Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sigh...Not This Guy Again...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
If you dont think that mentioning Mayweather's name as your next opponent, is the hugest jinx out in the boxing world...then check out this raging, gun-jumping, nutjob who cant keep Floyd's name out of his mouth. Guess who? Yep you got it...Mr. Guerrero himself. ONCE AGAIN!

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-plans-...din-bout--55073

He says that he's Floyd's "mandatory" for the WBC WW title, and he hopes that Floyd will "be a man and honor his commitment". Dude seriously?! Once I found out that his upcoming bullshit fight is for the "interim" WBC WW title, I just laughed it off. Does the WBC even do interim titles?

If he believes a belt will get Floyd's attention, then good luck to him. Nothing wrong with calling out the best, but at his frequency, it's nothing less than stalking. We saw Khan get put on the backburner for the 2nd time after calling out Floyd before his upcoming fight, and we know how that ended. He's basically saying that he's going to beat Aydin and be the "interim" champ...

With that said, fuck it...Aydin by TKO.
haqtiq
You know Shel, I like Robert Guerrero, but at the same time.. just go out and fight. Correct me if I am wrong, but Ricky Hatton is the ONLY fighter who called out Mayweather and got him for his next fight. So to your point, you are right, calling out Money is pretty much assuring you'll never face him, even if you are the mandatory. On those Mandatory fights... who was the last Mandatory that Mayweather actually fought.. I've watched all his fights, and I know he faced a couple of guys that were, but name me the last one.. cause it's been awhile.

Anywho, I wish The Ghost the best, and my only advice would be to stop talking.. go out and prove that you are worthy of the paycheck that comes along with fighting Mayweather. A belt wouldn't hurt cause May usually won't fight unless it's a championship fight.
BigDDatHomey
Ay...Floyd could fight him in 3 weeks. After he gets released, he could hit up BK, Miss Jackson, wake up in the morning, jump in the whip, and whoop his ass.

I don't think Rob can beat Floyd senior. Might be a good tune up though on the serious tip. It would be easy work though and a KO.
Cshel86
The list of guys that want to fight Floyd is pretty lengthy and Robert is waaaay in the back. Hell, Floyd promised me a fight, so Im holding him to it. Robert's gotta wait...tough shit.
daprofessor
why u hating on my boy!? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 01:55 AM) *
why u hating on my boy!? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Im soooo tired of this dude crying about a big fight. He's been so inactive over the past year, and before that, he was having personal problems with his wife's health (understood), and he was in and out of the sport then.

After looking at how Pacquiao/Bradley tanked, no way in hell a PPV star is gonna give this dude a shot. He's a pretty good fighter, but trying to pass Go and collect $200 in boxing is nearly impossible.

He needs to get past Aydin, then take on all comers at this point. That punk ass interim belt that he's already claimed (bad mistake) will do nothing for him. Floyd is not chasing belts anymore...Robert is about 5 years too late for that. The WBC (or whatever sanctioning body) needs Floyd more than Floyd needs them.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 17 2012, 09:30 AM) *
laugh.gif

Im soooo tired of this dude crying about a big fight. He's been so inactive over the past year, and before that, he was having personal problems with his wife's health (understood), and he was in and out of the sport then.

After looking at how Pacquiao/Bradley tanked, no way in hell a PPV star is gonna give this dude a shot. He's a pretty good fighter, but trying to pass Go and collect $200 in boxing is nearly impossible.

He needs to get past Aydin, then take on all comers at this point. That punk ass interim belt that he's already claimed (bad mistake) will do nothing for him. Floyd is not chasing belts anymore...Robert is about 5 years too late for that. The WBC (or whatever sanctioning body) needs Floyd more than Floyd needs them.

i wouldn't mine seeing him go out in style taking on all comers. he does have a style that will make for some exciting fights. he also has a chance to beat plenty of the guys out there. let's see what happens.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 03:15 PM) *
i wouldn't mine seeing him go out in style taking on all comers. he does have a style that will make for some exciting fights. he also has a chance to beat plenty of the guys out there. let's see what happens.

The only problem is he wont fight any of those plenty and pulls out of the only meaningful fight in his career because of another one of those infamous phantom injuries that are starting to become so common in the boxing world.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 17 2012, 04:15 PM) *
The only problem is he wont fight any of those plenty and pulls out of the only meaningful fight in his career because of another one of those infamous phantom injuries that are starting to become so common in the boxing world.

shoulder injuries are very common and are tough to deal with. very few come back successfully from them. i was forced to stop boxing because of a bad shoulder.
Franchize
Shel, you know where I stand on this. Fuck Robert Guerrero with a spiked bat! He is a celebrity in his own mind. Floyd dont even care about belts so wtf would he care about mandatories. Dude, you didnt even man up to take on Paulie...and he has the bigger name! On the list of possible Mayweather opponents, Robert Guerrero is about 999th, about one spot below Larry Merchants 50 years younger self. I hope Aydin knocks him out lol. He is literally my least favorite boxer. When is that fight anyway? See? He is a nobody! Lol Go get herpes on your eyeball.
checkleft
Your right they are pretty serious, that's why it raises more questions that he signed a fight so soon after pulling out of the maidana fight.

They guy has obvious skill but his nickname suits him, he doesn't do anything we just here him talk in the backround like some ghost trying to sell his wife's cancer story haunting the boxing world.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 17 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Your right they are pretty serious, that's why it raises more questions that he signed a fight so soon after pulling out of the maidana fight.

They guy has obvious skill but his nickname suits him, he doesn't do anything we just here him talk in the backround like some ghost trying to sell his wife's cancer story haunting the boxing world.

well...i've seen the dude work. he's legit. he was giving pac a run for his money in the gym when pac was on his way up. i've always felt that he had the goods to compete on the highest levels. i can't fault the guy for what his wife went thru. he's a genuine good dude. he's just taking another approach. it's worked for others...david haye talked himself into a big fight....shane did the same....why not give it a try?
checkleft
Idk but he's had his fights pushed back quite a bit too, hopefully he has a good showing because if this streak of delayed fights with upsets keeps going (ortiz, Khan) luck isnt on his side. Haven't seen much from aydin but he looks like a decent boxer with some punching power but who knows how tested he is at this point.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 04:15 PM) *

Its just the whole "calling out the big names" stuff that gets me. Like I said, its common, and which fighter doesn't want a big payday? I completely understand. Problem is, they run into guys in their own league, or their forced into fights, and end up getting their ass handed to them.

Perfect example, Khan getting his paper stapled by Garcia. Who'da thunk such a thing a would happen? (excuse my ebonics) Point is, when they lose to guys on their level, it makes them look like they believe their own hype and they were trying to duck these guys all along.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 17 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Shel, you know where I stand on this. Fuck Robert Guerrero with a spiked bat! He is a celebrity in his own mind. Floyd dont even care about belts so wtf would he care about mandatories. Dude, you didnt even man up to take on Paulie...and he has the bigger name! On the list of possible Mayweather opponents, Robert Guerrero is about 999th, about one spot below Larry Merchants 50 years younger self. I hope Aydin knocks him out lol. He is literally my least favorite boxer. When is that fight anyway? See? He is a nobody! Lol Go get herpes on your eyeball.

Hahahahaha!!!

I agree! Guerrero does put on shows when he fights, because of his vulnerability at times, it always makes for a decent fight. Anyhow, he overpriced himself when he gave Paulie the thumbs down, pulled out of the Maidana fight because of an injury, and became the boxing world's #1 ass-chapper after that.

No way in hell he was even healed up enough to fight, but he was calling everybody out. He reminded me of an old angry man in a wheelchair, that no one wants to give hell because he's hurt. He needs to take on all comers and then we can make an assessment of him.
Franchize
My thing is, how you gonna question someones manhood when every fight you get with someone of notoriety, you pull out of. "Finish your breakfast". Fight Paulie and Maidana, both of whixh have names bigger than yours. Then you have grounds to pop shit. Its the same way I felt about Bradley. He ducked Khan, so how the fuck are you worthy of a Pacquiao fight?
mrchitown
He doesn't deserve a big money fight..plain and simple. Even if he beats Aydin, WTF does that prove?

It's like an epidemic of mediocre fighters calling out big name fighters, and I believe in common sense and common sense should tell them (mundine, bundrage, guererro, etc.) that no one wants to fight them because they aint done nothing. Somebody brought up the fact that after He pulled out of the Maidana fight, that his ego just seemed to explode and that's actually true. The guy's last win was almost 2yrs ago. I can't co-sign him or anyone who backs his statements. He's delusional
daprofessor
after jumping 2 weightclasses....and coming off a 15 month layoff due to injury....i think he's earned a shot at floyd. he put him self in the front of the line by beating aydin and winning the interim title. that makes him floyds wbc mandatory. either floyd faces him or vacates. it doesn't matter what any of us think about it.

with floyd coming out of jail...it's a fight that makes sense. he knocks off some of the ring rust....gets in more southpaw work just in case the pac fight ever materializes. i doubt it will. but whatever the case...guerrero is one of boxings good guys....i wouldn't mind seeing the fight. i'd prefer cotto/floyd 2 at msg tbo...but this one will work too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.