Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: august is looking kind of shallow...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
fights:

i'm most excited about chavez/martinez. that's gonna be a good one. can't wait. after that...dawson/ward. that is going to be a great chess match. i can't call it. both of those fights are toss ups imo. i'm picking chavez and ward to win them though.

fighters:

rigondeaux...can't wait to see this dude in action against serious competition. he's one of the sports best kept secrets.

moreno....same as rigondeaux...another well kept secret. very slick...very enjoyable to watch

george groves from the uk....watched him fight on the undercard of guerrero/aydin...very good

danny garcia....nothing flashy...just a solid blue collar guy who gets the job done

rojas...he was on the canvas in the opening seconds against arce...but what he did in the remaining 2 minutes is enough to make me want to see this kid fight again. very exciting.

Cshel86
I was looking forward to Cloud/Pascal on 8/11 and Alexander/Bailey on the 8/18, but both of those shits fell through no2.gif

Anyway, I'll be in Vegas for the Chavez/Martinez fight! Hopefully I can snatch up some Canelo/Lopez tickets, or run into some. Bought some $75 tickets, but I'll bring some extra tissue, in the event that nose bleed occurs.
Gambit808
Pascal vs. cloud (if or whenever that happens)

Ward vs. Dawson

Chavez jr. Vs. Martinez

Maidana vs. karass

Klitchko vs Charr

Alexander vs. bailey

To name a few...

As u pointed out it's pretty much gonna be a dry month for boxing in terms of high profiled fights, but September will definitely make up for it... That is if more fights aren't called off this year
checkleft
All the people you guys mentioned I'm ready for, I didn't even know moreno was fighting.

The only fights I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to are the groves and the alvarez lopez fight.

I'm even excited to see proska vs golovkin and that kid on Fnf tomorrow night
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2012, 11:49 PM) *
All the people you guys mentioned I'm ready for, I didn't even know moreno was fighting.

The only fights I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to are the groves and the alvarez lopez fight.

I'm even excited to see proska vs golovkin and that kid on Fnf tomorrow night

i don't know that moreno is fighting either...i'm just looking forward to seeing him again.

never heard of proska...but i can't wait to see golovkin too.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 3 2012, 02:29 PM) *
i don't know that moreno is fighting either...i'm just looking forward to seeing him again.

never heard of proska...but i can't wait to see golovkin too.

Golovkin and proska are both action fighters. They actually call proska the sergio Martinez clone, he fights almost exactly like sergio Martinez.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 3 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Golovkin and proska are both action fighters. They actually call proska the sergio Martinez clone, he fights almost exactly like sergio Martinez.

i've been following golovkin since the amateurs. he's going to be king of the division soon.
mgrover
two friends of mine, there both after this girl and its only a matter of time before they start hitting each other, i will be there, i will have a corona at hand, and but nooo notepad
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2012, 07:33 PM) *
two friends of mine, there both after this girl and its only a matter of time before they start hitting each other, i will be there, i will have a corona at hand, and but nooo notepad

golovkin and proska?
mgrover
Lol no i actually mean two guys i know
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 07:08 AM) *
Lol no i actually mean two guys i know

Go ahead and have your notepad handy MG. Get ready to write a script of that shit, and do a reenactment video to upload via Twitter. Hell, its not like you dont already upload videos. laugh.gif
mgrover
lol itll be there, ill be commentating, if am luckey ill do it live at the scene outside whatever club we'll be at biggrin.gif
Cheesey1
I'm looking forward to everything in August. Agreed that Martinez/Chavez is the most anticipated, but I'll be watching all of them and then some.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 02:33 PM) *
lol itll be there, ill be commentating, if am luckey ill do it live at the scene outside whatever club we'll be at biggrin.gif

Since you'll be providing commentary maybe it technically can't be considered hooliganism?
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 4 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Since you'll be providing commentary maybe it technically can't be considered hooliganism?

depends what the bouncers make of it. ill hopefully be sober enough to make sense, and hopefully there drunk enough to put on a good show
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 06:47 PM) *
depends what the bouncers make of it. ill hopefully be sober enough to make sense, and hopefully there drunk enough to put on a good show

Sounds like you'll be commentating and promoting. Nice one!
Cshel86
I like how MG's next production piece is going...guess we have something to look forward to in August!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 5 2012, 12:12 AM) *
I like how MG's next production piece is going...guess we have something to look forward to in August!

Ha! As long as no one gets arrested.
mgrover
TMT better watch out
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 4 2012, 05:47 PM) *

my august just got better. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 5 2012, 01:11 AM) *
Ha! As long as no one gets arrested.

Oh what a great part 2 this would be if an arrest was made! You gotta be in that "production" mind frame Cheesey, the more drama, the better the script. Again, August is looking a bit more promising thanks to MG!
mgrover
we've hit some technical issues in that the girl dumped both there asses, damn hoe couldn't deliver. were trying to find substitute opponents but with such a short time frame we may delay the card till November to directly compete with whoever.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 03:59 PM) *
we've hit some technical issues in that the girl dumped both there asses, damn hoe couldn't deliver. were trying to find substitute opponents but with such a short time frame we may delay the card till November to directly compete with whoever.

shit. sad.gif
mgrover
MG Promotions will have a new line up, maybe a stripper brawl or two, we have an event or two next week and were trying to organise a venue, as per usual bring your own drinks and when your drunk we reserve the right to steal all your loose change and left over alcohol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.