Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pavlik/rosinsky
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i like rosinsky's chances. i think this guy has a very good shot at beating kelly. i've not seen much of pavlik since his return...and to be honest...i've not seen much of rosinsky either. i saw his fight against rodriguez and i thought he was jobbed in that one. that fight made me an instant fan. this dude can box and he clearly won that fight imo. how they had that a unanimous decision for rodriguez is beyond me. rosinsky seems to think that the fight being televised on hbo is a good thing because the world will see...and hbo won't be quiet if it happens. i totally disagree with that. i thought cory spinks beat jermain taylor clearly and all hbo did was shit on cory. i thought winky also beat jermain taylor...and it was pretty much the same situation there. hbo has no shame. kelly pavlik has always been 'their guy' so i can't really see will getting a fair shake. he's going to have to bust pavlik up to get the win. i hope he can do it.
checkleft
Idk about cory but I though Winky did win. Pavlic is taking fights left and right I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a kirkland and got stopped for over training
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 5 2012, 08:00 PM) *
i like rosinsky's chances. i think this guy has a very good shot at beating kelly. i've not seen much of pavlik since his return...and to be honest...i've not seen much of rosinsky either. i saw his fight against rodriguez and i thought he was jobbed in that one. that fight made me an instant fan. this dude can box and he clearly won that fight imo. how they had that a unanimous decision for rodriguez is beyond me. rosinsky seems to think that the fight being televised on hbo is a good thing because the world will see...and hbo won't be quiet if it happens. i totally disagree with that. i thought cory spinks beat jermain taylor clearly and all hbo did was shit on cory. i thought winky also beat jermain taylor...and it was pretty much the same situation there. hbo has no shame. kelly pavlik has always been 'their guy' so i can't really see will getting a fair shake. he's going to have to bust pavlik up to get the win. i hope he can do it.

More than his chances, I like his confidence! He's so sure that KP is tailormade for him and I think he might be right. IMO, KP hasn't really learned many things about defense, angles and counterpunching and he is going to need them if he wants to stay in this game and fight at the higher levels.

They've been matching Pavlik with bums since his return and I really don't see any improvements from his previous fights.

I'm going with Rosinsky by UD
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 6 2012, 09:28 AM) *
More than his chances, I like his confidence! He's so sure that KP is tailormade for him and I think he might be right. IMO, KP hasn't really learned many things about defense, angles and counterpunching and he is going to need them if he wants to stay in this game and fight at the higher levels.

They've been matching Pavlik with bums since his return and I really don't see any improvements from his previous fights.

I'm going with Rosinsky by UD

i remember his last fight with jack loew....against the undefeated kid from texas. i saw a lot of good things in that fight. he was defending and countering well...i can't see roberto garcia adding any defense to what he does. he may become a bit more aggressive and he seems to like the hook to the body.

as for rosinsky....reading his interview...he knows exactly what needs to be done and he has the skills to do it. i like that kid. i thought he beat rodriguez...they need to rematch if he can pull off this upset against pavlik.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 6 2012, 01:40 PM) *
i remember his last fight with jack loew....against the undefeated kid from texas. i saw a lot of good things in that fight. he was defending and countering well...i can't see roberto garcia adding any defense to what he does. he may become a bit more aggressive and he seems to like the hook to the body.

as for rosinsky....reading his interview...he knows exactly what needs to be done and he has the skills to do it. i like that kid. i thought he beat rodriguez...they need to rematch if he can pull off this upset against pavlik.

Yes, I did notice that he seemed somewhat improved but i just wonder if he can remember to do those things against A level competition in the heat of battle.

It remains to be seen what KP we will see when he finally steps it up.
daprofessor
i scored the fight even with the knockdown being the difference. there was a definite power difference. pavlik's hook to the body seemed to move rosinsky. i thought will did a lot of good things but overall needed to work a little more. not sure why he chose to keep it on the outside and back away so much because he was clearly getting the better of pavlik in close quarters. i think the knockdown made him a little cautious....but he held his own. pavlik still can't cut off a ring....and still needs to work on his defense. he was eating that right hand all night. garcia has improved his defense....but he just fights like a bigger/sharper margarito.
pesticid
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2012, 08:25 PM) *
i scored the fight even with the knockdown being the difference. there was a definite power difference. pavlik's hook to the body seemed to move rosinsky. i thought will did a lot of good things but overall needed to work a little more. not sure why he chose to keep it on the outside and back away so much because he was clearly getting the better of pavlik in close quarters. i think the knockdown made him a little cautious....but he held his own. pavlik still can't cut off a ring....and still needs to work on his defense. he was eating that right hand all night. garcia has improved his defense....but he just fights like a bigger/sharper margarito.

I've said in the past I don;t like Garcia, I think he is a snake, how he allowed Margarito to keep on going after Pacman destroyed his eye I have no idea. He acts like a nice guy but he isn't. Also, Lowe got Pavlik to the highest point of the ladder and same with pat burns and jermaine taylor only to change for better trainers and plummet. I hope Pavlik goes up, Rosinsky is good so it's not like he embarrassed himself
daprofessor
QUOTE (pesticid @ Jul 8 2012, 08:29 PM) *
I've said in the past I don;t like Garcia, I think he is a snake, how he allowed Margarito to keep on going after Pacman destroyed his eye I have no idea. He acts like a nice guy but he isn't. Also, Lowe got Pavlik to the highest point of the ladder and same with pat burns and jermaine taylor only to change for better trainers and plummet. I hope Pavlik goes up, Rosinsky is good so it's not like he embarrassed himself

i agree...but hbo(kellerman) painted him inexperienced....and "he came to the sport late...blah,blah,blah..." he has more skills than kelly and was landing the waaay more cleaner shots throughout.
Franchize
Queens in the building!!! lol Yea I'm not sure Rosinky made me a believeer but he officially made me a non-believer once and for all of Kelly Pavlik. I always thought Pavlik was a bit overrated and that fight just confirmed it. He made Kelly miss a lot and Kelly didn't do the same. PAvlik had more punching power which ultimately set the tone of the fight but he didn't win in the convincing fashion a fighter of his magnitude is supposed to win considering the relative anonymity of his opponent. Rosinsky handled himself very well in there. Unlike Jossesito Lopez though, can't say I'm eager to watch him again just yet.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 9 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Queens in the building!!! lol Yea I'm not sure Rosinky made me a believeer but he officially made me a non-believer once and for all of Kelly Pavlik. I always thought Pavlik was a bit overrated and that fight just confirmed it. He made Kelly miss a lot and Kelly didn't do the same. PAvlik had more punching power which ultimately set the tone of the fight but he didn't win in the convincing fashion a fighter of his magnitude is supposed to win considering the relative anonymity of his opponent. Rosinsky handled himself very well in there. Unlike Jossesito Lopez though, can't say I'm eager to watch him again just yet.

I actually thought that it was a decent showing by Pavlik. I was never his no. 1 fan, but he's still a credible name in the division. At the very least he can be a decent gatekeeper for some of the more popular younger names at 168/160. TR should make an in house Pavlik/Chavez Jr. event after Chavez Jr. loses to Martinez.
Cshel86
Kettle One Pavlik has seen his best days in the ring. No need to keep going the distance with these city employees. Yet, if he gets in there with one of these guys that have been active and gets beat, then that sets him back further. Tight situation for Mr. Pavlik...
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 9 2012, 03:41 PM) *
I actually thought that it was a decent showing by Pavlik. I was never his no. 1 fan, but he's still a credible name in the division. At the very least he can be a decent gatekeeper for some of the more popular younger names at 168/160. TR should make an in house Pavlik/Chavez Jr. event after Chavez Jr. loses to Martinez.

You would wanna see that bullshit? lol I don't like Chavez but I think he would pummel Pavlik.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Kettle One Pavlik has seen his best days in the ring. No need to keep going the distance with these city employees. Yet, if he gets in there with one of these guys that have been active and gets beat, then that sets him back further. Tight situation for Mr. Pavlik...

kettle one kelly! laugh.gif
Cshel86
I wonder where his career would've gone, had Smoger not been the ref in the first fight...especially that 2nd round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.