Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angel Garcia's Comments
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
I'll start by saying this:

I'm Muslim, and proudly so.

With that out of the way, to make fun of Amir Khan for invoking God as a way of reasoning him getting KTFO against Prescott is one thing.

However, to make idiotic claims about "His God is a punishing God" is plain laughable because news flash: it's the same God. We call the entity different names, but all Abrahamic faiths share the same deity.

I know, I know, he's an ex-tomato can turned trainer, so he's not exactly well-versed in the nuances of theological matters, but I found this too hysterical not to pass up.

What's he going to say when Khan beats his son ? The "Punishing God" came through for Khan ?

Maybe he should focus on spending more time helping his mediocre soon-to-be gatekeeper son how to survive in the ring instead of spouting bullshit.
leonthegee
This guy is just another Dad living through his son. I remember when I saw Danny fight the first thing I said was this guy needs a real trainer. This guy makes Jack Mosley look like an elite trainer. But im intrigued so he must be doing something right.
Franchize
As I said when Arum began criticizing Manny for his new demeanor and devotion to his faith, theres some boundaries you do not cross. Faith n religion is one of them. Especially when you dont know wtf ur talking about. Im Christian but I oft listen to knowledge from Muslims regarding religion because it seems less tampered with than my own denomination. Im very unorthodox in my beliefs. I believe in God but I dont believe in the Bible. Well, I dont hold it as a book that God wrote. I believe its a man made advice book based on spirituality. Max, your right, we call our God two different things but he is one in the same. Talk about Khans tactical shortcomings. Going this route only shows me that Garcia wont be able to tactically expose the flaws Freddy Roach fighters routinely come in the ring with.
Cshel86
LMFAO! I knew a thread would be born after I saw the video on the front page. Garcia's dad is just a Spring Break edition of the fuckin' 3 Stooges, dude is a moron, but I found the said shamefully comical.

I found it funny because his son will have to back up allll of that shit that he's talking. I remember Khan somewhat using his religious practices (of some sort) as a reason for the Prescott loss, I found that funny in weird way. However, Garcia took it waaaay overboard when he started saying that Khan's God is punishing him. WTF was that all about?

I like to hear idiots talk sometimes, just for entertainment and shock value, but going at a guy's religion is a low blow, to say the least. Now, had a guy fighter done some trashtalking back in the day about Holyfield being a "Man of God" but going on a "pull out" spree and having bunch of kids all over the place, then I would've found something like that funny.

There's not much research you have to do when making a comment of that nature, but when you say some of the things Garcia said, something just aint right about that. I was laughing about the rant he went on, but he needs to clear that shit up, if it isn't too late.

Danny starts waaaaay too slow, so hoping that he does something different, may be a bit of a stretch. I haven't seen him fight somebody with this much speed and the goal of landing scoring blows to win rounds.
leonthegee
I must give Danny Garcia props for at least taking this fight. With Bradley moving up Khan is now the man at 140. Danny could of took a couple easy fights against some tomato cans but hes going up against the best in his division. Cudos for that. I just hope he comes to fight.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 3 2012, 05:56 AM) *
Im Christian but I oft listen to knowledge from Muslims regarding religion because it seems less tampered with than my own denomination. Im very unorthodox in my beliefs. I believe in God but I dont believe in the Bible. Well, I dont hold it as a book that God wrote. I believe its a man made advice book based on spirituality.

Well if you are Christian then the bible is what you believe in. If not just call yourself a man of faith. Because you cant say you are a Christian but dont believe in the bible. Christianity and the bible go hand in hand. You are just a man a faith and not a Christian.
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 3 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Well if you are Christian then the bible is what you believe in. If not just call yourself a man of faith. Because you cant say you are a Christian but dont believe in the bible. Christianity and the bible go hand in hand. You are just a man a faith and not a Christian.

You make a valid point but I also consider myself an unorthodox Christian. I do so because I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I believe that personally he is my way to salvation. I also believe that Jesus is only one of the manifestations of God. I could never discredit Allah or Buddha as the Bible says to. Though I do believe that Holy books like the Bible and Koran are indeed Holy, I can not take them verbatim because they were touched/relayed/interpreted by man. Man is waaaay too far from pure to not fuck something up somewhere along the line.

I believe in both evolution and creation because humans are ultimately different creatures than neanderthals, despite their similarities. I'm an Occam's razor type dude... the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
daprofessor
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jul 3 2012, 06:39 AM) *
I'll start by saying this:

I'm Muslim, and proudly so.

With that out of the way, to make fun of Amir Khan for invoking God as a way of reasoning him getting KTFO against Prescott is one thing.

However, to make idiotic claims about "His God is a punishing God" is plain laughable because news flash: it's the same God. We call the entity different names, but all Abrahamic faiths share the same deity.

I know, I know, he's an ex-tomato can turned trainer, so he's not exactly well-versed in the nuances of theological matters, but I found this too hysterical not to pass up.

What's he going to say when Khan beats his son ? The "Punishing God" came through for Khan ?

Maybe he should focus on spending more time helping his mediocre soon-to-be gatekeeper son how to survive in the ring instead of spouting bullshit.

the old testament God was a punishing God....right? huh.gif

no doubt he's a clown...i think he's just talking just to rile khan up in hopes that he fights with emotion and gets careless. no different than b-hop throwing down the p.r. flag in puerto rico. it's what ppl from the hood do....talk mad shit to get under ur skin. it also forces his son to step up his game. it's all gamesmanship i guess. i take it all with a grain of salt.
mgrover
so he wants to piss off a guy who just throw a shit load of punches to train even harder to throw a shit load more punches? sounds pretty smart, maybe khan will gas
checkleft
I don't see Garcia winning this fight.. even if Khans god is in garcias corner lol. I don't think he has the grit that Peterson and maidana had in order to take Khan to the ropes and basically smother him.
daprofessor
ok....after some consideration....i'm all in on garcia in this fight.

things to consider....

garcia is his 2nd option....the original fight was peterson who tested positive. he's got the natural up/downs that come with stuff like that.

khan has been spanning the globe in preparation for this fight. training in the uk....then the philippines....then in the u.s. shades of linares????

also, he's been cut in sparring. how the hell he got a cut on the bridge of his nose when he wears that bitch-bar headgear is beyond my understanding. supposedly it was from an elbow.

last but not least....teddy atlas picked him to win! that's the curse.

if khan doesn't get danny early....it's going to be a long night. i wont' be shocked if danny stops him late.

Cshel86
Cant wait to see how this fight plays out next weekend! Hope Angel hasn't dug a hole too deep for his son.
Franchize
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 3 2012, 12:55 PM) *

I'm an unorthodox Christian. I'm Christian in the sense that I believe in God and Jesus Christ but unorthodox in the sense that I don't believe the Bible is 100% accurate. I don't believe it is a sin to not be a believer. For instance, if I was never exposed to Christianity, then I shouldnt be eternally damned for it.

Either way, it has no place in the theatrics of pre-fight hoopla.
Cshel86
Am I the only one that's actually starting to like this guy now? LOL. I mean, the shit that he does at the pressers used to annoy me, but NOW, that shit is pure comedy! Am I the only one?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Am I the only one that's actually starting to like this guy now? LOL. I mean, the shit that he does at the pressers used to annoy me, but NOW, that shit is pure comedy! Am I the only one?

i liked this guy from the beginning. he's raw and uncut. reminds me of my trainer and mentor...except angel curses far less. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:17 PM) *
i liked this guy from the beginning. he's raw and uncut. reminds me of my trainer and mentor...except angel curses far less. laugh.gif

He grew on me...I just thought he was waaaay too attention-seeking at first. He's on my list of funny trainers, as we speak.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2012, 05:08 PM) *
He grew on me...I just thought he was waaaay too attention-seeking at first. He's on my list of funny trainers, as we speak.

he's legit. u can see it in danny's skills and the advice he gave him in between rounds. they are not on top by accident. roger is funny....floyd sr is funny sometimes too...but i like angel better than both with his shit talking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.