Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner weighs in at 143 this morning.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-c...ight-off--55229

How crasy is this shit. I wonder what HBO is gonna do about thier new.problem child.
KOpower
Broner isn't to be taken seriously yet. He clearly isn't as committed to the sport as he should be, he has fought below-average competition compared to his talents, and he runs his mouth too much.

I am somewhat glad that this fight is off. The card was terrible. I am sick of HBO putting on crap fights because they involve Al Haymon fighters.
BigFightFan
I guess he can say goodbye to that 300k. I thought to myself yesterday that he wouldn't make weight after he did the interview at a bar and girl. I'm sure he ate good lol
checkleft
Good for escobedo, he did the right thing.
Cshel86
...but nobody trains harder than him? Riiiiight...

xxxxxx
I'm hearing a lot of people( not really here though) compare Broner to Mayweather because he missed weight. That is stretching it I would say. Yes their styles are comparable, but Mayweather has missed weight 1 time in his entire 43 fight career from my understanding and it wasnt no 3.5 lbs. Mayweather has been solid and professional when it comes to the weight. Also in the 1 fight he did miss it was Still a welterweight fight. I think Marquez was around 142 and Mayweather around 145-146.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:59 AM) *
...but nobody trains harder than him? Riiiiight...

Hopefully young Broner will get a lesson of humilaty. Broner needs more time on the bag and less time in the studio. Although it could be hes just too big for this weight. Broner looked to be in shape.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 21 2012, 01:11 PM) *
I'm hearing a lot of people( not really here though) compare Broner to Mayweather because he missed weight. That is stretching it I would say. Yes their styles are comparable, but Mayweather has missed weight 1 time in his entire 43 fight career from my understanding and it wasnt no 3.5 lbs. Mayweather has been solid and professional when it comes to the weight. Also in the 1 fight he did miss it was Still a welterweight fight. I think Marquez was around 142 and Mayweather around 145-146.

If people could blame Mayweather for the atrocity that is Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, they would.
Cheesey1
Broner definitely messed up. HBO should still show the card. So what if the gate sucks (becomes non-existent)? They should take the loss and show people like me some boxing.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 21 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Broner definitely messed up. HBO should still show the card. So what if the gate sucks (becomes non-existent)? They should take the loss and show people like me some boxing.

+1

Or they should just show some non televised fights and put the undercard as the main event
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 21 2012, 01:31 PM) *

+1

Or they should just show some non televised fights and put the undercard as the main event
boxingloner
This really sucks. Damn I was really looking forward to this fight. Unlike most people I know it wasn't going to be a one sided fight. I actually thought Escobedo was going to do it as he is a very very live underdog. To think he came in 3.5 pounds over the original weight, then after negotiating a morning weigh in for both fighter to be at 140 he comes in 3 pounds over that. Who does this scrub think he is? Does he think he's bigger than the sport? The dude hasn't earned the right to be a shot caller in the sport? I mean he won a title the same way Berto, Canelo, and Jr won titles, fighting guys who shouldnt be fighting for titles, which is another problem boxing has. Broner should just shut the F-up, stop all that hair combing bs and his talk like he is some king of boxing and get back to boxing. Yea he has looked great in his last couple of fights but damn look at who you are fighting.

This sucks as I had a feeling this fight was going to be a FOTY canidate and another upset. Broner just might be another Joan Guzman type and be a waste of talent. I hope not though because he has some potential. For Broner and his team and all the Al Haymon crew, eat a dick.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 21 2012, 01:40 PM) *
+1

That would be cool too.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 21 2012, 11:17 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-c...ight-off--55229

How crasy is this shit. I wonder what HBO is gonna do about thier new.problem child.

Fight has not been formally cancelled yet.
mgrover
maybe broner should forget lightweight and make it to jr welterweight and actually fight somebody that will be a problem
xxxxxx
Is the fight officially off? Ive heard conflicting reports.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 21 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Is the fight officially off? Ive heard conflicting reports.

Same here.

Hopefully GBP release an official update soon.

What's going to be interesting is to see which boxing people are crucifying Broner over this, but were nowhere as vocal when other boxers were over the limit. I think that I'll start making a list ('coz I don't have a life and this is what I do).
xxxxxx
This could all be a marketing or conspiracy plot here. The guy didnt even try to make the weight...is it possible his team did this on purpose?? Only to make the fans and boxing community Not like this guy to bring in more tickets in the futre? Seroiusly...controversy and hatred/love sells and always will.
Cshel86
Well the fight doesn't air until 10PM, so until then, Im not worried about it. I've read conflicting reports as well, but as of late, everyone is saying that negotiations are still going on. In my eyes, this isn't a huge fight. A good one, yes, but nothing to cry about...but just like everyone else here, I WAS looking forward to a night of boxing. LOL
Jovi
i wanna see some sort of fight. Khan and garcia was nice, i wouldnt mind a KO smile.gif
Jack 1000
A Fightnews reporter talked to three WBO Officials and they said they don't know if the fight is going on or not:

http://www.fightnews.com/

IMO, with that type of confusion and chaos, the fight should be postponed. Too much "negative" stuff going into the match to get a clear picture on things. Broner being overweight AFTER even doing a second weigh-in his reprehensible. If the fight goes on, it just makes HBO look bad because they still got to bring out Lamply's pom-poms to give Broner a payday when he doesn't deserve it because of the weight issue.

If you don't make weight and the opponent does not agree to still fight, kill the fight and fine Broner for the weight gain issue. Don't have Broner be like Chavez where he's allowed to gain as much as he wants and HBO and the WBC could care less. Broner's fight should be scrapped.

Jack
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 03:46 PM) *
Well the fight doesn't air until 10PM, so until then, Im not worried about it. I've read conflicting reports as well, but as of late, everyone is saying that negotiations are still going on. In my eyes, this isn't a huge fight. A good one, yes, but nothing to cry about...but just like everyone else here, I WAS looking forward to a night of boxing. LOL

If the fight goes on I truly believe this was some sort of predetermined plan on Broners side. If the fight happens and Broner goes on to Destroy this kid the boxing community is gonna light up with even More hatred towards this guy. Al Haymon and Co. will have accomplished what they set out to do. It jumps Broner up on the "You must watch TV" in the future.
xxxxxx
Told the fight Will Happen.
sduck
This fight is labeled on schedule on HBO
boxingloner
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 21 2012, 02:03 PM) *
If the fight goes on I truly believe this was some sort of predetermined plan on Broners side. If the fight happens and Broner goes on to Destroy this kid the boxing community is gonna light up with even More hatred towards this guy. Al Haymon and Co. will have accomplished what they set out to do. It jumps Broner up on the "You must watch TV" in the future.

Maybe your outlandish theory is true. If it is, that is the stupidest ploy to get fans. For me I know I really have no interest in Broners fights in the future. Even though I've been a die hard fan for over 30 years boxing is really turning me off with the bouts they put on. Oh how I long for the 80's and 90's era of boxing. Anyway I'll watch because I like escobedo as a fighter and have been a fan of his since the beginning. I love fighters who dedicate themselves and keep it professional at all times and are very humble regardless if there are other fighters who have more natural talent. Give me a hardworking die hard worker with limited skills but with tons of heart and a no quit attitude over a fighter who has unlimited skills and a huge ego and me attitude.

Personally I wish Escobedo said to hell with all of this and walked away because Broner knew what he was doin all along and never intended to make weight. He figured his team(Haymon) will bail him out. And they did as Escobedo is going to make over 400,000 now. Now if there is a god please let all this backfire on Broner and bring back the good to boxing.
Jack 1000
Fightnews says fight is on! We will pin up a thread in a few minutes!

http://www.fightnews.com/

Jack
Hotsauce
i knew the fight was still going to happen.

money talks.
Cshel86
Im actually more interested in the Thurman bout! laugh.gif

I've been reading other forums and that shit was almost as bad as Mayweather making people wait to check his Twitter before he announced the Ortiz fight. LOL. If anything, this worked out for both fighters...Escebedo got a bigger payday, and Broner's buzz just went through the roof. Promotion I tell ya...it always works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.