Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/8PM(PT) Guerrero-Aydin-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's fight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 28 2012, 02:36 PM) *
For all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's fight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator

I guess that this is the thread for the George Groves match too. I just noticed that it says so in the sub-heading.
Cheesey1
Not a bad match-up for Groves. Sierra can definitely take a punch (he seems to like to pose for them). As far as gauging Groves, he's a solid young super-middleweight and should continue to improve. Obviously not ready for top guys yet, but there are a lot of nice match-ups in that division.

When I say top guys, I meant Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell. After clarifying it like that, then maybe he is ready for the top guys, just not those two.
Cshel86
Yes he can take a punch, but damn...he got cold cocked! Not a bad start for the evening...I was doing about 50 things while the fight was on.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2012, 08:37 PM) *
Yes he can take a punch, but damn...he got cold cocked! Not a bad start for the evening...I was doing about 50 things while the fight was on.

Definitely.
mgrover
AM HERE letsss get readyyy to rummbbbleeee
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2012, 08:53 PM) *
AM HERE letsss get readyyy to rummbbbleeee

Coronas? Notepad?
mgrover
notepad, no coronas, work tomorrow

anyone think Bruce has never heard of slipping the jab?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2012, 07:59 PM) *
notepad, no coronas, work tomorrow

anyone think Bruce has never heard of slipping the jab?

Clearly, he contractually-bound NOT to slip a jab or give any head movement whatsoever.
mgrover
i mean seriously, i remember its one of the first things i was ever taught, slip the jab and left hook to head or body.

fuck me hes just teeing off now, should be constant pressure from bruce

Centano though, interesting fighter, I like his style, solid jab, he just needs to find better ways through an opponent guard.
Cshel86
Bruce was just taking it...had no intentions on avoiding any punches.

Wonder why they only showed clips from Lopez's fight against Ortiz, but they should most of Canelo's opponents in his highlight reel. Hell, they could've thrown in some clips of Lopez handling Jessie Vargas. laugh.gif
mgrover
i get being in his position, but it never seemed like he was in danger of getting knocked out, Bruce that is, I mean its all well and good your opponent hitting your guard but come on gotta want to retaliate with something, he didn't even seem like he wanted the W
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2012, 09:45 PM) *
i get being in his position, but it never seemed like he was in danger of getting knocked out, Bruce that is, I mean its all well and good your opponent hitting your guard but come on gotta want to retaliate with something, he didn't even seem like he wanted the W

I thought he was gonna try and pull a "Bailey" and floor the dude, but he didn't do much of anything in there.
mgrover
seemed it after that right hand in the third i think, but he just was far to conservative. also in that other post i meant porters jab, got my water and notepad ready tongue.gif

kermit bayless judge? any relation to a certain skip?
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2012, 10:03 PM) *
kermit bayless judge? any relation to a certain skip?

If it ends up being some fucked up calls, then yes, we could crown him as Skip Bayless' family member of some sort.

They've already clashed heads twice...I see a cut coming out of this soon...
mgrover
theres the cut, also 10-9 porter
Cshel86
Wow! That was a pretty good first round for both guys! Gomez is coming in the fight with bad intentions...something tells me that he's going to try and score and upset for a title shot...maybe against Guerrero if both win tonight.
Cshel86
Maaaaan...Porter is being trolled into a Gomez-type fight. #BadMove
mgrover
round to gomez, porter really cannot move outta the way of that left hook
Cshel86
HA! MY TWEET WAS ON TV DAAAAWG!!!

@Meanest _NiceGuy
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2012, 10:22 PM) *
HA! MY TWEET WAS ON TV DAAAAWG!!!

@Meanest _NiceGuy

I missed it. Nice one!
mgrover
round gomez, my stream is such bad quality i couldnt read it lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 28 2012, 10:23 PM) *
I missed it. Nice one!

Thanks! Porter is all out of position...dude's feet are spread way to far apart.
mgrover
this round was all porter
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 28 2012, 10:28 PM) *
this round was all porter

If Porter keeps working behind the jab, which he stopped doing, then this will be a lot easier.
bnoles4life
Porter, feel free to stay downstairs
mgrover
again porter, he could stop him
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 28 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Porter, feel free to stay downstairs

I just lost a mouth full of beer reading this post! LOL.

Porter is getting comfortable in there...Gomez better get the lead out of his ass...
bnoles4life
Porter should thank his lucky stars that Gomez can't crack much.
mgrover
he does great in a round then slip straight back and making mistakes.
Cshel86
Why does Aydin have that "mass murderer" look on his face???

Man Gomez lands that right hand whenever he wants to...
bnoles4life
I see Porter is contractually prohibited from avoiding R hands this match.
Cheesey1
Porter's trying to prove a point by brawling with this guy. His skills are better than to get caught by some of the stuff that he's getting caught by.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 28 2012, 10:38 PM) *
I see Porter is contractually prohibited from avoiding R hands this match.

Exactly! Getting caught with left hands could be understood, but a right hand is the most basic fuckin' punch out there...so Im sure some other fighters are watching this. Gomez is in there lookin' like an ogre...
Franchize
Good Fight. I missed watching Porter. Almost forgot about him. I actualy think Porter is looking better on the inside than Gomez. The more space he gets, the right hand tags him. Both guys are doin solid body work. Gomez just looks gassed.
Cshel86
Can somebody lend Gomez some legs, please? The ones that he's standing, have no purpose at this point...
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Exactly! Getting caught with left hands could be understood, but a right hand is the most basic fuckin' punch out there...so Im sure some other fighters are watching this. Gomez is in there lookin' like an ogre...

His dad trains him angry2.gif

Damn look at that cut!
Franchize
I hardly ever advocate a stoppage but he's go a whole nother eyebrow
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 28 2012, 10:48 PM) *
His dad trains him angry2.gif

Damn look at that cut!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I remember why you hate hometown trainers! LOL

That cut IS nasty, and this shot should be stopped. Not like he's losing, but damn, it needs to be stopped.
Cheesey1
Damn, that cut is beyond gross.

Is Gomez using his head illegally?
Franchize
Thats the 2nd time he spit the mouthpiece out! He's doin it intentionally!
Cshel86
Okay, here we go...the ref needs his camera time, hence the frequent time-outs that he's been calling.

Speaking of camera time...here goes those freakin' twins getting their time.
mgrover
well porter showed he had what it takes, continue even when things arent going his way, but as bnoles said, what if he was fighting someone that could punch, I mean the left hook and right hand from Gomez just couldnt miss. Maybe its because there was less lateral movement? Who knows, anyways am knackered and this is a sleep day for me, so am missing the next fight.
Franchize
Welp, Porter can look forward to another lay off. That cut is nasty
bnoles4life
"And STILL undefeated.....who, btw, needs to get that Grand Canyon closed......Shaaaaawn Porter!!!"
Franchize
I lik this kids attitude. He didnt look gr8 but he worked his but off and used that hand speed. O well. Win this one, loo good in the next.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 28 2012, 09:59 PM) *
I lik this kids attitude. He didnt look gr8 but he worked his but off and used that hand speed. O well. Win this one, loo good in the next.

True Story, Franchize
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 28 2012, 10:50 PM) *
I hardly ever advocate a stoppage but he's go a whole nother eyebrow

Ha!
mgrover
i know its all for publicity and all, but theres a time and a place for something like that, and to me, its not on a boxing card
BigFightFan
Who is don king promoting? Haven't seen him on a big network in a while.
I'm guessing this is Robert's audition to face Mayweather. Let's see what he can do at WW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.