Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De La Hoya comparing his Pacquiao fight with 'Canelo' Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BlueMercury
At 0:55

mgrover
the mans a fool, mainly because in the pac fight pac had the weight advantage some how, while de la hoya was so fucked he was rehydrating via IVs
Cshel86
I take it that Oscar hasn't kicked that coke habit yet...
daprofessor
exhibit A:

check the :35 mark.

keep in mind that jose basically came up from 135 for this fight. i actually like josesito's chances much better than j.cotto's chances.

check the 4:45 mark for the bullshit stoppage. smh.
checkleft
^^ to be real though this was the first time alvarez fought someone that even resembled a boxer. And alvarez is much bigger than what he was back then. But its sad that a 154 champ seems to be against stiff competition with a guy who just came up from 140 and was losing in his biggest fight to date but won because of an injury. Not trying to knock josesito it just speaks volumes about Canelo.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 19 2012, 02:23 AM) *
^^ to be real though this was the first time alvarez fought someone that even resembled a boxer. And alvarez is much bigger than what he was back then. But its sad that a 154 champ seems to be against stiff competition with a guy who just came up from 140 and was losing in his biggest fight to date but won because of an injury. Not trying to knock josesito it just speaks volumes about Canelo.

point is....cotto came up to 147 from 135. that's 2 divisions. josesito will be doing the same...but he actually has a height advantage. also...he created that injury. it wasn't like ortiz broke his own jaw. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 19 2012, 06:43 PM) *
point is....cotto came up to 147 from 135. that's 2 divisions. josesito will be doing the same...but he actually has a height advantage. also...he created that injury. it wasn't like ortiz broke his own jaw. laugh.gif

Great point! I totally didn't know that J. Cotto came up two weight classes for that fight. I just remember his fight with Juan Diaz at 135.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 19 2012, 12:17 AM) *
exhibit A:

check the :35 mark.

keep in mind that jose basically came up from 135 for this fight. i actually like josesito's chances much better than j.cotto's chances.

check the 4:45 mark for the bullshit stoppage. smh.

Terrible stoppage by the way. Canelo has improved since that fight and should win easily against lopez
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 19 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Terrible stoppage by the way. Canelo has improved since that fight and should win easily against lopez

very bad stoppage...but it's jose cotto...so no one cares. i really haven't seen any improvement in the kid...just better opponent selection. win or lose....i get the feeling josesito is going to make canelo look bad. i think oscar is setting him up for failure. he ain't trying to have anyone shine more than he did. he may not be fighting anymore but that ego is still in tact. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.