Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHype UK: Roger Mayweather talks Khan,
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cheesey1
Here are the latest articles on UK.fighthype.com, with links:

Amir Khan Press Conference Video: Amir talks of time with Roach, Floyd Mayweather’s camp and staying at 140 for Garcia Rematch
- Khan's press conference in Bolton, lots discussed

WEEKEND IN BOXING – 20/7 to 21/7: BRONER/ESCOBEDO; BURGOS/VAZQUEZ; ACOSTA/HOVHANNISYAN, THURMAN/LORA; PEREZ/CANO.
- What's on and what to expect. From FNF, to 'the Problem', Telefutura and Fox Deportes' GBP's showcase.
- Weekend in Boxing - FNF, BoxNation/HBO, Showtime, Telefutura, Fox Deportes

ROGER MAYWEATHER: “AMIR KHAN HAS TO BELIEVE IN HIMSELF”
-Video interview with the one and the only Roger Mayweather on Amir Khan and of course some discussion on Khan's fighting style.
-Roger Mayweather video interview re. Amir Khan

ROUND-UP OF TODAYS BOXING NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
-Some of the latest news.
-Latest boxing news as of 17th July

Frank and the Board: ‘If things don’t change, I may opt not to hold a licence with the present Board'
- In this corner we have Frank Warren and in the other corner we have certain people in the BBBoC....
- Frank Warren doesn't mince his words.
Cheesey1
Since CShel hasn't made the FNF thread (pointing fingers)....

I completely forgot that Brewer is the guy from NBCSports' Fight Night who made that classic comment about Roach & Pacquaio when he was being interviewed afterwards.

He looks a lot better today, but as Freddie is saying he shouldn't be fighting as unintelligentlly as he is today. The jab was working beautifully and instead he's literally gone down to Martinez level?

Brewer's still ahead by one round and one round was possibly a draw .
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Since CShel hasn't made the FNF thread (pointing fingers)....

Trying to lose that finger buddy??? cool.gif

Anyway, I was reading some of you and Scott's stuff on the front page. Good stuff.

Brewer really isn't doing shit, and YES, he was the ignoramus that made that comment about Roach. What an idiot.
Cheesey1
Brewer's definitely tired and Martinez has landed quite a few nice ones.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Brewer's definitely tired and Martinez has landed quite a few nice ones.

I like these slow guys like Martinez that NEVER give up! It usually makes for a good fight, and sometimes an upset.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:03 PM) *

Anyway, I was reading some of you and Scott's stuff on the front page. Good stuff.

Brewer really isn't doing shit, and YES, he was the ignoramus that made that comment about Roach. What an idiot.

Ha!!

Brewer's definitely wasting his chances and mostly fighting the wrong fight. Nonetheless, for me, the rounds that he won were because of his jab and occasional nice one-two combos. He even did some decent body work. So far I've got it 3 rounds to Brewer, 3 to Martinez and one tied round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:06 PM) *
I like these slow guys like Martinez that NEVER give up! It usually makes for a good fight, and sometimes an upset.

Like what Carson Jones almost did to Kell Brook. Obviously Brook's in a different class from Brewer.
Cshel86
Absolutely agreed on both posts Cheesey. This dude fights a dumb fight for no reason. He'll be confined to FNF or NBC Sports for the rest of his career.
Cheesey1
Brewer's boxing was a little a bit less knuckleheaded and lazy than on NBC, but he still gave Martinez far too many chances. He might have cost himself a boxing match and taken a lot of unnecessary punishment too.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Absolutely agreed on both posts Cheesey. This dude fights a dumb fight for no reason. He'll be confined to FNF or NBC Sports for the rest of his career.

Ha! I hope not, because he showed good hands at times and the jab was crisp when he had the energy. You're probably right though about his prospects.

Teddy needs to chill, the judging made enough sense.
Cshel86
Ha! As soon as that crowd heard "split decision", they didn't wanna hear that shit! laugh.gif

Good win for Martinez! Brewer is an ass, and he's done himself no favors...wonder if they give an interview again...*waiting*
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:03 PM) *

Thanks re. the front page.
Cshel86
Khan gave the fight away, period. No need for a rematch...move on media. I dont like how the public is trying to take away Danny's victory, fuck Khan! Danny came in there and did what he had to do...and if you think about it...nobody looks good against Khan in the first 4 rounds, because he's a 4-round fighter, period.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:15 PM) *
Ha! As soon as that crowd heard "split decision", they didn't wanna hear that shit! laugh.gif

Good win for Martinez! Brewer is an ass, and he's done himself no favors...wonder if they give an interview again...*waiting*

Yup.

ESPN chickened out on the interview. Cowards...
Cshel86
Laughing at my Khan/Garcia prediction last weekend...

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 14 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Ha! Please Jack! I saw you online during the Haye/Chisora fight...thought you were going to post the thread then. There's a reason why I only did the UK thread and not this one. Those "merging accidents" do happen, no sweat.

As for the fight...Khan will start fast and slow down in the middle rounds...where we're used to seeing him take punches. If it's Garcia's left hook that touches him, he'll see the little birdies.

If Khan chooses not to take any chances and fight on the outside all night, then we'll see a boring UD. If Garcia does anything more than walk Khan down, which elevates to chasing him, then hopefully he doesn't walk into anything. I've never seen Garcia have to chase anybody, but he may have to tonight.

I have Garcia by TKO. We all know that Khan is "supposed" to win this one by boxing and circling (or running), but he may start having a mental lapse and feel that he needs to prove himself after the recent loss...then end up doing something risky, which equates to something stupid.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Khan gave the fight away, period. No need for a rematch...move on media. I dont like how the public is trying to take away Danny's victory, fuck Khan! Danny came in there and did what he had to do...and if you think about it...nobody looks good against Khan in the first 4 rounds, because he's a 4-round fighter, period.

Sounds like Khan's back in your bad books. Ouch.

Congrats to Garcia, but I do think that Garcia should give him a rematch (not right away, maybe in a year, or so). Forget the Breidis Prescott sort of double standard. Yeah Khan thought that he'd walk all over Garcia (as did a lot of people), but he still gave an undefeated guy a chance to take his career to the next level, so Garcia should give Khan a shot.
Now, if Khan moves up to 147 and Garcia stays at 140, then Garcia doesn't owe him anything.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Laughing at my Khan/Garcia prediction last weekend...

Wow, spot on with the prediction! Nice one.
Cheesey1
Burgos has landed to the body and head with that left. Vasquez upper body movement looks good, but Burgos is timing him nicely.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Sounds like Khan's back in your bad books. Ouch.

Congrats to Garcia, but I do think that Garcia should give him a rematch (not right away, maybe in a year, or so). Forget the Breidis Prescott sort of double standard. Yeah Khan thought that he'd walk all over Garcia (as did a lot of people), but he still gave an undefeated guy a chance to take his career to the next level, so Garcia should give Khan a shot.
Now, if Khan moves up to 147 and Garcia stays at 140, then Garcia doesn't owe him anything.

Yes he is...he starting that whining shit again...its slowly progressing. Bitching and moaning turns into begging, which turns into him getting what he wants. As you said, he thought and said that he was going to run through Garcia...bad mistake.

It doesn't matter if Danny was undefeated, Khan had waaaay more to lose and had one last chance to impress the public...so he had just as much to lose.

Looks like Khan will prance to 47, but Im sure Danny isn't far behind him...I was getting the indication that he was having a hard time making the weight as well.
Cheesey1
Vasquez is relentless and he's having success, especially just now on the ropes. He's the smaller guy though and if Burgos catches him some more, he might be able to take him out of there.
Cheesey1
Damn!!!
Cshel86
Dammit man!

Whew! Now, you guys already know that I have no mercy on professionals who refuse to take a knee. C'mon Vasquez, you looked dumber getting knocked out, than you would've, had you taken a knee.

Great scrap!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:40 PM) *
Dammit man!

Whew! Now, you guys already know that I have no mercy on professionals who refuse to take a knee. C'mon Vasquez, you looked dumber getting knocked out, than you would've, had you taken a knee.

Great scrap!

Definitely a great scrap.

Burgos looked efficient and dangerous, nice counter punching. Vasquez brought it, but Burgos figured him out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Definitely a great scrap.

Burgos looked efficient and dangerous, nice counter punching. Vasquez brought it, but Burgos figured him out.

Yep, you called it earlier about Burgos timing Vasquez.

This Marlen Esparza chick on the olympic team is hot stuff! I'd tap that!...just wouldn't spar with her...that shit would get personal EVERY time.
Cheesey1
Crazy four rounders...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Yep, you called it earlier about Burgos timing Vasquez.

This Marlen Esparza chick on the olympic team is hot stuff! I'd tap that!...just wouldn't spar with her...that shit would get personal EVERY time.

Ha! Yeah, she's pretty.
Cshel86
These "man cans" and his nasty mohawk isn't working for Woods. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Not a bad first round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:49 PM) *
These "man cans" and his nasty mohawk isn't working for Woods. laugh.gif

His mohawk is a 'fro-hawk. I'm digging it.
Cheesey1
These guys are throwing bombs.

Woods was actually looking respectable in the first, but isn't doing anything in the second. Rather's teeing off.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:51 PM) *
These guys are throwing bombs.

Yep! Those body shots by Rather are telling the story here.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:50 PM) *
His mohawk is a 'fro-hawk. I'm digging it.

LMAO!

Just saw this!
Cshel86
Where's Rather's body work in the 4th???Dude got waaay too excited with the headhunting....

Great scrap though!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Yep! Those body shots by Rather are telling the story here.

LMAO!

Just saw this!

Showtimes's got Art Hovhannisyan vs. Miguel Acosta now.

So this is Rather's pro-debut. I'd watch him again. Woods seemed to have more than he showed tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:04 PM) *
Showtimes's got Art Hovhannisyan vs. Miguel Acosta now.

So this is Rather's pro-debut. I'd watch him again. Woods seemed to have more than he showed tonight.

I totally forgot about this one! I just changed to it!
Cheesey1
Morales isn't throwing his jab.

It's funny, because at times Morales looks like the guy that I'd imagine Roger Mayweather was training and not Santiago. Except for Morales' complete lack of the jab. Santiago hasn't used his jab much, if at all either.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:22 PM) *
Morales isn't throwing his jab.

At all...but he's landing that right. Not at will, but he's still landing it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:28 PM) *
At all...but he's landing that right. Not at will, but he's still landing it.

Yup.
Cheesey1
If these guys were super middleweights and above, someone would be KTFO by now. Probably Santiago.

Maybe even welterweight and above.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:33 PM) *
If these guys were super middleweights and above, someone would be KTFO by now. Probably Santiago.

Maybe even welterweight and above.

Santiago has been countered all night, but Morales is a pubic hair away from landing flush...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Santiago has been countered all night, but Morales is a pubic hair away from landing flush...

As you said, he's landed some crushing right handers. That's my long standing issue with the nature of the beast that is the lower weight divisions. They throw a lot, but they're still one hundred and twenty something pound guys throwing.
Cheesey1
Santiago's a tough guy. I would've liked to have seen him use his jab more, maybe that would've made a difference. Morales ended up looking like the much better boxer.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Santiago's a tough guy. I would've liked to have seen him use his jab more, maybe that would've made a difference. Morales ended up looking like the much better boxer.

Agreed! Santiago seemed a bit too eager to land some hard stuff on Morales, that he ended up leaving himself open the whole fight. I was waiting to see if Morales could put him out for good, but it didn't go down like that.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Agreed! Santiago seemed a bit too eager to land some hard stuff on Morales, that he ended up leaving himself open the whole fight. I was waiting to see if Morales could put him out for good, but it didn't go down like that.

I wonder what Roger Mayweather's going to say to Santiago?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:45 PM) *
I wonder what Roger Mayweather's going to say to Santiago?

I know, right?

OAN: DAMN! Ronda Rousey is hot as fuck! Wouldn't wrestle with the bitch, but damn she's hot. If we ever wrestled, it would get personal EVERY time.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:50 PM) *
I know, right?

OAN: DAMN! Ronda Rousey is hot as fuck! Wouldn't wrestle with the bitch, but damn she's hot. If we ever wrestled, it would get personal EVERY time.

Yes she is.

Hanna Gabriels is another fine young lady. I think that she's hotter than Rousey, but Rousey's definitely got what I'd say "thank you very much" for.
Cheesey1
Hovhannisyan vs. Miguel Acosta.
Cheesey1
Damn, one of those right hands connected! Acosta saved by the bell.
Cshel86
SHIT!!! got caught cold!
Cshel86
I thought Acosta would've been finished in this round...forgot that there are still fighters out there with resolve.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 12:08 AM) *
I thought Acosta would've been finished in this round...forgot that there are still fighters out there with resolve.

Based on the knockdown, me too, but Acosta's been in the ring with both Abril and Rios and held his own. Hohannisyan's in no mood to play around though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.