Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brook next in line for IBF title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Kratza
Because of Brook's win over Carson Jones he's next in line against the IBF Welterweight title holder which is Randall Bailey. If the fight goes ahead between Bailey and Alexander I think we all know that outcome and we'll see Alexander vs Brook in early-mid 2013, what do you guys believe the outcome of this fight will be if it does happen?

For me its Brook by close decision
mgrover
bailey by KO
Cshel86
I would much rather Brook get a fight here in the states with a formidable opponent before the end of the year...maybe against the likes of...

(if possible):

1. Malignaggi - no way in the world he should get all uppity since he just won a title...he did JUST fight a foreign fighter.
2. Prescott (at 147)
3. Zaveck

All of these fights would create some type of U.S. appeal for Brook, so it wont seem like he's coming out of nowhere. Of the 3, I believe Paulie would take the challenge, and Zaveck would as well, but that fight should be the undercard of noticable WW fight.

A Pauile fight would make more sense, since he just wok the world up with his recent title fight. He's also in the running for an Alexander fight, so that makes perfect sense to throw Brook in that picture.

I dont think that HBO or Showtime would want to pick up a guy whose less known and be able to promote it as a decent card. On the other hand, Brook is waaaay to celebrated in the UK to just be "thrown" on U.S. television like that. Im sure his team would show him more respect and make sure that he gets some type of respect from U.S. networks.
ScottSmith
Brook needs another fight before he fights Bailey or Alexander!

Check out our UK blog, we have exclusive interview with Kell as he spoke about Bailey and also Kid Galahad gives his view on Brook and the possibility of a world title shot for Kell.

Eddie Hearn also speaks to FightHype UK to explain his views
checkleft
I think brook is pretty good. But Alexander gets a lot of gifts and lacks a lot of defence, he made up for it with clinching in the maidana fight but I mean maidana didn't look so great at 147. A real welterweight could give devon some real trouble, if the fight isn't in stl I would take brooks by close ud
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 8 2012, 05:02 PM) *
bailey by KO

But I agree here, I would not write Bailey off.
Cheesey1
Re. Brook/Alexander, let's see how Brook looks against the Argentinian guy that he's supposed to fight in the eliminator. The other names mentioned all sound decent. I think there are quite a few match-ups at 147 that would raise his profile and would be legit. competitions.

Re. Brook/Bailey, I didn't watch all of the Bailey/Mike Jones, but from the little that I saw, I don't think that Bailey will be able to withstand Brook's very good offence. Carson Jones is just some sort of insane, tough guy and he took the beating and kept on ticking. If Bailey's like that, then maybe, or if he can match Brook's speed, then yeah Bailey might beat Brook, but my very initial thoughts are that Brook wins.
checkleft
Regardig the bailey Alexander fight, Bailey is calling bullshit. He says he hasn't been given any contract or had any contact with the Alexander camp. He also says he would never agree to fight in stl
Franchize
They should have Brook fight Khan, Alexander fight Malinaggi and Ortiz fight Rios on one card. Call it bad blood. Two Winners fight each other and the other fights Bradley.

EX. Khan, Devon and Ortiz win

then

Ortiz and Devon fight and Khan fights Bradley.
ScottSmith
Hi Guys

I have produced my latest mailbag articles.

Topics include

1) Kell Brook still special?

2) Khan to KO Garcia?

3) Is Tyson Fury ready for Klitschko?

4) Is Froch's resume better than Calzaghe?

Check it out at http://uk.fighthype.com[/url]

Thanks

Scott Smith
Mailbag: Khan, Brook, Fury and Froch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.