Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morales-Garcia II Announced For October 20-New York
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Morales Gets A Rematch With Garcia: In October No Rematch for Khan (For Now.)

Im sure most of us have heard by now, Morales gets another crack at the WBC title against Garcia. Not only that, but the WBA and Ring Title as well...wow. I know Khan is having a fit right now, but who cares laugh.gif

I must say that Morales made it a fight, the first time around. There were a few close rounds, but that open scoring in Texas was jacked up, to say the least. Im not all that pumped for this rematch, but Im just glad it's not Khan...he needs to move on.

I also read that this will be airing on Showtime, rather than HBO. Great! No nuthugging or biased commentary, just hard, cold, facts...couldn't ask for more in that aspect.

Is this a good business move for the Garcia camp? Who else can Garcia fight at 140, that makes sense (translation: money)? What if Morales happens to win?
sduck
What does Khan think he deserves a rematch? Lol you got knocked out buddy.
mgrover
who the fuck does morales think he is, no offence to the legend, but he never deserved a shot at the first belt, and then to lose it on the scales...Garcia should go fight Ajose, that man has been pushed aside so many times its disgusting.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 26 2012, 11:47 AM) *
who the fuck does morales think he is, no offence to the legend, but he never deserved a shot at the first belt, and then to lose it on the scales...Garcia should go fight Ajose, that man has been pushed aside so many times its disgusting.

You're right, he never deserved a shot at the title the first time around. Although I must admit, him and Matthysse fighting for the title (as originally scheduled) would've been worth it.

As I read, Morales wants to continue fighting, but elects not to fight tune-ups and so forth...translation: he just wants money fights. At this age, can you blame him? I believe he's just gonna "Bret Favre" it, and fight until he just doesn't have the physical ability to do so anymore.

I like Ajose, and I thoroughly enjoyed his last fight against Cheba (check it out)! However, it's unfortunate that we have to accept the fact that he doesn't have a name...that's how the WBC's looking at it anyway. I feel sorry for fighters who are gullible enough to believe in eliminator bouts...unless of course, they have a name.

He just needs to stop paying those eliminator fees, and forget about that title. If he beats the hell out of enough people, then the sanctioning bodies will want him to be champ. Oh who am I kidding...that's not how sanctioning bodies work. laugh.gif
Franchize
I think it's an excellent move by Garcia. I still don't think he's ready for top quality opposition. Khan was clearly outboxing him. He just took advantage of Khan having one of the worst chins in boxng. I think if he tries to go fight one of the top young lions out there, they're going to turn more than his frown upside down.
daprofessor
i think it may be another good fight. i welcome it. also, i believe morales' accomplishments merit him skipping to the front of the line. he's a legend in the sport and deserves every opportunity he gets. i'll be rooting for danny but i wouldn't be surprised if morales beats him this time.
checkleft
The winner better fight Lucas.
Jack 1000
What if anything will be different concerning the outcome?

Here is the Fightnews Presser:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/morales-ga...tober-20-125765

Jack
checkleft
Paulie is suppose to be on the card as well
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 26 2012, 03:27 PM) *
What if anything will be different concerning the outcome?

Here is the Fightnews Presser:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/morales-ga...tober-20-125765

Jack

morales had surgery prior to their fight. he had every reason to pull out of the fight, but didn't. he may be more fit this time. they can possibly be the difference between winning and losing. i don't recall him using it as an excuse...but the fact that he wanted the rematch speaks volumes.
Cshel86
If he has any surgery before this fight, it needs to be a mild gastric bypass surgery. cool.gif
checkleft
Does anyone else get the feeling gbp is mad at Khan now?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 26 2012, 05:51 PM) *
If he has any surgery before this fight, it needs to be a mild gastric bypass surgery. cool.gif

laugh.gif

Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 26 2012, 04:31 PM) *
Paulie is suppose to be on the card as well

Imagine how he feels...he cant even headline a decent card in his own town. Aint that a bitch???

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 26 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Does anyone else get the feeling gbp is mad at Khan now?

They cant be any more upset with him, than they are with Ortiz...I can tell ya that much.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 26 2012, 09:04 PM) *
laugh.gif

Seriously man, lol. I cant fuckin' wrap my head around the fact that fighters with shitty habits between fights (horrible eating habits, drinking, smoking, drugs), thinks that a fuckin' 8-week camp will suffice. I mean seriously, guys like Rios, Morales, and few others, spend most of the camp trying to lose weight. What a bunch of assholes they are...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 26 2012, 08:12 PM) *
Imagine how he feels...he cant even headline a decent card in his own town. Aint that a bitch???

They cant be any more upset with him, than they are with Ortiz...I can tell ya that much.

Seriously man, lol. I cant fuckin' wrap my head around the fact that fighters with shitty habits between fights (horrible eating habits, drinking, smoking, drugs), thinks that a fuckin' 8-week camp will suffice. I mean seriously, guys like Rios, Morales, and few others, spend most of the camp trying to lose weight. What a bunch of assholes they are...

it comes with the territory and is not new. fighters have been struggling with these things for decades. i think ol' archie moore could have taught these guys a thing or two about making weight the right way. that cat used to chew meat to get all the nutrients and spit it out instead of swallowing. i know i'm still amazed at how some of these guys eat. watching floyd eat fried chicken...or broner with his twinkies...some guys can get away with eating whatever they want. most cannot. then there are guys who do everything right and end up stuck between weights...so they have nothing to lose. they end up dehydrating themselves. it's all crazy and leads to problems down the line. it used to be nothing for me to drop weight and i used to go up and down like a yo-yo. when i stopped boxing i gained plenty. if i knew then what i know now....i wouldn't have messed with my body like that. seriously though....bhop should write a book or teach a class or something.

Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 26 2012, 09:29 PM) *
it comes with the territory and is not new. fighters have been struggling with these things for decades. i think ol' archie moore could have taught these guys a thing or two about making weight the right way. that cat used to chew meat to get all the nutrients and spit it out instead of swallowing. i know i'm still amazed at how some of these guys eat. watching floyd eat fried chicken...or broner with his twinkies...some guys can get away with eating whatever they want. most cannot. then there are guys who do everything right and end up stuck between weights...so they have nothing to lose. they end up dehydrating themselves. it's all crazy and leads to problems down the line. it used to be nothing for me to drop weight and i used to go up and down like a yo-yo. when i stopped boxing i gained plenty. if i knew then what i know now....i wouldn't have messed with my body like that. seriously though....bhop should write a book or teach a class or something.

I can imagine how Archie Moore used to get away with it...I mean hell, they used to fight OFTEN back in the day. The difference is, these guys fight every 4-6 months, and Im sure most of these guys (Rios and Morales in particular) drink like shit between fights.

Of course we know that drinking slows down your metabolism, and since Floyd doesn't drink (as he says), then Im sure it's no big deal to burn off that junk food off. He and Broner train like shit too, so it shouldn't be a problem for them to eat whatever.

Guys like Rios and Morales, make it painfully obvious that they only train when a fight comes up...they cant fool us any longer. B-Hop makes weight like it's nothing, and that's a feat in itself at his age.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 26 2012, 11:47 AM) *

Definitely.
KOpower
The only good thing about this is that it means Floyd won't fight Garcia at the end of the year.

This fight doesn't interest me at all.
checkleft
I don't wanna beat a dead horse here but.. the winner of ajose matthysse gets winner?
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 27 2012, 01:12 AM) *
I don't wanna beat a dead horse here but.. the winner of ajose matthysse gets winner?

Hate to tell ya this Check, but yes, you're beating a dead horse here...Ajose gets nothing! He's been the #1 contender for at least a year now, but the fact that he doesn't have a name, is killing him right now. The WBC is giving this dude the run-around...
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Hate to tell ya this Check, but yes, you're beating a dead horse here...Ajose gets nothing! He's been the #1 contender for at least a year now, but the fact that he doesn't have a name, is killing him right now. The WBC is giving this dude the run-around...

kinda hard to make a name when nobody gives you a shot at the title, all boxers cant be like canelo and have that shit handed to them
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 27 2012, 06:10 PM) *
kinda hard to make a name when nobody gives you a shot at the title, all boxers cant be like canelo and have that shit handed to them

You're right, all fighters cant be like Canelo and have titles handed to them, but again, it comes down to whoever handles their career. If you dont have the right people, then you're screwed anyhow.

How many fighters have we seen get that big opportunity, win it, and their career goes nowhere after that? How many fighters have been out their and never held a major title? It happens...
mgrover
since the Olympic fights are round the corner funny to see what kinda message pro boxing puts towards the amateurs
checkleft
Speaking of the Olympics is it me or does raushee look a lot like sweet pea? Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.