Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canelo or Khan?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
My biggest question is...who will become Golden Boy's biggest star, first? They promoting (and matching) Khan as this "fight anybody" type of fighter (which he has proven), and they're pushing Canelo's name, by matching him with somewhat over the hill fighters with bigger names (as Oscar did early in his career).

Who becomes the first breakout star for GBP? Is it Khan, who fights just about everybody, though he has a couple of losses? Remember guys, a "good" loss boosts your stock. Or will it be Canelo, the undefeated, fan-friendly Mexican with older (more known) names on his resume?
Franchize
I'm going to go with Canelo because Khan has been talking his way into fans' doghouses lately. He just wont STFU. I actually like him as a fighter but he's digging his own grave. If he somehow gets Bradley to fight him and beats him, I think he can gain some significant popularity.
daprofessor
i don't know khan is going to get past danny garcia. khan is very beatable. they seem to be babying canelo.
BoxingStill#1
Wait what country are we in? UK or Mexico?..

I think Canelo is the good guy and Khan can play a villan... that be the best route GB should take this..

Btw, Khan gets past Garcia who else would like to see Marquez beat the shit outta him?
BigFightFan
That's a tough one... Both men are big draws in their countries, so my guess would be whoever crosses over to the American public and continues to win. My choice is Canelo, I think he is a better boxer
leonthegee
Ill tell you who its not. It aint Lopez. I dont get it. Lopez can box, he can bang, he has heart, and hes bi-lingual. Marketable on both sides of the border. You give him Victor Ortiz' slot on GBP home freakin run. Yet GPB are using this dude like he some sacrifical lamb or something. Dude already sold out the Stapes. Hes a Cali Mexican you move him to the Home Depot Center thats an extra 10,000 seats. Cha Ching. What the hell am I doing working for a measly 135 grr when I could be making millions working for Golden Boy. I already handle the logistics for a co worth 20 mil. I can handle the logistics for a fight no sweat.
xxxxxx
I think whatever one that gets to fight Mayweather first will become the bigger star. Even in a loss to Mayweather they could become even bigger depending on how the fight played out. Or maybe GB wouldnt put the fighter that has the more star potential in against Mayweather, but then again if they feel like its a good time to beat Mayweather than they will put their biggest star potential in there. Could go either way...good question.
sduck
Canelo

oh and Khan should beat Danny Garcia for sure
BigFightFan
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 11 2012, 09:37 AM) *
I think whatever one that gets to fight Mayweather first will become the bigger star. Even in a loss to Mayweather they could become even bigger depending on how the fight played out. Or maybe GB wouldnt put the fighter that has the more star potential in against Mayweather, but then again if they feel like its a good time to beat Mayweather than they will put their biggest star potential in there. Could go either way...good question.

I agree whoever gets the May fight first. I can actually see Canelo beating Mayweather at 154. It all depends on when they fight
mgrover
both, i can imagine then both fighting each other somewhere down the line for the middleweight championship of the world.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 11 2012, 04:32 PM) *
both, i can imagine then both fighting each other somewhere down the line for the middleweight championship of the world.

Good stuff, I didn't even think about this being a future possibility. Khan is due for 147 any day now, and Canelo will more than likely be comfortable at MW when that time comes. With that said, whoever has the most star power or leverage at that time, will determine who comes up or down in weight for that fight to happen.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 11 2012, 09:38 PM) *
Good stuff, I didn't even think about this being a future possibility. Khan is due for 147 any day now, and Canelo will more than likely be comfortable at MW when that time comes. With that said, whoever has the most star power or leverage at that time, will determine who comes up or down in weight for that fight to happen.

ISimply think Khan will move up, mostly because I don't think Alvarez can move down, but this should bring more attraction to the light middleweight and middleweight divisions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.