Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Win of 2012 (Thus Far)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Thoughts please...ESPECIALLY if you voted for #10.
mgrover
lopez over ortiz easily takes it
The Original MrFactor
Froch over Bute. Bute was the big undefeated hype at 68 and Froch coming off a blowout loss where he looked like a fighter on the downslide. Froch beat the brakes off him.
mrwigi
I think the most impressive performance was cotto. I didnt expect him to beat mayweather, but it was a much more entertaining fight than i would have expected. I voted for Froch because he did knock out an undefeated fighter spectacularly. As far as salido and lopez goes, styles make fights,and i expected salido to find a way to win again because his first victory wasn't luck.

Lopez vs Ortiz is a close runner up because Lopez came in and broke the jaw of a much bigger fighter.

Jimmy
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Aug 1 2012, 08:42 AM) *
I think the most impressive performance was cotto.

117-111, 118-110 impressive performance?come on man...
Best win goes to Mayweather.He clearly beat another good fighter.
BrutUalBK
I'm ASSuming you are saying "Best Win" not in terms of performance but rather in terms of significance, right???

I can't believe it's not there and whether you agree with it or not Bradley over Pac is the best win for 2012!!

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the following lose this year:

Khan, the biggest CON in the game and Bute (highly overrated), although a non-significant player in the sport I savored the flavor of Camacho Jr taking a dirtnap on the canvas.

Biggest upset=Lopez over Ortiz

Anyone with any good boxing judgement expect Salido to repeat his dominance over Lopez. Floyd beating Cotto was a great victory because Miguel is back on track after his dominance over MargoCHEATo who Cotto happily placed into retirement.

Dawson didn't impress me with his win over BHop and I'm praying that Ward puts him to sleep.
Cshel86
I voted for Salido's nasty KO victory over Lopez in the rematch. I I chose this fight, because it ended in a more convincing fashion that it did the first time. Not only that, but Salido went back to Juanma's hometown, and beat him worse than he did the first time.

Since Arum promotes both of them, Im sure Salido ended up taking the smaller split of the purse, though he was the new champ (dont quote me on the purse situation). Let's not forget that Salido was about to get robbed in that fight as well, according to the scorecards at the time of the stoppage. With all of this said, Salido solidified himself as the champ, and beat all odds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jimmy @ Aug 1 2012, 09:26 AM) *
117-111, 118-110 impressive performance?come on man...
Best win goes to Mayweather.He clearly beat another good fighter.

Lol. You clearly missed the point...

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 1 2012, 10:54 AM) *
I'm ASSuming you are saying "Best Win" not in terms of performance but rather in terms of significance, right???

I can't believe it's not there and whether you agree with it or not Bradley over Pac is the best win for 2012!!

I had it on the poll at first, but I replaced it with #10, which Im sure you voted for. Lol.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 11:00 AM) *

LOL.. Thank you sir.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 10:00 AM) *

I had it on the poll at first, but I replaced it with #10, which Im sure you voted for. Lol.

Yes, I did because of the significance of it. Pac was basically the #2 P4P fighter and Bradley put a huge damper on the meaning of the Floyd vs Manny fight, most people are thoroughly convinced that Floyd blows Pac away after this and the previous lackluster showingsvs JMM.

I'm not one of those people, I still think it is a big fight but one that is covered in a dark cloud. Cotto vs Mayweather should've been an example to show people that you can never count a fighter out.
checkleft
I voted for Garcia vs Khan. But it was very close between that one and the Froch win, I though both guys were pretty much written off universally but Garcias win was just more shocking to me because Khan was more proven then Bute and I didn't expect Garcia to have so much patience and to show the timing that he did during the fight.

People should have given Froch more credit going into that fight, Bute hadn't done shit and honestly I was rooting for the cobra.
daprofessor
i voted garcia over khan because that's the one i enjoyed the most...but honestly, froch over bute is probably the biggest win. bute was undefeated...froch was coming off his loss. lopez/ortiz is probably upset of the year.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 09:55 AM) *
I voted for Salido's nasty KO victory over Lopez in the rematch. I I chose this fight, because it ended in a more convincing fashion that it did the first time. Not only that, but Salido went back to Juanma's hometown, and beat him worse than he did the first time.

Since Arum promotes both of them, Im sure Salido ended up taking the smaller split of the purse, though he was the new champ (dont quote me on the purse situation). Let's not forget that Salido was about to get robbed in that fight as well, according to the scorecards at the time of the stoppage. With all of this said, Salido solidified himself as the champ, and beat all odds.

that was a good win! i was happy for salido. that dude is severly underrated.
leonthegee
I voted for Lopez vs Ortiz becuz of the way Lopez beat Ortiz. If you go back and watch Lopez vs Jessie Vargas theres no way you pick Lopez against Ortiz. I expected Mayweather to beat Cotto impressively.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 1 2012, 02:57 PM) *
I voted for Lopez vs Ortiz becuz of the way Lopez beat Ortiz. If you go back and watch Lopez vs Jessie Vargas theres no way you pick Lopez against Ortiz.

Great point! I actually saw the Lopez/Vargas fight turning into a Cotto/Margarito I...when Vargas was beating the hell out of Lopez early, but then gassed out and almost got his ass handed to him. I definitely get your point about the way he fought in the Ortiz fight, he had MUCH better movement than he showed in the Vargas fight.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 11:10 AM) *
Great point! I actually saw the Lopez/Vargas fight turning into a Cotto/Margarito I...when Vargas was beating the hell out of Lopez early, but then gassed out and almost got his ass handed to him. I definitely get your point about the way he fought in the Ortiz fight, he had MUCH better movement than he showed in the Vargas fight.

She wasnt no cop. She looked like one of Orlandos hoes.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 01:24 AM) *
Thoughts please...ESPECIALLY if you voted for #10.

Are you predicting Bailey will beat Alexander?
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 1 2012, 03:40 PM) *

I don't wanna put words in anyone's mouth but I think he meant mike Jones
sduck
Though Garcia vs Khan is probably my favorite, I voted for Froch vs Bute.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 1 2012, 03:13 PM) *
She wasnt no cop. She looked like one of Orlandos hoes.

??? Lol...

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 1 2012, 04:40 PM) *

You lost me on this one B. I was mentioning the best wins thus far. You brought up Bailey's name, and totally made me forget that left out Bailey's KO over Mike Jones. I believe I put that #10 choice on the poll to cover the impressive loss for Cotto in the Mayweather fight that revived his career, and the Bradley "win" over Pacquiao.

BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2012, 06:46 PM) *
??? Lol...

You lost me on this one B. I was mentioning the best wins thus far. You brought up Bailey's name, and totally made me forget that left out Bailey's KO over Mike Jones. I believe I put that #10 choice on the poll to cover the impressive loss for Cotto in the Mayweather fight that revived his career, and the Bradley "win" over Pacquiao.

#6 has bailey over Alexandra, the fight hasn't happened yet.
Gambit808
Good Topic, I had Garcia vs. Khan inching past Bradley's win over Pacquiao, because it reminded me of Jones Jr vs. Tarver 2 where one fighter clearly has the better talent over the other fighter, but the other fighter shows that talent wasn't enough.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 1 2012, 07:09 PM) *
#6 has bailey over Alexandra, the fight hasn't happened yet.

Silly me laugh.gif Thanks for the heads up B!
BigFightFan
If bailey ko's Alexandra he will deserve to be on this list
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.