Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 Cent & TMT (The Money Team Promotions) Signs Yuriorkis Gamboa & Andre Dirrell
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Marcus
According to Thisis50.Com 50 Cent has now signed former Cuban Olympic Gold Medalist, undefeated featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa. 50 Cent has also signed Former Olympic Bronze Medalist,and former super six world cup contender super middleweight Andre Dirrell from michigan. What do you guys think this means for the sport of boxing? A hip-hop mogul becoming a promoter and signing two of the best prospects. What do you thin this means for 50 cent and Floyd Mayweather moving forward? Now that 50 Cent is a New York promoter do you think this means that he can get Mayweather to fight at MSG or The new Brooklyn Nets Stadium?
Im so excited!!!!!
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/50-...s-signed-former
Musashi100
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 22 2012, 09:26 AM) *
According to Thisis50.Com 50 Cent has now signed former Cuban Olympic Gold Medalist, undefeated featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa. 50 Cent has also signed Former Olympic Bronze Medalist,and former super six world cup contender super middleweight Andre Dirrell from michigan. What do you guys think this means for the sport of boxing? A hip-hop mogul becoming a promoter and signing two of the best prospects. What do you thin this means for 50 cent and Floyd Mayweather moving forward? Now that 50 Cent is a New York promoter do you think this means that he can get Mayweather to fight at MSG or The new Brooklyn Nets Stadium?
Im so excited!!!!!

mayweather not going to fight in new york because of the state taxes.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 22 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Im so excited!!!!!

It doesn't mean much, James Prince is the CEO of Rpa-A-Lot records who became a promoter because of Floyd. I think J-Prince failed on the promotion side but he manages shane mosley and quite a few other boxers. I don't understand why 50 just didn't buy into mayweather promotions to make that brand bigger.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 22 2012, 02:01 PM) *
It doesn't mean much, James Prince is the CEO of Rpa-A-Lot records who became a promoter because of Floyd. I think J-Prince failed on the promotion side but he manages shane mosley and quite a few other boxers. I don't understand why 50 just didn't buy into mayweather promotions to make that brand bigger.

Agreed, it would've been nice to see the investment go into Mayweather Promotions to create another major option for up and coming boxers.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 22 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Im so excited!!!!!

I didn't know this. Thanks.
mgrover
i think mayweather promotions should enforce usada for there fighters
BigFightFan
[quote name='mgrover' date='Jul 22 2012, 03:00 PM' post='563654']
[/
USADA is very expensive, I doubt any of the promotional companies in the sport adopt usada for all fighters. I can see them using VADA since it is free
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 22 2012, 02:01 PM) *
I don't understand why 50 just didn't buy into mayweather promotions to make that brand bigger.

I'll bet my last dollar that 50 will use Floyd's fame to catapult his own shit, drain him, then leave Floyd high and dry. Sounds like some shit that 50 would do. Besides, had it not been for Floyd over the past few years, nobody would've been checking for 50 like that. This whole friendship seems one-sided anyway, and 50 IS a business man, so I wouldn't rule this out...
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2012, 03:17 PM) *
I'll bet my last dollar that 50 will use Floyd's fame to catapult his own shit, drain him, then leave Floyd high and dry. Sounds like some shit that 50 would do. Besides, had it not been for Floyd over the past few years, nobody would've been checking for 50 like that. This whole friendship seems one-sided anyway, and 50 IS a business man, so I wouldn't rule this out...

That's understandable. But i don't think 50 would do such a things. 50 and Floyd would mae so much more money together. However i do wonder if Mayweather is a part of this venture. Money Team promotions? Mayweather might as well patent "The money Team" because he invented it. So it would be pretty unloyal and dishonest if 50 is pursuing this on his own. I wonder what will become of Mayweather promotions. Jessie Vargas left, and now Andre Dirrell and Gamboa signed with 50. I guess we'll have to see how things unravel when may weather comes home. However this was an outstanding move by 50. With his connections to Jay-Z Nets Stadium in brooklyn could be the MGM of NYC, and he has free promotion and sponsorship from his other companies in SMS Audio, G-Unit Clothing, and SK Energy shots. This should be interesting. And wasn't it rumored that MAyweather promotions didn't even have proper licensing from NSAC as a promotional company? Just wondering.
FREE FLOYD!!!
mgrover
Sorry meant just the osdt, but yeah vada has worked fine in the past. I actually think that promoters should have clauses in which to punish fighters that cheat since it loses promoters money, that way promoters wont feel so apprehensive about osdt
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 22 2012, 03:39 PM) *
That's understandable. But i don't think 50 would do such a things. 50 and Floyd would mae so much more money together. However i do wonder if Mayweather is a part of this venture. Money Team promotions? Mayweather might as well patent "The money Team" because he invented it. So it would be pretty unloyal and dishonest if 50 is pursuing this on his own. I wonder what will become of Mayweather promotions. Jessie Vargas left, and now Andre Dirrell and Gamboa signed with 50. I guess we'll have to see how things unravel when may weather comes home. However this was an outstanding move by 50. With his connections to Jay-Z Nets Stadium in brooklyn could be the MGM of NYC, and he has free promotion and sponsorship from his other companies in SMS Audio, G-Unit Clothing, and SK Energy shots. This should be interesting. And wasn't it rumored that MAyweather promotions didn't even have proper licensing from NSAC as a promotional company? Just wondering.
FREE FLOYD!!!

Mayweather Promotions just doesn't have the license to promote fights, hence why he always does business with Golden Boy Promotions. GBP handles all of the logistics for those PPV cards, while Floyd pays him a flat fee.

Sound like 50 has a lot going on, which could mean that he will be on the forefront of stardom and the Forbes list (just my guess) again. Im not sure how his promotional company is, since I haven't read the article yet.

C'mon man, chill out with the "Free Floyd" stuff, he only has about 10 days left...not years. Smh...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 22 2012, 01:53 PM) *
Agreed, it would've been nice to see the investment go into Mayweather Promotions to create another major option for up and coming boxers.

True Story: Floyd better get some REAL boxing people in the front offices of Mayweather Promo. and drop that "Money Team" BS as it pertains to his fighters.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Mayweather Promotions just doesn't have the license to promote fights, hence why he always does business with Golden Boy Promotions. GBP handles all of the logistics for those PPV cards, while Floyd pays him a flat fee.

Sound like 50 has a lot going on, which could mean that he will be on the forefront of stardom and the Forbes list (just my guess) again. Im not sure how his promotional company is, since I haven't read the article yet.

C'mon man, chill out with the "Free Floyd" stuff, he only has about 10 days left...not years. Smh...

I really can't figure this one out, I guess I will wait for more info. The free someone campaign is supposed to be for those who are wrongfully incarcerated lol!
Franchize
If they fight in the Barclays, you can bet Jay Z is going to take them to the cleaners. In NY, 50 likes to run his mouth about J on the low. Jay Z seems to take pride in 1 upping him consistently lol. They have an almost love hate relationship.

Is TMT promotions Mayweather promotions or is it a seperate entity?

Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2012, 03:00 PM) *

OSDT, yes, definitely.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 22 2012, 06:54 PM) *
The free someone campaign is supposed to be for those who are wrongfully incarcerated lol!

Agreed! It's usually used when somebody's done some shit, and their people want them out of jail. laugh.gif People are saying "Free Money May" like the motherfucker is in jail for years.
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Agreed! It's usually used when somebody's done some shit, and their people want them out of jail. laugh.gif People are saying "Free Money May" like the motherfucker is in jail for years.

Well i didn't think that that much into it lol. It's really not that serious...
As a fan of Floyd i just said it. My main focus for was to speak on 50's new venture.
And i do believe Mayweather Promotions and TMT promotions are separate but with 50's relationship with floyd most likely they will join forces or work together to do business.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 22 2012, 05:25 PM) *
True Story: Floyd better get some REAL boxing people in the front offices of Mayweather Promo. and drop that "Money Team" BS as it pertains to his fighters.

Yeah. I don't know anything about how that company does business with their fighters, but yup that's crucial.
mrchitown
Good move for 50, I remember Floyd hinting at 50 possibly getting involved with boxing promotions, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a joint venture between the two
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 22 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Well i didn't think that that much into it lol. It's really not that serious...
As a fan of Floyd i just said it. My main focus for was to speak on 50's new venture.
And i do believe Mayweather Promotions and TMT promotions are separate but with 50's relationship with floyd most likely they will join forces or work together to do business.

Again, it's not a knock against you, but guys are acting this man is gonna be gone for years, when he only has under 2 weeks left. Guys like Broner are also killing me by riding this dude's name.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 23 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Again, it's not a knock against you, but guys are acting this man is gonna be gone for years, when he only has under 2 weeks left. Guys like Broner are also killing me by riding this dude's name.

Lol Yea it kinda went overboard. If anyone accused Broner of suckin Floyd off, that tee shirt pretty much was him whiping his mouth and saying "And?"
Hotsauce
Mayweather hinted in April that Jackson would be getting involved in the fight game during a conference call to promote his fight against Miguel Cotto.
I think hes going to be involved on the promotion side, Mayweather said at the time. We may even put him out there, let him fight on pay-per-view one time. So we dont really know what the future holds, but he is getting involved with boxing.
Hotsauce
go to 13:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=2Kg1TznMTaU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.