Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Boxing on a Superfight Undercard
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
CALL ME CRAZY for entertaining the thought but, I would love to see Celebs duke it out again like how they use to in "Celebrity Boxing" with volunteers such as vanilla ice, todd bridges, Screech (from save by the bell) or even Tonya Harding. If there's 1 thing Boxing or even MMA could learn from wrestling entertainment is that Hollywood being involved in there events (and i'm not just talking about them being seated in the audience waving at camaras) would bring even better numbers and a much broader audience. I believe every once in a blue moon at a Superfight, there should at-lease be an under card slotted for 2 of Hollywoods "bad boys/girls" to slug it out for charity or some sort. For instance lets say the whole Chris Brown fighting Drake for a million going to charity (though that rumor has been denounce), wouldn't that fight alone generate alot of interest from fans around the world who know them both. If you wanna talk about what that would do for the sport from a business perspective, then you would be talking about 1 event making a whole lotta fetti. Shows like Celebrity Deathmatch (though animated fiction) became famous off entertaining that idea. Even wrestling entertainment saw how there ratings would jump by adding hollywood star power in to the mix. Just imagine on the undercard of Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao the first carded fight via ppv be Denzel Washington vs. Cuba Gooding jr. (lol). Off the strength of how crazy it actually sounds would probably make you want to watch it.

Let Me hear you guys opinon on this if it makes sense to you or not.
daprofessor
gambit...u are crazy.

arum already tried the side show acts. i prefer real boxing. what ur suggesting cheapens it all. no thanks.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 29 2012, 06:11 PM) *
gambit...u are crazy.

arum already tried the side show acts. i prefer real boxing. what ur suggesting cheapens it all. no thanks.

don't worry i prefer real too, but to me, any fight can be real & entertaining to watch, especially between 2 amateurs who lack some of the skills that a professional would have. This i believe would make it a fun fight as well as short fight. Not taken any time away from the professionals who could then show how its done afterwards. we all watch boxing for some source of entertainment, so why not add this.

I'M JUS SAYIN
mgrover
rocky vs the terminator...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 29 2012, 06:28 PM) *
don't worry i prefer real too, but to me, any fight can be real & entertaining to watch, especially between 2 amateurs who lack some of the skills that a professional would have. This i believe would make it a fun fight as well as short fight. Not taken any time away from the professionals who could then show how its done afterwards. we all watch boxing for some source of entertainment, so why not add this.

I'M JUS SAYIN

i would definitely watch a celebrity boxing match....just don't slide the bouts in with the real deal. i cannot stand when they do boxing/mma shows. that's corny. sort of like going to get a fade....then buying some food from the same spot which also happens to do nails and tattoos. laugh.gif nah man. i'm cool. i'll watch a separate card though. let's let the feminine rappers go at it....throw in some canseco vs shaq for good measure....i'll watch. make that shit on a week night too so it doesn't interfere with showtime/hbo/espn 2/telefutura...or any of the other ones i watch.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 29 2012, 08:48 PM) *
i would definitely watch a celebrity boxing match....just don't slide the bouts in with the real deal. i cannot stand when they do boxing/mma shows. that's corny. sort of like going to get a fade....then buying some food from the same spot which also happens to do nails and tattoos. laugh.gif nah man. i'm cool. i'll watch a separate card though. let's let the feminine rappers go at it....throw in some canseco vs shaq for good measure....i'll watch. make that shit on a week night too so it doesn't interfere with showtime/hbo/espn 2/telefutura...or any of the other ones i watch.

1+

O, Ok so basically "stay in that particular lane" is the point I think your trying to make in the event that Celebrity Boxing actually does come back to exist, Correct? I guess that would be the ideal way of looking at it, for the sake of not mixing contenders with pretenders
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 29 2012, 09:12 PM) *
1+

O, Ok so basically "stay in that particular lane" is the point I think your trying to make in the event that Celebrity Boxing actually does come back to exist, Correct? I guess that would be the ideal way of looking at it, for the sake of not mixing contenders with pretenders

i'm against anything that takes away from the integrity(what little boxing has) or prestige of the sport. u won't see celebs playing at halftime at a football game....or celebs taking swings at a baseball game...they have their own charity games. they're never in conjunction with the real deal. don't diminish what we have is all i'm saying. i couldn't stand the butterbean matches on the undercards of ppv cards. i couldn't stand the women matches either. i don't go to boxing matches to watch mma fights. i go to boxing matches to see boxing matches. keep all the other stuff separate.
Cshel86
No Drake vs Chris Brown, please! I dont want to see two guys fight over the ran-through pussy of some feeble-minded island chick. All we'll see is a couple of decent punches thrown, then they'll commence to hugging like John Ruiz.

Boxing is trying to stand on it's flimsy leg as it is, no need for the shenanigans. The pot for this "fight" is already in the neighborhood of $9M, which is way more than undercard fighters make, and hell, sometimes the main event fighters on a PPV dont even make that much combined. The fact that this fight is actually being seriously discussed amongst the boxing business, poses as a pending nightmare on my behalf. Sheesh, the thought...

Anyway, since we're talking about celebrities in sports...anybody remember this shit? laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.