Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bundrange vs Spinks:SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post-fight reactions to tonight's fight. Going in, I think this will be a ZZZZZZZ fest. I hate watching Corey Stinks fight. Worse is his emotional crying when he wins! Hope "K9" knocks him the fuck out!!!!!

Jack
mgrover
I remember K9 from the contender series, where they thought he was a joke and couldn't box for shit, he just had the physical behind him, well look at him now.
Cshel86
Oh God...I forgot the lapdog and the baby dinosaur were fighting tonight. Somebody fill me in...is Spinks past it, or is he reaping the bullshit of being promoted by Don King (whether he's still being promoted or not).
Cshel86
Hernandez has been KO'd by Berto a couple of years ago, but let's see if he's duarble enough to give Lara some fits. The logical answer is that Lara will kill him, but this year has shown us something different...
Cheesey1
I don't remember too much about how Hernandez looked against Berto, apart form that he lost. Hopefully Lara continues to live up to the well earned respect that he's enjoying.

Haha and hopefully he's making more money than CShel spends in a week for this bout.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:11 PM) *
I don't remember too much about how Hernandez looked against Berto, apart form that he lost. Hopefully Lara continues to live up to the well earned respect that he's enjoying.

Haha and that he's making more money than CShel spends in a week for this bout.

Hahahaha!

Good first round for Hernandez...for staying on his feet. Lara won the round by a country mile, of course. Freddy tried to pick it up in the last 40 seconds.
Cshel86
Second round goes to Lara, good body shots. Guess what else...good body shots for Freddy. Lara isn't running through this guy like Im sure most felt that he would. I wonder if Freddy's face will hold up...
Cshel86
This shit is starting to remind me of Lopez/Ortiz a bit...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:21 PM) *
Second round goes to Lara, good body shots. Guess what else...good body shots for Freddy. Lara isn't running through this guy like Im sure most felt that he would. I wonder if Freddy's face will hold up...

I haven't seen how Hernandez has looked since Berto. Also, maybe Hernandez is a natural 154 guy. He's tall, or at looks tallish.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:21 PM) *

Hernandez is no slouch, but I can see a TKO by Lara in the latter rounds.

Lara's landing some nice clean shots on the outside and on the inside.
leonthegee
I know Lara can fight but this guy Hernandez is a tomato can. And tomorrow everybodies gonna swear Canelos ducking him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Hernandez is no slouch, but I can see a TKO by Lara in the latter rounds.

Good round for Lara in the 4th...Freddy aint backin' down or layin' down.

4 Things:

1. Freddy is on that shit
2. Freddy has a chin
3. Lara doesn't hit as hard as people give him credit for.
4. Josesito Lopez is Freddy's new hero.

If Berto can knock Freddy out and Lara cant, then something seems weird about that....
Cshel86
Was that a double punch by Lara? Headbutt maybe?

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 30 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Hernandez is a tomato can.

Not really. Now, is he top competition? Not really. But he could be the guy that throws a monkey wrench into any situation.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 30 2012, 09:29 PM) *
I know Lara can fight but this guy Hernandez is a tomato can. And tomorrow everybodies gonna swear Canelos ducking him.

Hernandez' only two losses were to Berto and seven years ago in 2005. He KO'd Demarcus Corley in 2010. Not saying that he's the best, but I'm not calling him a tomato can, plus it looks like he's fighting at a more natural weight (because his frame looks on the big side for 147).
Cheesey1
The cut's definitely hindering Hernandez, but Lara was connecting with straights, hooks and body shots earlier.

Hernandez is definitely trying for the body. Good effort.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:44 PM) *
The cut's definitely hindering Hernandez, but Lara was connecting with straights, hooks and body shots earlier.

Yeah that cut is bad...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Yeah that cut is bad...

Hernandez is taking a beating. The cut is making it look really bad, but even without the cut, he'd still be getting f'd up!

Jab and straight left by Lara. Each one landed.

Crunching right hook by Lara.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Hernandez is taking a beating. The cut is making it look really bad, but even without the cut, he'd still be getting f'd up!

Yeah his face is lookin' like Frankenstein right about now, and I was looking at how that 9th round started with shorter crisp punches by Lara...didn't think he was gonna make it out of the round.
mgrover
Mind telling me when the main event starts? Am just on my way home
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Yeah his face is lookin' like Frankenstein right about now, and I was looking at how that 9th round started with shorter crisp punches by Lara...didn't think he was gonna make it out of the round.

Too bad that the cut was bad, but Lara was winning anyway.

I liked what I saw. Hernandez looks like a tough guy who probably learnt a thing or two after losing to Berto and looked like he was probably stronger now than he was then. Lara broke him down.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 30 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Mind telling me when the main event starts? Am just on my way home

I think that Gary Russell Jr. is on next. That might be a K.O, or go the distance. You've probably got 30 mins to 45 mins.

Ha, I could be wrong though.
Cshel86
Freddy made a pretty good account of himself tonight, though he didn't win. Point is, he didn't go out like a bitch. Im still not all that sold on Lara, and maybe I shouldn't give my hopes up, because I haven't seen a Cuban boxing star in a while. I like him in the ring, but unless a miracle happens, he'll be fighting at this level for a while...hopefully not forever.

PS: Hernandez' face looks like David Diaz' after the Pacquiao fight...minus the Diaz Dumbo ears.

Whats up with that 95 - 94 scorecard? Really?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Good round for Lara in the 4th...Freddy aint backin' down or layin' down.

4 Things:

1. Freddy is on that shit
2. Freddy has a chin
3. Lara doesn't hit as hard as people give him credit for.
4. Josesito Lopez is Freddy's new hero.

If Berto can knock Freddy out and Lara cant, then something seems weird about that....

Important detail, Hernandez fought Berto at 147. I think that he looks more natural at 154 and maybe stronger?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Important detail, Hernandez fought Berto at 147. I think that he looks more natural at 154 and maybe stronger?

They also made a point that he got caught cold in that first round KO loss to Berto.
Cheesey1
Haha, Josesito Lopez is hollywood now!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:58 PM) *
They also made a point that he got caught cold in that first round KO loss to Berto.

If Lara doesn't get put in the ring with Alvarez, I'm sure that GBP will get him something solid. They can't be that stupid.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Haha, Josesito Lopez is hollywood now!!

I know, right? What's up with this Canelo Alvarez "sweepstakes"? Fuck him.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:00 PM) *
If Lara doesn't get put in the ring with Alvarez, I'm sure that GBP will get him something solid. They can't be that stupid.

I hope not. Again, its not much that can be done with a Cuban (image wise), so we'll have to see about that one. Maybe a Trout fight? Rodriguez?
mgrover
am only 15 minutes away,I should make it in time
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:03 PM) *
I know, right? What's up with this Canelo Alvarez "sweepstakes"? Fuck him.

I hope not. Again, its not much that can be done with a Cuban (image wise), so we'll have to see about that one. Maybe a Trout fight? Rodriguez?

Lara vs. Kirkland.
Cheesey1
Gary Russell Jr. in his second 10 rounder. Ha, I got it wrong the first time.
Cheesey1
Russell Jr. is using the jab nicely and pressing the attack behind it.

Wow, wicked left connected from Russell.
Cshel86
GRJ better watch that counter right by Perez....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:09 PM) *
GRJ better watch that counter right by Perez....

Yeah, that's the problem with being a short boxer, you have to come in to connect.

Russell takes the first round. Landed at least one killer left hook. The jabs were passable and snapped Perez head back a bit.
Cheesey1
Russell stopped jabbing in the second. Why?

Guess it doesn't matter...

Russell's accurate and looks like he has no problem with a scrap. Scored the knockdown.
Cshel86
Shit...Perez went down like he was doing a Rapper's Delight dip.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Shit...Perez went down like he was doing a Rapper's Delight dip.

Ha!
Cshel86
Well Perez got knocked through the ropes...cant see this lasting long.

Another KD...I dont want to waste posts here...

Down twice in the 3rd...

Nevermind...3rd knockdown to end the fight in the 3rd. Another One Bites the Dust.
Cheesey1
TKO by Gary Russell Jr.
mgrover
am here, the beers open and the notepads out what i miss?
mrchitown
Time for Russell Jr to step-up the competition
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 30 2012, 10:19 PM) *

You missed the red hot prospect, Gary Russell Jr. beat the snot out of his opponent via a 3rd round TKO on his third knockdown of the night.

You also missed Erislandy Lara go the distance and take apart a solid opponent in a bloody fight, where none of the blood was Lara's. A nasty head butt was involved, but Lara won nicely.
mgrover
from the quick highlights he reminded me of yuri gamboa
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 30 2012, 10:19 PM) *

Cheers on the beer mate! No need for a notepad for the recent fight. You may have needed the pad to hep that blind judge in the first fight, who had it scored 95 - 94.
mgrover
i heard Jones Jr won via robbery too
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 30 2012, 10:24 PM) *
i heard Jones Jr won via robbery too

Nah. Not true (IMO). RJ jr was just better than his last minute opponent. The knock down was due to a glancing left and RJ Jr's backward motion. It was close, but Jones defence did it's job. Slipped and outright blocked a lot of the stuff that the Polish guy threw. RJ Jr was accurate enough too.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:27 AM) *
Nah. Not true (IMO). RJ jr was just better than his last minute opponent. The knock down was due to a glancing left and RJ Jr's backward motion. It was close, but Jones defence did it's job. Slipped and outright blocked a lot of the stuff that the Polish guy threw. RJ Jr was accurate enough too.

ill have to watch it, twitters been going on about it being a bad decision.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 30 2012, 10:28 PM) *
ill have to watch it, twitters been going on about it being a bad decision.

What's ya Twitter mate?
mgrover
ah gotta love the corona girls, there what am drinking
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:31 AM) *
What's ya Twitter mate?

@ghosalmartin
mgrover
the fuck was that? he didnt even look at him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.