Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAS B-HOP RIGHT???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KEBf7f_G2M

You be the judge!!

Personally, I think it is too early to say that he has trouble with African American fighters. We would need to see him face other AA fighters before a stamp can be placed on this.

What are your thoughts??
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 11:06 AM) *

You be the judge!!

Personally, I think it is too early to say that he has trouble with African American fighters. We would need to see him face other AA fighters before a stamp can be placed on this.

What are your thoughts??

Man, that is so not a cool comment by Hop. It suggests that race itself is an advantage and that simply CAN NOT be said. I'm black, mostly at least, and like he admitted in the statement, he was indeed being biased and somewhat "hitler"esk."
mgrover
so why did he struggle with Marquez. To put it bluntly is just bullshit by Hopkins, plain and simple.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 11:06 AM) *

You be the judge!!

What are your thoughts??

i said this waaaay before bhop in that old forum we used to belong to and was attacked venemously. laugh.gif yes...he was right.
bnoles4life
If we're gonna assert this is true, then will we next confirm the validity in the Bell Curve?
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 5 2012, 02:48 PM) *
If we're gonna assert this is true, then will we next confirm the validity in the Bell Curve?

did i speak to soon? not sure what he said in the video because i didn't watch it...but from what i can recall...it was something about not being able to beat a slick black fighter. john david jackson said something similar.

i wouldn't classify any of the fighters he has beaten as a slick black fighter.

bradley has done a good job of being slick...but i can't classify his as slick either.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 5 2012, 12:18 PM) *
i said this waaaay before bhop in that old forum we used to belong to and was attacked venemously. laugh.gif yes...he was right.

I see you left those huggerz where they belong huh? Murad Muhammad mentioned something to the extent of keeping Pac away from AA fighters but I can't recall everything that was said about it. I don't agree with Hops, he's only faced one AA fighter (No, Clottey isn't African American neither is Ledwaba) but Manny has faced a boatload of Mexicanos and has seemingly only struggled with one.

We'll have to wait to see if Manny finally mans up and faces Floyd or rematches Bradley (which is clearly avoiding/DUCKING).
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 03:28 PM) *
I see you left those huggerz where they belong huh? Murad Muhammad mentioned something to the extent of keeping Pac away from AA fighters but I can't recall everything that was said about it. I don't agree with Hops, he's only faced one AA fighter (No, Clottey isn't African American neither is Ledwaba) but Manny has faced a boatload of Mexicanos and has seemingly only struggled with one.

We'll have to wait to see if Manny finally mans up and faces Floyd or rematches Bradley (which is clearly avoiding/DUCKING).

pac has definitely made his name fighting guys with limited slickness. he's run out of options at this point. jmm, bradley, cotto and floyd all beat him.
BoxingStill#1
Comming from the same guy who says " I never let a white boy beat me"....

Then lost to a white boy...

B-Hop is my favorite fighter, but some of the things he says is pretty funny to say the least.. i will take the time to watch the video here in a while, but racial based commentary is to be expected from him at this point...

You dont have to be black to be a slick fighter btw folks
checkleft
Yes its true but I believe it was his old manager or promoter who pointed it out and admitted keeping manny away from slick fighters.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 5 2012, 06:26 PM) *

B-Hop is my favorite fighter, but some of the things he says is pretty funny to say the least.. i will take the time to watch the video here in a while, but racial based commentary is to be expected from him at this point...

there aren't very many white/asian/other slick fighters that u can point to....

The Original MrFactor
I think he has a problem with counterpunchers. Nothing more, nothing less. I domt really see a particular race having prticular style of boxing. It may be more based on the region you start off in. Philly has a notorious reputation for a particular style. Europe has had its share of styles as well. I also see styles that are similar in guys from Africa, like Clottey, Quartey and Agbeko. Cats from Argentina also have some of the same stylistic tendencies. Mexican Fighters are very similar. Puerto ricans have a style all they own too. i think its region and not race based.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 5 2012, 08:32 PM) *

Paulie Maliggnagi, Nobuhiro Ishida.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 5 2012, 09:35 PM) *

Idk about your picks bro Haha
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 5 2012, 05:26 PM) *

I agree with that comment in bold

I think Pac does have a hard time with counterpunchers, guys like Hatton, Margo, Clottey, Diaz, Morales are all tailormade for him because they are or tend to be fighters that come straight-forward, no angles, are not good counterpunchers and have that brawling tendency that favors Manny's come forward brawling style and due to his speed/quickness and SP stance he'll always get the better of fighters that fight him in this manner.

Guys like Marquez and Mayweather will always be able to find holes in Pac's style and pick him apart but make no bones about it skin color has nothing to do with it at all.
Extant
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 5 2012, 08:06 AM) *

You be the judge!!

What are your thoughts??

Chris Tucker Voice: "Why you bringin up old sh!t!..."
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 5 2012, 10:35 PM) *

they're slick compared to most whites and asians...but on the overall slickness scale....not very slick.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 5 2012, 08:32 PM) *

None notable,......

But to name a couple that could compare: Martinez, Mora, Pauly,..

We can make an aruguement for Donair...

But ur right,.. there arent many I can point to that nobody would know
pacco_diablo
How is the term "slick" being used? Are we talking about shoulder roll defense like Mayweather, James Toney, or Ali? Are you talking about an effective counter puncher like RJJ that "slickly" popped shots?

One white fighter (who I never liked) but could be considered "slick" was Joe Calzage. He wasnt completely a straight ahead (Kelly Pavlik) technical fighter. He was often very slick with his slaps. I consider it slick because he threw many shots that were never seen and he could move his head a bit.
Cshel86
Take me seriously, but not entirely serious...black people (and Im black) ALWAYS have to be cool and make shit look cool, no matter what the situation is. Think about it...
Thebruntje
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 5 2012, 11:26 PM) *

B-Hop was bit rude sometimes but he always backed it up! The truth is: he never lost to a white boy! He got robbed against a white boy!
We all know he got robbed against calzague!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Jul 7 2012, 06:23 AM) *
B-Hop was bit rude sometimes but he always backed it up! The truth is: he never lost to a white boy! He got robbed against a white boy!
We all know he got robbed against calzague!

Let me know if the following statement makes any sense to you:

B-hop is a better fighter in many ways than Calzaghe..

But was outworked in a ugly fight...he didnt do enough to break his will

And its more than a "look" that makes a slick fighter.. By definition I would say a slick fighter who is one who hits without bring hit?

Bradley isnt a slick fighter,.. Marquez isnt,.. Morralas isnt,... so how can we even compare?

Imo, Pac is all wrong for slick fighters... WHICH IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE WANT TO SEE HIM AND MAYWEATHER!!...

Im white, I fight at cruiserweight,.. Ive been described as a slick fighter.. I think B-hops statement was bogus..

And yes Cshell, I look cool as shit also.. lmWao!!!!

checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 7 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Let me know if the following statement makes any sense to you:

B-hop is a better fighter in many ways than Calzaghe..

But was outworked in a ugly fight...he didnt do enough to break his will

And its more than a "look" that makes a slick fighter.. By definition I would say a slick fighter who is one who hits without bring hit?

Bradley isnt a slick fighter,.. Marquez isnt,.. Morralas isnt,... so how can we even compare?

Imo, Pac is all wrong for slick fighters... WHICH IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE WANT TO SEE HIM AND MAYWEATHER!!...

Im white, I fight at cruiserweight,.. Ive been described as a slick fighter.. I think B-hops statement was bogus..

If that's you in the picture you do not look like a cruiserweight no disrespect intended lol
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 7 2012, 09:20 PM) *
If that's you in the picture you do not look like a cruiserweight no disrespect intended lol

Not me...lol

Thats pro Dusty Harrison...

Who btw is a welterweight...a "slick" white fighter..lls
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 7 2012, 04:19 PM) *

Hahahaha!!! Im sure you are! I just posted that earlier, because black people ALWAYS find a way to make some shit look cool or easy. That ranges from the ring to an Easter egg hunt...I've seen it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:00 AM) *
Thats pro Dusty Harrison...

Who btw is a welterweight...a "slick" white fighter..lls

I've seen a few of his fights! Thanks to you!
pesticid
When I think of slick fighters for some reasons, Cory Spinks comes to mind and he's known for being slick and getting run over lol.
Bute is slick. Same thing - he is fragile. Slick fighters have this inherent fragility that's the main reason they become slick. But then one may interpret slick in many different ways. I think the best fighter in the game right now though is slick lol and that's Rigo but I don't see that fragility in him like I see it in Spinks and Bute. I mean he was raised in Cuba and there is no harder competition in boxing than there. Dawson may be classified as slick but I think he gets hit too much for this category. Ward, he's just clinching and headbutting so no slickness points there. Ivan Calderon was slick, once again though, very fragile. Slick fighters safe for Rigo like to avoid punches, backpedal and look slick for the sake of not getting clocked. Floyd and Rigo are slick but they don't fall in that general criteria cause they don't really try to run away from incoming fire. They just doge that chit and hurt you.

So after much thought the slickest toughest fighters to beat in the game right now are Rigo, Floyd and Vitaly.

Nobody lands on Vitaly, they don't even come close, he wins all rounds and he punishes over 90 % of them into submission. He is the tallest slick fighter in the history of boxing. Wlad is fragile but not slick rather Ward clinching type but then Ward is not fragile. Slick this slick that is such a mess of a discussion.
pesticid
Oh I forgot, Devon Alexandre is not slick, he just runs and clinches so he doesn't get hit. Bhop chooses who he can be slick with and who he cannot be slick with. Against Jermaine he tried to be slick and backfired but if he would've thrown more he would've gotten tagged more. Against Pavlik and Tarver he got offensive and great results. Now against Zaghe he tried to be slick aka headbutts, holding, running, faking low blows and it backfired. Imagine he traded with Zaghe, his face would've looked like a field of tulips. Paulie is not slick at all, watch the Hatton fight. Hatton run him over from the get go outboxing Paulie and punishing him hard. Paulie's got chin though unlike Bute and Spinks, probably more heart too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Jul 8 2012, 09:09 AM) *
When I think of slick fighters for some reasons, Cory Spinks comes to mind and he's known for being slick and getting run over lol.
Bute is slick. Same thing - he is fragile. Slick fighters have this inherent fragility that's the main reason they become slick. But then one may interpret slick in many different ways. I think the best fighter in the game right now though is slick lol and that's Rigo but I don't see that fragility in him like I see it in Spinks and Bute. I mean he was raised in Cuba and there is no harder competition in boxing than there. Dawson may be classified as slick but I think he gets hit too much for this category. Ward, he's just clinching and headbutting so no slickness points there. Ivan Calderon was slick, once again though, very fragile. Slick fighters safe for Rigo like to avoid punches, backpedal and look slick for the sake of not getting clocked. Floyd and Rigo are slick but they don't fall in that general criteria cause they don't really try to run away from incoming fire. They just doge that chit and hurt you.

So after much thought the slickest toughest fighters to beat in the game right now are Rigo, Floyd and Vitaly.

Nobody lands on Vitaly, they don't even come close, he wins all rounds and he punishes over 90 % of them into submission. He is the tallest slick fighter in the history of boxing. Wlad is fragile but not slick rather Ward clinching type but then Ward is not fragile. Slick this slick that is such a mess of a discussion.

I agree with your point about fighters being slick because they are somewhat fragile. Im still lost on the fact that you would rank Vitali over Ward in the "slickness" department. That's when "slick this, slick that, becomes a mess of a discussion". Besides, he did get outworked by Byrd and his face got ripped to shreds by Lewis, but nobody comes close to landing on him, right? Ward can take a punch and give it back. He's is a bigger version of the current Mayweather, hands down. The Klitz bros. could be considered slick because of their movement at that size, but that's about it.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:47 PM) *
I agree with your point about fighters being slick because they are somewhat fragile. Im still lost on the fact that you would rank Vitali over Ward in the "slickness" department. That's when "slick this, slick that, becomes a mess of a discussion". Besides, he did get outworked by Byrd and his face got ripped to shreds by Lewis, but nobody comes close to landing on him, right? Ward can take a punch and give it back. He's is a bigger version of the current Mayweather, hands down. The Klitz bros. could be considered slick because of their movement at that size, but that's about it.

True, Vitaly did get his face shredded by Lennox and it was kind of a crazy punch because he was slipping the right hand Lewis threw and the left side of the right glove caused the cut, so he didn't slip all the way. He was still winning on the scorecards. But even then, he got his face shredded by arguably the to 5 heavyweight of all time and he quit cause of a shoulder injury. Not many other fights you would see Vitaly in such predicament. He is by far the only fighter to never trail on a scorecard and to land probably at 50% of his punches while not getting touched. That's slick and it is size based no question there but it is what it is.

As far as Ward I can't really give it to him cause he is a dirty fighter, I see the slick maneuvering and the shifty footwork just like I see it with Bhop but in my opinion these two are the dirtiest fighter. I'll give Toney more slickness in his prime cause Toney never fought dirty.

You can even make a case about Sergio being slick but I'll stick to my guns as far as the slickest fighters out there - Rigo, Floyd and Vitaly

and the criteria is this: they land at will, they barely get touched, they don't fight dirty and they dominate.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 6 2012, 06:35 PM) *
How is the term "slick" being used? Are we talking about shoulder roll defense like Mayweather, James Toney, or Ali? Are you talking about an effective counter puncher like RJJ that "slickly" popped shots?

One white fighter (who I never liked) but could be considered "slick" was Joe Calzage. He wasnt completely a straight ahead (Kelly Pavlik) technical fighter. He was often very slick with his slaps. I consider it slick because he threw many shots that were never seen and he could move his head a bit.

when i think slick...i'm thinking shoulder rolling...counterpunching....great reflexes...the whole nine. joecal definitely had some elements of slickness.
pacco_diablo
Here's another one for ya...

and this is about as "slick" as they come...

Prince Naseem Hamed. Technically i guess he isnt white, but he's not black, hispanic, or asian either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.