Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Less than 24 hours for Mayweather.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 5 2012, 02:23 AM) *
I'm surprised more people wouldn't want to see the rematch. Yes Mayweather did win a clear decison, but Cotto beat Mayweather pretty good in a few rounds and won some others. I'm not sure what round it was...maybe around 7 or 8, but Cotto really laid into Mayweather. It was the worst I had seen Mayweather look in any round of his entire pro career. Cotto is actually the younger man by at least a few years and doesnt have the wear and tear people say he does. Just look at his lone 2 loses prior to Mayweather that people point to. In the Margarito fight Cotto went down on his own to prevent more damage. Cotto was out of gas and sensed it was going to be worse in the remaining round or two. He did take some shots and it prolly has had a negative effect on him, but I think people are looking at the condition that his face was in and just assuming he was ruined. In the Pacman fight Cotto was still fighting in the last rounds before they stopped it. Yes he was fighting in survival mode, but still fighting. He wanted to continue. His face always swells more than average and once agin people just assume he was ruined because of the condition of his face. I dont think Pacman seriously hurt him. He had knockdowns, but they looked like flash knockdowns and Cotto got up each time. Cotto beats Pacman at 154 in my opinion today. I would bet $ on that 1. I would like to see the rematch and give Cotto a realistic chance at pushing Mayweather just as hard as their first bout which was a very entertaining and competitive fight.

I'd like to see the rematch too. He and Floyd could make some tactical adjustments to secure the W. Though I still would lean
heavily towards Floyd in a rematch. I wonder what the percentage chances of it happening are though? I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd takes the rest of the year off and we see him in the ring against Canelo next May
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2012, 02:41 AM) *
I'd like to see the rematch too. He and Floyd could make some tactical adjustments to secure the W. Though I still would lean
heavily towards Floyd in a rematch. I wonder what the percentage chances of it happening are though? I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd takes the rest of the year off and we see him in the ring against Canelo next May

I also give Mayweather the edge in a rematch, but would be interested to see what adjustments both fighters make in the rematch. I dont think it's a good idea for Mayweather to take the rest of the year off in more ways then one.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2012, 05:46 PM) *
He has other options. Why would he fight Cotto on his terms? When your the King you don't have to bend to others. I don't know of he'll fight again this year but if not then him and Canelo at MSG would be pretty nice. I just think he should fight outside of Vegas because you could make the case he was used for an economic boost before he went in, but he don't have to leave to fight Cotto. And unfortunately, you and me represent a small portion of people who'd want to see the rematch

lol thats because he was

everybody knows mayweather makes a lot of money for the city of vegas.

plus you had the biggest draw in boxing vs the 3rd biggest draw in boxing on cinco de mayo.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 08:02 AM) *
fair point, but do you really think he could improve enough to win? is a rematch really warranted? I mean I think there's more cause of a rematch for Khan vs Garcia than this fight. Simple logic is, can Garcia knock him out again or was it a lucky shot, just to put that to bed, and while it was probably one of Mayweather's hardest fights to date, it never looked like he was in danger of losing.

Cotto's aggression and a Floyd bloody nose made it look like he was doing major damage... definitely competitive, yet never was a mayweather victory in doubt. Floyd was in control and gave Cotto opportunity by standing with him and again his defense rendered Cotto to hopelessly winging punches while MayweATHER PLAYED THE ROPES... Cotto gets credit for defending and blocking the MaYWEATHER LEFT HOOK very well, yet and still he got picked apart to the tune of 116-112, 118-110-117-111--- definitely not closer than 116-112 no matter people try to make it seem cotto stands a chance in a rematch.... other than for money Floyd has nothing to prove.. Cotto lost.. clearly. In a rematch he loses worse, yet he still will make big money for taking another shellacking...
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 5 2012, 04:01 PM) *
I also give Mayweather the edge in a rematch, but would be interested to see what adjustments both fighters make in the rematch. I dont think it's a good idea for Mayweather to take the rest of the year off in more ways then one.

It will be interesting to see which way he decides to go moving forward
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 5 2012, 07:50 PM) *
lol thats because he was

everybody knows mayweather makes a lot of money for the city of vegas.

plus you had the biggest draw in boxing vs the 3rd biggest draw in boxing on cinco de mayo.

Yep, he was but hopefully he will fight else where and deliver a bigger blow to them then they dealt to him. I always found it funny how all these concessions were made for him beforehand, then after the fight it became like a dictator and little country.

He can fight virtually anywhere in the world and make a big impact economically, not just in NY. I'm hoping he looks at all the options and decides to fight elsewhere
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Yep, he was but hopefully he will fight else where and deliver a bigger blow to them then they dealt to him. I always found it funny how all these concessions were made for him beforehand, then after the fight it became like a dictator and little country.

He can fight virtually anywhere in the world and make a big impact economically, not just in NY. I'm hoping he looks at all the options and decides to fight elsewhere

maybe he can fight in miami and have lebron and wade help promote the fight
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 07:02 AM) *
fair point, but do you really think he could improve enough to win? is a rematch really warranted? I mean I think there's more cause of a rematch for Khan vs Garcia than this fight. Simple logic is, can Garcia knock him out again or was it a lucky shot, just to put that to bed, and while it was probably one of Mayweather's hardest fights to date, it never looked like he was in danger of losing.

make no mistake about it...there was nothing lucky about the shot garcia landed on khan. he was zeroing that one in the whole first two rounds. no need for a rematch in that one. they said they were going to knock khan out...and they did.

it wasn't one of mayweathers hardest fight....it was his hardest fight. he has said so himself. i had the fight 8-4 the first time i watched it...but the case can be made for 7-5 and i believe cotto has much room for improvement. there are things in his arsenal that he did not use that could have swung that fight in his favor. i'd be eager to see the rematch because i believe cotto knows he didn't do all he could do. add to that the floyd was sick and had a hurt hand...let's roll the dice and see what it looks like. at worst....another very entertaining fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2012, 05:46 PM) *
He has other options. Why would he fight Cotto on his terms? When your the King you don't have to bend to others. I don't know of he'll fight again this year but if not then him and Canelo at MSG would be pretty nice. I just think he should fight outside of Vegas because you could make the case he was used for an economic boost before he went in, but he don't have to leave to fight Cotto. And unfortunately, you and me represent a small portion of people who'd want to see the rematch

fighting at msg wouldn't exactly be on cotto's terms. it'd be his date and his venue...but i'm sure floyd being the bigger draw gets everything he wants. i'm sure cotto won't argue much....his piece of the pie will be more than he's ever made again i'm sure.
neophyte7
Cotto can feel as though he could have done more all he wants... he was in there with a superior athlete mentally and physically, and his perceived success against floyd was made possible by Floyd choosing to make a "fan friendly" scrap and Cotto pretty much got toyed with as is evidenced when rewatching.. he had some moments, but I guess the presence of blood in some people's eyes renders a fight close... but not in this one... the judges got it right.. rematches are usually more emphatic... Cotto gets stopped...
checkleft
Mayweather stops him in a rematch.
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 6 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Cotto can feel as though he could have done more all he wants... he was in there with a superior athlete mentally and physically, and his perceived success against floyd was made possible by Floyd choosing to make a "fan friendly" scrap and Cotto pretty much got toyed with as is evidenced when rewatching.. he had some moments, but I guess the presence of blood in some people's eyes renders a fight close... but not in this one... the judges got it right.. rematches are usually more emphatic... Cotto gets stopped...

laugh.gif u and floyd can believe that lie if u want...but i know better. i'd be willing to bet the house cotto doesn't get stopped. the more floyd opens up...the more chances he gives cotto. make no mistake about it....cotto is thee most intelligent fighter floyd has ever faced. he did things to floyd no other opponent was able to do. i get the whole thing with trying to diminish what cotto did...but believe me...what pac did to cotto has no bearing on what floyd was unable to do...or the success that cotto had in spots. it doesn't play into how floyd/pac would match up or any of that. but i get why everyone wants to diminish it..."pac stopped cotto...floyd is better than pac so he should have stopped him to...but instead he chose to make it fan friendly, blah, blah, blah..." styles make fights. and for the record...the cotto that fought floyd stops pac.
neophyte7
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 6 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Mayweather stops him in a rematch.

116-112, 117-111, 118-110... barely could find four clear rounds Cotto won the first time around.. Cotto wants to move to 160 and is not clamoring for a rematch... unless I am wrong I have not heard much rematch talk from him.
Cshel86
So I guess Floyd bloodied his own nose and mouth, and jabbed himself to death?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 6 2012, 12:38 AM) *
maybe he can fight in miami and have lebron and wade help promote the fight

I was with you until you said Lebron and Wade lol
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2012, 07:20 PM) *
make no mistake about it...there was nothing lucky about the shot garcia landed on khan. he was zeroing that one in the whole first two rounds. no need for a rematch in that one. they said they were going to knock khan out...and they did.

it wasn't one of mayweathers hardest fight....it was his hardest fight. he has said so himself. i had the fight 8-4 the first time i watched it...but the case can be made for 7-5 and i believe cotto has much room for improvement. there are things in his arsenal that he did not use that could have swung that fight in his favor. i'd be eager to see the rematch because i believe cotto knows he didn't do all he could do. add to that the floyd was sick and had a hurt hand...let's roll the dice and see what it looks like. at worst....another very entertaining fight.

if it wasn't a lucky shot then he should be able to do it again should he not, why not prove it in a rematch

just saw the other part lol, seems like it'll just go more in Floyd's favour. What else could Cotto of done?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2012, 01:20 PM) *

If they did decide to do another rematch, it would be an entertaining fight as you said but why at MSG? I'm jut curious. Floyd can fight in any state and pull in numbers.. I just don't get why people always say "they should do the rematch at MSG". It's other places in the world besides NY.
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2012, 02:28 AM) *
If they did decide to do another rematch, it would be an entertaining fight as you said but why at MSG? I'm jut curious. Floyd can fight in any state and pull in numbers.. I just don't get why people always say "they should do the rematch at MSG". It's other places in the world besides NY.

i think its because he hasnt fought in MSG, am not 100% sure on that and be remembering it wrong.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 09:27 PM) *
if it wasn't a lucky shot then he should be able to do it again should he not, why not prove it in a rematch

just saw the other part lol, seems like it'll just go more in Floyd's favour. What else could Cotto of done?

Because Khan doesn't deserve a rematch. He never gives them when he wins, so he should suck it up and move on. He's worn out his welcome at 140 anyway...
mgrover
am not here arguing for Khan cause am not part of his management team, am just saying I'd like to see how he fairs in a rematch, I don't care about the politics of it, that Khan wouldn't of given Garcia a rematch, I just want to see a rematch to clear it up, that's all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 09:47 PM) *
am not here arguing for Khan cause am not part of his management team, am just saying I'd like to see how he fairs in a rematch, I don't care about the politics of it, that Khan wouldn't of given Garcia a rematch, I just want to see a rematch to clear it up, that's all.

What's to be cleared up? He fought the right fight for 2 rounds, got macho and careless, and got KTFO. End of story...I would imagine...
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 03:06 AM) *
What's to be cleared up? He fought the right fight for 2 rounds, got macho and careless, and got KTFO. End of story...I would imagine...

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 7 2012, 02:27 AM) *

Cshel86
LMAO! MG, stop trying to talk up a rematch for Khan. You're killing me here...
neophyte7
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 6 2012, 09:20 PM) *
So I guess Floyd bloodied his own nose and mouth, and jabbed himself to death?

please.. bloody nose!! ok he bloodied mayweather's nose and still barely won four rounds.. bloodying a nose does not warrant a rematch and damned sure did not reflect itself in the scores.. as I said.. Cotto is not talking rematch and for good reason. He was clearly beaten...
mgrover
lol its not talking it up, am just a curious guy and would like to see a rematch, maybe the entire population of the UK will disagree but its just me, am a what if guy at times and this is one of those times. I understand Garcia was looking for that left hook, he was trying to land it since round 1, and just got caught on Khans arms a few times which got him tagged, it was obvious he was trying to land it, but I'd like to see a rematch that's it, am not saying Khan deserves one but you know
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 6 2012, 10:11 PM) *
please.. bloody nose!! ok he bloodied mayweather's nose and still barely won four rounds.. bloodying a nose does not warrant a rematch and damned sure did not reflect itself in the scores.. as I said.. Cotto is not talking rematch and for good reason. He clearly was beaten by a toe to toe mayweather...

You're right, a guy giving another guy a bloody nose doesn't warrant a rematch. If that was the case, then Martinez should give Barker a rematch. laugh.gif My point is, the "comformity factor" makes people say that Mayweather won the fight easily...just as it played a part in people saying that Pacquiao beat Bradley easily. Cotto did more than people give him credit for, and Im not buying Floyd's whole "giving the fans a fan-friendly fight" excuse...that goes back to my question about Floyd busting his own nose and mouth.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 10:13 PM) *
lol its not talking it up, am just a curious guy and would like to see a rematch, maybe the entire population of the UK will disagree but its just me, am a what if guy at times and this is one of those times. I understand Garcia was looking for that left hook, he was trying to land it since round 1, and just got caught on Khans arms a few times which got him tagged, it was obvious he was trying to land it, but I'd like to see a rematch that's it, am not saying Khan deserves one but you know

Okay, so this is something that you would like to see. Now I understand. If there are more viewers wanting to see what you want to see, then that's how an unjust rematch would take place. I wish Khan would've kept the fight plan going, but he got cocky a bit too soon...I was expecting that KO later in the fight. Either way, a Garcia TKO or a Khan UD decision would've taken place...it was all about who slipped up first.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 03:23 AM) *
...then that's how an unjust rematch would take place.

kinda like cotto vs mayweather II.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 10:28 PM) *
kinda like cotto vs mayweather II.

True...but neither one of them got KTFO either. Both of them finished the fight on their feet!
mgrover
ive been rewatching the fight now, and am just calling it how i see it, yeah floyd had to work for the win, unlike the ortiz fight but nothing that suggests a rematch is needed. It's all subjective in the end, I just want to see if Garcia can do it again, is that so bad? Wouldn't everybody want Garcia to do it again, and knock Khan out to silence doubters like me, and watch Khan do his own version of the chicken dance. Or maybe it's because there's not enough faith in Garcia to deliver, maybe Khan still has some brains to stick to a game plan, who knows, its all speculation out of my crazy little head.

just finished it 9-3 Mayweather, that was simply by who I thought won the round, not who outlanded, who seemed to be doing the better defence etc etc, if they did have a rematch Cotto really needs to stop getting hit with that uppercut, even the slight variation of it, we call it the corkscrew kinda throw like a jab.
checkleft
I guess people could call it a lucky punch but since the beginning of the fight I could see Garcia was trying to time Khan. And right before the first kd Khan got tagged with a few of those of garcias signature hooks, mind you its the same hook he caught morales with as well. And the only way I would want a rematch is if Khan started giving people a rematch.. but since he doesn't I'm glad that Garcia doesn't want to give him a rematch
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 08:40 PM) *
i think its because he hasnt fought in MSG, am not 100% sure on that and be remembering it wrong.

I don't think he has either
Franchize
I haven't been on in a while so I don't know if this has been posted a;ready. SOrry if it has. Is it me, or is this dude looking really yoked lol I've always thought he's had impressive traps for a fairly small welterweight but damn. He looks way more swole in the arms than he used to IMO. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. BTW, he needs to lose that TWA (teeny weeny afro) expeditiously. That shit went out with Cole from Martin lol

daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 7 2012, 08:51 AM) *
I haven't been on in a while so I don't know if this has been posted a;ready. SOrry if it has. Is it me, or is this dude looking really yoked lol I've always thought he's had impressive traps for a fairly small welterweight but damn. He looks way more swole in the arms than he used to IMO. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. BTW, he needs to lose that TWA (teeny weeny afro) expeditiously. That shit went out with Cole from Martin lol

i called it. i said he'd come out of the joint top heavy. laugh.gif they all do. i think it's going to affect the fluidity of his punches. we'll find out when he fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2012, 02:35 PM) *
i called it. i said he'd come out of the joint top heavy. laugh.gif they all do. i think it's going to affect the fluidity of his punches. we'll find out when he fights.

laugh.gif

The craziest part is, I've seen a few pics of him with that hair that he's refused to cut. I'm wondering how long it's gonna take him to get rid of it...
neophyte7

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 10:38 PM) *
ive been rewatching the fight now, and am just calling it how i see it, yeah floyd had to work for the win, unlike the ortiz fight but nothing that suggests a rematch is needed. It's all subjective in the end, I just want to see if Garcia can do it again, is that so bad? Wouldn't everybody want Garcia to do it again, and knock Khan out to silence doubters like me, and watch Khan do his own version of the chicken dance. Or maybe it's because there's not enough faith in Garcia to deliver, maybe Khan still has some brains to stick to a game plan, who knows, its all speculation out of my crazy little head.

just finished it 9-3 Mayweather, that was simply by who I thought won the round, not who outlanded, who seemed to be doing the better defence etc etc, if they did have a rematch Cotto really needs to stop getting hit with that uppercut, even the slight variation of it, we call it the corkscrew kinda throw like a jab.

LMAO... what amazes me is that people talk as if Mayweather cannot improve on his pretty much in my view one sided 9 rounds to 3 win.. yet Cotto can show soooooooooo much improvement LMAO..
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 7 2012, 09:51 AM) *

He's flexing. Though he's a little bigger once he starts regular conditioning he will go down again. It may affect his flexibility.
Hotsauce
floyd looks the same to me
mgrover
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 8 2012, 01:42 AM) *
LMAO... what amazes me is that people talk as if Mayweather cannot improve on his pretty much in my view one sided 9 rounds to 3 win.. yet Cotto can show soooooooooo much improvement LMAO..

the obvious thing for mayweather is not to get hit with the jab, maybe it's because cotto has such a good jab that he was hit with it so many times, but it is what it is. only reason i only mentioned what cotto could do to improve is because if there really was nothing to change the outcome of that match, a rematch would be pointless.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 06:21 PM) *
laugh.gif

The craziest part is, I've seen a few pics of him with that hair that he's refused to cut. I'm wondering how long it's gonna take him to get rid of it...

i think he should keep it. let it get long enough that he can rock a pick with the black fist and start wearing dashiki's to all his fights. how long before he converts to islam? he probably already has.
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2012, 03:48 PM) *
i think he should keep it. let it get long enough that he can rock a pick with the black fist and start wearing dashiki's to all his fights. how long before he converts to islam? he probably already has.

Interesting... Conversion to Islam----what makes you think Floyd is en route to become Muslim???.. I hear he does not eat swine... Pick with a Black Fist LMAO...
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Hell no! I would much rather see him with old fade and a high ass hairline, than see him with this nasty fro. The term "fro-skie" comes to mind when I see that picture.
mrchitown
Yall in here trippin for real lol. I just saw some pics he and 50 posted not to long ago and you'll be happy to know that he got that shit cut down and lined up lol
Slumpage
Well the latest pics on 50s twitter still show the fro...

50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather At The Premiere of Freelancers in Los Angeles

I think he should keep it too, black fist afro pick is a strong look, lol!
Franchize
Under no circumstances should he keep that fro lol Especially with that hairline. He looks like Steven A Smith
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 8 2012, 05:52 PM) *
Interesting... Conversion to Islam----what makes you think Floyd is en route to become Muslim???.. I hear he does not eat swine... Pick with a Black Fist LMAO...

i guess it's the stereo typical thing to do. i can't tell u how many brothers i know that got locked up and converted. i don't know if floyd will...but it's possible.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Aug 9 2012, 04:35 AM) *

the old school super fly mustache tops it off imo.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 9 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Under no circumstances should he keep that fro lol Especially with that hairline. He looks like Steven A Smith

laugh.gif nothing wrong with a receding hairline.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Aug 9 2012, 04:35 AM) *

That don't qualify as a fro here in Da Chi lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2012, 03:01 PM) *
i guess it's the stereo typical thing to do. i can't tell u how many brothers i know that got locked up and converted. i don't know if floyd will...but it's possible.

Most of those types weren't isolated like Mayweather was. You got to be around a Muslim in jail to convert. I'd die laughing if that happened though
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2012, 05:20 PM) *
That don't qualify as a fro here in Da Chi lol

true. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.