Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner over weight 3.5lbs
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
Ive been reading a lot of comments on how Escobebo should pull out of the fight but lets be serious people. Broners HBOs new problem child so Escobedo better not over play his hand. If hes lucky his people can shake down Broners team or HBO for some extra money. But if this guy tries to go kicking and screaming he might not ever get a fight on HBO again, let alone headline a main event. Now I know Escobedo is a victim here but HBOs invested in Broner and thats the way it is.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 20 2012, 03:28 PM) *
Ive been reading a lot of comments on how Escobebo should pull out of the fight but lets be serious people. Broners HBOs new problem child so Escobedo better not over play his hand. If hes lucky his people can shake down Broners team or HBO for some extra money. But if this guy tries to go kicking and screaming he might not ever get a fight on HBO again, let alone headline a main event. Now I know Escobedo is a victim here but HBOs invested in Broner and thats the way it is.

We're spoiled. There, I said it. We fans are spoiled. How dare we expect MF to show up w/n the contracted weight limit?
checkleft
We should have seen this coming tho, broner is a big young growing body for this weight. He shouldn't have hung around for so long.
leonthegee
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 20 2012, 02:10 PM) *
We're spoiled. There, I said it. We fans are spoiled. How dare we expect MF to show up w/n the contracted weight limit?

I said dude was a victim but the show must go on.
mgrover
at least he didnt drain himself and create problems for himself
leonthegee
Broners got to weigh in tomorrow at 930am. He cant weigh over 140 so he better go to bed without dinner tonight.
boxingloner
The responses on here are stupid and idiotic. Broner could have made weight. All this he is young and growing is all BS. BEing young means it's easier to make weight. The older you get he harder it is to shed weight. I take Broner deliberately not making weight as him not having total confidence in this one. Any other fighter besides Broner or Mayweather not making weight will get lynched by everyone here at fighthype. But being that this place is everything pro mayweather or pro Broner making weight is no big thing. Escobedo IMO is a very very live dog and has a great chance at a upset. Personally I think he will do it. But for Broner deliberately not making weight means he's very concerned and he knows Escobedo is not going to be easy like his previous tomato cans he has fought.

For the ones that says he young and his body is growing so he can't make weight is all BS. Being that Broner slurps on everything PBF and same for everyone here at fighthype, this is just Broners PBF VS Marquez moment.
Kratza
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 21 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Broners got to weigh in tomorrow at 930am. He cant weigh over 140 so he better go to bed without dinner tonight.

I dont see how thats fair, although im a Broner fan, it cant be fair if a Jr Welterweight is fighting a super featherweight, im not saying Broner is a Jr WW but he could fight at that weight in this fight if he wanted to
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 20 2012, 06:03 PM) *
I said dude was a victim but the show must go on.

That shot was at Broner's inability to make weight, not your post. My bad for the mislead
BigFightFan
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 20 2012, 07:33 PM) *
The responses on here are stupid and idiotic. Broner could have made weight. All this he is young and growing is all BS. BEing young means it's easier to make weight. The older you get he harder it is to shed weight. I take Broner deliberately not making weight as him not having total confidence in this one. Any other fighter besides Broner or Mayweather not making weight will get lynched by everyone here at fighthype. But being that this place is everything pro mayweather or pro Broner making weight is no big thing. Escobedo IMO is a very very live dog and has a great chance at a upset. Personally I think he will do it. But for Broner deliberately not making weight means he's very concerned and he knows Escobedo is not going to be easy like his previous tomato cans he has fought.

For the ones that says he young and his body is growing so he can't make weight is all BS. Being that Broner slurps on everything PBF and same for everyone here at fighthype, this is just Broners PBF VS Marquez moment.

Why are you on this site that you hate so much? Why respond if you think the comments or stupid and idiotic? Escobedo has a chance just like josesito and khan, but on paper it's an mismatch.
JammyJam
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 20 2012, 07:33 PM) *

What is so stupid and idiotic that was said? No one is cheering Broner on for not making weight, we all just understand the circumstance. He wasn't making weight, no reason to drain himself to try and be at a disadvantage. I don't think he is concerned at all about Escobedo, I think broner is someone who walks around at 148-149 as his trainer said in previous videos, and is cutting more than his body will allow. That is the reason for the move to 135 next. Calm down dude.
checkleft
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 20 2012, 06:33 PM) *

The only person that's stupid and idiotic is you for being on a site that you seem to hate.. nobody on here is even defending broner or talking about Floyd bro, your trying to make this some battle that its not.

boxingloner
QUOTE (JammyJam @ Jul 20 2012, 07:53 PM) *
What is so stupid and idiotic that was said? No one is cheering Broner on for not making weight, we all just understand the circumstance. He wasn't making weight, no reason to drain himself to try and be at a disadvantage. I don't think he is concerned at all about Escobedo, I think broner is someone who walks around at 148-149 as his trainer said in previous videos, and is cutting more than his body will allow. That is the reason for the move to 135 next. Calm down dude.

Where is the outrage for a fighter not making weight? What, Broner has a hip hop style or he's a fellow black man so people on here give him a pass? Or just say we understand. I remember not to long ago there was major outrage for JL Castillo not making weight for his fight with Corrales or Joan Guzman for not making weight for his fights. People wanted these guys out of boxing for that stuff. Fighters not making weight is just another reason boxing is not trusted by the regular public. Do people on here have integrity and can put boxing first even above their favorite fighters? If Broner was only a pound or so over that's one thing but the dude was 3.5 pounds over. He knew he wasn't going to make weight, so he said f-it I'll pull the same BS PBF pulled against Marquez. Broner didn't even try to lose those 3.5 pounds after weighing in and never wanted to try. I think there should be more outrage than the BS line of I undestand why he didnt.
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 20 2012, 09:38 PM) *
The only person that's stupid and idiotic is you for being on a site that you seem to hate.. nobody on here is even defending broner or talking about Floyd bro, your trying to make this some battle that its not.

You the idiot because I never said i hated this site. I post on a lot of sites and find that this one happens to be very pro PBF. Im just stating the obvious.
checkleft
No ones even talking about Floyd, see what I mean..sounds like your thinking about Floyd more than any pro Floyd guy here. This isn't boxingscene where we want every thread to be about Floyd and manny

No one is even defending broner here, Smh..

He got stripped, fined, and if he doesn't make that 140 tomorrow the fight could be off, and if he does make it he could be drained and lose deservedly so..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.