Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan or Ortiz?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Somewhere down the line i see these two squaring off. I read Khan knocked Ortiz out in the amature's, but i think it may be a while before either fighter is fed to the lions by golden boy. Your Thoughts...
checkleft
At this point I think its a good thing Khan didn't fight ortiz.

But imagine if ortiz had khans heart, he might still be undefeated. (Besides the dq, nc, and ties he had)
mgrover
ortiz KOs khan
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 16 2012, 07:13 PM) *
At this point I think its a good thing Khan didn't fight ortiz.

But imagine if ortiz had khans heart, he might still be undefeated. (Besides the dq, nc, and ties he had)

at welterweight i think Khan still beats Ortiz (even after seeing Khan get knocked out), given the right gameplan that does not concern him going for a quick knock out, given his speed and straight punches would probably create all sorts of problems for Ortiz, Ortiz can't handle speed.
Cshel86
As long as Khan doesn't mention Floyd's name before the fight, then he may have a chance...
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 16 2012, 06:31 PM) *
at welterweight i think Khan still beats Ortiz (even after seeing Khan get knocked out), given the right gameplan that does not concern him going for a quick knock out, given his speed and straight punches would probably create all sorts of problems for Ortiz, Ortiz can't handle speed.

He handled bertos speed. But I think your right about if Khan had the right gameplan, but he probably won't. He never follows the gameplan. He has an ego problem sort of like how ortiz seems to have a confidence problem
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 16 2012, 07:52 PM) *
He handled bertos speed. But I think your right about if Khan had the right gameplan, but he probably won't. He never follows the gameplan. He has an ego problem sort of like how ortiz seems to have a confidence problem

Yea, you do have a point there about Berto.

I think Khan wanted to look impressive and make a statement with a knockout to back up his claim of him being a worthy opponent to Mayweather. I think there gameplan for this fight was to get Garcia out of there early because they simply underestimated this kid Garcia's Skill, Power & Heart. They figured Khan was in a whole other class than Garcia, therefore he should've been able to make quick work of him & same goes for Ortiz. I think Khan made this theory clear when he "Promised" (as he never did before) to knock out Garcia at one of there Press Conf..
BrutUalBK
IMHO, Khan has more to prove; he has lost twice in his last outings and he has been hyped far more than Victor Ortiz.
BoxingStill#1
Id like to say Khan by a long shot....

Ortiz went into his recent fights with the black cloud of 'quitting' following him. So the loss to Floyed after starting to fold mentally, and quitting from a broken jaw (tho understood)...is expected from him at this point..

Khan had all the hype from GB, Freddy, and UK... overall way more exposure..

Lets be honest here, who other than hardcore boxing fans knew who Ortiz remotely was before Floyed?

Another point, and most important, I feel Khans losses were more resounding. In other words anyone can get knocked out from a punch they had no defense for, and get their jaw broke in a fight.... Khan fought hard both with Peterson and Garcia and came up short..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.