Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Broner vs. Escaledo-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
KOpower
I want to see Broner in there with the best at 140...forget 135. I think Broner is THAT good. I would take Broner over almost any 140 pounder. I think he is really, really good.
Franchize
Sure the kids persona is a bit cheesy n over the top, but damn its refreshing to see a young fighter with talent AND skill. Finally a young fighter with defensive responsibility.
Franchize
are you kiddin me right now? Lmaooooo what the wwf is this?
Plah
LOL ROFLMAO
Cshel86
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
BigFightFan
LMAO!!! I like this guy, he has a pulse.
Cshel86
Damn! Stop sucking this dude's dick about the weight, shit. HBO has no sense of fuckin' humor...bunch of fuckin' tight-asses.
Franchize
Wtf was that noise in the background? Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 21 2012, 11:20 PM) *
I want to see Broner in there with the best at 140...forget 135. I think Broner is THAT good. I would take Broner over almost any 140 pounder. I think he is really, really good.

The 140 idea isn't a bad one at all, but I'll gladly tune in for his lightweight campaign.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Wtf was that noise in the background? Lol

That shit messed up my buzz.

Damn Escebedo, dont cry man. Im not in the mood to cry this evening. Go feed that baby.
Franchize
Im sorry. I think Im starting to be convinced its a race thing. These guys dont make all this fuss when Morales fat ass doesnt make weight damn near every fight. They dont make a fuss about the catchweights Manny makes opponents come in. He didnt make weight. He paid up. Hop off his dick! Wasnt even like he used his weight as an advantage.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Damn! Stop sucking this dude's dick about the weight, shit. HBO has no sense of fuckin' humor...bunch of fuckin' tight-asses.

I just read this over at BoxRec about HBO's commentary! LOL! Did Lamps bring pom-poms for everybody on the commentary team?

Jack

Thurman looks like garbage. Sorry, HBO, but when you try so hard at hyping a guy, the criticism thrown back at him is going to be that much worse. The HBO team is absolutely pathetic at this point. It's like they were broadcasting an infomercial for a cleaning product. HBO and their whorish ways... Cant really stand it these days. Kellerman has even whored himself out to the network.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 21 2012, 11:33 PM) *
I just read this over at BoxRec about HBO's commentary! LOL! Did Lamps bring pom-poms for everybody on the commentary team?

Jack

Obviously not a fan of the HBO commentary, but I disagree completely that Thurman is garbage. He isn't the finished article, but garbage is an "interesting" way to describe him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Im sorry. I think Im starting to be convinced its a race thing. These guys dont make all this fuss when Morales fat ass doesnt make weight damn near every fight. They dont make a fuss about the catchweights Manny makes opponents come in. He didnt make weight. He paid up. Hop off his dick! Wasnt even like he used his weight as an advantage.

I cant say that it's a race thing. Morales has been having trouble making weight since the first Pacquiao fight, so Im sure the world is used to it by now. You're right though, they never seem to make a fuss about Manny's opponents being dead from being weight-drained. Anyhow, I hate how they made a big deal about his weight, but let's face it, that was the story of this fight. Had it not happened, then this would've been another HBO crap card.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 21 2012, 11:33 PM) *

Jack

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 10:31 PM) *
I'm sorry. I think I'm starting to be convinced its a race thing. These guys don't make all this fuss when Morales fat ass doesn't make weight damn near every fight. They don't make a fuss about the catch-weights Manny makes opponents come in. He didn't make weight. He paid up. Hop off his dick! Wasn't even like he used his weight as an advantage.

When Chavez Jr. comes in overweight or even when he got that DUI incident, HBO did not seem to want to talk about it. They are so protective of the dudes they are trying to make into "stars."

They would be just as bad as some of the judges who protect the house fighters, if they were judges themselves. I think if garbage is showing up on HBO more often, it is their overt bias to certain fighters that they have under contract. Lamply's pom-poming goes deeper than people realize. It influences people, and distorts their perception of what really happens in the fight.

Jack
Franchize
His boxing knowledge is Benjamin Button like. Its like as he does more n more fights, he gets dumber n dumber.
boxingloner
Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass on any future Broner fights. The dude just leaves a bad taste in the mouth after he fights and has nothing to offer me as a die hard fan. I respect the fighters who are true professionals and respect the sport. Good stoppage. I have tons of respect for Joel Diaz who is a outstanding and great trainer. I feel so bad for Escobedo and I totally understand his emotion. Escobedo is a guy who went to Cincinnati witha real sense he would win and instead he gets bushwacked by a guy who don't respect him or what a contract means and come in at the contracted weight. Escobedo got to 130 in a professional way and did it the right way. Broner could have made it to 130 and yea it might have weakened him but escobedo was just as weaken because escobedo had the professionalism to make weight. But these days in boxing doing it the right way gets you taken advantage of. I love and will always support a fighter who may be limited in some departments but will handles himself and boxing in a real professional way over fighters who are ego maniacs with unlimited skill and think they are above everyone and above boxing. Poor Escobedo he got done dirty by dirty people, luckily he got compensated for it. Personally I wished he would have pulled out and never went through with the fight but him being a new father the money they offered would have been crazy to turn down. If the Broner camp didn't feel they done Escobedo dirty they wouldn't have given him that 400,000 dollars to salvage the fight. Al Haymon, Broner and all their people can go and eat a dick for doing boxing and Escobedo dirty. I'll gladly and proudly watch Escobedo again on the spansh channel over any future broner fights on HBO.

I know everyone on here don't feel the same as me and will move on and continue to slurp up everything Broner and call him the second coming. But me being a die hard fan of the true gentleman of professional fighters, i can't and will not support a Broner fight again.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 11:59 PM) *
His boxing knowledge is Benjamin Button like. Its like as he does more n more fights, he gets dumber n dumber.

Ha!
boxingloner
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 08:31 PM) *

Dude if Broner would have been a professional and did it the honest way and truly honored the contracted weight this weight thing wouldn't be nothing and it would be just another ass whooping he gave. Escobedo was under the impression it was a 130lbs fight. If Broner would have told Escobedo before hand and said he would come over weight and he wouldnt care if he did to would be one thing. Instead he let his opponent drain himself while he didn't. Fighters have died in the ring because of this. Broner pulled a fast one on Escobedo and Broner had his people (Al Haymon) dig him out. This fight wasnt on a even playing field which is funny because everyone's hero here PBF and everyone here at fighthype always yap boxing needs a even playing field. BTW this is not a race thing, it's an honesty and being a professional thing.
Plah
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 21 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Dude if Broner would have been a professional and did it the honest way and truly honored the contracted weight this weight thing wouldn't be nothing and it would be just another ass whooping he gave. Escobedo was under the impression it was a 130lbs fight. If Broner would have told Escobedo before hand and said he would come over weight and he wouldnt care if he did to would be one thing. Instead he let his opponent drain himself while he didn't. Fighters have died in the ring because of this. Broner pulled a fast one on Escobedo and Broner had his people (Al Haymon) dig him out. This fight wasnt on a even playing field which is funny because everyone's hero here PBF and everyone here at fighthype always yap boxing needs a even playing field. BTW this is not a race thing, it's an honesty and being a professional thing.

While I agree with you, I don't think weight played much of a factor in this particular fight.
Franchize
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 22 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass on any future Broner fights. The dude just leaves a bad taste in the mouth after he fights and has nothing to offer me as a die hard fan. I respect the fighters who are true professionals and respect the sport. Good stoppage. I have tons of respect for Joel Diaz who is a outstanding and great trainer. I feel so bad for Escobedo and I totally understand his emotion. Escobedo is a guy who went to Cincinnati witha real sense he would win and instead he gets bushwacked by a guy who don't respect him or what a contract means and come in at the contracted weight. Escobedo got to 130 in a professional way and did it the right way. Broner could have made it to 130 and yea it might have weakened him but escobedo was just as weaken because escobedo had the professionalism to make weight. But these days in boxing doing it the right way gets you taken advantage of. I love and will always support a fighter who may be limited in some departments but will handles himself and boxing in a real professional way over fighters who are ego maniacs with unlimited skill and think they are above everyone and above boxing. Poor Escobedo he got done dirty by dirty people, luckily he got compensated for it. Personally I wished he would have pulled out and never went through with the fight but him being a new father the money they offered would have been crazy to turn down. If the Broner camp didn't feel they done Escobedo dirty they wouldn't have given him that 400,000 dollars to salvage the fight. Al Haymon, Broner and all their people can go and eat a dick for doing boxing and Escobedo dirty. I'll gladly and proudly watch Escobedo again on the spansh channel over any future broner fights on HBO.

I know everyone on here don't feel the same as me and will move on and continue to slurp up everything Broner and call him the second coming. But me being a die hard fan of the true gentleman of professional fighters, i can't and will not support a Broner fight again.

He didnt get caught with loaded gloves, and nobody is slurping anything. Im not even a Broner fan. Guys dont make weight all the time. Yes, its unprofessional and he should be ashamed of himself but its not that serious. End of the day, he paid his debt n whooped the guy. The outcome wouldnt have changed much.
Jack 1000

Shit!

When I see "Broner's name" I keep seeing "BONER!" hahahahaha! And Haymon and Company pulled a BONER on Escaledo with that weight shit. I agree with Boxingloner's post!

Jack
Musashi100
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 22 2012, 12:12 AM) *
He didnt get caught with loaded gloves, and nobody is slurping anything. Im not even a Broner fan. Guys dont make weight all the time. Yes, its unprofessional and he should be ashamed of himself but its not that serious. End of the day, he paid his debt n whooped the guy. The outcome wouldnt have changed much.
same way i see, weight thing is not that serious. but broner should make weight because he hurting himself with the amount of money they are taking from him for missing weight. shit ridicules, 60k for missing weight but tarver get fined 2500 for taking steroids wtf?
checkleft
QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 22 2012, 01:02 AM) *
While I agree with you, I don't think weight played much of a factor in this particular fight.

+1

Though I don't like broner not making weight for a second time in his career I agree. He would have won regardless, he looked like he was sparring in there.
BigFightFan
Escobedo could have easily walked away from this fight, but he decided to take the extra money. Don't agree to terms if you are going to use it as an excuse after the bout. Escobedo and his people would have song a different tune if he had won. So all this pitty party shit about the weight is ridiculous, so cut it out. The weight wasn't a factor only the skill level of the 2 men in the ring.
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 22 2012, 07:00 AM) *
Escobedo could have easily walked away from this fight, but he decided to take the extra money. Don't agree to terms if you are going to use it as an excuse after the bout. Escobedo and his people would have song a different tune if he had won. So all this pitty party shit about the weight is ridiculous, so cut it out. The weight wasn't a factor only the skill level of the 2 men in the ring.

I kind of feel the same way too.. I gained a lot of respect for escobedo when i heard reports that he was dropping out of the fight. I thought he was taking a stand, and in that same article I think it was him or his promoter who said something to the tune of "throwing money at uss isn't going to make this issue go away" and guess what.. money made the issue go away. I'm still not in the mood to defend broner but escobedo went back on his word, tried to use it as an excuse, but most importantly could have gotten seriously injured fighting a guy who was probably well over 150 after the unofficial weigh in.
Even though this is a tough situation to be put in I think he should have stuck to his guns on this one.. he would have came out winning (morally, financially, and career wise) without fighting, saves himself an L, his health, and still becomes the mandatory for the vacant belt by default.
Franchize
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Jul 22 2012, 02:48 AM) *
same way i see, weight thing is not that serious. but broner should make weight because he hurting himself with the amount of money they are taking from him for missing weight. shit ridicules, 60k for missing weight but tarver get fined 2500 for taking steroids wtf?

Excellent post! This ridiculous irony with that is just one of many reasons why boxing remains the most corrupt sport in the world.
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 22 2012, 05:13 AM) *
I kind of feel the same way too.. I gained a lot of respect for escobedo when i heard reports that he was dropping out of the fight. I thought he was taking a stand, and in that same article I think it was him or his promoter who said something to the tune of "throwing money at uss isn't going to make this issue go away" and guess what.. money made the issue go away. I'm still not in the mood to defend broner but escobedo went back on his word, tried to use it as an excuse, but most importantly could have gotten seriously injured fighting a guy who was probably well over 150 after the unofficial weigh in.
Even though this is a tough situation to be put in I think he should have stuck to his guns on this one.. he would have came out winning (morally, financially, and career wise) without fighting, saves himself an L, his health, and still becomes the mandatory for the vacant belt by default.

I agree with you, when I first heard Broner didn't make weight the first time I was like oh fucking great. Then when they negotiated a morning weigh in and he still came in over weight I was like escobedo just walk away. As I knew Broner was pulling some shit on him. Hindsight is 20/20 and if Broner came in on weight the first time more than likely the outcome would have been the same but maybe not as fast. I just wish Escobedo would have packed his bags and left and said to hell with this and shoved the bs up Broners ass. But in Escobedo's case the dude is a new father and his career never panned out the way people thought when he came out of the olympics and they through crazy money at him that he had no choice but to take the fight. Either way if he took the money or not Broner is a classless no good for boxing Piece of S$@&. I have no respect for Broner now and the antics he pulled and I don't plan on watching him again. If Broner was a man he would have told Escobedo when they signed the contract that he don't plan on making weight and he doesn't care if he does either. That's what a man does, instead he says nothing and lets Escobedo drain himself while he stays at full strength.

What's funny is that the same people that say weight is not an issue, are the same people who complain about catchweight fights with a certain Flip fighter. Broner just pulled a pacquiao on escobedo and drained him and now the same people who ridiculed and chastised pacquiao for it give Broner a pass. We got some Hypocritical bitches on fighthype.
Franchize
I see it as if it was a minor fender bender. Say a guy rear ends your car. You get out and realize its hardly any damage. So you decide to accept a couple of C notes and settle it without calling the cops. Then the minor damage becomes more of an eye sore later on. You can't then bitch and complain about the guy like he fled the scene. You had every opportunity to get your car fixed and call the cops. You decided to take the dough.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 22 2012, 01:56 PM) *
I see it as if it was a minor fender bender. Say a guy rear ends your car. You get out and realize its hardly any damage. So you decide to accept a couple of C notes and settle it without calling the cops. Then the minor damage becomes more of an eye sore later on. You can't then bitch and complain about the guy like he fled the scene. You had every opportunity to get your car fixed and call the cops. You decided to take the dough.

Spot on.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 22 2012, 11:44 AM) *
I agree with you, when I first heard Broner didn't make weight the first time I was like oh fucking great. Then when they negotiated a morning weigh in and he still came in over weight I was like escobedo just walk away. As I knew Broner was pulling some shit on him. Hindsight is 20/20 and if Broner came in on weight the first time more than likely the outcome would have been the same but maybe not as fast. I just wish Escobedo would have packed his bags and left and said to hell with this and shoved the bs up Broners ass. But in Escobedo's case the dude is a new father and his career never panned out the way people thought when he came out of the olympics and they through crazy money at him that he had no choice but to take the fight. Either way if he took the money or not Broner is a classless no good for boxing Piece of S$@&. I have no respect for Broner now and the antics he pulled and I don't plan on watching him again. If Broner was a man he would have told Escobedo when they signed the contract that he don't plan on making weight and he doesn't care if he does either. That's what a man does, instead he says nothing and lets Escobedo drain himself while he stays at full strength.

What's funny is that the same people that say weight is not an issue, are the same people who complain about catchweight fights with a certain Flip fighter. Broner just pulled a pacquiao on escobedo and drained him and now the same people who ridiculed and chastised pacquiao for it give Broner a pass. We got some Hypocritical bitches on fighthype.

Escobedo's weighed 130 in three matches prior to last night. So his last four fights were at 130. He scored a K.O in one of them. He stayed at 130 for the Broner match, even came in a bit over on the night, I believe. How is that comparable to what has been said about Pacquaio being the "catch weight king?"
BigFightFan
Damn the weight!!! The guy just didn't have the tools to beat Broner. Josesito Lopez had the tools to beat Ortiz despite the weight. He got paid and now we should move on.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 22 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Escobedo's weighed 130 in three matches prior to last night. So his last four fights were at 130. He scored a K.O in one of them. He stayed at 130 for the Broner match, even came in a bit over on the night, I believe. How is that comparable to what has been said about Pacquaio being the "catch weight king?"

he kinda sounds like those pac fans that were supposed to of disappeared tongue.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2012, 09:14 PM) *
he kinda sounds like those pac fans that were supposed to of disappeared tongue.gif

Yup. You know that hardcore characters like the Pactards don't go away easily.
mrchitown
Broner fought well. But I don't think he'll be at 135 long, he's a growing man and it's going to be interesting to see how he handles the move up in weight
Megadeth
Broner has no class, while is boxing skills are amazing, his outside actions are going to be bad for the sport. Tthe way he humiliated his girlfriend afterwards was disguisting. The whole weight issue is completely unprofessional and i feel bad for escobedo, he not only fought the better fighter, but the better fighter who now had an unnecessary advantage. Broner is very young and immature and needs to grow up. He needs people to stop bowing down to him and have someone stand up to him and tell him to knock this shit off. Young kids need a role model, not a douchbag to look up too. I am completely turned off to this guy by the way he acts. I have to like a person in order to be a fan. While i can admire his skills, i will now be rooting for him to get knocked out.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jul 23 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Broner has no class, while is boxing skills are amazing, his outside actions are going to be bad for the sport. Tthe way he humiliated his girlfriend afterwards was disguisting. The whole weight issue is completely unprofessional and i feel bad for escobedo, he not only fought the better fighter, but the better fighter who now had an unnecessary advantage. Broner is very young and immature and needs to grow up. He needs people to stop bowing down to him and have someone stand up to him and tell him to knock this shit off. Young kids need a role model, not a douchbag to look up too. I am completely turned off to this guy by the way he acts. I have to like a person in order to be a fan. While i can admire his skills, i will now be rooting for him to get knocked out.

What I found very unproffesional about Broner was not the fact that he didn't make the weight on Friday, it was the fact that he and his team blatantly let him rehydrate...and he weighed over the 140lb limit that they had agreed to keep the fight going. I think he wieghed in at 143.5 Saturday morning though I'm not sure. That to me was a serious slap in the face of Escobedo.

Broner and those around him have to learn that he is not Floyd or any fighter he has these grand delusions that he is, and he is not a household name yet. He has definitely brought a great deal of scrutiny upon himself and upon those around him. I disagree with your assessment of him embarassing his lady, for all we know that shit was staged. Every fight he has he acts a fool after it, i don't expect anything less.

The problem that I see with Broner and I also see it with those who have these high hopes and those who strongly criticize him is that he's 22. He amy be in the spotlight but he's still a 22yr old kid. Age doesn't make you an adult, life experiences do. And he has shown multiple times that he has a lot of growing to do (physically and mentally). I do however disagree with your role model assessment, that is what's wrong with people today. People on tv shouldn't be or have to be role models to kids. Too many people let these "entertainers" raise their kids for them instead of doing it themselves. I feel that's a cop out. And how could you dislike Broner as a person and you've never met him? That baffles me
bosco
Adrien Broner is a meathead. He keeps beating on these C+ fighters and think people are supposed to be impressed. Then he calls out the title holder that he knows he can beat just to try to get a belt the easiest way possible. If Broner starts fighting and beating A fighters then I'll give him props. Until then...he's still just a prospect.
checkleft
QUOTE (bosco @ Jul 23 2012, 07:58 PM) *
Adrien Broner is a meathead. He keeps beating on these C+ fighters and think people are supposed to be impressed. Then he calls out the title holder that he knows he can beat just to try to get a belt the easiest way possible. If Broner starts fighting and beating A fighters then I'll give him props. Until then...he's still just a prospect.

Though I am more than in agreement for the criticism broner is getting I can't agree with what you said about challenging the easiest champs at 135 (except for rios). Other than rios, to say that demarco and marquez are easy ways to a title is Damn near blasphemous. Demarco is a hard hitting come forward never say die type of fighter and marquez is at his age still one of the best fighters on the planet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.