Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billy Dib has signed with TMT Promotions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Kratza
50 cents new promotional company has signed Andre Dirrell, Yuriorkis Gamboa and now IBF Featherweight champion, Billy Dib, 50 cent has tweeted on twitter:

@50cent: @TheRealBillyDib TMT nothing but the best suckers IBF champ pic.twitter.com/YDiwAVR4

@50Cent: @TheRealBillyDib IBF feather weight champion TMT promotions get with the program pic.twitter.com/YlGj0CLh

and

@50Cent: @TheRealBillyDib the beginning of something great. pic.twitter.com/B99Nk7Sn

Who's next for TMT promotions?
mitukczuk
To be honest, I believe that TMT will be a good promotion company. As 50 said himself, he very rarely fails, which is true. He is a clever businessman...I will definitely keep a closer eye on him and TMT.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 28 2012, 11:49 AM) *
50 cents new promotional company has signed Andre Dirrell, Yuriorkis Gamboa and now IBF Featherweight champion, Billy Dib, 50 cent has tweeted on twitter:

@50cent: @TheRealBillyDib TMT nothing but the best suckers IBF champ pic.twitter.com/YDiwAVR4

@50Cent: @TheRealBillyDib IBF feather weight champion TMT promotions get with the program pic.twitter.com/YlGj0CLh

and

@50Cent: @TheRealBillyDib the beginning of something great. pic.twitter.com/B99Nk7Sn

Who's next for TMT promotions?

Interesting. I wonder how much of a stake FMJ has in this co., if any. If so, my next question is whether this is playing a part in boxers signing, or are they just being offered deals that are too good to turn down? I can imagine that being told that you're guaranteed a spot on a Mayweather card is a compelling reason to sign.
Cshel86
From what I know, Mayweather is part owner of TMT Promotions, so this should be interesting.
mrchitown
I am rooting for TMT promotions to be a success. I've been reading reactions on other sites and it's absolutely disgusting, I think what 50 is doing is a big boost to boxing and he'll expose it to a broader audience then the current landscape of promoters in boxing. Floyd and 50 have basically pulled off a power move. Can't wait to see who they sign next
Cshel86
Im more than happy to know that 50 had a pretty good boxing background, though he didn't go pro. With that in mind, that doesn't give me an indication that this will be yet another failed business venture by another rapper. Glad to see him doing something constructive with his money!
BoxingStill#1
I was actually gonna start a thread on 50 and TMT potential impact on boxing....but here is good enough I thhink

I think 50I has been looking for a new way to get richer without rapping for some time now. Ever since the says of ,nap of fingers, do yo step".. to soldier boy, to now the the trend is more directed toward dancing 50 hasnt been able to keep up lyrically. Its just not his genre of music I feel. He has tried though, I cant remember the last time I heard him make a respectable hard song, most have been geared toward the ladies...

My point is this, 50 is trying to market himself where ever the market is. Weather it be songs for the ladies. Energy drinks, vitamin water, dildo replica's... u name it, 50 wants to make new money by any means. Its in his nature, he's a hustler. ...

50 wants to be a kingpin, and him as a promoter just might be the way.

Lets face it folks, he's been showing face on 24/7 along side the P4P king as long as it has been broadcast. Weve got Mayweather saying how close he is to him and respects him and so forth. Linking up with Floyed may have been an entire business move from the beginning. 50 wants to stay relevant and I believe he finally found a way.

With all that said, TMT is a breath of fresh air imo. It may be something like death row records, unstoppable during its peak but can come tumbling down with poor management. ...

Side note, since 50 has a NY license, who else should he sign other than Cotto himself?......lol..
Hotsauce
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 30 2012, 05:26 AM) *
I was actually gonna start a thread on 50 and TMT potential impact on boxing....but here is good enough I thhink

I think 50I has been looking for a new way to get richer without rapping for some time now. Ever since the says of ,nap of fingers, do yo step".. to soldier boy, to now the the trend is more directed toward dancing 50 hasnt been able to keep up lyrically. Its just not his genre of music I feel. He has tried though, I cant remember the last time I heard him make a respectable hard song, most have been geared toward the ladies...

My point is this, 50 is trying to market himself where ever the market is. Weather it be songs for the ladies. Energy drinks, vitamin water, dildo replica's... u name it, 50 wants to make new money by any means. Its in his nature, he's a hustler. ...

Lets face it folks, he's been showing face on 24/7 along side the P4P king as long as it has been broadcast. Weve got Mayweather saying how close he is to him and respects him and so forth. Linking up with Floyed may have been an entire business move from the beginning. 50 wants to stay relevant and I believe he finally found a way.

With all that said, TMT is a breath of fresh air imo. It may be something like death row records, unstoppable during its peak but can come tumbling down with poor management. ...

Side note, since 50 has a NY license, who else should he sign other than Cotto himself?......lol..

death row was GOAT from 92 to 96
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 30 2012, 05:26 AM) *

You clearly haven't heard his last 3 or 4 mixtapes. Check his Gangsta Grillz mixtape with Dj Drama, check out the ep he put out on his birthday earlier this month called 5:Murder by numbers, and even go check out the big 10. I think you'll see he'ss till hard body with the music. He's a pretty good marketer so like he said he rarely doesn't make an impact. He's looked at as non relevant in hip hop bt all of his albums have gone gold and platinum or multi-platinum. I look at it as a good move for both he and Floyd. The business of boxing, like other sports is brutal. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited aboutt he possibility of 2 African American men making their mark on a sport where they often times get exploited.

You really think he'd link up with Floyd just to stay relevant...Interesting lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 30 2012, 01:53 PM) *
death row was GOAT from 92 to 96

Suge was a musical genius. He let that thug shit ruin arguably the greatest hip hop label ever
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 30 2012, 05:35 PM) *
You clearly haven't heard his last 3 or 4 mixtapes. Check his Gangsta Grillz mixtape with Dj Drama, check out the ep he put out on his birthday earlier this month called 5:Murder by numbers, and even go check out the big 10. I think you'll see he'ss till hard body with the music. He's a pretty good marketer so like he said he rarely doesn't make an impact. He's looked at as non relevant in hip hop bt all of his albums have gone gold and platinum or multi-platinum. I look at it as a good move for both he and Floyd. The business of boxing, like other sports is brutal. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited aboutt he possibility of 2 African American men making their mark on a sport where they often times get exploited.

You really think he'd link up with Floyd just to stay relevant...Interesting lmao

Interesting indeed,.. but a legit opinion to say the least

Now, Im not a huge follower of 50 and to me he hasnt made an album (or ever will) that would match his first. Mixtapes dont really count for me. Which is why as good as Wayne is on mixtapes his albums cant live to the hype.

I guess he really is gonna get rich or die trying
checkleft
I don't trust 50. And if I was Floyd I wouldn't trust him either, I would let Tmt put his little brand on the banner on fight night but still let golden boy co promote. 50 has always been about himself nothing else. This isn't some chump change they are playing with here these are fighters careers and lives/peoples health were dealing with.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 30 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Suge was a musical genius. He let that thug shit ruin arguably the greatest hip hop label ever

word

all he had to was sit back and sign checks.

naw dude wanted to be a goon while running a record label.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 30 2012, 05:40 PM) *
Interesting indeed,.. but a legit opinion to say the least

Now, Im not a huge follower of 50 and to me he hasnt made an album (or ever will) that would match his first. Mixtapes dont really count for me. Which is why as good as Wayne is on mixtapes his albums cant live to the hype.

I guess he really is gonna get rich or die trying

Mixtapes are a part of hip hop culture so as a whole they do count but everybody's entitled to their opinion. And as far as albums goes, especially as it relates to hip hop music, mixtapes count alot more these days.

I think people get caught up in the public perception of an entertainer and take it like its reality. I was always a fan of 50's music and I remember when he dissed Nas and I had just met Nas at the HOB here in Chicago when streets disciple came out. The compny I worked for was promoting 50's album the massacre and I actually got a chance to meet him, I remember he played the whole album and opened up a q & a afterwards and I found he's really not what he presents to the public. I've promoted many gunit/50 albums since then as I have TI/grand hustle and those 2 are the realest cats I've met. I put myself thru college with the cash I made working their projects

And as far as relevanncy, 50 is more relevant then Mayweather is. 50 and Mayweather linked up in 07, you can't tell me Floyd was popular at that time but 50 was and he still is. Mayweather himself even said that he's still not as popular as some in the boxing community believe he is and that he's constantly working to brand his image. Floyd doesn't even have endorsement deals and 50 does. I think he's pretty relevant,See the xxl article 50 and Floyd did promoting the money team. I think your lumping 50 into a Kardashian category, which is the total opposite of what it really is.H Alot of people think the money team is just some slang or shit they made up out the blue, but those same people should do research and see the investments the 2 men make together..and this is before the TMT announcement. They are angel investors and TMT is what they do it under (you can fact check that in an interview they did last yr) and thru floyd and 50's page on a very usesful site for enterpreneurs called angel's list

You may never have the opportunity to meet 50 but don't categorize him because you see something on tv, lol..and I doubt you could name an album that matched the first lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 30 2012, 06:27 PM) *
word

all he had to was sit back and sign checks.

naw dude wanted to be a goon while running a record label.

Suge is a sad case, I think everyone was down with his concept of a black male not taking shit from people who don't understand the culture. DR was a historic record company and if you look at ti, the model of Hip Hop labels is being molded in the way he created DR with Doc Dre. He does stuff now just seeking attention...it's so sad. Everytime he opens his mouth now he spews out a 2pac story. Pathetic
mrchitown
#20 Rick Ross Net Worth $25 Million
#19 Tie between T-Pain and T.I Net Worth $30 Million
#18 Nelly Net Worth $55 Million
#17 Busta Rhymes Net Worth $60 Million
#16 Ludacris Net Worth $65 Million
#15 Beastie Boys Net Worth $75 Million Each
#14 Timbaland Net Worth $75 Million
#13 Pharrell Williams Net Worth $77.5 Million
#12 Tie between LL Cool J and Akon Net Worth $80 Million
#11 Kanye West Net Worth $90 Million
#10 Lil Wayne Net Worth $95 Million
#9 Ice Cube Net Worth $100 Million
#8 Snoop Dogg Net Worth $110 Million
#7 Birdman Net Worth $115 Million
#6 Eminem Net Worth $120 Million
#5 50 Cent Net Worth $250 Million
#4 Dr. Dre Net Worth $260 Million
#3 Master P Net Worth $350 Million
#2 Jay-Z Net Worth $475 Million
#1 Diddy Net Worth $500 Million
Richest Rappers Articles

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/...rs-alive-today/

Look where 50's at and look at others. These cats been doing it longer then him and he's probably going to leapfrog Master P and Dre. I think he got rich and still trying to get richer lol
checkleft
Master P at #3??? I didn't even know that guy still existed let alone was one of the richest artists lol
BoxingStill#1
Welp....there is much be said about this, but thank God this is a boxing forum and not hip hop. So Im forcing myself not to dive into a debate about it lol.

Im simply making a point about 50 trying to stay relevant. The artist listed above arent just rappers. (anymore) The majority, including 50, used rapping as a launch pad for other endeavors into making mula. Take master P for example, his net worth is high but people rarely even think about this dude. But few know that he produces and directs movies and shows such as Gone in sixty seconds, or nikalodean programs. (Yeah I spelled it wrong lol).. point is its a smart move financially but also a move to stay relevant.

Im not knocking 50 in any way homebread so you can keep the skully cap and bullet proof vest on..

He is an inspiration to many I see TMT taking off for the stars,.. but you have to admit, his appearances in front of the camera's on 24/7 and promotions have only gained him stock with us (the boxing community)

daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 30 2012, 06:13 PM) *
I don't trust 50. And if I was Floyd I wouldn't trust him either, I would let Tmt put his little brand on the banner on fight night but still let golden boy co promote. 50 has always been about himself nothing else. This isn't some chump change they are playing with here these are fighters careers and lives/peoples health were dealing with.

u have a valid point here...

i think most promotional companies starting off are going to make some mistakes. this shouldn't be a big problem for established fighters...but if ur new to the game and looking to be developed....i'd go with a proven promoter before TMT. GBP wouldn't be an option either. the only prospect they've developed was mares...a bunch of others have fallen to the side.

i like the idea of 50 promoting because there are plenty of african american boxers that get overlooked or bypassed all together. it's why i like al haymon. i'm sure he'll be involved somehow with these guys. they all have plenty of money to throw at this thing so let's see what happens.
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 30 2012, 07:13 PM) *

This. I respect 50 for his business savvy more than his music, but he als knows how to ditch companies quick once theyve lost their luster. See Vitamin Water.

N that net worth list is a bit old. Both Jay Z and Diddy are over 600 mill strong.

I just think 50 is going to oversaturate boxing with markting his products. Look for SK logos on EVERYTHING!

Also, I'm curious to see what Floyd's comments will be about having Berto, an apparent Roider, on his money team.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 31 2012, 06:19 AM) *
Welp....there is much be said about this, but thank God this is a boxing forum and not hip hop. So Im forcing myself not to dive into a debate about it lol.

Im simply making a point about 50 trying to stay relevant. The artist listed above arent just rappers. (anymore) The majority, including 50, used rapping as a launch pad for other endeavors into making mula. Take master P for example, his net worth is high but people rarely even think about this dude. But few know that he produces and directs movies and shows such as Gone in sixty seconds, or nikalodean programs. (Yeah I spelled it wrong lol).. point is its a smart move financially but also a move to stay relevant.

Im not knocking 50 in any way homebread so you can keep the skully cap and bullet proof vest on..

He is an inspiration to many I see TMT taking off for the stars,.. but you have to admit, his appearances in front of the camera's on 24/7 and promotions have only gained him stock with us (the boxing community)

Homebread lol....oookay lol. Nice sneak diss but ok. TMT I hope does things in a respectable manner and that the company as a whole does well. I really want to see who they sign next and what kinds of cards they will be putting on. To me that's the key, if their cards are shit then the boxing world will tune them out. I do know one thing and that is Floyd and 50 will bring a younger demographic to boxing and that's what it needs
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 31 2012, 07:05 PM) *
This. I respect 50 for his business savvy more than his music, but he als knows how to ditch companies quick once theyve lost their luster. See Vitamin Water.

N that net worth list is a bit old. Both Jay Z and Diddy are over 600 mill strong.

I just think 50 is going to oversaturate boxing with markting his products. Look for SK logos on EVERYTHING!

Also, I'm curious to see what Floyd's comments will be about having Berto, an apparent Roider, on his money team.

The list is not old and I would like you to link me proof of your claims of those two being worth that much because that is inaccurate and thie list and link I put up was released days ago but feel free to prove me wrong if you can...and I hope your wrong about him doing the product placement overkill. I think that would be a dumb ass move, the boxing fans won't accept that crap for too long. Berto? Me and you both, I hope he doesn't go politically correct and just says what he really feels about it but we shall see
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 31 2012, 08:05 PM) *

Yikes! I forgot all about that!..

Oan mrchitown, lets agree to disagree here... you obviously know a bit more than the music industry than me at this stage so Im not gonna pretend..lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 31 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Yikes! I forgot all about that!..

Oan mrchitown, lets agree to disagree here... you obviously know a bit more than the music industry than me at this stage so Im not gonna pretend..lol

I was going to say the same but you beat me to it lol. ...but Franchize does raise a good point, am very curious to see how they deal with the Berto situation. It's going to be hard to build him back up in my opinion
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 1 2012, 02:19 AM) *
I was going to say the same but you beat me to it lol. ...but Franchize does raise a good point, am very curious to see how they deal with the Berto situation. It's going to be hard to build him back up in my opinion

Good points guys!

You have to look at it this way...Floyd FOUGHT a guy (Mosley) who had a history of PEDs, so promoting a guy who has a questionable (but somewhat concrete) brush with PEDs, wont be that big of a deal.

With that said, Im sure there's a way that they can flip this and make it work for them, hence why they signed him in the first place.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Good points guys!

You have to look at it this way...Floyd FOUGHT a guy (Mosley) who had a history of PEDs, so promoting a guy who has a questionable (but somewhat concrete) brush with PEDs, wont be that big of a deal.

With that said, Im sure there's a way that they can flip this and make it work for them, hence why they signed him in the first place.

Good point Shels, I think they should rehab Berto's image and put him in some tough match ups to start out. In time, with a string of good performances the fans will put the incident behind them.

On another note, TMT is snapping up a lot of talented boxers. They have all the talent to put on a good fight card. I want too see how they go about the promotions of the fighters and their fight cards and see how the events turn out
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 1 2012, 03:39 PM) *
Good point Shels, I think they should rehab Berto's image and put him in some tough match ups to start out. In time, with a string of good performances the fans will put the incident behind them.

On another note, TMT is snapping up a lot of talented boxers. They have all the talent to put on a good fight card. I want too see how they go about the promotions of the fighters and their fight cards and see how the events turn out

Thanks, Im sure that they something in mind for him. I'll admit that Im not the biggest Berto fan, but I do miss seeing the dude in the ring. I guess I have that genuine hope that all fighters at least try to reach their full potential before hanging 'em up.

Hope they're able to pick up a few more fighters in the same division, so that they can start matching them up. This whole promotional thing has a different type of pressure to it, because people love to hate Floyd and 50. With that kind of hate, they'll be around for years...hence the lifespan of Top Rank thus far.
Cshel86
PS: Speaking of this TMT stuff...Im just WAITING to see who opens a "Floyd is Free" thread, since the man gets out of jail in about a day or so. laugh.gif Personally, I dont want to hear anything from him yet, and Im sure he feels the same about immediate interviews and such.

Just hopes he catches up on this missed time with his family, gets healthy again, and hit the scene again soon. I can imagine how hard it is for Floyd being in jail in regards to the media, since we have more message boards, facebook, twitter, and other crazy shit on the internet...Im sure Tyson didn't have to deal with this much publicity while being locked up.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 05:11 PM) *
PS: Speaking of this TMT stuff...Im just WAITING to see who opens a "Floyd is Free" thread, since the man gets out of jail in about a day or so. laugh.gif Personally, I dont want to hear anything from him yet, and Im sure he feels the same about immediate interviews and such.

Just hopes he catches up on this missed time with his family, gets healthy again, and hit the scene again soon. I can imagine how hard it is for Floyd being in jail in regards to the media, since we have more message boards, facebook, twitter, and other crazy shit on the internet...Im sure Tyson didn't have to deal with this much publicity while being locked up.

Funny thing I was looking to get my hands on one of those "Free Money May" shirts that broner was wearing to hang up somewhere, couldn't find one anywhere though. Kinda losing its lust now though haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Funny thing I was looking to get my hands on one of those "Free Money May" shirts that broner was wearing to hang up somewhere, couldn't find one anywhere though. Kinda losing its lust now though haha

laugh.gif

I may have checked for one, had he been sentenced to a few years, but this is normal for dude to be out of the ring for months at a time anyway...so 60 days is nothing. Lol
Slumpage
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 31 2012, 07:05 PM) *

I think this is an easy fix for TMT. Berto was the one who actually asked for testing, and the positive sample he provided only had TRACE amounts of the PED in it. I think the term they used was something like, "indicative of contamination, not actual cheating". So the TMT PR folks can just sell it like Berto is a clean fighter, his request for better testing in the fight proves his desire to be clean, he just took a supplement that was apparently contaminated with trace amounts of an anabolic steroid Norandrosterone. However his test request already shows he was on board with Floyd's better testing in the sport mandate. So if anything its more of an issue of Berto not being as vigilant as he should have been with his supplementation supply, not that he's a dity roiding cheatbag. The other angle TMT could go is to try an discredit VADA, the Conte endorsed/owned?! testing agency that has proclaimed Lamont and Andre as testing positive. Not sure they'd bother with that though, what with Conte being involved with Berto and Conte's seemingly vast knowledge on the subject, prob best to leave that worm can unopened.
Cshel86
^^^

What's up Slump!

Let's hope TMT gets Gamboa back in the ring soon! Dude has some heavy lifting to do...he needs to go on one of those Chris Arreola-type war paths, where he fights every other month to get back in the game. I believe Kirkland did the same thing when he got out of prison....same as Gamboa getting out of TR prison. LOL
daprofessor
call me old fashioned...but i don't think much needs to change in how boxing is covered. the fight should remain the center of focus. nice ring walks work....but please give me some big booty ring card girls. if they put on shows at the bigger venues...make sure there's a jumbo tron for replays....skip the commercials. no whack deejays...and i don't need an emcee screaming in my ear where i can barely make out what's being said. make sure the sound system is legit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Thanks, Im sure that they something in mind for him. I'll admit that Im not the biggest Berto fan, but I do miss seeing the dude in the ring. I guess I have that genuine hope that all fighters at least try to reach their full potential before hanging 'em up.

Hope they're able to pick up a few more fighters in the same division, so that they can start matching them up. This whole promotional thing has a different type of pressure to it, because people love to hate Floyd and 50. With that kind of hate, they'll be around for years...hence the lifespan of Top Rank thus far.

I like watching Berto fight as well, he is a pretty good offensive fighter and when he's matched with fighters who have fire power, it's usually a good showing.

Thats a good point. I didn't think of the hate factor, but in the comments that I've been seeing on other sites, Floyd and 50 are getting blasted. Just goes to show that for some people, no matter how much good they do, some people will find a way to bring in negative energy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.