Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would make a good fight for Josesito Lopez??? (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Thanks to the radio show, there are some other ideas out there for a Lopez fight. Who do you pick?
The Original MrFactor
With all those great opponents you listed for this guy, he'll be fighting Zab Judah by years end. Shane Mosley will come out of retirement and get him in the spring as a "comeback" fight. He'll go back down to 140 so that he can fight Saul Alvarez. He'll then come back to 147 and fight Chavez Jr... After all that he'll get a Pacquio or Mayweather shot.
mgrover
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 28 2012, 02:04 AM) *
With all those great opponents you listed for this guy, he'll be fighting Zab Judah by years end. Shane Mosley will come out of retirement and get him in the spring as a "comeback" fight. He'll go back down to 140 so that he can fight Saul Alvarez. He'll then come back to 147 and fight Chavez Jr... After all that he'll get a Pacquio or Mayweather shot.

may of got your weights mixed up?
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 27 2012, 09:04 PM) *

^^ huh??

Anyway, for some reason I think him and Alexander would make for a good fight. Alexander lacks defence other than clinching and he likes to try to give as much as he takes and I think josesito could exploit that and make it a good fight. But i would watch a rematch with ortiz any day.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 27 2012, 08:10 PM) *
may of got your weights mixed up?

LOL...no doubt. By dropping down to 140, he'd be running AWAY from Saul Alvarez
Franchize
I voted for Rios but I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a guy like Khan either. I think Paulie would take him to school only because his punches are so wide. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Zab either.
Cheesey1
I picked the Ortiz rematch.
The Original MrFactor
You guys didn't get that I was being very sarcastic... Seems that Alvarez and Chavez Jr chow down on guys from lower weight classes... Hence going down to 140 so that Alvarez would pick him. Going back up to 147 so that 160lb Chavez would pick him... Ohhh never mind trying to explain... I can't stand Chavez and Alverez for those reasons...
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 29 2012, 12:02 AM) *
You guys didn't get that I was being very sarcastic...

Figured that cool.gif
sduck
Lol I miss Allmenjoi8... She was funny.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 29 2012, 10:54 AM) *

Blasphemy...
BlueMercury
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Jul 1 2012, 04:32 PM) *

Thanks.
People have been saying that Khan/Lopez should be next (assuming that Khan wins of course). Would that be at 147, or 140...dunno. Lots of excellent potential matchups in those divisions, as always.

I got a bit irritated when the interviewer said that Tim Bradley has a bad reputation because of the Pacquaio fight? Huh...? All Bradley did was show up and fight., or did he load his gloves and I just haven't heard about it... If anyone should be labeled as having a "bad rep." it's the judges (I agree with their scoring though).
daprofessor
i wanna see bradley/pac rematch....or bradley/khan if he gets past garcia.

lopez/rios makes sense.

rios will be schooled by bradley.
Cshel86
I cant see either of the two fights happen for Lopez...two words...Bob Arum. If you happen to like Bob Arum, then another two words stop these fights from happening...Al Haymon.

Those guys hate each other, and I sincerely dont see these fights materializing. Lopez just linked up with Haymon. I haven't watched the interview yet, so maybe Ramirez knows something that we may not know.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 29 2012, 10:54 AM) *

Me too.

I get a lot of these Change.org petitions on a variety of events and I'm thinking of startng one to bring her back.

Plus, I still have all of those CShel vs. Allmenjoi8 posters. I don't mean some bootleg home made posters either, but the legit, professionally printed ones.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 2 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Me too.

I get a lot of these Change.org petitions on a variety of events and I'm thinking of startng one to bring her back.

Plus, I still have all of those CShel vs. Allmenjoi8 posters. I don't mean some bootleg home made posters either, but the legit, professionally printed ones.

Oh God, please stop.
Franchize
I think he would be better suited to fight Rios. Bradley is just gonna dodge all those wild punches. It would be an ugly, boring fight. The Rios fight would be a war. But like Cshel said, doubt either happens.
pacco_diablo
Ive got to go with Mallignaggi. I can't help but to think of a castillo/corrales type bang bang fight between these two. It would be hard to imagine this being a boring fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 2 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Me too.

count me in. i'll sign the petition.

seeing them go at it really made this place fun to visit. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.