Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cshel86
Leave all action and reactions to tonight's light welterweight title fight between Khan and Garcia. Keep it all in this thread.

Jack...you're 0-2 today. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Leave all action and reactions to tonight's light welterweight title fight between Khan and Garcia. Keep it all in this thread.

Jack...you're 0-2 today. laugh.gif

Damn!!!! I wanted to put up this one...............WAAAAAAAAAA!!!! LOL!

Seriously though, I was just coming to do a pinned up Spoiler Thread, and you beat me to the punch C-Shel! Hehehehehe!

Still recovering from my "Merging Stupidity" from yesterday! LOL!

Good fight! I think Khan takes a close decision. Best thing for Garcia is to expose Khan who can be hit and hurt. And I REALLY want to see Khan-Maidana II! I really believe Maidana won that first fight!

We'll see how much the "undefeated factor" of Garcia plays against the star fighter. How long will Bradley-Pacquiao's controversial scoring hang in the balance of Nevada judges to be fair and impartial? I am actual more concerned about that statement for Chavez Jr.-Martinez, than for Khan-Garcia.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 14 2012, 08:14 PM) *
Damn!!!! I wanted to put up this one...............WAAAAAAAAAA!!!! LOL!

Seriously though, I was just coming to do a pinned up Spoiler Thread, and you beat me to the punch C-Shel! Hehehehehe!

Still recovering from my "Merging Stupidity" from yesterday! LOL!

Good fight! I think Khan takes a close decision. Best thing for Garcia is to expose Khan who can be hit and hurt. And I REALLY want to see Khan-Maidana II! I really believe Maidana won that first fight!

We'll see how much the "undefeated factor" of Garcia plays against the star fighter. How long will Bradley-Pacquiao's controversial scoring hang in the balance of Nevada judges to be fair and impartial? I am actual more concerned about that statement for Chavez Jr.-Martinez, than for Khan-Garcia.

Jack

Ha! Please Jack! I saw you online during the Haye/Chisora fight...thought you were going to post the thread then. There's a reason why I only did the UK thread and not this one. Those "merging accidents" do happen, no sweat.

As for the fight...Khan will start fast and slow down in the middle rounds...where we're used to seeing him take punches. If it's Garcia's left hook that touches him, he'll see the little birdies.

If Khan chooses not to take any chances and fight on the outside all night, then we'll see a boring UD. If Garcia does anything more than walk Khan down, which elevates to chasing him, then hopefully he doesn't walk into anything. I've never seen Garcia have to chase anybody, but he may have to tonight.

I have Garcia by TKO. We all know that Khan is "supposed" to win this one by boxing and circling (or running), but he may start having a mental lapse and feel that he needs to prove himself after the recent loss...then end up doing something risky, which equates to something stupid.
Cshel86
"I sound like Larry Merchant, talkin' slow" - Emmanuel Steward

laugh.gif
mgrover
am here, am half sleep and ready, and more importantly with the UK commentary
Cshel86
Ha! Glad to have ya this evening MG! Coronas? Notepad?

If you dont have it, then you're ALL wrong sir! laugh.gif

My homegirl happened to be "on this side of town" today, and now she suddenly has a "headache". Gave her some meds and now she tries to sleep on the couch...go in the room fool!
mrchitown
Khan is all most tagging Danny at will
Cshel86
Good 1st round for Khan. Speed. Garcia looked a bit outclassed for a second, he started to settle down around the last minute.

Hope Danny's nose holds up
mgrover
no coronas just notepad ive been out tonight and drinking all night, its water now, also second round seemed close
sduck
HBO is nuthuggin the fuck out of Khan
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 14 2012, 11:30 PM) *
no coronas just notepad ive been out tonight and drinking all night, its water now, also second round seemed close

Gotcha!

Where's Frachize? I want to hear him and his take on hometown trainers? Angel's instructions are poo-poo right now...
sduck
OH MU FUCKIN GOD!!!!

I CANT BELIVE IT!!!
mrchitown
Khan is about to get fucked up
mgrover
that shit krayy
Cshel86
LEFT HOOK BITCHES!!!
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM) *
Gotcha!

Where's Frachize? I want to hear him and his take on hometown trainers? Angel's instructions are poo-poo right now...

Lmao you know it.

What a turn of events!
BigFightFan
Go garcia
Franchize
Khan didnt even get hit on that knockdown!
sduck
LMFAO!!!!
BigFightFan
WOW!!! Khan is what I thought he was
Cshel86
May as well forget those Mayweather plans Khan....
sduck
Khan's career is over.
sduck
Man I love boxing, them upsets man... damn.
mrchitown
Khan fights too amateurish. He needs to stop talking so much shit and work on protecting his chin...and he needs to get a new trainer
Franchize
Wow...what a fuckin day for boxing! N i almost missed this one to waiting to see what my knicks were gonna do with Lin. Real talk tho, Garcia looked like shit.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 14 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Khan fights too amateurish. He needs to stop talking so much shit and work on protecting his chin...and he needs to get a new trainer

Agreed about the trainer. Khan can come back. It wasn't as if he was losing until he got caught.
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ Jul 14 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Khan's career is over.

I disagree. I think this sets him up perfectly for an Ortiz fight actually. Battle of the busts lol.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 15 2012, 04:41 AM) *
Agreed about the trainer. Khan can come back. It wasn't as if he was losing until he got caught.

can he really? I mean what 147 hes going to be hit even harder isnt he. his chin was exposed by Prescott and there was a reason he didnt fight him again.
checkleft
God Damn! Those were some shots!
BigFightFan
Both Lopez and Garcia didn't look great in their previous bouts, but showed up in the big fights. This is what makes boxing great
sduck
He wont be fighting money makers ever. Floyd, Pacquiao, Bradley, Canelo.... He can kiss it goodbye.

And I'm one of the people that thought Khan would blow through Garcia. Garcia aint shit.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 14 2012, 11:39 PM) *

I agree. Yet another Roach fighter with tremendous physical gifts that get exposed for technical shortcomings.
BigFightFan
Oscar reminds me of Don King the way he is all on gracias nuts
Cshel86
Franchize...I was waiting for you bro! I was waiting to see what you thought about hometown trainers, Gracia's instructions were poo-poo. laugh.gif
KOpower
Not really impressed with Garcia. He landed one random and lucky shot. Khan is still a really good fighter.....he has to tighten things up.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 14 2012, 10:41 PM) *

Roach trains his fighters one way and he doesn't do squat for them defensively....but if Khan goes up to 147, he may get hurt. As far as his career goes, he'll never face Mayweather and he's going to have to come back very slowly and build himself back up to this level
sduck
Don't you guys know Freddie Roach is the best trainer... come on now, he's a Hall of Famer!!!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Not really impressed with Garcia. He landed one random and lucky shot. Khan is still a really good fighter.....he has to tighten things up.

Stop it bro, Garcia just showed what we all ready knew... Khan isn't an elite fighter and he has the chin of a 5th grader.
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ Jul 14 2012, 11:43 PM) *
He wont be fighting money makers ever. Floyd, Pacquiao, Bradley, Canelo.... He can kiss it goodbye.

And I'm one of the people that thought Khan would blow through Garcia. Garcia aint shit.

I agree except for Bradley. I think if Bradley gets schooled by Manny, he will be back down to earth again.

I also dont think Garcia is all that. He shoukd be the one fighting Lopez. He didnt out-skill Khan. Khan just got caught with a blind, Martinez vs Williams like punch. He was just winging punches.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Franchize...I was waiting for you bro! I was waiting to see what you thought about hometown trainers, Gracia's instructions were poo-poo. laugh.gif

Yes they were Haha. But I thought Garcia was fighting very smart, idk why people are hating. He shoots that hook that way all the time, its his nitch every fighter has a punch they throw differently. Look at his older fights and you will spot it
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:45 PM) *

Lmao. He was like cmon Dan Cmon.

Im like wtf...are you his girlfriend or his trainer?!
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 14 2012, 11:48 PM) *
Stop it bro, Garcia just showed what we all ready knew... Khan isn't an elite fighter and he has the chin of a 5th grader.

Khan wasn't even hit on the chin though. It was one,of those random and fluke things. Khan does have a weak chin though. I still think he beat Peterson, he beat Maidana, and he crushed Judah. I would love to see a rematch with Garcia.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 11:46 PM) *

Really??? That left hook catches EVERYBODY that stands there and waits for it...Amir's head movement was shit tonight...as usual.
un01
damn, i was hoping to see a mayweather vs khan 24/7. the trash talking would of been endless... guess we'll never see it.
Musashi100
amir khan a bum. the way he was fighting i knew it was trouble for him, the man didn't respect garcia power and i knew he would get caught with a hook shot. i don't want to hear shit out this bums mouth again
BigFightFan
Watching the replay. I can't understand why the ref stoped the action when he gave khan the standing 8 count.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Really??? That left hook catches EVERYBODY that stands there and waits for it...Amir's head movement was shit tonight...as usual.

So glad he didnt do the typical Mayweather call out. I think that would be the easiest fight of Floyds career lol. Garcua will be fine against fighters but true boxers will expose him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 14 2012, 11:42 PM) *
can he really? I mean what 147 hes going to be hit even harder isnt he. his chin was exposed by Prescott and there was a reason he didnt fight him again.

Yeah, I think that he can. Garcia caught him because Khan threw that right a bit recklessly, it didn't land, Khan's head was still there and he got caught right behind the ear, which as you probably know, kills your equilibrium. Khan looked like he might get a second wind, but didn't tie Garcia up as much as he should've. He was definitely hurt, so maybe he wasn't able to tie him up.
My questions re. the training are, could Khan have lessened the impact of the punch if he moved as soon as his right grazed off Garcia's head? Not aggressively tieing (sp?) Garcia up at the start of the fourth?

Nonetheless, congratulations to Danny Garcia. Emphatic victory.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 14 2012, 11:53 PM) *
Lmao. He was like cmon Dan Cmon.

Im like wtf...are you his girlfriend or his trainer?!

laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing. His instructions were really bad after the 2nd round. "Danny, you gotta be more crispy. You're being too wide Danny. He's picking you apart".

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 14 2012, 11:59 PM) *
So glad he didnt do the typical Mayweather call out. I think that would be the easiest fight of Floyds career lol. Garcua will be fine against fighters but true boxers will expose him.

He did...before the fight...bad move...again. It would've been a money fight for Floyd, but thats about it. cool.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Khan wasn't even hit on the chin though. It was one,of those random and fluke things. Khan does have a weak chin though. I still think he beat Peterson, he beat Maidana, and he crushed Judah. I would love to see a rematch with Garcia.

That shot landed on the temple, kinda similar to the same shot Haye hit Chisora with that started Chisora's ass whooping. Peterson was tapping his chin and had him hurt a few times, Maidana was tapping his chin and body in the later rounds and I think the refs were helping Amir survive those rounds. Maidana had him out on his feet. He ddi bust Judah up.

The problem with Khan is he thinks he's elite and a HOF type fighter but he's not. He talks some big shit and looks past his opponents a d he barely gets past the ones he does beat, with the exception of Judah. I like Khan Hejaz some natural gifts but he doesn't fight like a pro. He jabs jabs and back pedals and then comes forward and throws his power shots. He needs a new trainer and he needs to focus on his opponents. He's not as good as he thinks he is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.