Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Franchize
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 14 2012, 11:59 PM) *
Watching the replay. I can't understand why the ref stoped the action when he gave khan the standing 8 count.

I dont know man. On that referee cam, Khan closed his eyes really quick and lean forward.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:03 AM) *
laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing. His instructions were really bad after the 2nd round. "Danny, you gotta be more crispy. You're being too wide Danny. He's picking you apart".

He did...before the fight...bad move...again. It would've been a money fight for Floyd, but thats about it. cool.gif

Garcia called out Floyd? I missed the beginning.
The Original MrFactor
Khan became the NEW Zab Judah... Gateway guy with an exciting style. he'll be competitive in losing by KO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Garcia called out Floyd? I missed the beginning.

Yeah it was at the beginning of the show and in an interview yesterday.

The beginning of the 4th round...it looked like Khan was shapeshifting into an antellope. laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Yeah it was at the beginning of the show and in an interview yesterday.

The beginning of the 4th round...it looked like Khan was shapeshifting into an antellope. laugh.gif

Lmaoooooooo When they showed that ref cam, which is an awesome idea btw, I was like did this motherfucker just dose off right quick? Reminded me of taking the train home from HS n falling asleep standing up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Lmaoooooooo When they showed that ref cam, which is an awesome idea btw, I was like did this motherfucker just dose off right quick? Reminded me of taking the train home from HS n falling asleep standing up.

LMAO!!! Damn that made my night!

Question to everybody here...why is that when Khan loses, it's NEVER his fault? He always finds a way to cover the shit up. He got stopped tonight, but he goes to say that his legs were "fine", but he was on all 4's pouncing. C'mon Khan, admit that you lost fair and square.
flazi
ok i am convinced, cshel is clairvoyant lol. khan fights too fast. he needs to know he won't blow out everyone, he needs to set his shit up. a new trainer is in order.
KOpower
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Khan wasn't even hit on the chin though. It was one,of those random and fluke things. Khan does have a weak chin though. I still think he beat Peterson, he beat Maidana, and he crushed Judah. I would love to see a rematch with Garcia.

I would buy this if Garcia actually hit him on the chin. He didn't. He hit some fluke spot under Amir's ear that just threw his entire body off-balance and Khan never recovered. Amir does need head movement, but I am not going to give Garcia tons of credit. He landed that 1 punch that any fighter can land...and even that 1 landed punch came in a spot that he certainly wasn't aiming for.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 15 2012, 12:32 AM) *
ok i am convinced, cshel is clairvoyant lol. khan fights too fast. he needs to know he won't blow out everyone, he needs to set his shit up. a new trainer is in order.

Thanks bro! Lol. I just knew that any type of fight in close quarters wasn't going to favor Khan, especially that left hook which rocked the shit out of Morales and Holt. Had Khan kept the distance, he would've been okay, but as I mentioned in the first post...he may feel that he needs to prove something since his recent loss.

You're right, he needs to know that he cant blow through everyone. He does need a new trainer, and daprofessor said it best...I gotta find his post about the whole Wild Card gym pressure.
The Original MrFactor
Josesito Lopez also loses tonite. He should have stayed at 140 and be fighting the winner. i think Lopez beats Garcia in a competitive exciting matchup. No way Lopez should go through with the Canelo fight after seeing garcia smash Khan.
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM) *
I would buy this if Garcia actually hit him on the chin. He didn't. He hit some fluke spot under Amir's ear that just threw his entire body off-balance and Khan never recovered. Amir does need head movement, but I am not going to give Garcia tons of credit. He landed that 1 punch that any fighter can land...and even that 1 landed punch came in a spot that he certainly wasn't aiming for.

I like Khan but your making excuses for him like his team does... And as he does as well. That wasnt no fluke. Your man just got busted up. He hit him behind the ear and if you follow boxing and have seen Garcia fight before, he throws that left hook like that. He hit him behind the ear and threw off his equilibrium. And what does Khan do?! Instead of keeping distance and keeping Garcia off him, he tries to be brave and brawl.

I give Amir credit, dude has heart, but his defense and chin are trash. Prescott didn't get lucky he laid Amir out. Peterson, Maidana...they took it to Amir and hurt him multiple times in their fights against him. And another thing people don't bring up for what ever reason is Amir's lack of ring IQ. He fights like an amateur and thinks like one as well. He's a good B+ fighter but he's not elite. Garcia threw the same hook he always does and put the young lion to sleep. He deserves all the credit he's getting.
checkleft
Give Lucas a shot! Foty if it happens
alaganza
Though khan has some flaws I believe most of his problems are tactical.
Even though he has quick hands he rarely changes speeds which makes him easier to time.
Defense is no that great due to lack of head movement and footwork not good enough to keep him out of trouble.
And I do think there is a such thing as too many combinations. He's gotta mix it up more.

As far as his chin, for me, the jury is still out for a couple of reasons.
When Khan has been shaken up pretty good it has been against guys with good to great power.
And I also think khan is fighting too light. Cotto was similar in regards to that point. When Cotto moved up in weight ge looked a lot more stable at a more comfortable weight. We all know khan is huge at this weight and is probably killing himself just to make weight.

Cshel86
I know the WBO belt is vacant...who has the IBF belt. Does Lamont still have it? C'mon Check with the fantasy matches man. We're lucky that we got Khan/Garcia.

I see GBP bringing Garcia up slowly, and Khan up even slower since this is his consecutive loss. They were supposed to give him a rest after the Morales fight, but this opportunity came up.

One more thing, and Im NOT embracing any of Angel Garcia's words...but I wonder if Khan is doubting himself because he's Pakistanian and they're known to not be good fighters (according to A. Garcia, not me), or is he doubting his skills or trainer? Danny pretty much validated all of his dad's words, though I dont fully agree with is dialogue.
mrchitown
Peterson still has the IBF belt...for now at least. I do know Zab is the #1 contender for that belt.

And I do believe that Khan could go,into his next fight with some doubts about his boxing skills. It'll be interesting to see Khan's mental makeup from here on out
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 15 2012, 01:22 AM) *
Peterson still has the IBF belt...for now at least. I do know Zab is the #1 contender for that belt.

And I do believe that Khan could go,into his next fight with some doubts about his boxing skills. It'll be interesting to see Khan's mental makeup from here on out

Almost forgot that he still held that belt. I see it getting vacated soon. A Garcia/Peterson fight would be nice, but Lamont has some heavy lifting to after the PED mess. Honestly, Khan needs to take a break. I know he's been off for 7 months, but he's been training. He needs to take a break and come up with a CAP (corrective action plan) since he just lost decisively.
checkleft
QUOTE (alaganza @ Jul 15 2012, 01:09 AM) *
Even though he has quick hands he rarely changes speeds which makes him easier to time.
Defense is no that great due to lack of head movement and footwork not good enough to keep him out of trouble.
And I do think there is a such thing as too many combinations. He's gotta mix it up more.

When Khan has been shaken up pretty good it has been against guys with good to great power.
And I also think khan is fighting too light. Cotto was similar in regards to that point. When Cotto moved up in weight ge looked a lot more stable at a more comfortable weight. We all know khan is huge at this weight and is probably killing himself just to make weight.

Khan is not huge lol.. he just fights like an amateur. The truth of it is he has no patience, hw has it in his head that he should be in there with mayweather and it shows that he has no patience when he fights. Yes Garcia probably lost all of the rounds prior to the knockdowns but he was being patiently trying to set his punches up and throw something meaningful AND moving his head a bit. Khan was throwing punches for the hell of it and was a sitting duck for a looping counter. He has plenty of speed decent pop but very little actual ring iq and patience. Wth was roach telling him in the corner?
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 15 2012, 01:38 AM) *
Wth was roach telling him in the corner?

The answer to that would be, "shit". Absolutely nothing. He kept asking if he was okay, but that was it.
mitukczuk
MY GOD !!! Are you kidding me ?? I fell asleep right after Haye/CHisora and missed this wonderful result!! I have to say guys, I am so happy Khan got F'd up I can't even express my joy. This was one hell of a night for boxing, in my eyes. Now I need to just find the whole fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:28 AM) *
Almost forgot that he still held that belt. I see it getting vacated soon. A Garcia/Peterson fight would be nice, but Lamont has some heavy lifting to after the PED mess. Honestly, Khan needs to take a break. I know he's been off for 7 months, but he's been training. He needs to take a break and come up with a CAP (corrective action plan) since he just lost decisively.

I see it being vacated as well, especially since team Peterson keeps pushing the hearings back.

Khan does need a break, physically and mentally from the boxing game. He's a young fighter with physical gifts, he just needs to learn how to use them to his advantage. If GBP brings him back to soon, it could mean the end of his career
Jack 1000
War Garcia!!!!

Khan I don't think is a con. He's got a bad chin and Danny did what Prescot did in the first fight, exposed it! Great fight!

Jack
MaxPayne
Fuck Freddie Roach.

These motherfuckers with quick hands need to learn some fucking defense. I was shocked and aghast by how Khan was getting caught clean in freaking sparring, and now he gets KO'd the fuck out against a guy he should have beaten...I mean, that's just criminal.

He needs a new trainer, one who will teach him how to defend and fight close, clinch up and protect that chinny chin chin.

This is the bullshit. Fucking fire Roach and get a real trainer, or be done with your career.
mitukczuk
Just finished watching the whole fight...

I have to say, I don't think chin is the reason why Khan lost. Don't get me wrong, I am always happy to see him get dropped, but the left hook that started it all was monstreous and Khan got caught with like hundred of other shots and was still standing. (probably because his brain got disconnected and he didn't feel anything since the first KD)

Khan needs to switch trainers and get his shit in order asap. The Mayweather fight is defnitely off the table and I am happy fot it...

Good stoppage by Bayless.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 14 2012, 10:42 PM) *
can he really? I mean what 147 hes going to be hit even harder isnt he. his chin was exposed by Prescott and there was a reason he didnt fight him again.

MG speaketh the truth!!!!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 15 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Give Lucas a shot! Foty if it happens

Maaaaaan, if these cats wanna hold on to those belts, so that they may makes some money, they need to keep "Cool Hand Luke" outta there plans.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 14 2012, 11:32 PM) *

Yep, it's fucked up that previous "engagements" prevented me from watching this. Having said that, I read Shelly's prognostication and I'll be damned if this dude didn't call it. MF I need some lotto numbers....quit BS'n and let's run 'em!!!
mgrover
but didnt khan come in at fight night at 158? Or was that me mishearing it
xxxxxx
What a exciting day for Boxing yesterday & the entire weekend actually. Garcia really stepped up to the plate and showed he is a true warrior. I really like this kid...he impressed me last night with his determination. I thought Khan was going to win a hard fought fight but Garcia wouldnt give in. I think Garcia should stay away from a rematch however and look for a super fight later this year.
Franchize
Just watched the fight again. Great fight while it lasted. Amir Khan has a suspect chin but honestly, there was no reason it should have gotten exposed last night. He had one problem last night...Freddy Roach! Roach has been putting out fighters that are clearly better than theyre opponents and theyve been coming up short. Say what you will about Khan. He has some incredible physical gifts. However, he simply hasn't been trained properly. Roach's fighters all lack proper head movement. That lead to Khan's demise. Roach clearly told Khan to stay flatfooted and fight this kid. Bad strategy, especially when you haven't instilled the type of slick boxing skills in your fighter, necessary for your boxer standing in the pocket.

Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jul 15 2012, 04:33 AM) *
Fuck Freddie Roach.

These motherfuckers with quick hands need to learn some fucking defense. I was shocked and aghast by how Khan was getting caught clean in freaking sparring, and now he gets KO'd the fuck out against a guy he should have beaten...I mean, that's just criminal.

He needs a new trainer, one who will teach him how to defend and fight close, clinch up and protect that chinny chin chin.

This is the bullshit. Fucking fire Roach and get a real trainer, or be done with your career.

I agree Max, Roach isn't helping Khan's ring skills, only his fame. Notice that Roach had nothing to say when Khan was getting ripped, nothing, sad stuff. That sparring session COUPLED with his dialogue during the build up, read, "I'm not getting the attention that I need in the gym. I need to prove this unnecessary point to myself that I belong in the ring".

His career is far from over, but he has some heavy lifting to do.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 07:19 AM) *
Maaaaaan, if these cats wanna hold on to those belts, so that they may makes some money, they need to keep "Cool Hand Luke" outta there plans.

Exactly! Matthysse has that power that puts you on your ass and make you see your ancestors from generations back. Either they feel that way, or they're taken back to the sandbox days. He took the life out of Soto with some of those shots. The crazy thing is, it looks like Maidana is gonna stay at WW, so Matthysse will officially become "The Test" of the 140 lb division.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 07:22 AM) *
Having said that, I read Shelly's prognostication and I'll be damned if this dude didn't call it. MF I need some lotto numbers....quit BS'n and let's run 'em!!!

Man I just looked back at Garcia's recent fights Figueroa (took the life out of him with those hooks), Holt (matched power shots with him), and Morales took some big left hooks from Danny and actually made it through the fight. With that said, Khan just doesn't have the resolve of those guys, so I always knew he couldn't withstand those counter shots. As for those lotto numbers, Im still using fortune cookie numbers...maybe I need to give it a shot. laugh.gif

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 07:31 AM) *
but didnt khan come in at fight night at 158? Or was that me mishearing it

It was 148 lbs, like you said, he was pretty ripped at the weigh-in. Im curious to know if that had some effect on him. Thoughts?

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 15 2012, 08:38 AM) *
I think Garcia should stay away from a rematch however and look for a super fight later this year.

Trust me, Khan wont look his way, so he doesn't have to be forced into a rematch.
Cshel86
With that said, where does Khan go from here? He's a big 140 pounder, and hopefully his body agrees to stay there a little while. I believe he's somewhat killing himself to make the weight.

So, he lost to Peterson and was supposed to avenge it, but the failed drug test killed that fight. Now he just got stopped by Garcia...so that's two losses that he needs to avenge, and it's a possibility that his body doesn't agree with 140 lbs anymore. It's bad because as MG said, there are some bangers at 147.

Strike me if Im reaching here, but I believe, and this is just me, but I believe that Khan should take another somewhat easy fight at 140, then go after Matthysse. Yeah the thought of it is crazy, but really, he did when he called out Maidana. He took that fight to answer questions about his chin. So, Matthysse has good boxing skills (not on Peterson's ring IQ level, but good enough) and he has the power that Garcia has to knock Khan out.

With that said, if Khan could get in there with Matthysse and dominate him, then that would be a BIG statement, since Garcia or Peterson hasn't fought him. These two losses wont be forgotten, but it would give Khan some "resolve" points.

Anyhow, is it me, or is Khan's fighting style give you the idea that he's in survival mode every time he fights? It looks weird, but he pitty pat punches and circles guys, but it looks like he's making it painfully obvious that he doesn't want to get hit (Prescott nightmares).

He needs to learn how to clinch, he hardly did that for shit last night. That arrogance and that "is that all you got?" attitude got his ass in trouble. Again, he was proving something that he DIDN'T have to prove. Clinch until you clear your head, boxing 101.

Garcia is a game fighter, I hope they take it easy with him though. He denied Roach's assessment of him being a slow starter, but truthfully he is, we all know and see that. He needs to move his a bit more too, he got hit with a few punches that he didn't have to get hit with. With a beak his size, he needs to move his a bit more, or that shit will always get broken in fights.

Anyhow, this dude is dangerous as shit during exchanges. If you can mount an effective offense and maintain it, then you can beat him. Great fight for him, but let's wait until the drug tests results come back...we've been through this before. laugh.gif If he isn't fuckin' with those PEDs or that plaster, then I'll ink him in my book of rankings, no problem.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 10:02 AM) *
With that said, where does Khan go from here? He's a big 140 pounder, and hopefully his body agrees to stay there a little while. I believe he's somewhat killing himself to make the weight.

So, he lost to Peterson and was supposed to avenge it, but the failed drug test killed that fight. Now he just got stopped by Garcia...so that's two losses that he needs to avenge, and it's a possibility that his body doesn't agree with 140 lbs anymore. It's bad because as MG said, there are some bangers at 147.

Strike me if Im reaching here, but I believe, and this is just me, but I believe that Khan should take another somewhat easy fight at 140, then go after Matthysse. Yeah the thought of it is crazy, but really, he did when he called out Maidana. He took that fight to answer questions about his chin. So, Matthysse has good boxing skills (not on Peterson's ring IQ level, but good enough) and he has the power that Garcia has to knock Khan out.

With that said, if Khan could get in there with Matthysse and dominate him, then that would be a BIG statement, since Garcia or Peterson hasn't fought him. These two losses wont be forgotten, but it would give Khan some "resolve" points.

Anyhow, is it me, or is Khan's fighting style give you the idea that he's in survival mode every time he fights? It looks weird, but he pitty pat punches and circles guys, but it looks like he's making it painfully obvious that he doesn't want to get hit (Prescott nightmares).

He needs to learn how to clinch, he hardly did that for shit last night. That arrogance and that "is that all you got?" attitude got his ass in trouble. Again, he was proving something that he DIDN'T have to prove. Clinch until you clear your head, boxing 101.

Garcia is a game fighter, I hope they take it easy with him though. He denied Roach's assessment of him being a slow starter, but truthfully he is, we all know and see that. He needs to move his a bit more too, he got hit with a few punches that he didn't have to get hit with. With a beak his size, he needs to move his a bit more, or that shit will always get broken in fights.

Anyhow, this dude is dangerous as shit during exchanges. If you can mount an effective offense and maintain it, then you can beat him. Great fight for him, but let's wait until the drug tests results come back...we've been through this before. laugh.gif If he isn't fuckin' with those PEDs or that plaster, then I'll ink him in my book of rankings, no problem.

Agree to pretty much everything...BUT the Matthysse part. There are easier way to get "resolve" points, real or smoke screen....and believe me, Matthysse, IMO, isn't it. LOL.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 11:02 AM) *

Amir Khan fights like and amature... this is what I see from my perspective:

He throws a high volume of punches basically walking forward and often comming off his own feet
His defense is limited and as you mentioned he has no sense of when to clinch
His biggest sin of all is his trainer. Who seems to think he has the speed and ability Pac..

To the contrary, Khan is a tough cookie with really good hand speed. But it seems he should stick to his script and leave the tough exchanges alone.

Garcia has prove to be a solid force. He has a strong team behind him and is exceptional. I was perhaps most impressed with his chin and heart. He looked a bit broke by the end of 2nd, and I was surprised he was still swinging with conviction in that round he 'found' the knockout.

Id love to see him in there with Peterson or perhaps Marquez...

This is what the sport is all about. Two times now HBO has overlooked opponents they had for their fighter for thier UK audience. And thats two times the upset.....looks like Hatton is gonna have to make his comeback afterall.. lol

Danny Garcia is a solid fighter, who can be hit.... He has just launched himself to be the infamous "man to beat".. good luck guy..
KOpower
QUOTE (alaganza @ Jul 15 2012, 01:09 AM) *

Danny'sfather is an idiot. I don't mean that it a bad way...he is just not a smart man. Why would anyone care what a dummy has to say? He isn't important. I doubt Khan cares at all about papa Garcia 's comments.
mgrover
While all this is true I just saw the last knock down and think that's it,I didn't think the fight should of been stopped
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 11:47 AM) *
While all this is true I just saw the last knock down and think that's it,I didn't think the fight should of been stopped

+1, MG. I just watched it and considering how he was (believe it or not) effectively countering Danny, he should've been allowed to continue. I know I'll be called crazy and no way can one make predictions, but I think had this been allowed to continue, Khan would've recovered and made a "muck" of what was to be a clear victory for Garcia.

S/N: I don't like Khan
xxxxxx
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 12:12 PM) *
+1, MG. I just watched it and considering how he was (believe it or not) effectively countering Danny, he should've been allowed to continue. I know I'll be called crazy and no way can one make predictions, but I think had this been allowed to continue, Khan would've recovered and made a "muck" of what was to be a clear victory for Garcia.

I also noticed this and that's why I stated that Garcia should move on and Not excercise a rematch here. Everything worked for Garcia and I wouldnt press my luck. Dont get me wrong I really like this kid and I'm really looking forword to his next fight. The Kid is on top of the divison right now and should take the biggest Money fight available. Even if it means moving to 147 which I believe he could.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 15 2012, 12:15 PM) *
I also noticed this and that's why I stated that Garcia should move on and Not excercise a rematch here. Everything worked for Garcia and I wouldnt press my luck. Dont get me wrong I really like this kid and I'm really looking forword to his next fight. The Kid is on top of the divison right now and should take the biggest Money fight available. Even if it means moving to 147 which I believe he could.

Good point. A rematch would be interesting.
mgrover
Is there a rematch clause? If there is and Khan takes it he'll lose, mainly because he'll get pissed off again and brawl plain and simple.he's very easily agitated even though he shouldn't be, he's very amateurish in a lot of aspects, compare him to canelo and out shows
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 12:47 PM) *

I agree with you about the last knockdown and the stoppage...to me, it's a 50/50 though (as Im looking at it now). However, I saw a couple of times throughout the 4th round, where it could've stopped it and it would've been justified.

Im listening to Khan's interview after the fight, and again, he pisses me off because he NEVER seems to take responsibility for his shortcomings. He acts like he wants to take responsibility, then he starts talking about the ref and so forth.

PS: Did anybody peep the fighter meeting in the beginning where Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments regarding Khan? Really though, Lampley seems to forget his comment about Hamed in the Barrera fight, in regards to him knowing and spelling Barrera's name, rather than Allah's in the event that he lost.
wolterb
What a glorious result
Franchize
Khan got exposed but I dont think this loss was a huge detriment for his career. For a Mayweather fight? Probably. He could still talk up a Bradley fight though. He could still fight Peterson. He could still fight Ortiz. He can probably get ppl interested in a rematch. Let's be honest, Garcia didn't look that great either. He was swinging for the fences and losing the fight until that point for sure. I just think Khan proved what most of us thought...he's not elite. At least not yet. I think he' still in that tier of B class fighters with Alexander, Ortiz, Berto etc.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 12:12 PM) *

I think Bayless would have let the fight go on, if Khan's legs would have cooperated better after the 3rd KD. Kenny looked at Khan for a good five seconds on the last knockdown, and I saw probably what he did, a fighter who may have wanted to continue, but who's body said no. Even on that first knockdown I got that impression that khan's was kind of slow to get his hands up. It certainly would have sucked if Bayless had stopped it then. But Khan was kind of slow in coming to Bayless following the eight-count for each of the three knockdowns. I agree with the stoppage. and kudos to Khan for going down swinging.

Jack

PS. Khan reminds me of Hamed with his arrogance, punching power. and suspect chin.
The Original MrFactor
Not to toot Floyd Mayweathers horn too much, but isnt Danny Garcia the guy that Floyd told Khan he had to fight before even considering a Mayweather/Khan match? Wasnt that last year sometime?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 15 2012, 02:24 PM) *
I think Bayless would have let the fight go on, if Khan's legs would have cooperated better after the 3rd KD. Kenny looked at Khan for a good five seconds on the last knockdown, and I saw probably what he did, a fighter who may have wanted to continue, but who's body said no. Even on that first knockdown I got that impression that khan's was kind of slow to get his hands up. It certainly would have sucked if Bayless had stopped it then. But Khan was kind of slow in coming to Bayless following the eight-count for each of the three knockdowns. I agree with the stoppage. and kudos to Khan for going down swinging.

Jack

PS. Khan reminds me of Hamed with his arrogance, punching power. and suspect chin.

I didn't think Hamed's chin was all that bad. After all, Barrera hit him flush, more than a few times and he never was really "buzzed".
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 15 2012, 08:24 PM) *

Jack

atleast Hamed was fun to watch.

Not to toot Floyd Mayweathers horn too much, but isnt Danny Garcia the guy that Floyd told Khan he had to fight before even considering a Mayweather/Khan match? Wasnt that last year sometime?

nah that was jessie vargas

I still think if Khan had a mind, and stayed away instead of tried to stay on the inside, he could of pulled out an SD or a very close UD. He has heart, but he puts it in the wrong places.

it's like someone said, he wants to be noticed, so badly, so he trades and what not, and problem is he doesn't have MP chin so he cant do it. Things like when he fought Judah he telling Ariza oh yeah he's really ripped, and am sure he was admiring not just observing. And now he comes out with this ripped body, to were as before he was always lean, to match his mentality? I think Garcias dad got in his head, and its not hard to do it seems.

and yeah I know what you mean CShel, always an excuse with that guy, I mean he could be such an easily likeable person in his situations like the drug test and stuff like that, and against Paulie who was playing the bad guy perfectly, but he just puts his foot in his own mouth with lines like "I have the strongest chin out of the british boxers". If that was true we'd be in serious trouble for winning any medals this Olympics. Even when Hamed lost he said no problem
sduck
Khan just needs a new trainer that can teach him defense, and he'll be good to go. Oh yeah and Alex Ariza's special shakes.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:52 PM) *

Jesse Vargas prior to his signing with TR
Franchize
Khan should have kept Ariza n ditched Roach. I dont like the manber in which hes gone up in weight. What once was a skinny, lanky body, now is flabby in between fights. He isnt gainibg the right way.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 15 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Jesse Vargas prior to his signing with TR

Thansk. i got those two mixed up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.