that make you go hmmmmm!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 26 2012, 01:40 PM) *
Another Brutha coming up positive on Testing, the more people come up positive the more righteous Floyd Mayweather was about drug testing.

Is it just me (not to be all racial) but are the black boxers being profiled and selected for testing moreso than other fighters (Berto, Peterson and now Tarver)??

Is there Racial Profiling in Boxing for Drug Testing??

Chavez Jr took some tests but no results were even released, what up with that???

Things that make you go hmmmmm!!

berto and peterson insisted on testing.

tarver has been outspoken in regards to testing as well. prior to him coming up positive...i seem to recall him saying it needs to be mandatory.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 26 2012, 12:11 PM) *
All I've heard is the typical "blah blah blah...we're shocked and devastated and will comply with the testing agency" bullshit. Personally, I like him better as a commentator anyway. I think he's a way better commentator than he was a fighter. I'm just mad that a. Now Showtime might have to let him go b. He wont be able to speak on PEDs in the sport anymore c. He's the 3rd black guy to test positive so, like I said before, I'm sure the unfair stereotype is on it's way.

Yep, the whole obligatory "I didn't know. This is a mistake." rebuttal. Anyhow, I hope Showtime doesn't give him the boot. His absence on Saturday meant one or two things:

1. Showtime is looking to give him the boot soon
2. His PR told him to sit out and lay low 'til it boils over...or at least lay low until he gives an official statement.

I hope its #2, but thats just wishful thinking. The 3rd time's a charm, so they may really find it necessary to stick it to him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 24 2012, 11:41 PM) *
I think that you're talking about Larry Olubamiwo. He got a four year ban for some insane doping. The only place that I'm aware of him actually giving an interview is on the BoxRec forums. I read the summary of what he said and as far as I could tell he didn't say that FM was doping. What he said was that some of "your favourite boxers are doping." Let every boxer be randomly tested in a completely transparent manner and all of the innuendo will be proven right, or wrong. Simple as that. So far, I'm relying on the random testing that FM has undergone on multiple occassions and not the hear say.

I saw an interview on eastsideboxing and he said the things you said but he also said that Mayweather told him personally that he took some illegal shit. I've never heard of him before his suspension and I don't know how credible he is but he seems like he wants to be a whistleblower on others who are cheating, or he's just trying to deflect attention because his dumbass got caught. With that said, I'm relying on the same testing but after all this stuff coming out, nothing really surprises me with these fighters anymore. They can say what they want but Mayweather has shined a light on a dirty portion of the sport and it won't be going away anytime soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.