Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather vs Broner
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
boxingloner
What do yall think about the Matchup between Floyd and Broner, say in late 2013 at 147 or 145? Do you think Broner has a chance? I think that would be a matchup for Floyd where the fans that normally hate and root against him would be pulling for him real hard. Personally i think it would help expand his fanbase that much more and look favorable at him, especially now as i can see people being really really turned off by the Broner and his douchey persona, which IMO is way worse than Floyd. I would love to see Floyd put a beat down on him. I think this fight could make people who hate on him turn to him in a real way.

BTW whats up with Ben riding on Broner so much? The whole front page is Broner. You'd think Broner was in a very high profile PPV with all the coverage Ben is giving him. I mean he only fought a C class fighter in Escobedo. I mean if he was fighting some elite fighter then id understand but damn its to much. Is Broner keeping Ben warm and fresh while Floyd is locked up? Man Ben you are going to make FLoyd mad at you?

Anyways what do yall think of FLoyd vs Broner in late 2013?

BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 12:59 PM) *
What do yall think about the Matchup between Floyd and Broner, say in late 2013 at 147 or 145? Do you think Broner has a chance? I think that would be a matchup for Floyd where the fans that normally hate and root against him would be pulling for him real hard. Personally i think it would help expand his fanbase that much more and look favorable at him, especially now as i can see people being really really turned off by the Broner and his douchey persona, which IMO is way worse than Floyd. I would love to see Floyd put a beat down on him. I think this fight could make people who hate on him turn to him in a real way.

BTW whats up with Ben riding on Broner so much? The whole front page is Broner. You'd think Broner was in a very high profile PPV with all the coverage Ben is giving him. I mean he only fought a C class fighter in Escobedo. I mean if he was fighting some elite fighter then id understand but damn its to much. Is Broner keeping Ben warm and fresh while Floyd is locked up? Man Ben you are going to make FLoyd mad at you?

Anyways what do yall think of FLoyd vs Broner in late 2013?

I don't know about this one. Broner is in the stage of his career where he's getting stronger, bigger, faster. Floyd would whoop him if they fought now, but in late 2013, could be a dangerous fight. As each day goes by, Floyd gets further away from his prime, while Broner is still growing into his.
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 12:59 PM) *

The sky grows darker as a huge black cloud of banishment approaches your vicinity...

Be safe, my friend...be safe...
BigFightFan
I'm more interested in seeing Floyd vs Canelo or finally the fight with Manny. More so the fight with Canelo because I really believe he might be the one to knock Mayweather off.

As far as Broner goes we need him to develop and beat the best at 135-140 before he moves up to 147. These 2 will never fight each other and if Broner makes it into the top spot Floyd will be long gone.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2012, 01:42 PM) *
The sky grows darker as a huge black cloud of banishment approaches your vicinity...

Boxingloner definitely seems to have a hard on for Broner, Mayweather, Ben, and maybe everyone on Fighthype lol! Hype gets a bad wrap due to the FMJ affiliation from some eventhough they cover everyone in the sport. Let's see where this goes...
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2012, 10:42 AM) *

Lol, why do you say that? I'm only giving my opinion and stating a fact. Which is that the front page is everything Broner. I know he had a fight but damn it wasn't against some elite fighter. I mean higher profile guys in boxing wouldnt get that much coverage here. I mean is it protocol to bow down to everything Ben does here. So its wrong to point out the stuff on Broner that Ben is posting on the front page is going overboard?
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 02:03 PM) *
Lol, why do you say that? I'm only giving my opinion and stating a fact. Which is that the front page is everything Broner. I know he had a fight but damn it wasn't against some elite fighter. I mean higher profile guys in boxing wouldnt get that much coverage here. I mean is it protocol to bow down to everything Ben does here. So its wrong to point out the stuff on Broner that Ben is posting on the front page is going overboard?

I meant what I said...
boxingloner
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 24 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Boxingloner definitely seems to have a hard on for Broner, Mayweather, Ben, and maybe everyone on Fighthype lol! Hype gets a bad wrap due to the FMJ affiliation from some eventhough they cover everyone in the sport. Let's see where this goes...

Lol, that first sentence is funny. You guys are a little to sensitive and when not everyone will think like everyone here at fighthype, like everyone being down with all things Floyd or down with Ben. Anyways fighthype is a cool little website. Not the best in boxing when it concerns EVERYTHING but it's cool and the boards are fun because 95% of the posters are all things Floyds and now Broner? Im just trying to mix things up.

Anyways the last statement where you said Ben gets a bad rap for being affiliated with Floyd well thats up to you to decided. But as far as fighthype covering everything is not true. I mean there coverage is good but if you are strictly coming here for boxing coverage then you are missing A LOT. Personally the best sites for ALL things boxing in everyday are fightnews and eastsideboxing. Those sites cover a lot more. I think fighthype is a little to selective about what/who they cover. Fighthype is very good and i utilize it along with many other sites to stay tuned to all things boxing.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:07 AM) *
I meant what I said...

And what is that? So im going to get banned now? Lol
checkleft
Isn't there like a bad ass triple header coming up? And this is the kind of thread that's opening up? Broner vs Floyd ain't happening.
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Lol, that first sentence is funny. You guys are a little to sensitive and when not everyone will think like everyone here at fighthype, like everyone being down with all things Floyd or down with Ben. Anyways fighthype is a cool little website. Not the best in boxing when it concerns EVERYTHING but it's cool and the boards are fun because 95% of the posters are all things Floyds and now Broner? Im just trying to mix things up.

Anyways the last statement where you said Ben gets a bad rap for being affiliated with Floyd well thats up to you to decided. But as far as fighthype covering everything is not true. I mean there coverage is good but if you are strictly coming here for boxing coverage then you are missing A LOT. Personally the best sites for ALL things boxing in everyday are fightnews and eastsideboxing. Those sites cover a lot more. I think fighthype is a little to selective about what/who they cover. Fighthype is very good and i utilize it along with many other sites to stay tuned to all things boxing.

Awww, just shut tha fuck up, why don't you. The target audience that you thought you nailed, is absolutely incorrect. The idiots you searched for, are possibly in another forum. Your reception-to-talking out of your ass-ratio is waaaay off.

Im just tired of reading your dim-witted posts where you start out okay, say some sideways pussy shit, then try to clean it up at the end. Again, shut tha fuck up...
checkleft
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 02:21 PM) *

Delusional much? Almost all of your posts have been about Floyd and broner now Ben. Get off your imaginary high horse bro
BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Delusional much? Almost all of your posts have been about Floyd and broner now Ben. Get off your imaginary high horse bro

That's exactly what I was going to post Check.
boxingloner
Lol, i guess I stirred the pot the wrong way. I'm just stating my opinion on what i think. Yall are like the taliban up in here. Have some fun. Damn I got the fighthype mafia after me now. Lol

Anyway, I am serious when i wanted everyone's opinion on a fight between Floyd and Broner.
mrwigi
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Isn't there like a bad ass triple header coming up? And this is the kind of thread that's opening up? Broner vs Floyd ain't happening.

+1
BoxingStill#1
Oooooo buddy, thinga are heatn up fast....

Broaner gets schooled by the Master of that technique...then walked down..

too small..
boxingloner
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 24 2012, 12:33 PM) *
Oooooo buddy, thinga are heatn up fast....

Broaner gets schooled by the Master of that technique...then walked down..

too small..

Yea, for sure now Floyd would spank that ass and KO him and not becuase he is too small as i think they are similar in size but because of the experience and mastery of his game.
Marcus
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Lol, i guess I stirred the pot the wrong way. I'm just stating my opinion on what i think. Yall are like the taliban up in here. Have some fun. Damn I got the fighthype mafia after me now. Lol

Anyway, I am serious when i wanted everyone's opinion on a fight between Floyd and Broner.

Well a fight between Floyd and Broner at 147 is impossible to conjure because we've never seen Broner at 147 however at 130... Broner doesn't stand a chance. I think often times because we must face the reality that Floyd isn't getting younger and may have 2-3 fights left in him we are so quick to look for the next big thing in boxing. Remember Floyds accomplishments at 130 ALONE. Not even the other weight classes. Adrien Broner is 23-0. He's been a pro since 2008. He won the VACANT WBO Superfeather Weight Championship from a bum in Vicente Martin Rodriguez. He's only had one title defense against a bum in Eloy Perez who tested positive for cocaine after the fight. Then he fights a smaller C-Class fighter in Escobedo. Now Adrien Broner wants to move up in weight and he hasn't even really defended his title or dominated the super feather weight class. We talk like he's the best ever or like he beat Gamboa by a round 5 KO or something. It only took Money a year and change to become a world champion when he turned pro. Mayweather beat Genaro Chicanito Hernandez for the WBC LINEAL Superfeather Weight title. He then defended it against the likes of Angel Manfreddy, Emanuel Agustus, Diego Corrales (Who was the IBF Superfeather Weight Champion and 30-0), and Jesus Chavez. Mayweather defended his LINEAL WBC Superfeather Weight belt EIGHT times before leaving the weight class for good. HE DOMINATED SUPERFEATHERWEIGHT. One thing we must also consider, Mayweather was natural at every weight class he's fought at except 154. So on Mayweather's behalf the weight was always fair although it may not have been so for his often bigger opponents. Whereas Broner seems to be 2 weight classes above 130. Mayweather wasn't even cocky or trash talking around this time. He was very humble and stayed quiet until he felt he earned the right to around the time he reached 140. Mayweather didn't begin trash talking until he really proved himself at 130 after beating DeMarcus Corley TWO weight classes later. Watch his old post fight interviews. But thats another story, another discussion. And Superfeather Weight is only one weight class of 5 that Mayweather has dominated. Don't compare this guy to Mayweather in terms of success and competition because they haven't fought the same level of opposition. He may become great one day. But he will never be Mayweather. Talented? Yes. But don't call him elite until he beats notable guys like Gamboa, Uchiyama, Garry Russell Jr., Salido and Billy Dib. If you put Mayweather in his super featherweight days against Broner at super featherweight in this era, although Briner would be bigger, i think Mayweather would out class him. It would be a complete chess match. I give broker 3 rounds Max. Broner is very talented and has a lot of potential but he still has much to prove. It also makes sense for HBO o invest so much in him because Mayweather (the cash cow) will go out of commission soon. You can't blame them. One thing we also must admit, Broner certainly is smart in terms of marketing himself. He certainly does take after may weather in terms of that.
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Dude i post whats popular here on this sites. And because of that ill talk Floyd because this is fanbase central for all things Floyd and now the same goes for Broner. What? do you want me to talk about Klitschko, Hopkins, Cotto, Pacquiao, Mares, Ward or Guerrero? Majority on here dont want to here that stuff. So Im giving what the site wants. I go to other boards to talk about the other stuff.

mgrover
kinda hard to write about a guy when hes in jail...
Marcus
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Dude i post whats popular here on this sites. And because of that ill talk Floyd because this is fanbase central for all things Floyd and now the same goes for Broner. What? do you want me to talk about Klitschko, Hopkins, Cotto, Pacquiao, Mares, Ward or Guerrero? Majority on here dont want to here that stuff. So Im giving what the site wants. I go to other boards to talk about the other stuff.

I am a big Andre Ward fan though...lol
checkleft

That answers my question, you are delusional. You seem to think you know what everyone on here wants to hear.. Smh, this is a boxing forum idk where you heard its a mayweather/broner forum, and even if it was why would someone come here and basically talk shit on those two fighters? Looking for attention maybe? Idk
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 12:52 PM) *
That answers my question, you are delusional. You seem to think you know what everyone on here wants to hear.. Smh, this is a boxing forum idk where you heard its a mayweather/broner forum, and even if it was why would someone come here and basically talk shit on those two fighters? Looking for attention maybe? Idk

Well this forum does talk a little bit about other fighters and i emphasize little bit. But the majority in the past year and a half has been all Floyd. But its cool because this forum is just catering to what the people that come here want. Anyways so what if this site and forum is all things Floyd and pro Floyd or all things Broner and pro Broner, so that's means everyone has to praise them and suck them off? The best discussions are the ones where it's not juts always leaning towards one side. It's nice to have a conflicting perspective of the other side.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 24 2012, 01:21 PM) *

fightnews is a great site. eastside leaves a lot to be desired...their writers are hacks. fighthype seems to be the least biased site of them all imo. they do give floyd a voice but i think that's just to balance the rest of the bullshit that is out there.
Jovi
If they were to fight next week, i honestly wouldnt even know who to pick. Mayweather is mayweather but broner has studied him good enough i feel, unless mayweather decided to box him and was point. But judging from his last fight with cotto i dont really know, his nose was leaking, thats the bloodiest ive seen him. Broner is fast, strong, good defense, can counter, and does everything mayweather does lol. But broner has that quick counter left. Mayweather i feel would have to dodge more and be more active and run down broner. Idk if he would at this stage, well if they were to fight at the same weight, i think broner would still be bigger, stronger, and just as fast if not faster...i wouldnt want to underestimate either of them but if broner hit mayweather with enough shots, i see the first actual knockdown in mayweathers career...

It would be a great fight, i dont wanna disrespect mayweather lol but it would be a very close fight.....

broner vs russell jr would be the new Mayweather/judah haha but thats for another thread... Though russell would smash on judah
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 24 2012, 03:03 PM) *
If they were to fight next week, i honestly wouldnt even know who to pick. Mayweather is mayweather but broner has studied him good enough i feel, unless mayweather decided to box him and was point. But judging from his last fight with cotto i dont really know, his nose was leaking, thats the bloodiest ive seen him. Broner is fast, strong, good defense, can counter, and does everything mayweather does lol. But broner has that quick counter left. Mayweather i feel would have to dodge more and be more active and run down broner. Idk if he would at this stage, well if they were to fight at the same weight, i think broner would still be bigger, stronger, and just as fast if not faster...i wouldnt want to underestimate either of them but if broner hit mayweather with enough shots, i see the first actual knockdown in mayweathers career...

It would be a great fight, i dont wanna disrespect mayweather lol but it would be a very close fight.....

broner vs russell jr would be the new Mayweather/judah haha but thats for another thread... Though russell would smash on judah

cotto was able to land because he is highly skilled. broner is even more highly skilled and is much faster. i believe he fought at a higher weight in the amateurs as well so i don't think the 147 thing is impossible. at mayweathers advanced age....and broner coming into his prime...i think it would be a really tough fight for floyd. i seriously doubt it happens though. floyd will wrap his career up soon....broner is the future.

on a side note....broners cotto is danny garcia.
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 01:02 PM) *
fightnews is a great site. eastside leaves a lot to be desired...their writers are hacks. fighthype seems to be the least biased site of them all imo. they do give floyd a voice but i think that's just to balance the rest of the bullshit that is out there.

True, that's why I use many site for my boxing coverage. All sites give you different stuff and I sypher out the good from the bad. All things boxing and good ole boxing new I use fightnews, for opinionated articles and regular discussions on boxing I go to eastsideboxing(and yea their articles can be crappy at times) and for my Floyd info I come here. Plus i use other sites for whatever I need.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 09:08 PM) *
on a side note....broners cotto is danny garcia.

just a matter of time before the ducking starts really. i wonder who broners Pac will be, and no donaire does not suffice.
Marcus
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 24 2012, 04:03 PM) *

Broner hasn't even fought good enough opposition yet for us to say what he can do against may weather. sleep.gif We haven't seen the best or worst of Broner. Mayweather is ELITE. Broner is a great prospect. I want to see want he can do against Gamboa, Russell Jr, Bradley, Rios, Garcia. Then we can talk Mayweather. Look at their accomplishments at 130. They don't even compare. Their level of opposition at 130 doesn't compare. Broner has a LONG way to go. I honestly don't think he could outclass Marquez. But we'll see. Mayweather got bloodied against Cotto because he decided not to box and fight Cotto's type of fight. Broner definitely wouldn't even match up to a Welterweight cotto. You guys also forgot about Pedro Diaz. Look up this trainers resume, he's a big factor in Mayweather's competitive fight against Cotto. Mayweather could've made it another Mayweather Marquez fight and outboxed him easy. Just watch rounds 1-3. Also remember that was the first time Mayweather fought at 154 in 5 years. He's only fought there once before. Mayweather also had hand problems fight night and he was sick. AND he had 10 oz gloves on ! lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 24 2012, 03:12 PM) *
just a matter of time before the ducking starts really. i wonder who broners Pac will be, and no donaire does not suffice.

if broner/garcia doesn't happen somewhere down the line it will be because one of them fell off. more than likely...danny falls off first. or...danny ends up moving up before broner gets anywhere near his weight.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:19 PM) *
if broner/garcia doesn't happen somewhere down the line it will be because one of them fell off. more than likely...danny falls off first. or...danny ends up moving up before broner gets anywhere near his weight.

I'd like to see Broner Bradley along the road. Or even Broner Berto if berto can straighten out his situation.
mgrover
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Broner hasn't even fought good enough opposition yet for us to say what he can do against may weather. sleep.gif We haven't seen the best or worst of Broner. Mayweather is ELITE. Broner is a great prospect. I want to see want he can do against Gamboa, Russell Jr, Bradley, Rios, Garcia. Then we can talk Mayweather. Look at their accomplishments at 130. They don't even compare. Their level of opposition at 130 doesn't compare. Broner has a LONG way to go. I honestly don't think he could outclass Marquez. But we'll see. Mayweather got bloodied against Cotto because he decided not to box and fight Cotto's type of fight. Broner definitely wouldn't even match up to a Welterweight cotto. You guys also forgot about Pedro Diaz. Look up this trainers resume, he's a big factor in Mayweather's competitive fight against Cotto. Mayweather could've made it another Mayweather Marquez fight and outboxed him easy. Just watch rounds 1-3. Also remember that was the first time Mayweather fought at 154 in 5 years. He's only fought there once before. Mayweather also had hand problems fight night and he was sick. AND he had 10 oz gloves on ! lol

are you working for Mayweather?? I mean that lovely list of excuses have all come out of his camp...
checkleft
Idk how people can say broner is untested and then mention Russell. He needs to start fighting some real fighters before he talks about Donaire like he has been

But I think that comparison made between cotto and Garcia is a good one, I think they both are hard nosed but have underratted timing and boxing ability. Rios needs to prove himself just as much as anyone, he hasn't done much either. It's a good thing he didn't fight marquez at 135 because he would have gotten slaughtered in katsidids fashion
Marcus
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 24 2012, 04:22 PM) *
are you working for Mayweather?? I mean that lovely list of excuses have all come out of his camp...

No i am not working for Mayweather. However if you watch interviews and press conferences leading up to the Cotto bout Mayweather was sick. Anyways thats besides the point. Its not an excuse if he got the W.
mgrover
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 09:24 PM) *
No i am not working for Mayweather. However if you watch interviews and press conferences leading up to the Cotto bout Mayweather was sick. Anyways thats besides the point. Its not an excuse if he got the W.

seemed like it. btw what weight gloves did he fight mosley with, and ortiz with. he couldnt of put on another marquez fight against cotto he was on those ropes cause cotto put him there wink.gif
Marcus
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 24 2012, 04:27 PM) *
seemed like it. btw what weight gloves did he fight mosley with, and ortiz with. he couldnt of put on another marquez fight against cotto he was on those ropes cause cotto put him there wink.gif

He fought Mosley and Ortiz at welterweight (147) so he used 8 oz. gloves.
True! You're very right i have to give Cotto credit he did give Mayweather a fight. But i honestly think Mayweather could've made it easier than it was. Not to say it wouldn't have been difficult either route Mayweather took. But he could've made it easier lol
Do you guys think its wise for Mayweather continue to do what he's done against Ortiz and Cotto and fight toe to toe battles? Personally i think he should just stick to what brought him to the top. Its getting the job done but he's making it harder and taking more punishment. What are your thoughts?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Broner hasn't even fought good enough opposition yet for us to say what he can do against may weather. sleep.gif We haven't seen the best or worst of Broner. Mayweather is ELITE. Broner is a great prospect. I want to see want he can do against Gamboa, Russell Jr, Bradley, Rios, Garcia. Then we can talk Mayweather. Look at their accomplishments at 130. They don't even compare. Their level of opposition at 130 doesn't compare. Broner has a LONG way to go. I honestly don't think he could outclass Marquez. But we'll see. Mayweather got bloodied against Cotto because he decided not to box and fight Cotto's type of fight. Broner definitely wouldn't even match up to a Welterweight cotto. You guys also forgot about Pedro Diaz. Look up this trainers resume, he's a big factor in Mayweather's competitive fight against Cotto. Mayweather could've made it another Mayweather Marquez fight and outboxed him easy. Just watch rounds 1-3. Also remember that was the first time Mayweather fought at 154 in 5 years. He's only fought there once before. Mayweather also had hand problems fight night and he was sick.

gamboa, russell, bradley, rios and garcia...that is a very nice list.

i disagree about broner/marquez. i think broner does what floyd did....only he stops jmm.

i also disagree about floyd deciding not to box. he wanted to box...and did in spots. cotto just applied intelligent pressure and good work on the inside. most guys are mesmerized by floyds speed....cotto wasn't.
BoxingStill#1

I dont agree with this post by far..

Yes Floyed is basically the second face of boxing,

Yes, due to his exposure with Ben he does have a good fan base here, but I find it a bit disrespectful by saying thats all we wanna talk about,

When the enitre boxning community and general public was trashing we gave him an ear and we were labled nuthuggers by folks like you..

Truth is, this is "Fight Hype"...and Floyed is relevant and a lot of HYPE surrounds him..

daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Idk how people can say broner is untested and then mention Russell. He needs to start fighting some real fighters before he talks about Donaire like he has been

But I think that comparison made between cotto and Garcia is a good one, I think they both are hard nosed but have underratted timing and boxing ability. Rios needs to prove himself just as much as anyone, he hasn't done much either. It's a good thing he didn't fight marquez at 135 because he would have gotten slaughtered in katsidids fashion

i agree. at 140 rios is going to be very ordinary. broner beats him...so does garcia.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 03:24 PM) *

usually guys who win don't need to make excuses. i thought it was the toughest fight of floyds career. i'd like to see the rematch at msg.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 03:31 PM) *
He fought Mosley and Ortiz at welterweight (147) so he used 8 oz. gloves. True! You're very right i have to give Cotto credit he did give Mayweather a fight. But i honestly think Mayweather could've made it easier than it was. Not to say it wouldn't have been difficult either route Mayweather took. But he could've made it easier lol
Do you guys think its wise for Mayweather continue to do what he's done against Ortiz and Cotto and fight toe to toe battles? Personally i think he should just stick to what brought him to the top. Its getting the job done but he's making it harder and taking more punishment. What are your thoughts?

false. welterweight fights don't use 8oz gloves anymore unless they're requested...like they were in cotto/margarito 1.

Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:43 PM) *
usually guys who win don't need to make excuses. i thought it was the toughest fight of floyds career. i'd like to see the rematch at msg.

Well he said it was the toughest opponent he's ever faced in an interview. I don't really want to see a rematch. Well not right away. I'd like to see Canelo vs Cotto in december then the winner fights Mayweather in May for the WBC Jr. Middleweight title.
BoxingStill#1
Marquez test Broaner...IMO beats him

Like many people are saying, we are yet to see him and how he can deal with various styles from notable, time tested fighters,

Im not knockin the kid, he has serious potential.. one thing I like for example is this: He knew exactly when to pressure his guy,.. he said Im gonna walk him down and did just that, put in necessary investment to the body, and got him out of there.

He did get hit a bit more than I liked to have seen, but handled it well I think..

Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:45 PM) *
false. welterweight fights don't use 8oz gloves anymore unless they're requested...like they were in cotto/margarito 1.

Well I believer Mayweather used 8 0zs against Ortiz and Mosley to answer that Question.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Well he said it was the toughest opponent he's ever faced in an interview. I don't really want to see a rematch. Well not right away. I'd like to see Canelo vs Cotto in december then the winner fights Mayweather in May for the WBC Jr. Middleweight title.

cotto locked msg in for november. canelo isn't ready for cotto.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:39 PM) *
gamboa, russell, bradley, rios and garcia...that is a very nice list.

i disagree about broner/marquez. i think broner does what floyd did....only he stops jmm.

i also disagree about floyd deciding not to box. he wanted to box...and did in spots. cotto just applied intelligent pressure and good work on the inside. most guys are mesmerized by floyds speed....cotto wasn't.

Don't sleep on Marquez! lol that would be a great test for Broner in terms of out smarting and boxing. Just because Floyd made him look like an amateur doesn't mean it will be easy for Broner. Look at the challenge Marquez gave Pacquiao in December. But then again Broner is a good boxer. But as i said before we really can't say how he will do against these next level opponents until he starts Getting W's over them and thats just what it all comes down to.

Cotto did say Mayweather was difficult to hit by the way..
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:57 PM) *

Im down weather he's ready or not.. lol..

Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2012, 04:57 PM) *

Canelo isn't ready for Cotto but i have a gut feeling they will put him in with Mayweather next year either in may, most likely september. The irony. And who can Cotto really face that will generate the amount of money that Mayweather and Canelo can.
UNLESSSSSSS... Sergio beats JCC Jr.
Then we have Cotto Vs Martinez.. that would be some shit lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 24 2012, 03:59 PM) *
Don't sleep on Marquez! lol that would be a great test for Broner in terms of out smarting and boxing. Just because Floyd made him look like an amateur doesn't mean it will be easy for Broner. Look at the challenge Marquez gave Pacquiao in December. But then again Broner is a good boxer. But as i said before we really can't say how he will do against these next level opponents until he starts Getting W's over them and thats just what it all comes down to.

broner presents all the same problems floyd did to marquez but at this point...i think broner may be a little faster and stronger than floyd. marquez is not going to outslick broner and he doesn't fight aggressive enough to beat him either. he hasn't got the accomplishments under his belt just yet...but make no mistake about it...broner has world class talent. his professionalism and lack of character leave a lot to be desired....but his skill is undeniable.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 24 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Im down weather he's ready or not.. lol..

canelo won't fight the 2nd tier guys....i seriously doubt he fights cotto anytime soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.