Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why all the al haymon hate?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
help me understand.
mgrover
think about it, al haymon is connected to Mayweather, enough said. You could say people are saying hes trying to control boxing blah blah blah, but realistically Arum has been doing that for years and no ones said a word. Also he's a man that never really shows himself, always working behind the scenes, never has any sort of public image, thats risky because if you don't tell people about yourself, other people will just spread bullshit.

although I havent actually seen any hate? then again it is 5am here and am wondering why am awake...
Cshel86
There shouldn't be much hate for him. He DOES make sure that his fighters are paid, so the people crying about fighters not making what they should be making...cant complain about Haymon.

Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2012, 11:53 PM) *
although I havent actually seen any hate? then again it is 5am here and am wondering why am awake...

Take your ass to bed man! Grumpy fight fan! LOL
Musashi100
how can you hate somebody that you don't know, don't see and don't talk.
checkleft
He's the worst kind of scum, haymon takes care of his fighters. Smh
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 23 2012, 01:16 AM) *

Yup. People can say what they want, but if he's helping the boxers get paid what they're worth, then more power to him.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 23 2012, 05:06 AM) *
Take your ass to bed man! Grumpy fight fan! LOL

lol i went for a nice run
mrchitown
People hate other people who have power, influence, etc. Its as simple as that. Haymon is a power player in boxing with or without Floyd and the work he does for his clients is obviously driving the comeptition/haters crazy
Franchize
I think the dopest thing about Haymon is that you hardly ever see him. He makes boxing about the fighters and forthat reason alone, I have a lot of respect for him. He's not always hogging the lime light and taking attention away from the fighters.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 23 2012, 01:16 AM) *

Yep. Haymon takes care of his fighters and makes sure that they dont get ripped a new one in this dirty business. How dare him! Blasphemy! LOL

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 23 2012, 02:20 AM) *
lol i went for a nice run

Hard work, dedication???
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 23 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Yep. Haymon takes care of his fighters and makes sure that they dont get ripped a new one in this dirty business. How dare him! Blasphemy! LOL

Hard work, dedication???

yeah sure, broner should be with me when i do it, he may lose that weight
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 23 2012, 07:43 AM) *
I think the dopest thing about Haymon is that you hardly ever see him. He makes boxing about the fighters and forthat reason alone, I have a lot of respect for him. He's not always hogging the lime light and taking attention away from the fighters.

yes! that says a lot imo. he's not taking a huge cut of their money either.
Kratza
I havent seen any hate but i do have some questions about Haymon, one of which being why he only manages African-American fighters? (and Danny Garcia)
daprofessor
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 23 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I havent seen any hate but i do have some questions about Haymon, one of which being why he only manages African-American fighters? (and Danny Garcia)

the hate is on twitter/fb/and the forums.

arreolla
josesito lopez
lara
rico ramos....

they aren't african american and they are haymon fighters.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 23 2012, 07:31 PM) *

arreolla
josesito lopez
lara
rico ramos....

Lol... I think he meant no "white" fighters....bahahahahahah

I digress
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 23 2012, 06:31 PM) *

arreolla
josesito lopez
lara
rico ramos....

Game. Set. Match.
Franchize
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 24 2012, 05:35 AM) *

I digress

To be fair, how many top notch white fighters are there?
mgrover
Well that does it the mans a racist no doubt about it...lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 24 2012, 07:54 AM) *
Well that does it the mans a racist no doubt about it...lol

laugh.gif
Kratza
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 24 2012, 10:35 AM) *

I digress

I actually meant American fighters but i didnt know he managed all those mentioned
Slumpage
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 23 2012, 07:43 AM) *

Yeah he just gets Sam Watson and his sons to do that for him...
Jack 1000
Great video commentator with rare picture of Al Haymon and the fighters that he manages. He has become today's Don King, seriously, but totally unlike Don, keeps a very low profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUjDJSGChs&feature=plcp

Jack
sduck
Al Haymon who? smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Jul 26 2012, 05:10 AM) *
Yeah he just gets Sam Watson and his sons to do that for him...

u know...they get a lot of shit from fans who are tired of seeing them...but they're good guys who want to make sure that their fighters know they have their back. how often do u see other promoters who don't even show up to their fighters fights at all. they just send them out for slaughter and leave them hanging.
pesticid
I actually posted a nice article on Al Hayman a while back here: http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...c=28082&hl=
pesticid
I actually believe that behind TMT is Al Hayman. Floyd knows boxing and 50 knows entertainment but Al has been there and done that for decades. He's also unbelievably smart and obviously his people skills are on the up and up. Nobody screws Arum off money but Al let's put it this way. The way Gamboa got out, I smell Al was behind it. I am sure Bob is mad at Al mostly because of how Floyd got out of Bob Arum.

So TMT is perfect for Al because he's the boss but he's not the lead figure, instead it's Floyd and 50 the most known faces in combat sports and entertainment. That's pure genius!
duwdu
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 30 2012, 01:09 AM) *
Great video commentator with rare picture of Al Haymon and the fighters that he manages. He has become today's Don King, seriously, but totally unlike Don, keeps a very low profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUjDJSGChs&feature=plcp

Jack

Good find, Jack, thanks. All I had seen of him previously were few photos here and there, most of which later turned out to be not of him. Some even passed off/posted hate comments on some images of Sam Watson, as those of Al Haymon...LOL.

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 1 2012, 09:11 AM) *
I actually posted a nice article on Al Hayman a while back here: http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...c=28082&hl=

pest, that is one of the funniest threads I've ever read on here... laugh.gif

And thanks for the link in that thread to the NYT article on Al Haymon. Interesting stuff.

P34c3
Cshel86
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 1 2012, 12:52 PM) *
pest, that is one of the funniest threads I've ever read on here... laugh.gif

Trust me, I have some in the holster if you want a good laugh. Lol
Slumpage
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 02:17 PM) *
u know...they get a lot of shit from fans who are tired of seeing them...but they're good guys who want to make sure that their fighters know they have their back. how often do u see other promoters who don't even show up to their fighters fights at all. they just send them out for slaughter and leave them hanging.

Nah man..

They dont care about the fighters knowing "they got their back" they just wanna be seen on TV imo. An to be seen by the fighter like they got their back, you can't tell who's "got ur back" when ur winning anyway. That gets revealed during a setback. Not to mention that they aren't the promoters, Al, GBP and/or Arum is... They jus sum dudes who's dad works for a manager... They might be "good guys", I haven't met em. However I have come across a similar type of character before, the hanger on, reflected glory loving, camera mugging attention whore who's presence actually brings nothing practical to the situation.

I recall Dawson saying in the 24/7, "going into the Pascal fight, I had a 20 strong entourage, after that fight they were all gone". I may be wrong, but I feel like these kids are jus some "entourage guys". Al only needs Sam there to rep for him, his sons jus getting in on it...

True, promoters may not show up to every fight, but that doesn't mean they have no representation there. It's just their rep either doesn't have a ring pass, or doesn't feel the need to all get in the ring an try get all up in the post fight interview.

Saying that.. If had their opportunities, you'd prob see my grinning face behind the winner too, fuck.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.