Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/8PM(PT) Guerrero-Aydin-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Franchize
I honestly dont think this guy would beat Malinaggi. I didnt see anything impressive. The Porter/Gomez fight shoulda been the headliner lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 28 2012, 11:19 PM) *
i thought floyd already had the wbc belt at 147?

Naw, he vacated it...he has the WBC's 154 strap, I think.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 28 2012, 11:20 PM) *
I honestly dont think this guy would beat Malinaggi. I didnt see anything impressive. The Porter/Gomez fight shoulda been the headliner lol

He's not a bad fighter, he was just rustier than Fred Sanford's pick up....that being said, all that noise he was talking, in particular about Floyd, is unwarranted.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2012, 12:13 AM) *
Guerrero ain't no WW. Even if he don't get a Floyd fight and fights another champ at WW, he's going to have problems

From?? Who at 47 would be that much of a problem. I see The Ghost right in the mix with any of the top guys at 147. I see him competitive with guys like Berto, Bradley, Alexander. I mean who are the guys at 47 that would give him a problem? he's a competitive WW who'd have a great shot to beat the top guys.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Sheeeeit. he might stop Paulie. Paulie doesnt have the pop to keep Guerrero honest.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2012, 12:20 AM) *

I thought that Guerrero was able to put together some nice combos, very nice at times. His movement could've been better, but I think that he's capable of better movement. I agree though that Malignaggi would test him. Beat him, I'm not sure, but very possibly.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 28 2012, 11:23 PM) *
From?? Who at 47 would be that much of a problem. I see The Ghost right in the mix with any of the top guys at 147. I see him competitive with guys like Berto, Bradley, Alexander. I mean who are the guys at 47 that would give him a problem? he's a competitive WW who'd have a great shot to beat the top guys.

You just named them. I think he'd have problems with Ortiz, Berto, Bradley would beat him, and Devon would too. He showed NOTHINGin that fight that says he's a player in the WW division. That shitty little green belt he has do t mean nothing. He wouldn't be competitive in a Mayweather fight in my opinion either.

The dude was getting tagged clean by a 1 dimensional fighter in Ayding and he was hurt a few times and probaly would've got knocked down if he wasn't holding on to Aydin like it was his mothers tit. You tell me what you SAW that I'm supposed to be swayed by your point? Because anybody that uses their jab and works his body will beat him in that division

Smh at 1 fight and now a boxer is a player in said division. I don't know that part of the game
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 28 2012, 11:37 PM) *
You just named them. I think he'd have problems with Ortiz, Berto, Bradley would beat him, and Devon would too. He showed NOTHINGin that fight that says he's a player in the WW division. That shitty little green belt he has do t mean nothing. He wouldn't be competitive in a Mayweather fight in my opinion either.

The dude was getting tagged clean by a 1 dimensional fighter in Ayding and he was hurt a few times and probaly would've got knocked down if he wasn't holding on to Aydin like it was his mothers tit. You tell me what you SAW that I'm supposed to be swayed by your point? Because anybody that uses their jab and works his body will beat him in that division

Smh at 1 fight and now a boxer is a player in said division. I don't know that part of the game

hahahahahahahahahaha
Cshel86
I didn't expect this fight to go past 8 rounds, but the fact that it did, and Guerrero didn't look that great down the stretch against a one-dimensional fighter who doesn't throw combinations...is very telling. Hope he fairs well at WW, because he was in trouble a couple of times tonight...
checkleft
I missed the telecast tonight.. can someone tell me what happened to demarco molina?

Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2012, 01:09 AM) *
I missed the telecast tonight.. can someone tell me what happened to demarco molina?

That airs on Sept. 8th
mitukczuk
I am tired of this Guerrero clown even more than I am tired of Ortiz and Khan. Maaan, who does he think he is? Funny shit. It was a sub-par performance even for a 15 month layoff, goddamn!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2012, 12:37 AM) *

Bradley's style and featherfistedness would make for a high action fight with The Ghost. Could go either way, as I see it. Berto is a threat because of his speed and punching power, but he has very poor defense. Ghost would becompetitive here as well. ortiz, just got beat by a virtually unknown high activity guy moving up from 140. Guerrero would be competitive there as well. Alexander is a smallish WW who, in my opinion, lost to guys like Matthysse and Kotelnik. he was given gifts in both of those. Both of those guys are similar in style to Guerrero. The Ghost can hand with Alexander too. Remember Guerrero is coming off a long layoff, plus he's jumping 2 divisions to fight a tough guy. Aydin is a tough out for anyone at WW. I doubt the guys Bradley, Alexander, Berto and ortiz blow through Aydin. he's a tough fight for all of those guys. Guerrero handled him, held on and gutted out a tough fight. I dont think guerrero beats Mayweather. no shame in calling him out though. Get in line and pick a number...

I like the way Aydin owned up to the loss and took nothing away from his opponent at the end of the night.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 29 2012, 12:22 AM) *
He's not a bad fighter, he was just rustier than Fred Sanford's pick up....that being said, all that noise he was talking, in particular about Floyd, is unwarranted.

Nice one. Fred Sanford/Redd Foxx was the man.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2012, 01:09 AM) *

Checkleft, my brother. The 'Weekend in Boxing's your one stop for what's on for the weekend.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 29 2012, 02:20 AM) *
Bradley's style and featherfistedness would make for a high action fight with The Ghost. Could go either way, as I see it. Berto is a threat because of his speed and punching power, but he has very poor defense. Ghost would becompetitive here as well. ortiz, just got beat by a virtually unknown high activity guy moving up from 140. Guerrero would be competitive there as well. Alexander is a smallish WW who, in my opinion, lost to guys like Matthysse and Kotelnik. he was given gifts in both of those. Both of those guys are similar in style to Guerrero. The Ghost can hand with Alexander too. Remember Guerrero is coming off a long layoff, plus he's jumping 2 divisions to fight a tough guy. Aydin is a tough out for anyone at WW. I doubt the guys Bradley, Alexander, Berto and ortiz blow through Aydin. he's a tough fight for all of those guys. Guerrero handled him, held on and gutted out a tough fight. I dont think guerrero beats Mayweather. no shame in calling him out though. Get in line and pick a number...

I like the way Aydin owned up to the loss and took nothing away from his opponent at the end of the night.

I agree he'd be competiive but I don't see him winning those fights. Ghost is a tough as nails fighter, but I just don't envision him as a player at WW. Maybe he could be but I don't see it at the moment. He and Aydin put on 1 helluva show last night. I do want to see his next fight at WW and if he performs better and I mean drastically better then I could change my stance. I see the layoff, the surgery, but he almost lost to a 1 punch,1 fisted, and 1 dimensional fighter.

Yup, everybody wants in on the Mayweather sweepstakes, and he just might get it even though I hope not. Aydin took his L like a true man, he fought well and I think he'd be tough for any belt holder at WW
Jack 1000
I had it for the Ghost 115-113. He won, and is a good fighter, but not great. Floyd will beat the shit out of him, as well as Manny. Even Tim Bradley with two good feet would win.

Jack
Franchize
There's a lot of potential matchups in the 140-147 range and I think he'd lose most of them. I think he'd lose vs May, Pac, Bradley for sure.As a matter of fact, here's a list guys I think would beat him.

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 30 2012, 08:21 AM) *
There's a lot of potential matchups in the 140-147 range and I think he'd lose most of them. I think he'd lose vs May, Pac, Bradley for sure.As a matter of fact, here's a list guys I think would beat him.

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana

Nice list, but I'll say that Marquez is a lock to beat him and Matthysse a very strong chance.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 30 2012, 08:21 AM) *

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana

Very good list, most of the people in your strong chance section, I think would be a good test to see if he could be a player in the WW division but I see them beating him too
daprofessor
i was thoroughly impressed by george groves from the uk. good fighter.

gomez/porter was a good fight...gomez gave him all he could handle...porter won't be anything special but will make for some great match ups.

guerro/aydin was a decent scrap. for a guy moving up 2 weightclasses...off of a 15 month layoff due to injury...i thought it was a solid performance against a hardnosed undefeated fighter. i had the fight 8-4. i didn't expect guerrero to box. he looked good when he did. he better stay away from trading with these guys at 147 because he hasn't settled into the weight yet. i'd like to see him fight again...the mayweather talk is premature...but he belongs in the mix for a shot.
mgrover
just rread the shit guerro has been saying hes earned a mayweather fight? hes earned fuck all
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 31 2012, 05:09 PM) *
just rread the shit guerro has been saying hes earned a mayweather fight? hes earned fuck all

his accomplishments are on par with ortiz. he deserves a shot. it's a great fight for floyd to knock the rust off after prison.
mgrover
so what just a tune up lol
Cshel86
I cant agree with the fact that Guerrero's accomplishments are on par with Ortiz. Heck, Ortiz has fought a more than a few "name" fighters, and he's been promoted to the best of Golden Boy's abilities.

He's fought the likes of Maidana, Campbell, Harris, Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, and Lopez. Guerrero on the other hand, hasn't been in those fights with "name" fighters, other than Katsidis, Casamayor, and Salido...not sure if throwing Litzua's name in there will help.

Point is, he still has some heavy lifting to do. GBP promotions appears to be trying their best to build him up, since they gave him the Katsidis fight and got him a fight with Maidana, which fell through. Dude got injured (I can understand), but as I said at one point in this thread...boxing moved on while Guerrero was on the sideline, so he should keep winning in an impressive fashion, until somebody gives him a big shot.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 09:44 AM) *
I cant agree with the fact that Guerrero's accomplishments are on par with Ortiz. Heck, Ortiz has fought a more than a few "name" fighters, and he's been promoted to the best of Golden Boy's abilities.

He's fought the likes of Maidana, Campbell, Harris, Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, and Lopez. Guerrero on the other hand, hasn't been in those fights with "name" fighters, other than Katsidis, Casamayor, and Salido...not sure if throwing Litzua's name in there will help.

Point is, he still has some heavy lifting to do. GBP promotions appears to be trying their best to build him up, since they gave him the Katsidis fight and got him a fight with Maidana, which fell through. Dude got injured (I can understand), but as I said at one point in this thread...boxing moved on while Guerrero was on the sideline, so he should keep winning in an impressive fashion, until somebody gives him a big shot.

maidana L
campbell....not the same
harris...vivian??? shot
peterson L (imo)
mayweather L
berto is his best win
lopez L

yeah...i rate guerrero's accomplishments on par. floyd has fought plenty of guys who never accomplished much so that really shouldn't be an issue. also...like they say, styles make fights. i think guerrero gives floyd a tougher fight than jmm and ortiz did. he put himself in the front of the line by beating aydin. he's the mandatory now....but we all know floyd doesn't fight mandatories. he'll vacate before that happens.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2012, 02:42 PM) *
maidana L
campbell....not the same
harris...vivian??? shot
peterson L (imo)
mayweather L
berto is his best win
lopez L

yeah...i rate guerrero's accomplishments on par. floyd has fought plenty of guys who never accomplished much so that really shouldn't be an issue. also...like they say, styles make fights. i think guerrero gives floyd a tougher fight than jmm and ortiz did. he put himself in the front of the line by beating aydin. he's the mandatory now....but we all know floyd doesn't fight mandatories. he'll vacate before that happens.

Oh wait...for a minute there, I got the impression that Guerrero was this money-drawing threat in the Welterweight division. My bad...

Anyhow...win, lose, or draw, Ortiz fought these guys, and Robert didn't. You know how the business works, up and coming fighters are SUPPOSED to fight these guys that were once great, with one foot out of the door.

You think people really knew who Canelo was before he fought Shane? Nope. All people knew was, "Hey, there's that red headed kid and he's fight Shane (Mosley). People who knew who Mosley was, but really didn't know Canelo. After Canelo beat him into retirement, people are coming to know Canelo a bit more than they once did.

Oscar's fought an old Chavez and an old Whitaker...and got credit for it (in some shape or form). He even lost some (or most) of his biggest fights. The same can be said for Zab Judah, who lost some of his biggest fights, and hell, he lost some fights that he shoudn't have lost.

As for Victor's record, he fought some notable gatekeepers. On top of that, his biggest fight was one that he lost to Maidana, Mayweather, and now Lopez. We all know that his biggest win was against Berto. Guerrero has yet to have a ground-breaking win, nor has he even lost to someone notable. Again, he has some heavy lifting to do.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.