Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should hbo just reel in jim lampley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
daprofessor
the guy is extremely pathetic as a commentator. waaay too biased. it's almost sad. maybe someone should tell him to lay off the weed and he wouldn't be so homotional. he has to go.

either that or give us the option to watch without commentary and just the ring and crowd noise. that is even better than being at the fight imo.
Franchize
Last night I thought he was disrespectful when, immediately after Bayless ended the bout, he said "Garcia has vindicated himself after his fathers misbehavior". Really? That couldnt wait? Thats the shit that gets you cursed out. This kid just won the biggest fight of his life n thats the first thing you can think to say? Some petty, meanibgless shit about his dad! Jim has an epic voice for fights, so I get why HBO keeps him. Unfortunately, the words attached to that voice are becoming more and more annoying.
Cshel86
C'mon Professor, we've been down this road before...there's NOTHING wrong with the "twenty twen twen" (weed). laugh.gif

Other than that, fuck him! Franchize s right, Lampley has the epic voice for calling fights, especially when big moments occur. Too bad he's becoming less and less effective when it comes to saying substantial shit. That comment about Danny "vindicating" his father's words was fuckin' disgusting.

As I mentioned in the RBR thread, did anybody notice how Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments during the fighter meeting? I guess he thought we forgot about his comments about Hamed knowing how to spell "Barrera" rather than Allah, had he lost the Barerra fight.

Foreman was about to serve his ass like mail on Sunday for that dumb comment he made. Let's not forget about that "going ghetto" comment he made about Kirkland in the Molina fight.
Franchize
LMAO Big George was about to fry his ass up and squeeze the juice out of him

I'm still trying to figure out Merchant's rap vs hip-hop line in the Cotto vs Mayweather fight lol. Rule of thumb should be, if you don't know shit about it, don't reference it and don't make an analogy.
BigFightFan
That rap/hip-hop line got me also. Big George was able to call it like it was when he was on HBO. He didn't have to bite his tongue because he was caked up off of his grill sales.
Cshel86
LMAO!!!

Yall and these damn grill references!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Last night I thought he was disrespectful when, immediately after Bayless ended the bout, he said "Garcia has vindicated himself after his fathers misbehavior". Really? That couldnt wait? Thats the shit that gets you cursed out. This kid just won the biggest fight of his life n thats the first thing you can think to say? Some petty, meanibgless shit about his dad! Jim has an epic voice for fights, so I get why HBO keeps him. Unfortunately, the words attached to that voice are becoming more and more annoying.

amen.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 07:05 PM) *
C'mon Professor, we've been down this road before...there's NOTHING wrong with the "twenty twen twen" (weed). laugh.gif

Other than that, fuck him! Franchize s right, Lampley has the epic voice for calling fights, especially when big moments occur. Too bad he's becoming less and less effective when it comes to saying substantial shit. That comment about Danny "vindicating" his father's words was fuckin' disgusting.

As I mentioned in the RBR thread, did anybody notice how Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments during the fighter meeting? I guess he thought we forgot about his comments about Hamed knowing how to spell "Barrera" rather than Allah, had he lost the Barerra fight.

Foreman was about to serve his ass like mail on Sunday for that dumb comment he made. Let's not forget about that "going ghetto" comment he made about Kirkland in the Molina fight.

nothing wrong when u already have high levels of testosterone flowing thru ur system...but in lampley's case...he already has too much estrogen. he needs to lay off the 'twenty twen twen.' laugh.gif

good call on that bullshit he pulled with the barrera/hamed fight!!! i miss big george! he kept jim and larry in check.

i thought angel handled himself well and didn't back down from shit. fuck jim lampley.
flazi
lampley was with his phatom punches again.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 16 2012, 02:46 PM) *
good call on that bullshit he pulled with the barrera/hamed fight!!! i miss big george! he kept jim and larry in check.

i thought angel handled himself well and didn't back down from shit. fuck jim lampley.

I MISS Big George! He wouldn't allow Lampley or Merchant to be a bitch and get the last word, he used to have their asses in check! If they were calling the fight wrong or being biased, then he would shut that shit down immediately.

Nowadays, Steward will know that Lampley is completely wrong about something, but he'll either agree, or just let him have it. With that in mind, I cant remember which fighter called Steward an Uncle Tom, but they were right.

Anybody remember how RJJ made Pacquiao look like shit with his commentary during the first Morales fight? Didn't he put Larry's ass in check too? Anybody remember Roy EVER calling a Pacquiao fight after that? I rest my case on that...

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 02:28 PM) *
I MISS Big George! He wouldn't allow Lampley or Merchant to be a bitch and get the last word, he used to have their asses in check! If they were calling the fight wrong or being biased, then he would shut that shit down immediately.

Nowadays, Steward will know that Lampley is completely wrong about something, but he'll either agree, or just let him have it. With that in mind, I cant remember which fighter called Steward an Uncle Tom, but they were right.

Anybody remember how RJJ made Pacquiao look like shit with his commentary during the first Morales fight? Didn't he put Larry's ass in check too? Anybody remember Roy EVER calling a Pacquiao fight after that? I rest my case on that...

i think that was james toney. i got that feeling when he spoke so badly of jack johnson. smh.

i'll have to go back and check roy calling the morales/pac fight. good call.
Jack 1000
Lampley was amazing 10-15 years ago. But now he's little more than a pom-pom shaker for the HBO promoted fighter. I hope he's not calling any Olympic stuff this year, but he might be. Jim can't stop going "Ga-Ga" for the media money makers now. Go back 10 years and compare his fight calls. You will see such a difference.

Jack

PS. Sometimes I used to get pissed at George for saying stupid shit. But Foreman could put both Jim and Larry in line when he had to do that! I don't think Larry and George got along too well.
Jack 1000
If you want to complain about Jim Lamply's bias calls in certain fights, you can Word Process a letter to the head of HBO's Sports Department. It is probably better than sending e-mail. Be professional and cite specific examples of Jim's bias during his calls in fights.

Copy this link into your letters, it is good evidence, showing how Jim's biased favoritism of Manny Pacquiao in the Timothy Bradley fight may have influenced the public into seeing a one-sided fight, which was a lot closer than Jim called:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8

If you can cite maybe 3 good examples of Jim Lamply's bias in fights and if enough people respond professionally, maybe the head of HBO Sports will be able to talk to Jim and have him review some footage. A one-page letter would be good if you choose to contact HBO Sports: Here is the address:

Mr. Ken Hershman
HBO Sports, President
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY. 10036

Don't just come out and say that Lamps sucks. Instead point out how his commentary has changed over the past decade from excited, professional commentary to a favorable bias for the HBO contracted fighter. This disrespect that Jim showed after the Garcia win with the above comment, cite that too. Give like 3-5 good instances of Jim's biased and unprofessional views in recent years. Maybe if enough people see the same things, Jim might settle down and be more neutral in his commentary. This might help.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Lampley was amazing 10-15 years ago. But now he's little more than a pom-pom shaker for the HBO promoted fighter. I hope he's not calling any Olympic stuff this year, but he might be. Jim can't stop going "Ga-Ga" for the media money makers now. Go back 10 years and compare his fight calls. You will see such a difference.

Jack

PS. Sometimes I used to get pissed at George for saying stupid shit. But Foreman could put both Jim and Larry in line when he had to do that! I don't think Larry and George got along too well.

no, he sucked well over 10 yrs ago. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:46 PM) *
If you want to complain about Jim Lamply's bias calls in certain fights, you can Word Process a letter to the head of HBO's Sports Department. It is probably better than sending e-mail. Be professional and cite specific examples of Jim's bias during his calls in fights.

Copy this link into your letters, it is good evidence, showing how Jim's biased favoritism of Manny Pacquiao in the Timothy Bradley fight may have influenced the public into seeing a one-sided fight, which was a lot closer than Jim called:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8

If you can cite maybe 3 good examples of Jim Lamply's bias in fights and if enough people respond professionally, maybe the head of HBO Sports will be able to talk to Jim and have him review some footage. A one-page letter would be good if you choose to contact HBO Sports: Here is the address:

Mr. Ken Hershman
HBO Sports, President
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY. 10036

Don't just come out and say that Lamps sucks. Instead point out how his commentary has changed over the past decade from excited, professional commentary to a favorable bias for the HBO contracted fighter. This disrespect that Jim showed after the Garcia win with the above comment, cite that too. Give like 3-5 good instances of Jim's biased and unprofessional views in recent years. Maybe if enough people see the same things, Jim might settle down and be more neutral in his commentary. This might help.

Jack

thanks Jack!!!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 12:56 AM) *
no, he sucked well over 10 yrs ago. laugh.gif

LOL! It just that Lamps has sucked MORE than in the past with his biased agendas!

Jack
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *
the guy is extremely pathetic as a commentator. waaay too biased. it's almost sad. maybe someone should tell him to lay off the weed and he wouldn't be so homotional. he has to go.

either that or give us the option to watch without commentary and just the ring and crowd noise. that is even better than being at the fight imo.

I think they should fire Lampley, Merchant and that lame unofficial boxing Judge Harold Letterman, none of them really knows the sport in terms of what's going on in the ring and even when they're reporting what they see it isn't usually what's going on.

Merchant is the most biased of all of them and Lampley is either blind, or an idiot or a buffoon-either way you put it he doesn't commentate accurately on what's going on in the ring.

They call him (Jim) a Color Commentator; well obviously he's seeing something in just black and white but not necessarily in color unless they (HBO) are trying to hype up a certain latino or Filipino fighter.

FIRE LAMPLEY, LETTERMAN AND THAT VODKA DRINKING ALKY (MERCHANT)!!
Cshel86
For some reason, I dont even feel smart enough to write a letter nowadays...guess I can blame that on frustration. What we can do is give them links to some of these threads, surely their eyes will bleed. cool.gif
bMaK
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 16 2012, 09:27 AM) *
LMAO Big George was about to fry his ass up and squeeze the juice out of him

I'm still trying to figure out Merchant's rap vs hip-hop line in the Cotto vs Mayweather fight lol. Rule of thumb should be, if you don't know shit about it, don't reference it and don't make an analogy.

I understood that, it was just corny. He was trying to say Mayweather is a little more hardcore now.

Agreed on Lampley though, it's pretty blatant at this point. I wonder what spurred his 180, he didn't use to come off THIS bias. I don't think it just happened- maybe he had an incident with someone or HBO encouraged him to play it up more.

Sidenote, the boxing politricks turned me off to the bullshit recently. Shoutout to Haye and Garcia for this past Saturday, two MUCH needed shots in the arm.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 10:50 AM) *
I understood that, it was just corny. He was trying to say Mayweather is a little more hardcore now.

Agreed on Lampley though, it's pretty blatant at this point. I wonder what spurred his 180, he didn't use to come off THIS bias. I don't think it just happened- maybe he had an incident with someone or HBO encouraged him to play it up more.

Sidenote, the boxing politricks turned me off to the bullshit recently. Shoutout to Haye and Garcia for this past Saturday, two MUCH needed shots in the arm.

are u one of the fans that has left boxing for mma? huh.gif

u would be the first that in know if that is true. laugh.gif
bMaK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 04:13 PM) *
are u one of the fans that has left boxing for mma? huh.gif

u would be the first that in know if that is true. laugh.gif

Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

If all sports got banned and MMA was the only thing left I still wouldn't watch that shit. Shoutout to everyone who likes it, jut ain't my thing.
Jack 1000
Good You Tube Video about Jim Lamply's bias at HBO and how the rest of the team may have tricked down to this level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbeUnf_Io4A...;feature=fvwrel

Jack
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Fire him and hire Joe Rogan or someone who will call a fight fairly.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 4 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Fire him and hire Joe Rogan or someone who will call a fight fairly.

joe rogan don't know shit about boxing.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

If all sports got banned and MMA was the only thing left I still wouldn't watch that shit. Shoutout to everyone who likes it, jut ain't my thing.

BMak, what's up Potna? I didn't know you were here, welcome aboard.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 02:50 PM) *
joe rogan don't know shit about boxing.

I know but then again neither does Lampley but at least Rogan would call it fair and square. LOL
Cshel86
Rogan sucks, but Lampely sucks worse, especially for somebody who has been covering boxing for over 25 years. Covering boxing THAT long, should make a man have some sense of pride, but hell, as the sport of boxing went down, I would be dumb to think that the commentary standards wouldn't take a hit as well.

Resulting to nuthugging translates, "Alright, Im done with this shit, Im just here for a paycheck and the little glory that's left in the sport. cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Rogan sucks, but Lampely sucks worse, especially for somebody who has been covering boxing for over 25 years. Covering boxing THAT long, should make a man have some sense of pride, but hell, as the sport of boxing went down, I would be dumb to think that the commentary standards wouldn't take a hit as well.

Resulting to nuthugging translates, "Alright, Im done with this shit, Im just here for a paycheck and the little glory that's left in the sport. cool.gif

did i miss something? huh.gif

when did the sport go down? unsure.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2012, 09:05 PM) *
did i miss something? huh.gif

when did the sport go down? unsure.gif

Im guessing that it went down when we started seeing these lackluster B.A.D. cards, and boxing politics took a real nosedive when promoters started getting wild hairs up their asses. As a result, in-house fights were shoved down the throats of boxing fans, not to mention that fighters lost their minds and division integrity when huge money became a big deal...especially when they haven't proved themselves.

Maybe this Democratic Convention has me adding extra mustard to this very post laugh.gif I feel like I need to have a BIG, substantial, "vote for me" posted right now. Lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Im guessing that it went down when we started seeing these lackluster B.A.D. cards, and boxing politics took a real nosedive when promoters started getting wild hairs up their asses. As a result, in-house fights were shoved down the throats of boxing fans, not to mention that fighters lost their minds and division integrity when huge money became a big deal...especially when they haven't proved themselves.

Maybe this Democratic Convention has me adding extra mustard to this very post laugh.gif I feel like I need to have a BIG, substantial, "vote for me" posted right now. Lol

LOL!!!

Lamps cheerleading's been there for the last ten years. But when the fights were good it blended in well because the fights were good. But now, it's like Lamps, if not the whole HBO crew would show up to watch and pom pom the HBO contracted fighter taking a shit! Yes, it's that biased. CShel's right, It's shoving the in-house fighter cards by Al Haymon, or Arum, or Oscar against C+ guys at best. The Ward-Gatti. Barrera-Morales, Pryor-Arguello classics of the past that defined this great sport and network personified what a great boxing network this used to be. I even remember back in the 80's or so when Arum showed Hagler fights, we didn't have cable back than and paid like about $5.00 for a hotel room and the desk clerk would be "how long do you want it?" And we'd be like, "I don't know, just till the fight's over and we'd get funny looks! hahahaha!" I remember seeing Hagler-Roldan that way.

The pom-poming is OK when the fights are great cuz it adds to the excitement. But when the fights aren't exciting, it becomes annoying. Like, we gotta see a tape delay of Klitchko against some nobody. WHY? Ward-Dawson is gonna be boring, but HBO's gotta go ga-ga-goo-goo over Ward. Lamply's epitaph is gonna read, "I never met an HBO contracted fighter I didn't love." I'm telling you, ever since Lou Dibella left the HBO boxing program, the sport has turned to house-fighter pom-poming instead of the mostly great fights that HBO had under the Dibella banner. Shit! Lou even wrote to me once and apologized for showing the Jones-Frazier farce. Not saying the fights are quite that bad. but without Dibella it's not the same. Great fights that Lou would have on HBO are now almost all PPV.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 09:11 PM) *

man...i've been enjoying the ride. i guess i choose to look at the glass as half full. i mean...don't get me wrong...there's shit i don't like, especially about hbo and toprank....but there have been a shit load of good fights these last few years. this year in particular is delivering some very good fights. this weekend and next are prime examples.

focus on the positive.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:20 AM) *
LOL!!!

Lamps cheerleading's been there for the last ten years. But when the fights were good it blended in well because the fights were good. But now, it's like Lamps, if not the whole HBO crew would show up to watch and pom pom the HBO contracted fighter taking a shit! Yes, it's that biased. CShel's right, It's shoving the in-house fighter cards by Al Haymon, or Arum, or Oscar against C+ guys at best. The Ward-Gatti. Barrera-Morales, Pryor-Arguello classics of the past that defined this great sport and network personified what a great boxing network this used to be. I even remember back in the 80's or so when Arum showed Hagler fights, we didn't have cable back than and paid like about $5.00 for a hotel room and the desk clerk would be "how long do you want it?" And we'd be like, "I don't know, just till the fight's over and we'd get funny looks! hahahaha!" I remember seeing Hagler-Roldan that way.

The pom-poming is OK when the fights are great cuz it adds to the excitement. But when the fights aren't exciting, it becomes annoying. Like, we gotta see a tape delay of Klitchko against some nobody. WHY? Ward-Dawson is gonna be boring, but HBO's gotta go ga-ga-goo-goo over Ward. Lamply's epitaph is gonna read, "I never met an HBO contracted fighter I didn't love." I'm telling you, ever since Lou Dibella left the HBO boxing program, the sport has turned to house-fighter pom-poming instead of the mostly great fights that HBO had under the Dibella banner. Shit! Lou even wrote to me once and apologized for showing the Jones-Frazier farce. Not saying the fights are quite that bad. but without Dibella it's not the same. Great fights that Lou would have on HBO are now almost all PPV.

Jack

yeah...i get the complaints about hbo and i somewhat agree.

but i can't act like there hasn't been good fights on.

let me count the ways.....

golovkin/proska

chavez/lee

garcia/khan

floyd/cotto

martinez/macklin/and the other dudes he's been ko'ing

these are the hbo fights that i've enjoyed lately. but showtime has been holding it down imo. they are my favorite network. even with their friday night cards with up and coming talent. they do not disappoint.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 02:17 PM) *
yeah...i get the complaints about hbo and i somewhat agree.

but i can't act like there hasn't been good fights on.

let me count the ways.....

golovkin/proska

chavez/lee

garcia/khan

floyd/cotto

martinez/macklin/and the other dudes he's been ko'ing

these are the hbo fights that i've enjoyed lately. but showtime has been holding it down imo. they are my favorite network. even with their friday night cards with up and coming talent. they do not disappoint.

I agree!

Good fights coming up and those that have happened strike a balance with the biased commentary. And there is something about the status of the HBO crew that goes back historically and has a sense of longevity that the Showtime team tries, but just can't match. Remember that for all of Lamps criticism, when a fight is classic action, he's the best for drama since the days of Cosell. Even though I always believe that Howard got into boxing because of Ali and Leonard.

There are two examples of fights where Lamply blew the call:

Douglas-Tyson-He's not dramatic enough for the moment. Col Bob Sheridan has the best call of that fight!

Tarver-Jones II: Yakking away when Jones was unconscious on the floor was a blown call. It was shocking and unbelievable! Tarver's pre-fight line "Got any excuses tonight Roy" was great!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:46 PM) *
I agree!

Good fights coming up and those that have happened strike a balance with the biased commentary. And there is something about the status of the HBO crew that goes back historically and has a sense of longevity that the Showtime team tries, but just can't match. Remember that for all of Lamps criticism, when a fight is classic action, he's the best for drama since the days of Cosell. Even though I always believe that Howard got into boxing because of Ali and Leonard.

Douglas-Tyson-He's not dramatic enough for the moment. Col Bob Sheridan has the best call of that fight!

Tarver-Jones II: Yakking away when Jones was unconscious on the floor was a blown call. It was shocking and unbelievable! Tarver's pre-fight line "Got any excuses tonight Roy" was great!

Jack

i have to disagree on that. showtimes crews are solid. all of them. hbo with lampley and merchant have been unbearable to me since dlh/trinidad.

bernstein/tarver/and the other dude are my favorite hands down.

poppa with jones and kellerman are good.

barry tompkins/the jewish guy...i can't remember his name....they're good too.
Jack 1000
Just to have a little fun with this thread!

Many of us have been on the HBO landscape for 15-20 years or more! In keeping with the subject of this thread, do a little play on words as to how the HBO crew will pom-pom Saturday night? What will we here from them that may shrink their biased commentary to new lows? Or as this is Chavez and Martinez two HBO stars, will HBO be fair to Martinez? I doubt it. It seems like HBO's nut-hugging gets worse with every fight.

Seriously, I wonder if sometimes Lamply and the crew aren't sleeping with the judges! We talk about biased-judging, but how does biased announcing factor into this, especially to protect the HBO contracted fighter? (Pacquiao, Delahoya, Mayweather, Jones. and now likely Chavez.) Will Lamply be fair to Martinez?

Jack

PS. Showtime's good. But back when Tyson was on the network, they were stroking up to him like bees on honey and were VERY, VERY, PRO DON KING, especially Czyz and Pacheco. I wonder who the higher ups are that tell the commentators to say favorable biased things for the fighter on their network? Or are they doing it on their own accord? Truth is, you start biting the hand that feeds you, you're job could be on the line. Merchant got suspended from HBO for a telecast for saying that "Delahoya's entrance music, sucks." I think Ross Greenberg was responsible for that, but can't be sure.
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 7 2012, 07:46 PM) *
I agree!

Jack

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 08:10 PM) *
i have to disagree on that. showtimes crews are solid. all of them. hbo with lampley and merchant have been unbearable to me since dlh/trinidad.

bernstein/tarver/and the other dude are my favorite hands down.

poppa with jones and kellerman are good.

barry tompkins/the jewish guy...i can't remember his name....they're good too.

I have to agree with you here. Even though HBO has that feel that they are the network for boxing they act like their crew is bigger then the sport. And it seems like showtime seems to appreciative boxing and its fighters way more. And if their is some bull shit going on they seem to call people out on it.

If golden boy keeps putting on these really good cards on showtime we might see the passing of the torch
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Many of us have been on the HBO landscape for 15-20 years or more! In keeping with the subject of this thread, do a little play on words as to how the HBO crew will pom-pom Saturday night? What will we here from them that may shrink their biased commentary to new lows? Or as this is Chavez and Martinez two HBO stars, will HBO be fair to Martinez? I doubt it. It seems like HBO's nut-hugging gets worse with every fight.

Seriously, I wonder if sometimes Lamply and the crew aren't sleeping with the judges! We talk about biased-judging, but how does biased announcing factor into this, especially to protect the HBO contracted fighter? (Pacquiao, Delahoya, Mayweather, Jones. and now likely Chavez.) Will Lamply be fair to Martinez?

Jack

PS. Showtime's good. But back when Tyson was on the network, they were stroking up to him like bees on honey and were VERY, VERY, PRO DON KING, especially Czyz and Pacheco. I wonder who the higher ups are that tell the commentators to say favorable biased things for the fighter on their network? Or are they doing it on their own accord? Truth is, you start biting the hand that feeds you, you're job could be on the line. Merchant got suspended from HBO for a telecast for saying that "Delahoya's entrance music, sucks." I think Ross Greenberg was responsible for that, but can't be sure.

what we can expect...

from lampley: big right hand!!! (where there is none)

from merchant: martinez is a boring fighter...blah,blah,blah...(but he'll compliment him on his looks and physique laugh.gif)

from kellerman: he'll bug his eyes at some point and over emphasize what he's saying to drive a point.

from steward: this is exactly the way i knew it would go....

from lederman: well jim...i don't understand...blah,blah,blah...be that as it may...i have chavez winning because he's aggressive and martinez is just running.

from compubox: very inaccurate numbers as usual.

make no mistake about it...martinez is going to have to put chavez to sleep if he wants to win by decision. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Jack

showtime has snatched the torch from hbo and is running with it. their commentary last weekend was horrible. the mma announcer along with lil' but bad stevie johnston need to go. bring back tarver. if hbo was able to look past lampleys weed smoking and woman beating....showtime should be able to look past tarvers positive test.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2012, 07:06 PM) *
what we can expect...

from merchant: martinez is a boring fighter...blah,blah,blah...(but he'll compliment him on his looks and physique laugh.gif)

from kellerman: he'll bug his eyes at some point and over emphasize what he's saying to drive a point.

from lederman: well jim...i don't understand...blah,blah,blah...be that as it may...i have chavez winning because he's aggressive and martinez is just running.

make no mistake about it...martinez is going to have to put chavez to sleep if he wants to win by decision. laugh.gif

Hahaha! That didn't even work in the Cintron fight, he got a draw
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2012, 03:55 PM) *

Jack

what???

out of all the things merchant has said about boxers, he got suspended for that?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2012, 06:06 PM) *
what we can expect...

lmao this is funny

thats why you should put the tv/computer/laptop on mute, if you want to score a boxing fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Hahaha! That didn't even work in the Cintron fight, he got a draw

oh shit! that's right! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 12 2012, 06:54 PM) *
what???

out of all the things merchant has said about boxers, he got suspended for that?

no shit! the man is just plain disrespectful to fighters and very condescending. i can't stand that muthafucka. they need to get rid of him, seriously.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2012, 07:06 PM) *
what we can expect...

laugh.gif

Spot on!

Of course I'll be there live, so I'll have to catch the recording when I return home. I'm sure the forum will be interesting Saturday night though!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 12 2012, 09:35 PM) *
laugh.gif

Spot on!

Of course I'll be there live, so I'll have to catch the recording when I return home. I'm sure the forum will be interesting Saturday night though!

u hitting the casino?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 12 2012, 11:10 PM) *
u hitting the casino?

Hell yeah! I'm no stranger to winning $25+ on the penny machines, and being slumped over the quarter machines after way too many rounds. That's the best place to get lit for the low...free drinks if you're gambling...cant beat that. I go crazy in Louisiana casinos (Eldorado, Harrah's, and the Horseshoe), so Vegas should be no different.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2012, 06:06 PM) *
what we can expect...

Hahahahahaha!!!! All true!

From Lederman I would count how many times he says, "Jim, I gotta tell ya!" or a variation of that. LOL!

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 12 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Hell yeah! I'm no stranger to winning $25+ on the penny machines, and being slumped over the quarter machines after way too many rounds. That's the best place to get lit for the low...free drinks if you're gambling...cant beat that. I go crazy in Louisiana casinos (Eldorado, Harrah's, and the Horseshoe), so Vegas should be no different.

LOL!!!! Watch for CShel to make a scene when HBO says something fucked up in its commentary!!!! LOL! And this will probably be after many, Many, MANY, MANY drinks!!!! so it's gonna be interesting!!! No! Better than interesting! In CShel's own words.............CRAZY!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:52 PM) *
LOL!!!! Watch for CShel to make a scene when HBO says something fucked up in its commentary!!!! LOL! And this will probably be after many, Many, MANY, MANY drinks!!!! so it's gonna be interesting!!! No! Better than interesting! In CShel's own words.............CRAZY!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!

Jack

Hahahahaha!!! Watch me go for Lampley first! I'll make the most of my 15 seconds of fame...just dont judge me when security has their way with me, and the cameras happen to catch it. Trust me, it's happened in a nightclub before. LOL
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Hahahahaha!!! Watch me go for Lampley first! I'll make the most of my 15 seconds of fame...just dont judge me when security has their way with me, and the cameras happen to catch it. Trust me, it's happened in a nightclub before. LOL

do that and i will create a fan page for you! i guarantee u will have a shit load of followers. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.