Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donaire/Nishioka and Rios/Alvarado Doubleheader
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Decent move by Top Rank! What do you guys think?
daprofessor
arce isn't cooperating. he wants more money to get ktfo'd. i can't say i blame him. smart move. they're talking about facing some japanese dude i never heard of.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2012, 02:46 PM) *
arce isn't cooperating. he wants more money to get ktfo'd. i can't say i blame him. smart move. they're talking about facing some japanese dude i never heard of.

I really want to see the Arce fight. I cant remember the Japanese guy's name, but he beat R. Marquez last year. If we cant get Donaire/Arce, then an Arce/Rojas rematch needs to be on the undercard! It's still some unfinished business there, and it didn't look to be going Arce's way, before the freak accident happened.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2012, 08:01 AM) *
I really want to see the Arce fight. I cant remember the Japanese guy's name, but he beat R. Marquez last year. If we cant get Donaire/Arce, then an Arce/Rojas rematch needs to be on the undercard! It's still some unfinished business there, and it didn't look to be going Arce's way, before the freak accident happened.

noshioka or some shit like that. yeah...he beat a way past it version of marquez. he shouldn't even be in the conversation. arce/rojas interests me moreso than donaire/arce. they definitely have unfinished business!
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 2 2012, 03:33 PM) *
noshioka or some shit like that. yeah...he beat a way past it version of marquez. he shouldn't even be in the conversation. arce/rojas interests me moreso than donaire/arce. they definitely have unfinished business!

This.

We definitely need to see that rematch cause arce will get bodied by donaire, absolutely no defence. Rojas was tapping that ass after he got up. And donaire needs to fight Rigo, enough faggotry. Don't act like you want to fight the best and then move up then pretend like the best don't even exist. After his last fight he was acting like he never heard of Rigo or moreno
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2012, 04:00 PM) *
This.

We definitely need to see that rematch cause arce will get bodied by donaire, absolutely no defence. Rojas was tapping that ass after he got up. And donaire needs to fight Rigo, enough faggotry. Don't act like you want to fight the best and then move up then pretend like the best don't even exist. After his last fight he was acting like he never heard of Rigo or moreno

exactly! i had to blow that up just in case he skims through these boards. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2012, 05:00 PM) *

Pretty much...

cool.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
exactly! i had to blow that up just in case he skims through these boards.

Haha I hope he does!
mgrover
moreno? yes, rigondaeux? no. simply because he has only had ten fights, and i doubt brings as much to the table as donaire, its a simple matter or not having earnt it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2012, 07:42 PM) *
moreno? yes, rigondaeux? no. simply because he has only had ten fights, and i doubt brings as much to the table as donaire, its a simple matter or not having earnt it.

normally i would agree if it were any other 10 fight fighter....but ridondeaux has a title and 2 gold medals. not many fighters with 10 bouts have those credentials.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2012, 08:42 PM) *

Can't agree at all. Rigo is a 2 time gold medalist (would have had 3 but tried to defect and wasn't allowed to go anymore) he was knocking multiple fighters out in the Olympics and he is considered the greatest amateur of all time (over 4-5 hundred fights I believe). The only reason he only has ten fights is because he couldnt get off Cuba.

I would give him dibs over most in the division, and that's saying a lot because the division is good. If the boxing world made any sense it would be donaire having to ask Rigo for a fight lol
mgrover
I dont mean it in a matter of skill i mean it feom the business point of view, rigondeux is obviously very talented but can he fill seats, and will arum really let him fight donaire
Cshel86
Well Professor, you're right...Arce is requesting a tune-up bout on Sept. 1, so that he can have another fight on Sept. 15th in Mexico. This dude is all backwards. First of all, NOBODY is going to be watching that shit, because Mexico's current superstars (Chavez and Alvarez) have that date locked in. His best bet it try and get a spot on the Chavez card, but this dude just lost me...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 4 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Well Professor, you're right...Arce is requesting a tune-up bout on Sept. 1, so that he can have another fight on Sept. 15th in Mexico. This dude is all backwards. First of all, NOBODY is going to be watching that shit, because Mexico's current superstars (Chavez and Alvarez) have that date locked in. His best bet it try and get a spot on the Chavez card, but this dude just lost me...

arce is a popular dude in mexico because of some tv show he was on there. i'm sure he could carve out a decent payday without donaire or having to be on the undercard for toprank matched tough. it's looking like he's making business decisions...much the same way donaire was for choosing arce in the first place. we have donaire to thank for this. laugh.gif all these business fighters are killing the sport.
daprofessor
it's official...it's going to be noshioka...or whatever his name is. i just became officially uninterested. i'll watch for the undercard. rios/alvarado is going to be a zero defense/all out war/rock 'em sock 'em robots kind of match. is it wrong that i wanna see him get stopped? laugh.gif
Cshel86
I'm wondering if Alvarado's lip has healed up. That shit was ripped in the Prescott fight, and he literally beat the hell out of Herrera in his last fight, and that lip opened up again. He WILL get hit in the Rios fight, so we'll see how he fairs.

As for the winner of this fight...who knows. They both have a reputation for losing the early rounds, and winning come from behind fights. With that said, one is worse than the other, Im speaking of Alvarado...since Rios was a damn Jr MW fighting LWs.
Cshel86
Bumped! Poll added!
daprofessor
anyone going to this?
sduck
When is this? This saturday?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 5 2012, 04:11 PM) *
anyone going to this?

Trust me Professor, I tried my hardest. It was just too last-minute...not to mention the fucktard who raided Press Row with fake ass FightHype credentials...fuckin' it up for everybody. no2.gif On top of that, I spent waaay too much money in Vegas last month, and seemingly recovering at the moment. Lol

QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 5 2012, 06:44 PM) *
When is this? This saturday?

Nope, you got another week. Lol. It's on the 13th. I had it in the thread title, but took off and added Nishioka's name, since Arce got skeptical. Lol
Jack 1000
LOL!!!

Rios by Robbery added as an option. Good call CShel. Sadly, I see this happening. Alveredo will need a stoppage to win on a "Bribing Bob" Arum Card. Mike is a good fighter, but the powers that be at Top Rank are still trying to pom-pom Rios into something that he won't become. I still like Brandon as a person, but I don't like the Arum political bullshit in which Brandon is involved. Sadly, for potential fairness in an Arum fight in judging, both fighters have to have big names in each corner. The one shot is that the judging could be fair based on the Rios-Abril robbery. Does Alveredo bring enough money and politics to the table to offset Top Rank's favoritism of Rios?

Jack
mgrover
It'll be a standard slug fest, no real D, but if Maidana can improve, so can Rios with some proper tutoring
Cshel86
This will be a phone booth fight, and I see Alvarado putting Rios in his place. This is the first big guy with exceptional power, that Rios has fought in a while. Cant remember if Acosta had the height advantage or not. Now that I think about it, Rios and Alvarado may actually be the same size.

Anyhow, both guys have the tendency to start a bit slow and get their asses kicked, until they get comfortable in fights...Mike's face shows more wear & tear than Rios's does, before the adjustment. Not sure how Mike's lip is going to look after this one is said and done.

I just Mike beating Rios to the punch and surprising him at times, but Rios will probably be better with body shots in close quarters. Seems like Alvarado waits for his guy to slow down in the close quarters, before he starts landing that uppercut. Any other time, his opponent is usually first. If Rios makes the most of it, we could see something crazy.

I still give it Alvarado by TKO because he's more of a bully than Rios, but throws less punches on the inside than Rios does. Well, let me rephrase that, he takes a punch before the throws one.

All I can see is blood and long layoffs after this one...if it goes the way we want it to go.

checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 6 2012, 09:09 AM) *
LOL!!!

Rios by Robbery added as an option. Good call CShel. Sadly, I see this happening. Alveredo will need a stoppage to win on a "Bribing Bob" Arum Card. Mike is a good fighter, but the powers that be at Top Rank are still trying to pom-pom Rios into something that he won't become. I still like Brandon as a person, but I don't like the Arum political bullshit in which Brandon is involved. Sadly, for potential fairness in an Arum fight in judging, both fighters have to have big names in each corner. The one shot is that the judging could be fair based on the Rios-Abril robbery. Does Alveredo bring enough money and politics to the table to offset Top Rank's favoritism of Rios?

Jack

The first time I've ever heard that lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2012, 09:57 PM) *
The first time I've ever heard that lol

no shit! laugh.gif
sduck
Rios is a cool guy watch his interviews
checkleft
Didn't he make fun of roach's parkinsans?.. and the whole margarito camp he was kinda being a douche.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Didn't he make fun of roach's parkinsans?.. and the whole margarito camp he was kinda being a douche.

yeah. i thought that was out of line and very disrespectful.
sduck
Didn't realize he was there
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 10 2012, 02:43 AM) *
Didn't realize he was there

both he and margarito were mocking roach...

Cshel86
Im not sure if Donaire will look super impressive against Nishioka this weekend. Im sure Nishioka and his team knows that they cant match Donaire in the speed or athleticism department, so they'll more than likely fight in a strict basic manner.

One thing that Donaire has shown problems with, as of late, are fighters that stay behind there job and use their footwork to make him look sloppy, especially when he gets wreckless and goes for a KO. We saw it in the Vasquez fight, and a little from that Navas-- guy or whatever his name is. Even Donaire's opponent was able to keep away with the jab.

Maybe Im just not a big Donaire fan, but WV2 did make his face look like he ate a plate of scallops.

PS: Why are they playing that sad ass music in this video of Rios and Margarito making fun of Roach? Dudes were being straight assholes and apologizing, while that wedding music was playing throughout the video. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Im not sure if Donaire will look super impressive against Nishioka this weekend. Im sure Nishioka and his team knows that they cant match Donaire in the speed or athleticism department, so they'll more than likely fight in a strict basic manner.

One thing that Donaire has shown problems with, as of late, are fighters that stay behind there job and use their footwork to make him look sloppy, especially when he gets wreckless and goes for a KO. We saw it in the Vasquez fight, and a little from that Navas-- guy or whatever his name is. Even Donaire's opponent was able to keep away with the jab.

Maybe Im just not a big Donaire fan, but WV2 did make his face look like he ate a plate of scallops.

PS: Why are they playing that sad ass music in this video of Rios and Margarito making fun of Roach? Dudes were being straight assholes and apologizing, while that wedding music was playing throughout the video. laugh.gif

donaire looks impressive when opponents come directly at him. when they box a little...he looks very ordinary. i thought his face was puffed up in his last fight too. i was excited about donaire after watching him ko montiel...but since then....eh. he needs to step up the comp. enough of the fighting guys i've never heard of.

i didn't even watch the video. sad wedding music. laugh.gif that's what weddings are to me...sad. sad.gif
checkleft
Donaire needs to quit trying to force the ko. Everyone except mares is gonna try to box him because he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to it.

As far as rios alvarado goes, the thought of either of these guys fighting pac AT 147 is a joke! They could possibly be the most manny pacquiao taylor made opponents you could find. I'm looking forward to this Saturday and I was looking forward to a rematch if the fight was everything expected but this announcement kind of dimmed the glamour for me
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Donaire needs to quit trying to force the ko. Everyone except mares is gonna try to box him because he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to it.

As far as rios alvarado goes, the thought of either of these guys fighting pac AT 147 is a joke! They could possibly be the most manny pacquiao taylor made opponents you could find. I'm looking forward to this Saturday and I was looking forward to a rematch if the fight was everything expected but this announcement kind of dimmed the glamour for me

i offered my opinion on how to get pac back to the "top." apparently....toprank either read my post or great minds think alike. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2012, 05:21 PM) *
i offered my opinion on how to get pac back to the "top." apparently....toprank either read my post or great minds think alike. laugh.gif

dry.gif does Toprank have you on the payroll lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 09:33 PM) *
dry.gif does Toprank have you on the payroll lol

no, but they should for stealing my plan to get pac back to the top. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Looks like lard ass (Rios) made weight...139.8. No pics yet, but I read that he made weight. I need to see if 140 has done him any favors. Any guess at how what weight he will rehydrate to?
daprofessor
ok...i just watched the weigh in....and i was surprised to see nishioka is not much smaller than donaire. i also went back and watched a couple of his fights...he's a threat. i had no idea he starched jhonny gonzalez with a single shot. he seems to be a very intelligent boxer....let's see what happens. this fight just got interesting to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.