Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Broner vs. Escaledo-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
After much posturing, tonight's fight is on! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
anybody know the time for UK
Cshel86
As i just said in the Broner thread, this nonsense worked out for both fighters. Escebedo made it out like a fat cat, in terms of his payday, and Broner's buzz just got that much bigger...nobody lost in this one...yet.

The logical way to go here, is to predict a spectacular win for Broner, by TKO. The apple cart has been shaken up a bit more than usual this year, so who knows. If I remember correctly, Broner was supposed to fight someone around the same time that Khan was supposed to fight Peterson, on the same card, I believe.

With that in mind, and the fact that he couldn't make weight in time (which I believe he had an idea of, days before the weigh-in), there's a possibility that he could have very well overtrained too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...Broner has amazing skills and so forth, and he's supposed to win this fight...but how many times have we been proven wrong this year alone?

We've seen the more talented fighters, either lose, but still win by robbery by way of a systematic beatdown that people's eyes aren't trained to see, OR...we've seen the more talented fighter get exposed by last-minute opponents or guys who have enough resolve and is disciplined enough to stick to a game plan.

I've only seen Escebedo fight against Guerrero, and I believe the extra pounds hurt him in that fight, being the fact that it was a 135. Guerrero scrubbed him, but it still went the distance. I believe Broner catches him with something big and puts him down. For bragging rights, I'll vote Escebedo by upset.

A lot of guys have overlooked opponents, and it's consistently bit them in the ass this year. If Escebedo doesn't score an upset, then his best bet is to make Broner look "not so good". Im actually more excited about the Thurman fight!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 21 2012, 08:29 PM) *

It actually starts at 10PM (Eastern Time) over here, so my first guess would be 3AM (UTC). Just my guess and a bit of research. As all you guys know, I suck ass at converting time.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 21 2012, 08:29 PM) *

4am in the uk
mgrover
oh fuck me, well someone just post whenever it starts
fightscoreollector
Please send in your RBR scores in here and i will add to my fightscorecollector blog (in the signature below)

Personally i think this will be one way traffic for Broner although last weeks Khan result shows that you never know what can happen with 1 punch.

Prediction...Broner KO 5

cheers
BigFightFan
Those twinkles are good
mgrover
great deal eh
Cshel86
Dammit! Im tired of seeing Samw Watson and the twins...get out of the freakin' camera.

This ref looks like a whino or an uncle that you play cards with on the weekend. LOL
Cshel86
Did Lora just have a meltdown??? Looked like some school yard shit laugh.gif
BigFightFan
Wow these guys are just slugging!
mgrover
the stream i have makes it almost impossible to score it
BigFightFan
I don't have a problem with my stream
mgrover
ive just got terrible quality, also thurman looks comfortable in that pocket
Cshel86
Nice way for Thurman to end the 3rd...caught him coming in.

I have it 3 rounds to nothing for Thurman.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Nice way for Thurman to end the 3rd...caught him coming in.

I have it 3 rounds to nothing for Thurman.

I agree 3-0 Thurman, he has hit Lora with some good power shots to the body.
The ref looks like a retired pimp
KOpower
Thurman has won every round, but the guy in front of him is game. Lora is tough as nails.

I don't know how much potential Thurman has. I don't see him as an elite fighter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 21 2012, 10:29 PM) *
The ref looks like a retired pimp

Hahaha!!!

Hopefully this pressure isn't getting to Thurman. He's landing some big shots, but doesn't like this pressure.
Cshel86
Nice left hook by Thurman! Ha! That shit ended the bout. I believe that body shot early in the round, took the starch out of him.
Plah
Nice Stoppage. Hello everybody.
KOpower
ANd just as I say he is tough, he essentially quits.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 21 2012, 10:37 PM) *
ANd just as I say he is tough, he essentially quits.

To be fair to Lora, he took a serious beating. That uppercut in the second would've sent me home, quickly.

"You land accurate shots, you'll break anyone down." Keith 'One Time' Thurman. I'm interested in watching his next bout.
KOpower
True...but still, don't just quit.

I like Thurman...I just don't see the upside for him to be much more than a solid guy.
sduck
Not impressed by Keith Thurman
sduck
Did this dude really just call out Floyd Mayweather... sigh
BigFightFan
He might want to start with malinaggi and work his way up.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jul 21 2012, 10:41 PM) *
True...but still, don't just quit.

I like Thurman...I just don't see the upside for him to be much more than a solid guy.

I don't know. He's 23 and definitely showed some ring intelligence. He's obviously not the finished article, but has the ability and the I.Q. Stamina looked like an issue, which is understandable given that this was his first 10 rounder. He isn't ready for a top 10 welterweight, but I'd like to see him against someone good.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 21 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Nice Stoppage. Hello everybody.

Whaddup Plah!

Man, they should've televised that Figueroa bout. I saw him on the under-undercard of the Ortiz/Lopez fight against a lilaputian.

Escebedo has a 6-week old at home? Yeah...his wife would've kicked his ass, had he came home. Get ready to buy that Similac homie! laugh.gif
Plah
Nice to see Roy in there.
BigFightFan
This MF Broner better win, he coming to the ring with waka flocka. I hope he trained as much as he is putting on for the public.
Cshel86
Tired of these wack ass rappers looking for a second wind in their careers, smh.

Broner's dad is dancing his ass off though! laugh.gif

Tired of these fuckin' twins all over the place...sad thing is, they aint goin' nowhere!
Hotsauce
lol BRICKSQAUAD!!!!!
Franchize
I kinda have a bad feeling about this fight. I dont know why. I hardly know anything about Escobedo. I just feel an upset may be brewing.
Cshel86
Rolando Arrelano scares the shit out of me. Looks like one of the first people that you see when you get to hell.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Rolando Arrelano scares the shit out of me. Looks like one of the first people that you see when you get to hell.

Ha! He's Ortiz's manager right?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 21 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Ha! He's Ortiz's manager right?

Yep. Everytime that dude speaks, the hair on my neck stands up.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 10:57 PM) *
I kinda have a bad feeling about this fight. I dont know why. I hardly know anything about Escobedo. I just feel an upset may be brewing.

Me too man....me too.
Franchize
We get the point. He didnt make weight. Shit! Kellerman is even more annoying than Lampley today.
Cshel86
Broner has 4 kids? Shit! Better slow down on talking about buying Bugattis and shit. If those baby mamas (or baby mama) gets a wild hair up their ass, then comes flooding in the court fess and child support. Better ask Holyfield...
KOpower
Broner is 22 and has 4 kids? Talk about a lack of discipline. Lord....he will be flat broke 5 years after his boxing career.

I really like Broner as a fighter. He is what Andre Berto should have been in terms of technique and ring-discipline.
sduck
Good start from Broner
Cheesey1
I like the number of quality jabs that both of these guys are throwing. Broner's jabbing to the head and the body. Very nice. Escobedo had some moments in the third and second, but he's still behind.
Franchize
Damn that ring card girl was fine as shit!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 11:11 PM) *
Damn that ring card girl was fine as shit!

Thought I was the only one that caught that!
Franchize
Wtf is Broners cut man doing?
BigFightFan
Broner needs to get closer when he throws the hook. He is leaving himself open at that distance when he misses
sduck
Great performance by Broner
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 21 2012, 11:15 PM) *
Thought I was the only one that caught that!

She cocked that ass to the side like....yea I know Im bad lol
Cshel86
Can Broner fight somebody with confidence, please? Im tired of these poo-butt ass fighters getting in there with no confidence and getting wacked.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 21 2012, 11:18 PM) *
She cocked that ass to the side like....yea I know Im bad lol

Indeed!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (sduck @ Jul 21 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Great performance by Broner

Yup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.