Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Bradley-Pacquiao Rematch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pimpfighterROQ
Had a few drinks with co-workers and one of the topics that was debated was the Pac-Bradley rematch. Mind you two of em were filipinos and you can imagine the flame I got by saying Bradley will do better in the rematch haha.

By now it's no secret that Pacquiao's achiles heel is to box to frustrate him and to move well to avoid his "effective aggression". Mosley, Marquez and Bradley have used this well to make Pacquiao look average and at times amateurish.

Both Pac and Roach thought wrong that Bradley would come in and brawl Pacquiao. Never did they think that he would box well enough. Esp shown by Pacquiao's sparring partners, they were all come forward fighters.

My question is how would the rematch go? Obviously Bradley would still box and have more movement since he'll have good legs this time. So it would be Pacquiao that has to adjust to this weakness of his. Why can't Pacquiao just backpedal and let Bradley come instead. Which in my opinion would work well for him. He fought backward against De la Hoya,Hatton, Margarito, and half of the Cotto fight which yielded great results.

For people that actually box, is that even possible? let the boxer come forward by backpedaling?

What can Pacquiao do to actually have better success against fighters that box his ears off? Can it be done? or is he an aging fighter? or maybe it's just Roach's coaching that is preventing adjustments in his game?

One thing that's good for Pacquiao in the rematch is that Bradley doesn't seem to have the power to bother him or make him cautious engaging like Marquez did. Bad thing is that Bradley has the chin to take his punches regardless of what Jim "Hard left hand by Pacquiao" Lampley.

Thoughts? Would really appreciate opinions of people that actually do box aside from us keyboard boxers haha.
Cshel86
Bradley needs to get back with Hearns, so he can learn how to turn over those right hands and be more effective. His lack of pop was embarrassing to say the least...

If he works on his power, then a rematch would indeed be a bit interesting, I guess.
daprofessor
bradley took the fight to pac in spots by attacking aggressively.

pac is good when he uses lateral movement. if he takes any steps backwards he's done. he's not capable of fighting going backwards.

it amazes me how many ppl call that running...or that the opponents are scared. it is extremely difficult to fight going backwards and be successful. if it were easy...everyone would do it. as it stands...there are only a handful of fighters in history who were able to use this style with success. the overwhelming majority are come foward face first fighters.
pimpfighterROQ
Pacquiao with lateral movements died when he fought Margarito. Now it's just straight up go forward for him. Roach and Pac needs to realize that till Pac retires, fighters are going to fight him by boxing/counter punching and they need to work on nullifying that shit.

I'm actually very impressed by how Bradley blocked Pacquiao's left hand. Boy picked it up well from what Mosley did. You bet Marquez took notes lol.

Bradley better work on his power. You'd think with all that weight lifting you'd get loads of power but i guess not lol.
Jack 1000
I think Bradley with two good feet COULD win without controversy. The problem is, he won't. I think the judges will favor Pacquiao in all the close rounds because of the general public belief that he was robbed the first time. Bradley won't be able to win without a stoppage. And even with two good feet, he doesn't have the power to stop Pacquiao, or dominate, so Tim cannot win a rematch.

Jack
daprofessor
i'm with the guy(cshel) who said bradley needs to go back to see tommy hearns so he can learn to turn his shots over. then he'll get more on them. leave them damn weights alone son. tell ur pops to sit this one out.
Franchize
All I can hear is Nazim Richardson in Mosley's corner saying "You just in there showing every other motherfucker how to beat this man." I had Manny winning, but Bradley did a good job of making him look bad. For all the ball gargling Lampley does about Manny's footwork, this is the 4th fight in a row where Manny has shown he doesn't know how to cut off a ring properly.I personally think this rematch will be the same as the initial fight but with different result. Bradley will have an even harder time winning a decision and I'm almost sure Arum will set things up to where the circumstances in the ring are harder. For instance, I'm pretty sure the ring will be smaller.
mgrover
The problem for Manny was he was doing wrong when he started taking parts of rounds off, made the fight harder to judge.it didn't work in his favour.but when Bradley did box in the later rounds Manny was taking them off so ask not sure if he looked effective because Manny did nothing our because out was actually working. I want to see what roach has to say about the taking rounds off, and no bull shit
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2012, 01:25 AM) *
i with the guy who said bradley needs to go back to see tommy hearns so he can learn to turn his shots over. then he'll get more on them. leave them damn weights alone son. tell ur pops to sit this one out.

Yea its pretty ridiculously how little pop he has, Paulies power is understandable because of his hand problems but come on Bradley.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Yea its pretty ridiculously how little pop he has, Paulies power is understandable because of his hand problems but come on Bradley.

paulie has had 2 stoppage wins recently. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2012, 01:02 PM) *
paulie has had 2 stoppage wins recently. laugh.gif

Which doesn't help Bradley's situation at all.
Cheesey1
Keyboard boxer here (heavy bag in the garden/yard when I was growing up doesn't count), but yeah I think that Bradley's ankles/feet issues were a major issue.

I'm picking Bradley to win (again).
mgrover
I don't think many people have figured put a good way to increase explosive power that makes those one punch knock outs, only way I did it was simply growing out of my weight.I think strength is something your born with or not
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 28 2012, 09:09 PM) *
I don't think many people have figured put a good way to increase explosive power that makes those one punch knock outs, only way I did it was simply growing out of my weight.I think strength is something your born with or not

Ko power is a stretch I was shooting for more like respectable power.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 28 2012, 09:09 PM) *

it doesn't take much 'power' to knock a person out. there are several factors to consider when throwing/landing a knock out shot.

form
leverage
timing
shot placement

keep in mind that it's the shot they don't see coming that hurts them the most. with that in mind, the idea is to create a situation where u can sneak in a shot , right on the button...then....lights out.

i can help anyone improve mechanics and understanding to knock someone the fuck out. the real question is....do u have the balls, patience and everything else that u need to stand in the pocket and deliver that shot at the perfect moment? not a lot of ppl do. strength (at least in the conventional sense) has absolutely nothing to do with a knock out punch. explosiveness (that element of surprise) does.
Cshel86
5 lbs of pressure = nighty night
Hotsauce
if pacquiao wins the rematch, there will be a trilogy.

what does bob arum wants?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.