Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DO YOU AGREE WITH MRS. DONAIRE??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
http://www.examiner.com/article/everybody-...on-drug-testing

I do agree with year round testing, this sport has exposed too many cheaters as of late and for every one of them that gets caught they are numerous others who are probably getting away with it.

I believe that year round testing will put an end to this doping nonsense and will stifle all the talk of Fighter A being afraid of Fighter B simply because he (Fighter A) is asking for Fighter B's blood and urine to be checked.

Fair is fair and no fighter should be allowed to step into the ring after gaining an illegal and unfair advantage.

Kudos to Mrs. Donaire.

Your thoughts???
mgrover
theres still plenty of ways to duck.
bnoles4life
Nothing will change until the FIGHTERS want things to change. Ever wonder why only a handful of fighters are on the "record" for wanting more stringent testing, but even fewer actually exercise that belief?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 09:45 AM) *

I do agree with year round testing, this sport has exposed too many cheaters as of late and for every one of them that gets caught they are numerous others who are probably getting away with it.

I believe that year round testing will put an end to this doping nonsense and will stifle all the talk of Fighter A being afraid of Fighter B simply because he (Fighter A) is asking for Fighter B's blood and urine to be checked.

Fair is fair and no fighter should be allowed to step into the ring after gaining an illegal and unfair advantage.

Kudos to Mrs. Donaire.

Your thoughts???

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 5 2012, 12:12 PM) *
theres still plenty of ways to duck.

That's a very childish opinion based on all the cheating that's being uncovered recently. I know you're trying to imply that someone would use that as a reason to duck but if it is mandated by the Boxing Commissions/Alphabet Organizations then it will not be looked at as an excuse for anyone.

Only Cheaters have a problem with being tested and avoid testing at all costs because they know that they're dirty and have something to hide, plus they also must know that without the advantages that doping provides that they'd lose fair and square.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 08:23 PM) *
That's a very childish opinion based on all the cheating that's being uncovered recently. I know you're trying to imply that someone would use that as a reason to duck but if it is mandated by the Boxing Commissions/Alphabet Organizations then it will not be looked at as an excuse for anyone.

Only Cheaters have a problem with being tested and avoid testing at all costs because they know that they're dirty and have something to hide, plus they also must know that without the advantages that doping provides that they'd lose fair and square.

no i mean if it isn't drug testing its the venue, if its not the venue, its the promoters, if its not the promoters, its that they dont sell tickets, if they dont sell tickets, then its because there too high in weight, if there not too high or low in weight actually, its that there boring etc etc etc just so many fucking excuses ive heard
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 10:45 AM) *

Kudos to Mrs. Donaire.

Your thoughts???

I'm fine with it.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 5 2012, 05:44 PM) *
no i mean if it isn't drug testing its the venue, if its not the venue, its the promoters, if its not the promoters, its that they dont sell tickets, if they dont sell tickets, then its because there too high in weight, if there not too high or low in weight actually, its that there boring etc etc etc just so many fucking excuses ive heard

Given the references you have made and your Avatar I can only ASSume that you are trying to point a finger at Floyd but even if I'm spot on then I'd say that you are well mis-informed on that reference given the fact that everyone can now clearly see that the reason this fight hasn't happened is because of Arum and not Floyd or Pac.

I can't see why anyone (well, anyone who isn't a Cheat and a Liar) would have a problem with year round testing, unless he/she has something to hide.
Franchize
I think it's a good idea. I don't like modern day way of thinking about solving problems. This is almost like the Republican stances vs Obama. We don't like your idea as a whole because it doesn't completely fix the problem. We so what, it helps fix it. Will it eliminate steroid use completely? Probably not. Will fighters find a way around it? Probably so. But you know what, it means they will have to try even harder and go out of their way. It means they're a stronger chance of them being caught and it also means we're making strides to clean up the sport without those wo support this being made out to be cowards. Somehow, boxing became a sport where you have to shut up and deal with being cheated... unless you're Manny Pacquiao....then and only then is there a huge public outcry. Do whatever it takes to get it right. Instant Replay doesn't make the official fool proof in other sports but it does make them more accurate. Let's make progress!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 6 2012, 08:23 AM) *
I think it's a good idea. I don't like modern day way of thinking about solving problems. This is almost like the Republican stances vs Obama. We don't like your idea as a whole because it doesn't completely fix the problem. We so what, it helps fix it. Will it eliminate steroid use completely? Probably not. Will fighters find a way around it? Probably so. But you know what, it means they will have to try even harder and go out of their way. It means they're a stronger chance of them being caught and it also means we're making strides to clean up the sport without those wo support this being made out to be cowards. Somehow, boxing became a sport where you have to shut up and deal with being cheated... unless you're Manny Pacquiao....then and only then is there a huge public outcry. Do whatever it takes to get it right. Instant Replay doesn't make the official fool proof in other sports but it does make them more accurate. Let's make progress!

I couldn't agree more with this; some folks want to keep boxing in the stone age and we can't do that with this sport and the dangers it presents.

Boxing is the only non-sanctioned sport that has no insurance for its' fighters, terrible rules, archaic testing for the new designer drugs and slap on the wrist type of punishments for those who are caught cheating. The UFC sets a great presidence when someone comes up positive on testing, I'm not sure why boxing can't or won't seem to follow suit, especially when got fighters loading gloves and taking all types of performance enhancing drugs and whatnot.

This sport needs a major overhaul, bringing instant replay into the scoring on tight rounds for the judges to review may not even hurt either, they do it in almost every sport, why not this one where it is even harder to see if a punch lands or not given the speed, angles punches are thrown or even the position the fighters or judges are in when throwing the punches or seeing them being thrown.

It's time for Boxing to grow up and Mrs. Donaire is helping to ensure that her part is being done.
Cshel86
I just like looking at her! Interview her more, please.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 6 2012, 01:51 PM) *
I just like looking at her! Interview her more, please.

She is hot though!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 6 2012, 04:32 PM) *
She is hot though!!

Ha! Looks like she can be a bitch sometimes, but hey, Nonito said "I do", so I'll enjoy the luxury of looking at her in the meantime.

I agree though, all of these guys should be tested year round, no excuses. The guys who are on something, will make it seem like the whole testing thing is "too much of a hassle" and so forth. Test 'em all!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 6 2012, 09:23 AM) *

Definitely man. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.