Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Javier Fortuna vs Adrien Broner
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hittman25
The rate that both of them are going, they should build up a fan base and I could see them fighting in 1 or 2 years from now but sooner the better because both guys are in there prime and giving us fans some real great fights. Both are fighting at 130 right now it just makes sense I Think.
leonthegee
Its hard to say because both of them are still in the bum fighting stage of their carreer.
Cheesey1
I'd gladly watch this one, down the road. Between a year, or two sounds good. Obviously for Fortuna's sake, but yeah, I agree.
checkleft
I thought fortuna was at 126? I was thinkin him and Russell should get it on.. but adriens competition has been better and like I said before fortuna is still very wild. If he learns to settle down and use his range and speed more he will be very dangerous
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 9 2012, 03:21 PM) *
I thought fortuna was at 126? I was thinkin him and Russell should get it on.. but adriens competition has been better and like I said before fortuna is still very wild. If he learns to settle down and use his range and speed more he will be very dangerous

Nope, 'el Abejon' is campaigning at 130. The way that boxers move up in weight, Russell Jr. might move up. Although, I think that being as short as he seems to be, he should stay at 126 as long as possible.
Hittman25
they both are stepping up in competition. I think fortuna next fight should be a title fight thats the only type of comp i think can hang with at this point hes too powerful.
Cshel86
I like Fortuna, his power does him great favors. The only two times that I've seen him fight, he's fought two guys that swing for the fences. He was able to catch those guys in mid swing when they were throwing those elementary recess haymakers.

Let's see how he does with guys who are defensively conscious, and works behind a good jab. Fortuna fights at 126, so hopefully he stays there for a while or until there's no competition, then move up.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *
I like Fortuna, his power does him great favors. The only two times that I've seen him fight, he's fought two guys that swing for the fences. He was able to catch those guys in mid swing when they were throwing those elementary recess haymakers.

Let's see how he does with guys who are defensively conscious, and works behind a good jab. Fortuna fights at 126, so hopefully he stays there for a while or until there's no competition, then move up.

I thought he was fighting at 126. And good point, and that's probably why Russell should stay away from fortuna, because Russell has not shown that defensive conscience and has a tendency to swing for the fences. He also hasn't fought anyone with the apparent talent fortuna has.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *

CShel, Javier Fortuna weighed 129lbs against Cruz. He campaigns at 130, super featherweight/junior lightweight. Of course he could drop down to 126, but he's a super featherweight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 08:56 PM) *
I thought he was fighting at 126. And good point, and that's probably why Russell should stay away from fortuna, because Russell has not shown that defensive conscience and has a tendency to swing for the fences. He also hasn't fought anyone with the apparent talent fortuna has.

No, he's definitely at 130 (unless I'm wrong). He weighed 129 against Cruz. He's a super featherweight / junior lightweight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 14 2012, 01:24 PM) *
CShel, Javier Fortuna weighed 129lbs against Cruz. He campaigns at 130, super featherweight/junior lightweight. Of course he could drop down to 126, but he's a super featherweight.

You're right Cheesey. The FNF screenshot said "10 Rounds - Featherweights, but they showed their official weights...Cruz 128 lbs and Fortuna 129 lbs.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 02:10 PM) *
You're right Cheesey. The FNF screenshot said "10 Rounds - Featherweights, but they showed their official weights...Cruz 128 lbs and Fortuna 129 lbs.

Thanks.

Haye/Chisora in about two hours. I'm trying to watch some of the undercard, but I need to get out of my casket and hit the gym.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.