Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired of Being #2...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
As most of us predicted after watching his Behind The Ropes segment...he sound like he's tired of being #2. I've just read an interview from him, and with these words, to me, I believe Freddie will tell him to stick a rocket up his ass and fly away. Check it out...

It is hard when you are with Manny and have to be the No.2. Every fight is a big fight for me.

Im at the stage where I can make no more mistakes. I need to do things that benefit me and stop thinking about others, which Ive been doing my entire life. In the end, its me who gets in the ring.

Now is the best time to sort these things out and my team will talk things over with Freddie. Im sure he will understand because hes been a fighter too.

I love training in LA and the great sparring I get there. I know we work on the right things on *offence, but we have to work on the defence too.

Its about going back to the drawing board and Im going to have to do that.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-plans-big-...-rematch--55079

Again, with words like that, he sounds like he's tired of being thought of AFTER Manny, who gets most of Freddie's time (for obvious monetary reasons). He also makes a point that he doesn't want to split with Roach, but who knows. Dude does need a new trainer who can spend more time with him.

Khan also said that he would love to have a rematch with Garcia...in England. laugh.gif Forget about it Khan, seriously...forget about it. You lost fair and square, you got knocked out.

Thoughts?
pacco_diablo
He could dig up good ol Buddy McGirt and have all the attention that he wants. "Come on baby." "You're the champ baby."
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM) *
As most of us predicted after watching his Behind The Ropes segment...he sound like he's tired of being #2. I've just read an interview from him, and with these words, to me, I believe Freddie will tell him to stick a rocket up his ass and fly away. Check it out...

Again, with words like that, he sounds like he's tired of being thought of AFTER Manny, who gets most of Freddie's time (for obvious monetary reasons). He also makes a point that he doesn't want to split with Roach, but who knows. Dude does need a new trainer who can spend more time with him.

Khan also said that he would love to have a rematch with Garcia...in England. laugh.gif Forget about it Khan, seriously...forget about it. You lost fair and square, you got knocked out.

Thoughts?

he must be reading my posts. laugh.gif

amir...give me a call. i'll get ur defense right. smile.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 01:54 AM) *

You called it late last week about him that Wild Card gym mess. I have a feeling Roach is gonna find the easy way out and let Khan roll off. Freddie's lookin' bad nowadays, and his fighters aren't helping it at all.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:04 AM) *
You called it late last week about him that Wild Card gym mess. I have a feeling Roach is gonna find the easy way out and let Khan roll off. Freddie's lookin' bad nowadays, and his fighters aren't helping it at all.

Whats most ironic is the only fighter to officially win is the fighter who he deeals the least with, Chavez. Including pulling Ariza out of the camp......
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:33 AM) *
Whats most ironic is the only fighter to officially win is the fighter who he deeals the least with, Chavez. Including pulling Ariza out of the camp......

Yep, ironic. Dont worry, Freddie will just gravitate more towards Julio and Khan will be #3 from now on.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:01 PM) *

Thoughts?

Afterthoughts are more like he should be thought of after-the-fact because he got KTHO and got what he deserved, and to think this clown believed he could beat Floyd.
bMaK
I'm not going to jump on the "he's finished" bandwagon, but he absolutely has to part with Roach. Dude hasn't progressed.

The first Khan fight I wrote about was Kotelnik. Back then I thought he was a De La Hoya type, has the size, length, speed, a good jab, and all of the tools. After a few more fights, I thought he'd slow down with this wild amateurish flurries, take his time, fight behind his jab, pick his shots and do more counterpunching. He's got all the attributes to do just that. It wasn't until Maidana where I realized it just isn't going to come together. He is who he is as a fighter, at least under Roach. We'll see what happens.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 10:56 AM) *
I'm not going to jump on the "he's finished" bandwagon, but he absolutely has to part with Roach. Dude hasn't progressed.

The first Khan fight I wrote about was Kotelnik. Back then I thought he was a De La Hoya type, has the size, length, speed, a good jab, and all of the tools. After a few more fights, I thought he'd slow down with this wild amateurish flurries, take his time, fight behind his jab, pick his shots and do more counterpunching. He's got all the attributes to do just that. It wasn't until Maidana where I realized it just isn't going to come together. He is who he is as a fighter, at least under Roach. We'll see what happens.

I always knew he was more hype than substance especially after Prescott smashed him so easily/quickly but I cannot believe that I read on places like Boxrec and Doghouse Boxing that people were actually saying he could beat Floyd.
bMaK
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2012, 02:34 PM) *
I always knew he was more hype than substance especially after Prescott smashed him so easily/quickly but I cannot believe that I read on places like Boxrec and Doghouse Boxing that people were actually saying he could beat Floyd.

Don't read it. There's fools everywhere man, I don't read shit- just get the news, use my two eyes and brain to get to everything else. So much of these jokers have no clue what they're talking about, tryna read all that shit will just dumb you down.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 17 2012, 09:45 AM) *
Yep, ironic. Dont worry, Freddie will just gravitate more towards Julio and Khan will be #3 from now on.

u know what sucks? vanes left the wildcard a few years back because he wasn't getting any attention from freddie. he was in houston with ronnie shields. he ends up back in l.a. and freddie forces him to sign an contract/agreement. i don't go to that gym as much as i used to...but the few times i did go, i never saw him working with freddie. in his prep for the ouma fight....i saw ariza supervising his sparring. not sure what it's like now...but i wouldn't be surprised if he was working with someone else. the wildcard...much like hollywood itself....is filled with ppl waiting to be chosen. smh.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 04:08 PM) *
u know what sucks? vanes left the wildcard a few years back because he wasn't getting any attention from freddie. he was in houston with ronnie shields. he ends up back in l.a. and freddie forces him to sign an contract/agreement. i don't go to that gym as much as i used to...but the few times i did go, i never saw him working with freddie. in his prep for the ouma fight....i saw ariza supervising his sparring. not sure what it's like now...but i wouldn't be surprised if he was working with someone else. the wildcard...much like hollywood itself....is filled with ppl waiting to be chosen. smh.

Honestly, fame has gotten Roach to this level as of the past 4 years. As you made a point of last week, the guys in his stable have came up off of good matchmaking, but when they run into somebody with a solid chance, they fall short. Half of the time, those fighters are overlooked from jump.

Vanes is a decent fighter, but as you said, he did the right thing by leaving. Why did this dude come back? Who knows. I saw that clip of him sparking Julio up in sparring, lol. Funny stuff.
BigFightFan
SURE KHAN! Let's blame it all on roach, it's never your fault.
neophyte7
Khan just got knocked the fuck out... he needs to shut the fuck up and get back in the gym...
Franchize
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 18 2012, 07:38 AM) *
Khan just got knocked the fuck out... he needs to shut the fuck up and get back in the gym...

I dont think he's not taking ownership of that. I think this is like a cry for help honestly lol He's screaming "MAKE ME A BOXER PLEASE" lol. Freddy Roach fighters are like the guys at the NFL combine who are just freakish athletes. They have tons of talent but not much skill. Theres a difference. If you wrote Khan's physical attributes and talents on a paper, you'd think he was a phenomenal fighter. However, he hasn't honed his talents and made them skills. It's encouragin that he recognizes exactly what needs to be worked on. Its up to Freddy whether he'll work on em or say fuck Amir, Manny is my guy and I'm a Hall of Famer doing exactly what I've been doing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 17 2012, 08:38 PM) *
SURE KHAN! Let's blame it all on roach, it's never your fault.

if he fires roach then view it as him blaming him....if he stays....that's taking personal responsibility.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 18 2012, 03:38 PM) *
I dont think he's not taking ownership of that. I think this is like a cry for help honestly lol He's screaming "MAKE ME A BOXER PLEASE" lol. Freddy Roach fighters are like the guys at the NFL combine who are just freakish athletes. They have tons of talent but not much skill. Theres a difference. If you wrote Khan's physical attributes and talents on a paper, you'd think he was a phenomenal fighter. However, he hasn't honed his talents and made them skills. It's encouragin that he recognizes exactly what needs to be worked on. Its up to Freddy whether he'll work on em or say fuck Amir, Manny is my guy and I'm a Hall of Famer doing exactly what I've been doing.

Well said.. The guy has dimensions but fights like an amateur... No defense.. hell he even did not have the instincts to clinch.. Had he clinched and gathered himself rather than try to stand in fight he may have survived.....
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 16 2012, 10:54 PM) *

Yea, give him a call. He's a self proclaimed trainer of 35+ years, at least thats what he says on the message board. If it really is true give out your name and credtials. He's trained champions, olympians and the who's who of boxings best. And he has connections. LOL. What a joke. This has got to be the funniest post in a while.
mgrover
reminds of an amatuer gym here was have burmantofts amature boxing club, so much bullshit politics goes on in that place, and only if you have talent and a name people will actually look in your direction
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 18 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Yea, give him a call. He's a self proclaimed trainer of 35+ years, at least thats what he says on the message board. If it really is true give out your name and credtials. He's trained champions, olympians and the who's who of boxings best. And he has connections. LOL. What a joke. This has got to be the funniest post in a while.

thanks. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.