Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Change in tone
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
I don't know what 2 call it fear, respect, honesty, late puberty or something, but whatever it is, the tone in Sergio Martinez voice changed QUICK! His confidence is not where it was couple months back. Went from I'm gonna easily expose this kid to he's a man now, it's gonna be a hard fight.

I'M JUS SAYIN

My prediction late round tko for Chavez. I see a exciting first 3 rounds, with Chavez confused with Martinez style. About mid to late rounds Sergio will try to box n keep pressure off but he'll gas out and Chavez takes over the fight completely.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 4 2012, 04:31 AM) *
I don't know what 2 call it fear, respect, honesty, late puberty or something, but whatever it is, the tone in Sergio Martinez voice changed QUICK! His confidence is not where it was couple months back. Went from I'm gonna easily expose this kid to he's a man now, it's gonna be a hard fight.

I'M JUS SAYIN

My prediction late round tko for Chavez. I see a exciting first 3 rounds, with Chavez confused with Martinez style. About mid to late rounds Sergio will try to box n keep pressure off but he'll gas out and Chavez takes over the fight completely.

Did you see Chavez last fight? He fought in an 18' ring or something like that. Martinez has been begging for a fight for years and I wouldnt be surprized if Chavez got the smaller ring again. You put Martinez in that small ass ring and Martinez looks vunarable. Its not like Serg throws alot of punches. He has no right hand at all. Hes a pitty pat jabber straight left behind it fighter. A pot shotter with no body punching what so ever. His best attribute is his movement. You take that away and hes average at best.
Thickback
Chavez and his poeple will request a 12' ring for this one. Martinez has some pop but he will need his movement for this fight. I dont think Martinez will gas because he has always had good stamina from what I remember. This fight will look similar to Martinez vs Pavlik but with a BIGGER fighter in front of Martinez. If the fight is in Texas, Chavez takes it. He's gonna outweigh Martinez by at least 10 pounds. Chavez' one set back will be how the weight cut affects him.
Cshel86
Speaking of change in tone, I wonder which one of these guys will be nuthugged the most by HBO commentators. If anything, that sparks my interest the most when it comes to this fight.
daprofessor
they haven't really nuthugged sergio at all. i think it's safe to say they have to pull for arums boy. i'm taking jr. in this one. martinez is going to have margarito flashbacks.
pacco_diablo
I'm so not sold on Chavez Jr. What I'm about to say isnt fair and I don't know why I feel this way, particularly about JCC. I hate the fact that he doesnt speak English. I dont know why this bothers me so much about him. It's the American pig in me I guess. I don't feel this way about all the other non-english speaking fighters. I also feel like Jr. has been spoon fed his entire career. Again, I don't know why. In reality he's been in the ring with fairly decent competition over the last few years. I do give him credit for taking this fight with Sergio. Too bad for him though because he's going to finally be exposed. I see him eating uppercuts all night long.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 5 2012, 03:30 PM) *
I'm so not sold on Chavez Jr. What I'm about to say isnt fair and I don't know why I feel this way, particularly about JCC. I hate the fact that he doesnt speak English. I dont know why this bothers me so much about him. It's the American pig in me I guess. I don't feel this way about all the other non-english speaking fighters. I also feel like Jr. has been spoon fed his entire career. Again, I don't know why. In reality he's been in the ring with fairly decent competition over the last few years. I do give him credit for taking this fight with Sergio. Too bad for him though because he's going to finally be exposed. I see him eating uppercuts all night long.

martinez doesn't speak english either. laugh.gif

the thing ppl forget about jr is that he didn't really have an amateur career. he has been growing and developing right in front of our eyes. i've always thought he could fight...and had plenty of fight in him. he just needed to develop his skills. he's come into his own and has added some decent/respectable tools to his arsenal. he's big/strong and can take and give a punch. i think martinez is going to have a rough night if he doesn't stop jr early. i think chavez takes this down the stretch. this may even be a foty candidate.
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 5 2012, 03:35 PM) *
martinez doesn't speak english either. laugh.gif

the thing ppl forget about jr is that he didn't really have an amateur career. he has been growing and developing right in front of our eyes.

That's well said. I guess it's the whole Daddy's shadow thing that truly rubs me the wrong way. I'm a die hard NY Giants fan and it took until last season for me to finally come around to Eli Manning. I do hope to see a "breakout" performance from Jr. It's highly unlikely this will be a boring tactical fight. It has bang bang written all over it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 5 2012, 04:02 PM) *
That's well said. I guess it's the whole Daddy's shadow thing that truly rubs me the wrong way. I'm a die hard NY Giants fan and it took until last season for me to finally come around to Eli Manning. I do hope to see a "breakout" performance from Jr. It's highly unlikely this will be a boring tactical fight. It has bang bang written all over it.

eli manning is the man!!! laugh.gif underrated and i believe he has/had better 4th quarter numbers than anyone in the league last year.
checkleft
Bob probably started working his magic in negotiations with leverage behind taking the fight away and the terms have probably got serg worried. Or he's being himself and tryin to give credit to his opponent so if he wins he looks good. Martinez is always really polite though its weird, he's the only guy I always hear say "gu luck" when he touches gloves before every fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.