Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHype UK - Haye/Chisora, Burns/Mitchell
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
UPDATE
- ADDED ANOTHER ARTICLE

WHAT'S ON FIGHTHYPE UK? Great Question...

http://uk.fighthype.com/

In order of the most recent articles:

'FROM THE BOTTOM TO MAYWEATHER'S $85MM - HOW DO OTHER BOXER'S COMPARE?'

- We all know how much the top tier boxers make, but what about the up and coming guys?
http://uk.fighthype.com/mayweather-made-85...r-fight-purses/

WEEKEND IN BOXING - 29th & 30th JUNE - INTERNATIONAL BOXING ACTION FROM SCOTLAND, AMERICA AND MEXICO.[/b]
- Highlights are super featherweights from Scotland. Light midleweights Bundrage, Spinks, Erislandy Lara and featherweight Gary Russell Jr. Roy Jones Jr's on this weekend too.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/weekend-in-boxing-29th-30th-june/

WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO / TONY THOMPSON EPIX MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL
- The conference call's passed, but the article summarises when and where to watch the heavyweight clash.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/wladimir-klitschko...call/#more-2626

SKY TO TELEVISE HAYE VS. CHISORA HEAVYWEIGHT SHOWDOWN - What, Sky's showing it? Yes, but Sky Germany.
-http://uk.fighthype.com/sky-to-televise-haye-v-chisora-heavyweight-showdown/#more-2643/

BEYOND THE ROPES EPISODE 1: HAYE CAMP… “I’m a better boxer than a street fighter and I took him out in about five seconds in the street, so what is going to happen in the fight?”
- BoxNation's behind the scenes look at both camps as they get ready to clash on the 14th of July. These guys say some truly funny stuff.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/beyond-the-ropes-e...n-in-the-fight/

BEYOND THE ROPES EPISODE 1: CHISORA CAMP….CHISORA AND CHARLES BRAWL.
- Who gets into a brawl with their own trainer? The one and the only Dereck 'Del Boy' Chisora does.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/beyond-the-ropes-e...g-him-yes-i-do/

HAYE/CHISORA: BEYOND THE ROPES
- Introduction to BoxNation's answer to HBO's 24/7. I couldn't think of two better guys to feature.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/hayechisora-beyond-the-ropes/

MUNROE Vs. QUIGG – REMATCH IN SEPTEMBER?
- Might we get the rematch of the much anticipated super bantamweight showdown in September?
- http://uk.fighthype.com/munroe-vs-quigg-re...h-in-september/

BURNS VS MITCHELL IS ON!
- Confirmation from Frank Warren Promotions that the lightweight mega-fight from the British isles is on.
- http://uk.fighthype.com/burns-vs-mitchell-is-on/#more-2515

FORMER WORLD CHAMPION HIDE BACK IN TRAINING
- Herbie Hide seems to be over his out of the ring distractions. He's back and focused on doing some damage in the cruiserweight ranks!
- http://uk.fighthype.com/former-world-champ...ck-in-training/

POVETKIN v RAHMAN FIGHT OFF BIG WEST HAM SHOW DUE TO GERMAN TV SCHEDULING
- http://uk.fighthype.com/povetkin-v-rahman-...-tv-scheduling/
Cheesey1
John Simpson vs. Paul Appleby - Simpson gets his revenge in emphatic style.

It was action packed. Simpson stops Appleby after unloading body shots, uppercuts, jabs. Appleby came to fight, but paid the price by getting K.O'd in the 6th.

Scott Harrison also won over the game, but clearly outmatched Gyorgy Mizseimakes. Ref stopped it in the 4th after a knockdown and one too many unanswered, clubbing hooks to to the ear area of the 18 year old.
Cheesey1
CShel / Jack, no separate FNF thread?

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:02 PM) *
CShel / Jack, no separate FNF thread?

Man Cheesey, you're bullshittin' bro! You already know how it goes on Friday nights. If Im sober enough to open a FNF thread, then I do it. If you hop out of your casket and get on the board before I do, then you'll open one. rolleyes_anim.gif
Cheesey1
Okay, heeeere we go...

Round 4 of Castaneda vs. Martin. I'm paying full attention now.

Nice right by Martin. Castaneda's looking slicker. Both guys have landed some nice ones. Close so far.

Fifth round. Castaneda's stalking. Martin held his own.

Nice right by Castaneda, but Martin rolled his head a bit, so didn't land completely flush.

Martin missed with a few jabs, but countered nicely.

Ouch, Martin lands the kindney krusher!! Or was it the solar plexus punisher? Looks like Teddy was right, it was more of an uppercut motion.

Castneda gets back up. Martin goes in for the kill, but Castaneda's saved by the bell.
Cheesey1
Martin was piling on the pressure and catching Castaneda with lefts and rights.

Somehow he survives.

Martin should go back to the body.

Now Castaneda's trying for the body. Martin's showing some patience, waiting for the moment to counter.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Man Cheesey, you're bullshittin' bro! You already know how it goes on Friday nights. If Im sober enough to open a FNF thread, then I do it. If you hop out of your casket and get on the board before I do, then you'll open one. rolleyes_anim.gif

Haha!!!! "Casket," how'd you know?
Cshel86
That body shot took the starch out of him! Saved by the bell is the perfect term! Now he's getting worked in the 6th...motherfucker was wobbling like Margarito. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Martin's body hunting pays off. Nice left to the gut. C'est finis! Martin wins by TKO.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:26 PM) *
That body shot took the starch out of him! Saved by the bell is the perfect term! Now he's getting worked in the 6th...motherfucker was wobbling like Margarito. laugh.gif

Yeah man. Nicely done by Martin.
Cshel86
DAMN! Another body shot dropped him! Shit, I thought he was gonna pull a Maidana and keep getting back up. He's done though...

Good scrap!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:28 PM) *
DAMN! Another body shot dropped him! Shit, I thought he was gonna pull a Maidana and keep getting back up. He's done though...

Good scrap!

This is the second FNF in a row where the body shot has played a big part. It's almost as if they read that article on FightHype UK entitled 'The Return of the Body Shot.'

http://uk.fighthype.com/return-of-the-body-shot/#more-2378
Cshel86
Shit...Tyson got fined $3M for biting Holyfield's ear??? Sheesh! That's more than 2Pac and Max B's bail put together. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Shit...Tyson got fined $3M for biting Holyfield's ear??? Sheesh! That's more than 2Pac and Max B's bail put together. laugh.gif

One hell of a fine!
Cheesey1
Provodnikov vs. Reynoso could be a no holds barred affair.

If you remember, Provodnikov was on FNF not too long ago and I think that he got the K.O then.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Provodnikov vs. Reynoso could be a no holds barred affair.

If you remember, Provodnikov was on FNF not too long ago and I think that he got the K.O then.

Yep! I like watching underpaid fighters...they fight with passion and no regards for anything else until the final bell rings!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Yep! I like watching underpaid fighters...they fight with passion and no regards for anything else until the final bell rings!

Ha! I don't know if Scott's going to publish it, but there should be something on Fighthype UK about what the current crop of up and coming boxers are making as their careers progress.

Okay, round 1!
Cheesey1
Reynoso's throwing the jab, but it's a pawing jab.

Better by Reynoso now, but whenever Provodnikov goes for the body he drops his hands, leaving his capesa there for the taking.
Cheesey1
Rd. 2. Provodnikov landed a nice right to the body as the round started.

Damn, knock down! Provodnikov wins by K.O in the second. I think it was a right to the head. He landed a couple of them.
Cshel86
Damn that's it....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Damn that's it....

Yup. FNF delivered. Reynoso wasn't the best, but Provodnikov did what you're supposed to do when you've got someone like that in front of you.

Reynoso showed some glimpses, but he just didn't have what it took to beat the angry little man.
Cheesey1
Later CShel, I'm ghost, like Pavlik.
Cheesey1
Not so soon, Cheesey! One more four rounder.
Cheesey1
Brooklyn!!

Godoy looking sharp. Crespo landed a nice left though.

Godoy's jab looks focused, like a laser.
Cheesey1
Godoy takes the first. Effective aggression. Landed some clean shots and even a few body shots.

Crespo isn't out of it, but needs to start throwing his jab more .

Godoy isn't letting Crespo just walk in there to land his offence. Working behind his jab.

Godoy won the second as well.

Round 3.
Cshel86
Duh asshole...I could've told you that a swing but was going to com eon since the main event ended early. Lol. Get your head in the game sir!
Cheesey1
Not looking good for Brooklynite Crespo.

Godoy is staying committed to the one, two combos all created by the jab.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 12:13 AM) *
Duh asshole...I could've told you that a swing but was going to com eon since the main event ended early. Lol. Get your head in the game sir!

Haha! You know that I'm under pressure here.
Cheesey1
Well said by Teddy that the violence on the streets with the young men has to stop.
Cheesey1
Crespo's lost this, unless he can pull something out of the air and get the K.O.

Too little too late by Crespo. Godoy had the correct gameplan and executed to a T.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 12:14 AM) *
Haha! You know that I'm under pressure here.

Under pressure, or somebody's angry underarm with all intentions of putting you out of your misery? I think I know the answer to that cool.gif
Cheesey1
Alright, FNF is officially off the air.

Later.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 12:23 AM) *
Under pressure, or somebody's angry underarm with all intentions of putting you out of your misery? I think I know the answer to that cool.gif

Ha! I blame Aretha Frankllin' with that R-E-S-P-E-C-T nonsense...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Ha! I blame Aretha Frankllin' with that R.E.S.P.E.C.T nonsense...

Nonsense it is...especially since she (Franklin) was "all over the place" with different men. Irony aint it?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Nonsense it is...especially since she (Franklin) was "all over the place" with different men. Irony aint it?

Indeed.

Although, the "silver lining" type of guy that I am, along with sea hags, I have no problem with the loose ladies.

Cheesey1
Don't forget that Roy Jones Jr. is on in a bit.

He's on now.
Cheesey1
One would think that after the ugly K.Os RJJ jr. would keep his left hand up, but nope.

Nonetheless, he's catching Glazewcki. Glazewcki's looking younger and busier, but RJJ Jr.'s not getting clowned.

Round 4 is coming up and it's close, to maybe RJJ Jr. ahead.
Cshel86
Checking in...had to get my shitty stream in check. It's behaving itself now...
Cheesey1
6th round, RJJ Jr. was knocked down, but he doesn't seem hurt. Looks tired though.

Glazewcki is having success with the right... What a surprise (sarcasm).

Roy's accuracy has its moments, but Kostecki's coming on in the latter part of this bout.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 05:48 PM) *
Checking in...had to get my shitty stream in check. It's behaving itself now...

Cool. That knockdown was from a left. It was combined with RJJ's backward motion though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Cool. That knockdown was from a left. It was combined with RJJ's backward motion though.

Looked like he was ready to go down with those last 2 punches.

PS: This stream is shitty as hell...
Cshel86
Im not sure if Jones is slipping these punches or what. He doesn't look like hes in any trouble though.

Isn't it funny how people watch RJJ to see how bad he's going to get KO'd, when back in the day, people used to watch RJJ to see how bad he was going to KO someone else.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:05 PM) *
Im not sure if Jones is slipping these punches or what. He doesn't look like hes in any trouble though.

Isn't it funny how people watch RJJ to see how bad he's going to get KO'd, when back in the day, people used to watch RJJ to see how bad he was going to KO someone else.

Yup, how far the mighty have fallen...

Agreed, age is the only reason that RJ Jr. might lose this one. His timing isn't completely shot against this level of opponent.
Cheesey1
RJJ is looking good in this 10th round. (please don't get K.O'd Roy).

A couple of rights to the body a few seconds ago by RJ Jr
Cheesey1
That was close. If I was a judge would I have given the victory to the geezer? The knockdown might have edged it for Glazewcki
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:10 PM) *
RJJ is looking good in this 10th round. (please don't get K.O'd Roy).

A couple of rights to the body a few seconds ago by RJ Jr

That was a pretty good 10th round for Jones.
Cheesey1
Nice, RJ Jr. won.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Nice, RJ Jr. won.

Agreed. I missed the first 4 rounds, and I wasn't sure they'd give it to Roy since he's the road warrior in this fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:14 PM) *
That was a pretty good 10th round for Jones.

The judges were paying attention to the fact that, as you said, RJ jr. was blocking and avoiding a lot of Glazewcki's punches.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Agreed. I missed the first 4 rounds, and I wasn't sure they'd give it to Roy since he's the road warrior in this fight.

True.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.