Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dirrell vs froch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i watched this fight again the other night and i have to say....there is no way in hell dirrell lost that fight. talk about hometown decisions!!!! and froch was a fuckin politician at the end of it...absolutely no shame. he should avenge that loss to dirrell. in my mind...dirrell is undefeated!!! what the hell is going on with him these days anyway?
flazi
i had Dirrell winning also. Didn't he just break something like a leg?
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 3 2012, 04:15 PM) *
i had Dirrell winning also. Didn't he just break something like a leg?

i think that was his brother anthony.
mrchitown
Dirrell won that fight, that was a big case of home cooking for Froch. If you look at Froch's face during the fight, you can tell he's confused. He didn't know how to deal with Dirrell's speed and athleticism. I hope Dirrell beats Stevenson and gets the rematch with Froch. I think ye beats him comfortably this time.

Froch has a tough time with fighters who he can't intimidate and who have athleticism. Ward, Dirrell, Kessler, even Jermain Taylor. Taylor was giving him a tough scrap and was on his way to a decision winnuntil his infamous stamina issues came into play. A Dirrell and Froch rematch would be very good
Cheesey1
Yup, broken leg was Anthony.

Same here, I had Andre Dirrell beating Froch, but he took his foot off of the pedal and gave the judges enough of an excuse to give Froch the victory.

I agree that Dirrell wins the rematch, but Froch has also improved.
Cshel86
Dirrell controlled the fight for the most part, but Froch was having his way a bit towards in the later rounds. I have to go back and watch again though. These fuckin' Dirrell brothers have been blowing it, hope they make the most of their upcoming bouts.
Thickback
I had Dirrell winning that fight as well. Only thing about Andre is he doesn't like getting hit....at all. He could have put Froch away but let up. (If I recall correctly) After this fight(upcoming), if he is still in top form then he beats Froch in the rematch as long as it isn't over seas again. If he comes in aggressive, he can put Froggy away.
pacco_diablo
Dirrell is undefeated in my eyes as well. He did hurt himself in the Froch fight by the flopping around but I still thought that he clearly won the fight. I've always liked Dirrell though he can be "homotional" (i totally stole that word, haha) at times. He exposed King Arthur for the first time which I gave him a lot of respect for. However, and I dont know the details, he seems to want to part of ward. One thing is for sure, 3 fights in 3 years isnt going to keep him in the minds of many. I question whether he truly believes in himself. Such a talented guy. I truly hope he pulls his shit together.
daprofessor
i think if he settles down some and learns a little more defense...he's going to be good. he's still using amateur style defense. they same shit ward used to do when he first started his pro career. ward went to school and came back a beast! dirrell needs to do the same.
Franchize
Add me to the Dirrell Won boat. I thought he boxed the shit outta Froch. He did look a lil wild tho. I think he isnt back because he secretly has long term damage from the Arthur Lamebraham fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 5 2012, 07:46 PM) *
Add me to the Dirrell Won boat. I thought he boxed the shit outta Froch. He did look a lil wild tho. I think he isnt back because he secretly has long term damage from the Arthur Lamebraham fight.

laugh.gif

yeah...ppl sleep on things like double and triple vision...but it's real. i had one of my guys suffer an injury like that and it was months before he was right again. health is the most important thing in these matters. no one every questioned kessler pulling out with his injury...but everyone and their momma accused dirrell of being full of shit.
The Original MrFactor
Sorry to piss in everybody's cereal. i though the Froch fight could have gone either way. It was a close fight. I got really tired of Dirrell's flopping and holding. I thought he flat out quit against Abraham. Abraham was timing him and started coming on late. the punch that he got hit with while on his knees didn't look that hard. I know, I know it was in the back of his head. Looked like a delayed reaction from him. I think fighters are now told to take a dive if you get hit in the back of the head. It seems like that is becoming more and more common. Didn't it just happen recently twice on HBO. the ref refused to stop the fight in one fight and didn't Arce or somebody just quit in his fight because of this same shit. Dirrell quit at a good time gainst Abraham. I was a fan until those 2 fights.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 5 2012, 10:25 PM) *
Sorry to piss in everybody's cereal. i though the Froch fight could have gone either way. It was a close fight. I got really tired of Dirrell's flopping and holding. I thought he flat out quit against Abraham. Abraham was timing him and started coming on late. the punch that he got hit with while on his knees didn't look that hard. I know, I know it was in the back of his head. Looked like a delayed reaction from him. I think fighters are now told to take a dive if you get hit in the back of the head. It seems like that is becoming more and more common. Didn't it just happen recently twice on HBO. the ref refused to stop the fight in one fight and didn't Arce or somebody just quit in his fight because of this same shit. Dirrell quit at a good time gainst Abraham. I was a fan until those 2 fights.

ppl don't think punches like that hurt. u see montell griffin against jones.....everybody and their momma thought he faked that. u are mentioning the fight against abraham....and the arce fight. i can recall the soto fight against the dominican kid. not sure u realize it or not...but ur central nervous system stem is located at the base of ur skull. that is a very dangerous punch to take. i see refs give warning for those kinds of punches but never really do much about them. i believe that shot should be taken much more seriously than any other penalty. it's a shot that can kill u. it's a blatant foul. if u don't believe me...go back and watch nigel benn/gerald mcclellan. benn was allowed to land that punch all night. we all saw what happened gman.

i get what ur saying about dirrell's flopping....but to be honest....even with all the ugly flopping....froch was not able to do anything noteworthy. and as for AA's shot while dirrell was down....this isn't mma and i believe he did that out of frustration...much the same way roy did against montell. it's bullshit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.