Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: donaire claims that 3 out of 4 titles is undisputed..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i don't. undisputed means 4 out of 4. period.

i used to really like donaire and i had high hopes for him....but lately, he seems to be taking the path of least resistance. i don't know if that is arum...or both of them together. the guy has amazing skills...but has looked very ordinary lately. the guy he just beat....mathebula...i've never heard or seen this guy before and nothing about him was impressive at all. now he's talking about fighting arce and maybe the japanese guy and then moving up!? wtf!? there are great figths to be made at this weight!!! i understand that it's a business....and they want to make money....but at some point u have to take on quality opposition. say what u want about pac and his reign....but he did fight barerra, morales and marquez all more than once!!!! they didn't annoint this guy for nothing...he beat some credible opposition!!! step it up donaire!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 13 2012, 12:46 AM) *
i don't. undisputed means 4 out of 4. period.

i used to really like donaire and i had high hopes for him....but lately, he seems to be taking the path of least resistance. i don't know if that is arum...or both of them together. the guy has amazing skills...but has looked very ordinary lately. the guy he just beat....mathebula...i've never heard or seen this guy before and nothing about him was impressive at all. now he's talking about fighting arce and maybe the japanese guy and then moving up!? wtf!? there are great figths to be made at this weight!!! i understand that it's a business....and they want to make money....but at some point u have to take on quality opposition. say what u want about pac and his reign....but he did fight barerra, morales and marquez all more than once!!!! they didn't annoint this guy for nothing...he beat some credible opposition!!! step it up donaire!!!

Good stuff DP! I understand the business side of Donaire's (well Arum's) plans, but you're right, he does need one of those knockdown, drag out, fights in the division before he skates off. How he performs in that particular fight, well that's on him, but he DOES need at least one before he moves on.

I actually dont understand his frequent jumps in weight. At one point, he just didn't have any competition at those recent weights, but now his attempted move in weight CAN NOT be justified. There's Mares, Rigondeaux, and few others that he could take on. I give credit for calling out Arce (whose tough as nails), and it puts money in Arum's pockets.

From what I remember, the Japanese guy that he called out, actually beat Rafael Marquez sometime last year, so that wouldn't be a bad fight. Probably wont be much competition, but on paper, he'll be beating a guy that beat one of the Marquez brothers. Anyhow, this next "step up" in weight is unjustified.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 13 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Good stuff DP! I understand the business side of Donaire's (well Arum's) plans, but you're right, he does need one of those knockdown, drag out, fights in the division before he skates off. How he performs in that particular fight, well that's on him, but he DOES need at least one before he moves on.

I actually dont understand his frequent jumps in weight. At one point, he just didn't have any competition at those recent weights, but now his attempted move in weight CAN NOT be justified. There's Mares, Rigondeaux, and few others that he could take on. I give credit for calling out Arce (whose tough as nails), and it puts money in Arum's pockets.

From what I remember, the Japanese guy that he called out, actually beat Rafael Marquez sometime last year, so that wouldn't be a bad fight. Probably wont be much competition, but on paper, he'll be beating a guy that beat one of the Marquez brothers. Anyhow, this next "step up" in weight is unjustified.

thx! i just can't get excited about arce, marquez or the japanese guy that beat him. those are all stay busy/highlight reel type of fights where the opposition really doesn't stand a chance. i'd be more excited if he fought that kid rojas that was getting in arce's ass before they stopped that fight. laugh.gif rigondeaux, moreno or mares....then he can move up. otherwise i have to question his heart and desire to prove he's the best.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 13 2012, 02:17 PM) *
thx! i just can't get excited about arce, marquez or the japanese guy that beat him. those are all stay busy/highlight reel type of fights where the opposition really doesn't stand a chance. i'd be more excited if he fought that kid rojas that was getting in arce's ass before they stopped that fight. laugh.gif rigondeaux, moreno or mares....then he can move up. otherwise i have to question his heart and desire to prove he's the best.

I cant really get all that excited either, but I believe Arce will give him a rough go. Rojas on the other hand, I dont believe, he has the resolve to recover it he gets clocked. I believe the knockdown in the Arce fight was a flash knockdown, but I have to check again. I do remember that first round NOT being cake & ice cream for good ole Arce after Rojas got up though. laugh.gif

Wow, you wanna see Donaire fight Moreno, Mares, AND Rigondeaux before moving up? Thats a pretty tall order! I would say that he'll end up fighting 1 of the 3, and meet the other two at another weight in the future. Speaking of moving up, how many times has Donaire moved up in the past two years? I figured he would pumped the brakes at 122, but it seems like he's either chasing a big fight at a higher weight, or running from one at his weight. laugh.gif
checkleft
He also claims he wants to fight the best at 122 but completely skipped the top guys and from the rumors surfacing signed a fight with arce.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 13 2012, 02:27 PM) *
I cant really get all that excited either, but I believe Arce will give him a rough go. Rojas on the other hand, I dont believe, he has the resolve to recover it he gets clocked. I believe the knockdown in the Arce fight was a flash knockdown, but I have to check again. I do remember that first round NOT being cake & ice cream for good ole Arce after Rojas got up though. laugh.gif

Wow, you wanna see Donaire fight Moreno, Mares, AND Rigondeaux before moving up? Thats a pretty tall order! I would say that he'll end up fighting 1 of the 3, and meet the other two at another weight in the future. Speaking of moving up, how many times has Donaire moved up in the past two years? I figured he would pumped the brakes at 122, but it seems like he's either chasing a big fight at a higher weight, or running from one at his weight. laugh.gif

rojas was hit solid! he got up like he was pissed and won that round imo. he had arce on the ropes retreating and covering up. i like that kid and can't wait to see him again. arce will be a ko reel highlight for donaire.

"rigondeaux, moreno or mares....then he can move up."

one of the three will work. i think he's running from the comp at this weight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 13 2012, 03:34 PM) *
He also claims he wants to fight the best at 122 but completely skipped the top guys and from the rumors surfacing signed a fight with arce.

exactly!!! laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 13 2012, 07:27 PM) *
rojas was hit solid! he got up like he was pissed and won that round imo. he had arce on the ropes retreating and covering up. i like that kid and can't wait to see him again. arce will be a ko reel highlight for donaire.

"rigondeaux, moreno or mares....then he can move up."

one of the three will work. i think he's running from the comp at this weight.

Yea rojas was really impressive, I felt the stoppage coming for him if the fight continued. He put the heat on arce after that kd, he had some pop. Damn him and mares could be a helluva war
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 14 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Yea rojas was really impressive, I felt the stoppage coming for him if the fight continued. He put the heat on arce after that kd, he had some pop. Damn him and mares could be a helluva war

i hope they don't bury him. he has obvious talent. he was brought in as an opponent for arce...i'm not sure he's signed to top rank.
BrutUalBK
No, plain and simple.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.