Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's the PAC-FAN's, why so quiet?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Anybody notice the certain decline in Pacland? In articles as well as comment sections where a year or 2 ago would be filled with men, women & children hanging on to any comment thrown against the idol from the Philipines. It use to be more excuses than one, now the only excuse I hear is "...". What happend, did it really take a controversial win by Tim Bradley to rid most of PAC-FAN's away from boxing?
daprofessor
shhhh! stop or they'll be back! unsure.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 18 2012, 03:43 PM) *
shhhh! stop or they'll be back! unsure.gif

Lol
Cshel86
Pac fans never die...they're like T-1000 from the terminator movie.
checkleft
They moved on to tim tebow or Jeremy Lin.
mgrover
am a fan of pacman, whats wrong with it?
BoxingStill#1
They are all in mourning......

But they be a comin back!
pacco_diablo
Isnt everyone a Pac fan? I mean the guy has pretty much proven that he'll fight ANYONE. Whats not to like about the guy?
Franchize
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 19 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Isnt everyone a Pac fan? I mean the guy has pretty much proven that he'll fight ANYONE. Whats not to like about the guy?

pacco_diablo
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 19 2012, 10:16 AM) *

A bit of both... I'm just always curious to know what people dont like about him.
mgrover
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 19 2012, 03:33 PM) *
A bit of both... I'm just always curious to know what people dont like about him.

there stuck to hanging on floyds every word wink.gif

but realistically even as a fan some decisions i dont agree with, like not taking the random drug testing, not fighting cotto and margs at 154. But the rest am fine with, like the delahoya fight people dont seem to understand how small he really is, if you look at his frame its obvious how small he really is
Cshel86
Im a fan of his as well, and as MG mentioned, Im just not a fan of some of the decisions made by his team and promoter. One other thing I dont like about him, is how he tries to play dumb about everything, not cool.

His team has been making a deal about the weight of his opponents a long time ago. Hell, I remember Morales had to strip down at the weigh-in of their first fight to make weight. It was obvious that Erik couldn't make 130 anymore, as evidenced by his LW fight with Raheem after the first Pac fight.

Then Pac's team tried to screw him with the weight stipulation and the ridiculous fee in the rematch, had he not made weight. He was dead man in the 3rd fight, no matter how you slice it. I hated Erik's habits between fights, but seriously, they shouldn't have fought for the 3rd time...dude looked like Rios at the weigh-in.

Anyhow, hardcore Mayweather fans DO hang on to his every word. Im Mayweather fan as well, and history has proven that most of the stuff that he and his camp were saying, is coming to light. The best thing to do is take his words with a grain of salt when he speaks them, and let future events solidify them, if its true.
Franchize
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 19 2012, 10:33 AM) *

I used to be a big fan of his. I think once he lost the fire No Fear trunks, he lost me lol J/K. But in all seriousness, I don't hate him. I just don't like how he handles business...or the lack there of. He isn't the first fighter to get fucked ove by a promoter and won't be the last. And I'm not saying he should stand in Bob Arum's face like some tythe fact that pe of martyr and activist. Its easier said than done. But I have a problem with he knows he's been a puppet but he's allowed Arum to tarnish the career and legacy of Mayweather even though he knows good and damn well Arum is the reason they aren't fighting. I know you're thinking, "why should he care about Mayweather?". He shouldn't. But allow me to explain. If I have beef with you, and we wanna fight you but we haven't. Say we're at a club or something, and we're about to throw down, and my friend pulls a bitch move like sucker punches you, or pulls out a weapon or runs, I'm not going to then allow him to say you were scared to throw down and allow him to actlike he was all big and bad. That's a bitch move where I'm from...whether it's your boy or not.

I also have a big problem with a grown ass man and a boxer filing a defamation of character against another boxer. Boxing is one of the few sports where if you don't like a guy, you literally get paid to let your anger out on him. You want Mayweather to negotiate with you but your going to file defamation against him? If you're so mad...just beat him up! Ya whole camp said the Mayweather fight would be easy and boring anyway. Shut him up!

I also did a lot of digging underneath the surface, long before I joined this site, about the PED thing surrounding him and his camp AND the negotiations. Some of the things I found are pretty well known at this point but some are still pretty eye opening and upsetting. Two things I always preach that I hate in sports are cheaters and quitters.

End of the day, I don't not like Manny. I don't like his team. I despise Arum. I respect Freddy for his stature in the boxing world, but he's a cheater also so he loses points with me. I don't like that prick Konz. One minute Arum is trying to fire you. The next minute, you're conspiring with him. Also, as I've told many of you before, I have a friend who's cool with Manny. He chilled with him before almost every fight except the Bradley one. He told me some thing about how those guys treat Manny, especially because he's a foreigner. It's VERY disturbing and disgusting...especially since theres plenty of money to be made for everyone. Arum not only wants to make money, he wants to freeze the opposition from making any simultaneously.
BrutUalBK
Pac's fans are still around, it's just that a huge chunk of their bravado has been wiped off their sleeves since Tim Bradley easily beat him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 19 2012, 01:04 PM) *
Pac's fans are still around, it's just that a huge chunk of their bravado has been wiped off their sleeves since Tim Bradley easily beat him.

28 have tried....28 have failed!!!! laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 19 2012, 02:38 PM) *
28 have tried....28 have failed!!!! laugh.gif

lmaoooooo He definitely said that too. I told yall it's the cool new thing to do. Bite a Floyd Mayweather phrase before a fight and call him out after the fight lol
BoxingStill#1
All jokes aside, Im a fan also. Or is it I just enjoy watching him fight. Idk... either way a good thing

But lets make one thing clear, since the entire Ped thing came about and became a real issue as to the failure in negotiations with Floyed, weve seen a decline.

Now we can attribute this to many things, (the opponent, other endevours), but if you add this with the fact that he doesnt look as ripped as usual it becomes suspiciously coincidental...

Im not implying he is, Id just like to know the fighter I enjoy watching is the truth. Thats my only beef

neophyte7
Arum planned the Bradley win.. Now the clamor for a mayweather fight is done and he can prevent Pac from getting embarrased.. LMAO I watched Cotto Mayweather again... whoever thinks that fight was close is as knowledgeable as a casual fan... Mayweather gave the fans what they wanted and Cotto was beaten easily... Pac wold be beaten more easily... THE THRILL IS GONE PAC FANS....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 19 2012, 01:38 PM) *
I also have a big problem with a grown ass man and a boxer filing a defamation of character against another boxer. Boxing is one of the few sports where if you don't like a guy, you literally get paid to let your anger out on him. You want Mayweather to negotiate with you but your going to file defamation against him?

That's ALLLL Arum bro, all Arum. I bet Manny didn't even give a damn about the PED accusations, to be honest. Arum just saw it as a guy that he hates is trying to ruin his media-manufactured product (Manny), and Manny doesn't have enough sense to speak up or say the right things, so to speak.
mgrover
I think real pac fans see were hes gone wrong while the actual pactards, glory supporters etc etc i bet its the same with floyd fans and those that jumped on the band wagon. I think the day arum dies is the day i do the naked mile through my town centre
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 20 2012, 10:38 AM) *
I think real pac fans see were hes gone wrong while the actual pactards, glory supporters etc etc i bet its the same with floyd fans and those that jumped on the band wagon. I think the day arum dies is the day i do the naked mile through my town centre

I'm pretty sure the "pactards" are the ones this thread was intended for. The skip bayless type of boxing fans
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 18 2012, 07:14 PM) *
They moved on to tim tebow or Jeremy Lin.

Poor Tebow and Lin. They have no idea what's in store. Pacquaio was the master at making sure that they never turned on him. Not sure if Tebow and Lin are that savvy.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 21 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Poor Tebow and Lin. They have no idea what's in store. Pacquaio was the master at making sure that they never turned on him. Not sure if Tebow and Lin are that savvy.

really? all they have to do is act like they dont know whats going on whenever there in a tough position. they obviously cant use the fact they dont know english but they could always pretend to forget
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 23 2012, 02:21 AM) *
really? all they have to do is act like they dont know whats going on whenever there in a tough position. they obviously cant use the fact they dont know english but they could always pretend to forget

Ha!! True, it's basic stuff, but he gives it 100%. The not knowing English is big though. Tebow can also play the religion card, but the Saint still trumps him on that one...
BoxingFan86
I'm a Pacquiao fan, but I'm a boxin' fan 1st.
duwdu
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 19 2012, 01:38 PM) *
I used to be a big fan of his. I think once he lost the fire No Fear trunks, he lost me lol J/K. But in all seriousness, I don't hate him. I just don't like how he handles business...or the lack there of. He isn't the first fighter to get fucked ove by a promoter and won't be the last. And I'm not saying he should stand in Bob Arum's face like some tythe fact that pe of martyr and activist. Its easier said than done. But I have a problem with he knows he's been a puppet but he's allowed Arum to tarnish the career and legacy of Mayweather even though he knows good and damn well Arum is the reason they aren't fighting. I know you're thinking, "why should he care about Mayweather?". He shouldn't. But allow me to explain. If I have beef with you, and we wanna fight you but we haven't. Say we're at a club or something, and we're about to throw down, and my friend pulls a bitch move like sucker punches you, or pulls out a weapon or runs, I'm not going to then allow him to say you were scared to throw down and allow him to actlike he was all big and bad. That's a bitch move where I'm from...whether it's your boy or not.

I also have a big problem with a grown ass man and a boxer filing a defamation of character against another boxer. Boxing is one of the few sports where if you don't like a guy, you literally get paid to let your anger out on him. You want Mayweather to negotiate with you but your going to file defamation against him? If you're so mad...just beat him up! Ya whole camp said the Mayweather fight would be easy and boring anyway. Shut him up!

I also did a lot of digging underneath the surface, long before I joined this site, about the PED thing surrounding him and his camp AND the negotiations. Some of the things I found are pretty well known at this point but some are still pretty eye opening and upsetting. Two things I always preach that I hate in sports are cheaters and quitters.

End of the day, I don't not like Manny. I don't like his team. I despise Arum. I respect Freddy for his stature in the boxing world, but he's a cheater also so he loses points with me. I don't like that prick Konz. One minute Arum is trying to fire you. The next minute, you're conspiring with him. Also, as I've told many of you before, I have a friend who's cool with Manny. He chilled with him before almost every fight except the Bradley one. He told me some thing about how those guys treat Manny, especially because he's a foreigner. It's VERY disturbing and disgusting...especially since theres plenty of money to be made for everyone. Arum not only wants to make money, he wants to freeze the opposition from making any simultaneously.

I'm in total agreement with Franchize. Plus, Manny attempts to, or simply plays dumb (like Cshel also pointed out,) a lot of times. That, indeed, ain't cool.

P34c3
duwdu
Hi BoxingFan86... no offense or disrespect intended, but, seeing as you're a fan of Pac, did you lose a bet such that you're having to wear your current avatar? Or you're simply pro-OSDT?

P34c3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.