Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thank you ward vs dawson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pacco_diablo
Outside of may/pac, there is not a single fight that I'd rather see. Thank you guys for making this happen!
Franchize
Also nice to see that two quality sportsmen can indulge in a big time fight void of all the bullshit. These two seem like really "good guys" in terms how they handle business. They both seem to want to fight the best guys available.
mgrover
still don't understand why Dawon is cutting instead of Ward going up
Cshel86
Im with you MG, Im still trying to see why Dawson is willing to shed weight. Nazim Richardson said that it would work out in Dawson's favor. If he loses, then he can blame it on the weight and keep his title...so it's a win-win situation for him.

Ward could have moved up, but it seems that both guys have done a good number for themselves (Ward winning the Super 6 and Chad beating Bernard), so I believe Ward may have slightly edged Chad in regards to who had the upper hand in negotiations.

Seems like both guys have mutual respect for each other and the fight looks good on both of their resumes...so Im sure they didn't lock horns during negotiations. Cant wait to see how this goes...
daprofessor
chad has talked about dropping to 168 in the past. i believe he is capable of making the weight with little or no trouble. he also seems to have gotten his confidence back. for a guy like chad losing is not good for his career. he's not very marketable....so he needs to win or his money goes down.
Cheesey1
Definitely. Great news that it's happening. Agreed with others, at 175, would've been perfect, but no complaints at 168 and I uderstand completely why it's happening at 168.
checkleft
Yes this is a great fight, idk if I've ever seen ward take an easy fight. I also like the chisora haye fight. Some good match ups are coming up
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 2 2012, 07:32 PM) *
still don't understand why Dawon is cutting instead of Ward going up

For dawsons frame I think it actually suits him, I doubt he will lose any muscle mass or be affected in any way. He might even be faster. Ward might have been bloated going up, I don't even think he's very tall for a super middle
alaganza
Have to agree. This is a good fight to make.
Looking forward to it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 2 2012, 10:58 PM) *
For dawsons frame I think it actually suits him, I doubt he will lose any muscle mass or be affected in any way. He might even be faster. Ward might have been bloated going up, I don't even think he's very tall for a super middle

I think Ward is tall enough for SMW and LHW, I've had the privilege to meet him a few times and he has good height and a good frame on him. Regardless, it's going to be a good fight and I can't wait til September.
BoxingStill#1
Ward Dawson is a good way for both fighters to get another notable name on their resume...good move..

Here are two guys who arent hiding behind promoters or managers, willing to sit for live interviews, and technically going out of thier own way to see each other. (Kudos to Dawson for the weight drop)

I give Ward the edge even with the size disadvantages, to slick, to composed,.. I feel its going to be a slow paced easy to follow fight...

Ward UD.
BoxingStill#1
Can someone add a poll?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 3 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Can someone add a poll?

Done.
mrwigi
I believe Chad use to fight at 168 back in 06. It will be interesting to see how he handles the weight loss and if it will have any effect on his strength and speed. Give me Ward by SD just because there at 168 instead of 175. Either way, it should be a good fight
Cshel86
Im giving this to Ward by close decision. Both guys are great boxers, but I believe that Ward will take advantage of being the smaller fighter. His speed and movement will play a part in this.

Dawson starts a bit too slow for my liking, and I cant see him coming out guns blazing after the opening bell. If Dawson is able to use his slight height advantage (2 inches) effectively and move his damn head (which he abandons at times), then we'll see something special.

Either way it goes, this is a great fight! In my eyes, Ward fights EVERY fight as if he wants it, so Chad being on cruise control may not help him out.
Plah
Love, love, LOVE this 2 fighters. I've been thinking about this matchup for quite some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.