Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Mathebula/Pavlik-Rosinsky (SPOILERS)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all the action and reaction to tonight's Jr. Featherweight Championship fight, PLUS the return of "The Ghost" Kelly Pavlik to HBO Boxing. Keep it all in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
User Fightscorecollector predicts the following:

"Donaire by late KO, lets see him against this guy with massive height and reach advantage."
Cshel86
This should be an easy night for Donaire, unless "Big Math" uses his jab and fights like the taller man. I believe they are selling Math's height advantage as a cover-up for Donaire fighting a less formidable opponent. Who knows what the night holds for Pavlik...
Cshel86
Damn it sucks to have a substance abuse problem, and be a good guy. You're almost looked at as defenseless and dependent. Hell, be a bad boy with your addictions...Charlie Sheen it, if you would.

How in the heck is Pavlik going to be recognized as a big name, when he keeps fighting these city employees? He only beat Miranda, Taylor (twice), and Rubio. He lost to Sergio and Hopkins...hasn't done much notable before the losses.
Cshel86
Gave the first to Rosinksy (sp). He moved a lot and landed a few good shots. Kelly countered him a few times, but Ro kept the pressure on him.

Doesn't Rosinsky look like Manfredo? laugh.gif
Cshel86
Big right hand from Pavlik sends Rosinksy to the deck in round 2. 2nd round goes to Pavlik.
Cheesey1
Rosinsky's got heart,but this is looking like Pavlik might get him out of there in the latter rounds.

Nice short left by Rosinsky caught Pavlik.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Rosinsky's got heart,but this is looking like Pavlik might get him out of there in the latter rounds.

Nice short left by Rosinsky caught Pavlik.

I dont know who to give the 3rd to, but Pavlik got the 4th. Pavlik's cut above both eyes no2.gif
Cshel86
Where's Kelly's jab? <crickets>

Kelly's checking his ass with that left hook when Rosinsky dives in, but again, no jab.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:27 PM) *
I dont know who to give the 3rd to, but Pavlik got the 4th. Pavlik's cut above both eyes no2.gif

Hopefully it isn't stopped because of the cuts. Pavlik's having success with the left in this round. Rosinksy had a few nice combos at the beginning of the round. I missed the first round, but overall Pavlik's bossing this one.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Where's Kelly's jab? <crickets>

Kelly's checking his ass with that left hook when Rosinsky dives in, but again, no jab.

Yeah, that left is definitely working. A nice jab would make his life so much easier.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Hopefully it isn't stopped because of the cuts. Pavlik's having success with the left in this round. Rosinksy had a few nice combos at the beginning of the round. I missed the first round, but overall Pavlik's bossing this one.

The fight appears to be close.

I like Rosinsky's girlfriend though. She's on it! "If it's anything close, they're going to give it to him. So fucked up." I like that from a female boxing fan!
The Original MrFactor
HAHAHAH!!! HBO is still doing damage control from Pac/Bradley. They announced that the judges score each round individually. At the end of the fight they dont just say, I think that guy won... Really?!?!

Sounds like this guy Mathebula has a decent pedigree. I think that Donaire may be in trouble tonite...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:35 PM) *
The fight appears to be close.

I like Rosinsky's girlfriend though. She's on it! "If it's anything close, they're going to give it to him. So fucked up." I like that from a female boxing fan!

She's cool. Loud, but cool.

It's close, but I think that so far, Pavlik's winning.
Cshel86
I dont know about you guys, call me a disgruntled boxing fan, but Im not impressed with Kettle One Pavlik.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I dont know about you guys, call me a disgruntled boxing fan, but Im not impressed with Kettle One Pavlik.

Agreed. He's allowing this c-fighter to keep pace with him. I think its a fairly close fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 7 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Agreed. He's allowing this c-fighter to keep pace with him. I think its a fairly close fight.

I concur. If he cant get a part-time boxer, who's a NY EMS out of there, then that's not a good look.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:44 PM) *

Pavlik is a meat and potatoes type of boxer, so for me, this is par for the course. He's on the downturn, but I think that he did enough to make me want to see him against one of the top 10 guys, or as a test for young super middleweights, like Anthony, or Andre Dirrell, James DeGale, George Groves etc. The Dirrells would probably beat him resoundingly though.
Cshel86
What's up with Nonito and this Charlie Brown outfit???
Cheesey1
Mathebula's got the reach advantage and doesn't seem to like the jab!?!
The Original MrFactor
Nonito is wearing the Game of Death colors. He's fighting his Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 7 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Nonito is wearing the Game of Death colors. He's fighting his Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Ha!! True indeed.
Cheesey1
He threw 47 jabs? What was I looking at?
Cshel86
Man HBO has jived us once again, smh...
Cheesey1
Mathebula's throwing jabs with more intent in this round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Man HBO has jived us once again, smh...

Much better 2nd round from Mathebula. Maybe it's a round each so far, or at least the second was a draw and Donaire took the first?

Donaire's trying to land an uppercut.

Nice left to the gut by Donaire.
Cheesey1
Mathebula's hands are kind of fast for such a lanky guy.
mrchitown
Pretty good shot by Nonito, I don't know why Mathebula isn't using his height advantage. And his footwork is horrible
Cshel86
Got dropped within the last 10 seconds (Mathebula). Im feeling jived over here guys...LOL!
Cshel86
Im tired of this stupid smirk on Math's face...
Cheesey1
Donaire's not afraid of Mathebula's power at all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:32 PM) *
Donaire's not afraid of Mathebula's power at all.

This is what I expect after he beats this guy. Mathebula is no where near world class, but the public will constantly yell that Nonito beat a "taller" guy and so forth.

A 24/7 for Ward/Dawson??? Let me guess...HBO is going to milk the success of Showtime's hard work by advertising Ward's Super 6 wins. Typical of HBO...opportunistic fuckers. LOL
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 7 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Pretty good shot by Nonito, I don't know why Mathebula isn't using his height advantage. And his footwork is horrible

Yeah. Donaire's landed some nice ones and missed some even nicer punches. If he connects with that left uppercut the same way that he connected with that left hook...

I thought that Mathebula improved his offence a lot from the second on. He started to use the jab a lot more. His footwork is kind of wacky though, but that seems to just be his style.

Mathebula's jabs are lacking conviction in this round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:35 PM) *
This is what I expect after he beats this guy. Mathebula is no where near world class, but the public will constantly yell that Nonito beat a "taller" guy and so forth.

A 24/7 for Ward/Dawson??? Let me guess...HBO is going to milk the success of Showtime's hard work by advertising Ward's Super 6 wins. Typical of HBO...opportunistic fuckers. LOL

Did I speak too soon? Donaire's got some swelling?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 7 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Yeah. Donaire's landed some nice ones and missed some even nicer punches. If he connects with that left uppercut the same way that he connected with that left hook...

I thought that Mathebula improved his offence a lot from the second on. He started to use the jab a lot more. His footwork is kind of wacky though, but that seems to just be his style.

Mathebula's jabs are lacking conviction in this round.

It could be just his style because he's actually not doing bad in this fight, his punch output is a bit low but he's game
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 7 2012, 11:42 PM) *
It could be just his style because he's actually not doing bad in this fight, his punch output is a bit low but he's game

Yup. Although I can understand why he'd be reluctant to do that with the speed of Donaire. More activity from Mathebula in the 9th
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Did I speak too soon? Donaire's got some swelling?

Ha! He's been in some fights lately, huh? HBO is moonlighting over the Montiel KO for some reason. Is Nick Duran Phillip's N'Dou's old trainer?
Cheesey1
The headhunting wasn't a good idea by Donaire.

Donaire ended up winning the 11th nicely when he stopped the headhunting.
Cshel86
Damn thats a lot of blood from his mouth!

Am I the only one that thinks Garcia has no use for Donaire between rounds? LOL
Cheesey1
The cards were a bit generous, but Donaire definitely won.
mrchitown
Solid win for Donaire. Mathebula was game, he fought well
Cshel86
What in the FUCK is up with these cards in favor of Donaire??? Sounds like Mathebula was just standing there taking punches with nothing in return. These judges I tell ya...
checkleft
They got the right guy winning but those scorecards were disrespectful. It was a very good close fight
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 8 2012, 12:04 AM) *
Solid win for Donaire. Mathebula was game, he fought well

They may have seen each round as close as you and I. Each close round could still have gone to Donaire. Flaws in scoring for this sport.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 8 2012, 03:29 PM) *
They may have seen each round as close as you and I. Each close round could still have gone to Donaire. Flaws in scoring for this sport.

You are absolutely correct. I was reading the ring mag and they had an article in there about that horrendous decision against RJJ back in 88. You can fasr forward to today and in the amateurs, the scoring is even worse then it is in the pros (arguably). The set criteria that fights are supposed to be judged on are clearly NOT being used. Those scorecards in thsi fight had the right boxer winning but the margin of victory for Donaire left me bewildered. There needs to be some kind of accountability that these judges can be held too
sduck
Donaire barely won. I wanna see Donaire vs Rigondeaux.... No excuses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.