Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Main Events and NBC to Extend Fight Night Series!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Good news for boxing,

NBC Sports' "Fight Night" series has landed an extension contract, with Main Events, according to Fightnews.com. There will be more boxing on NBC Sports Network, and up to four fights on REGULAR NBC TV! All boxing promoters should get involved in this! Here are more details:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/nbc-extend...n-events-121279

Jack
daprofessor
great news!!!

now if only we can get them to do it on saturday afternoons like they did when i was a kid. right after the cartoons!!!
pacco_diablo
Major broadcast network + professional boxing = Yes!!! Now let's see how unselfish the promoters can be for the better of the sport.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 03:27 PM) *
now if only we can get them to do it on saturday afternoons like they did when i was a kid. right after the cartoons!!!

Sheesh...how long ago was that? laugh.gif Were thay still wearing short shorts and high socks in the NBA? Magic & Byrd still had beef? Help me out Professor. drag.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Sheesh...how long ago was that? laugh.gif Were thay still wearing short shorts and high socks in the NBA? Magic & Byrd still had beef? Help me out Professor. drag.gif

laugh.gif u clowning me on my age youngan? huh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2012, 09:08 PM) *
laugh.gif u clowning me on my age youngan? huh.gif

Is it working? laugh.gif Just kiddin' man
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Is it working? laugh.gif Just kiddin' man

laugh.gif yeah. sad.gif
Cshel86
Ha! As long as I have that advantage Professor, then you'll always have problems. cool.gif

On another note, I love these NBC cards, regardless of the competition at times. The fact that boxing is making a stronger stance towards being back on regular television, truly gets a thumbs up from. I haven't been disappointed with one of these cards yet.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Ha! As long as I have that advantage Professor, then you'll always have problems. cool.gif

On another note, I love these NBC cards, regardless of the competition at times. The fact that boxing is making a stronger stance towards being back on regular television, truly gets a thumbs up from. I haven't been disappointed with one of these cards yet.

not really. i'm cool. i deal with the youngans in the gym on a daily basis. laugh.gif

the move to network television is long overdue. i'd like to see some other promoters/stables get tv time too.
mrchitown
Definitely a big boost for boxing. I like the matchups and the way it's promoted is pretty good also. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the Fight Night series. Other promoters should follow suit and bring compelling matches back to network stations
daprofessor
so long as they stay away from the hometown decisions....like the one adamek got over fast eddie....they should be alright.

anyone else like the commentary? what's the cruiserweights name again? he's pretty good.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2012, 02:38 PM) *
so long as they stay away from the hometown decisions....like the one adamek got over fast eddie....they should be alright.

anyone else like the commentary? what's the cruiserweights name again? he's pretty good.

His name is BJ Flores
checkleft
Hmm this is great what local channel is that, 24?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.