Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK:Weekend in Boxing, Olympics Day 5, DeGale
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's offerings for the boxing minded:

WEEKEND IN BOXING: 2 AUG.to 4 AUG.- OOSTHUIZEN/BRYANT; GESTA/BARNETT; BEY/FRANKEL; WILDER/MANSWELL; MAGDALENO/DAVIS, OLYMPICS
- The action starts on Thursday.
- Weekend in Boxing - 2nd of August to 4th of August

OLYMPIC BOXING ROUND UP: DAY 5
- All of the day's results.
- Olympic Boxing - Day 5

AM TO PM: BROOK BACK IN OCTOBER; SAUNDERS HEADLINES; MAYWEATHER TO BE RELEASED EARLY; MALIGNAGGI WANTS HATTON TRILOGY.
-Daily edition of the day's headlines.
-AM to PM - 2nd August

TALES OF OLYMPIC GLORY: PERNELL WHITAKER
- Taking a look back at the Olympic and post Olympic Glory of 'Sweet Pea.'
- Tales of Olympic Glory: Pernell Whitaker

AM TO PM: SELKIRK THREATENS TO QUIT; MAIDANA VACATES; MARQUEZ WAITS;DEGALE TO RETURN.
- Who is 'Chunky' fighting next?
- AM to PM - 1st of August.

COULD TMT PROMOTIONS’ LATEST SIGNING SET UP A FLOYD MAYWEATHER SHOWDOWN
- Berto's with TMT. Is Mayweather a logical opponent now?
Cheesey1
Thanks CShel. I saw the correction.

This is unbeliveable. The webcast for Oosthuizen isn't available in NY, or NJ and it isn't on SNY, or MSG. C'mon Dibella. I was even going to pay the $4.95 for the webcast. I guess that they wanted everybody in the area to go to the Roseland. Not cool.
Cshel86
Im curious about this whole Hatton return, and honestly, a Paulie fight wouldn't hurt at this point. Of course it would be at WW, so we'll see how Hatton fairs...if this is true.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 07:02 PM) *
Im curious about this whole Hatton return, and honestly, a Paulie fight wouldn't hurt at this point. Of course it would be at WW, so we'll see how Hatton fairs...if this is true.

Yeah man. I thought that it was just idle chatter, but I guess him getting seriously fit again and the persistent rumours are making it seem as if it might happen. We'll see...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Yeah man. I thought that it was just idle chatter, but I guess him getting seriously fit again and the persistent rumours are making it seem as if it might happen. We'll see...

Ol' Ricky Fatton! I must admit, I miss seeing that dude fight, and most of all, I miss his fan base! Those are the livest fans in boxing!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Ol' Ricky Fatton! I must admit, I miss seeing that dude fight, and most of all, I miss his fan base! Those are the livest fans in boxing!

FightHype UK might be trying to get confirmation from Hatton himself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *
FightHype UK might be trying to get confirmation from Hatton himself.

Hope you all can get some soon! Cant wait to hear his fans again!

PS: Waiting for FNF to come on...in the meantime...this dude with the nunchucks on this karate competition is killin' it!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Hope you all can get some soon! Cant wait to hear his fans again!

PS: Waiting for FNF to come on...in the meantime...this dude with the nunchucks on this karate competition is killin' it!

I missed the karate. I only changed to ESPN at 10.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:04 PM) *
I missed the karate. I only changed to ESPN at 10.

Good stuff!

They just showed a snippet of Floyd being released. I was like, "Damn, what camera ISN'T Sam Watson and his sons in front of?" Those dudes are slowly killing me...
Cheesey1
I haven't really been payng attention to Gesta, so tonight will be interesting. Also interested in seeing Mickey Bey and Jesse Magdaleno. I'm pretty sure I've watched Bey and Gesta before, but never seen J. Magdaleno fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:08 PM) *
I haven't really been payng attention to Gesta, so tonight will be interesting. Also interested in seeing Mickey Bey and Jesse Magdaleno. I'm pretty sure I've watched Bey and Gesta before, but never seen J. Magdaleno fight.

Me either. This should be a good one! I like the smaller weight classes!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Me either. This should be a good one! I like the smaller weight classes!

Magdaleno scores the knockdown. That right hand wobbled Santos. Santos is letting Magdaleno tee off on him though. Maybe he's bothered by J.M's hand speed and is too shook to use that jab with any conviction.
Cshel86
That was an unfortunate knockdown for Santos, juuuust when he almost made it out of the 1st round. Is it me, or does Santos look like a smaller Trinidad?

These guys are throwing bombs in this round!

SHIT! Looks like somebody pulled a rug from under Santos' feet! LMFAO!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:17 PM) *
That was an unfortunate knockdown for Santos, juuuust when he almost made it out of the 1st round. Is it me, or does Santos look like a smaller Trinidad?

These guys are throwing bombs in this round!

SHIT! Looks like somebody pulled a rug from under Santos' feet! LMFAO!

He does.

Santos started off slowly. Nice showing by Magdaleno though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:20 PM) *
He does.

Santos started off slowly. Nice showing by Magdaleno though.

Agreed! Glad Magdaleno decided to go pro...the Olympians are taking it up the ass this year.

These judges are shit, and the fighters aren't hardly doing shit over there.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Agreed! Glad Magdaleno decided to go pro...the Olympians are taking it up the ass this year.

These judges are shit, and the fighters aren't hardly doing shit over there.

Whoever hired the Olympic judges must be the same person/people that hired Bernardo Osuna.
Cheesey1
If Gesta looks good, then just for the hell of it they should make Broner vs. Gesta.

Four rounders rule!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:30 PM) *
If Gesta looks good, then just for the hell of it they should make Broner vs. Gesta.

Four rounders rule!!!!

Ha! Good one!
Cheesey1
Gutierrez has shown some speed, but that's mostly because Burns is posing for a photo (big up Teddy Atlas) after he punches. Either guy can win this. Could be a good three rounds.

If Burns was a better boxer, he could have caught Gutierrez several times already. Square on the button.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Gutierrez has shown some speed, but that's mostly because Burns is posing for a photo (big up Teddy Atlas) after he punches. Either guy can win this. Could be a good three rounds.

This reminds of a middle school recess fight...

Burns needs to keep his left hand up though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:35 PM) *
Ha! Good one!

Or they could go crazy with it. Somehow sign Pacquaio vs. Mayweather and then on the undercard have Broner vs. Gesta.
Cheesey1
Burns is making his life hard for no reason. First of all, he's friggin leaning down to the short guy's level.

Gutierrez definitely won the third based on this sequence.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Burns is making his life hard for no reason. First of all, he's friggin leaning down to the short guy's level.

Gutierrez definitely won the third based on this sequence.

Exactly! Burns is doing himself no favors and this Gutierrez crowd is killing me...but they're cool at the same time! Lol

Burns just waited to counter for the whole fight, and failed to follow through with that. As you mentioned, he gave up his height. He should've taken the fight to Gutierrez.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:47 PM) *
Exactly! Burns is doing himself no favors and this Gutierrez crowd is killing me...but they're cool at the same time! Lol

Home town support. Nothing's wrong with that.
Cheesey1
'Bad' Chad Dawson!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Home town support. Nothing's wrong with that.

LOL!

Now surely Shane knew that they were going to interview Dawson....now why in the hell cant he get his words out? And what was up with the dumb Olympic question?
Cheesey1
'Bad' Chad Dawson vs. Andre 'S.o.G' Ward. Definitely must see T.V!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:55 PM) *
LOL!

Now surely Shane knew that they were going to interview Dawson....now why in the hell cant he get his words out? And what was up with the dumb Olympic question?

Haha! Yeah,the Olympic question and Dawson's brutal shooting down of it was worse than the killer left that Garcia landed a couple of weeks ago.
Cshel86
Dan Rafael's fat ass johnny-come-lately "exclusive" news...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:57 PM) *
'Bad' Chad Dawson vs. Andre 'S.o.G' Ward. Definitely must see T.V!

Yep! Cant wait! My diet end on Sept. 7th...no meat, no beer, and two a day workouts...been going strong since Wednesday (Aug. 1st). Sooooo...more than likely I'll be pigging out and drunk when the Dawson/Ward fight airs! Gotta be in shape for the following weekend in Vegas for the Chavez/Martinez bout!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Haha! Yeah,the Olympic question and Dawson's brutal shooting down of it was worse than the killer left that Garcia landed a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah it was bad. Dawson seemed like he either had a chip in his shoulder, or he wanted to push Shane out of his seat for asking that dumb question. Is it me, or is Shane's shirt a bit distracting and disturbing? LOL
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Dan Rafael's fat ass johnny-come-lately "exclusive" news...

Dan Rafael seems like the kind of guy that would go to a function and eat a lot (most?) of the shrimp cocktail.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Dan Rafael seems like the kind of guy that would go to a function and eat a lot (most?) of the shrimp cocktail.

Yep, and he'll do it while covering regurgitated boxing news to the feeble-minded, casual fans. He'd be the coolest in the room, until they see that all of the shrimp cocktail is all gone.

PS: Barnett looks kin to the Peterson brothers...slightly. Cousins perhaps...
Cheesey1
I liked the FightPlan they did with the boxers explaining it themselves.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Yep, and he'll do it while covering regurgitated boxing news to the feeble-minded, casual fans. He'd be the coolest in the room, until they see that all of the shrimp cocktail is all gone.

PS: Barnett looks kin to the Peterson brothers...slightly. Cousins perhaps...

Ha! Stealth shrimp cocktail consumption.
Cheesey1
Nice first round so far. Some decent jabbing by both guys. Barnett could do more jabbing though, but Gesta is kind of fast.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Ha! Stealth shrimp cocktail consumption.

Well worded!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:12 PM) *
Nice first round so far. Some decent jabbing by both guys. Barnett could do more jabbing though, but Gesta is kind of fast.

I gave it to Gesta because he almost put Barnett down towards the end. Barnett had a moment at the 50 sec mark, but that was it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Well worded!

I gave it to Gesta because he almost put Barnett down towards the end. Barnett had a moment at the 50 sec mark, but that was it.

Yeah, same here.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:15 PM) *
Yeah, same here.

Gesta looks strong, and Barnett is punking out. He is just making sure that he doesn't get caught with something coming in....moreso that right hook from Gesta.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Gesta looks strong, and Barnett is punking out. He is just making sure that he doesn't get caught with something coming in....moreso that right hook from Gesta.

Yup.

Although in the past few seconds, Barnett's thrown that jab more. Nice one two.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Yup.

Although in the past few seconds, Barnett's thrown that jab more. Nice one two.

He needs to throw more jabs...with confidence.

PSA: Not once have I EVER wanted to mute the tv during FNF commentary, but this whole "sucking of Pacquiao's and Gesta's d*ck" from the commentary is about to make me mute it...seriously.

Is it me, or does Gesta's right jaw look swollen? Hope it aint broke. He hasn't been much, but who knows...
Cheesey1
Gesta is definitely winning the 5th. Barnett stopped throwing the jab as soon as Gesta started rushing him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:22 PM) *
He needs to throw more jabs...with confidence.

PSA: Not once have I EVER wanted to mute the tv during FNF commentary, but this whole "sucking of Pacquiao's and Gesta's d*ck" from the commentary is about to make me mute it...seriously.

Is it me, or does Gesta's right jaw look swollen? Hope it aint broke. He hasn't been much, but who knows...

Yup. Gesta's hurt Barnett, but not all of the punches that they're shouting about landed cleanly.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Yup. Gesta's hurt Barnett, but not all of the punches that they're shouting about landed cleanly.

Barnett is fighting the wrong fight. Dude's head is straight up...no wonder he's getting hit that often. Gesta is nothing more than a carbon copy of Manny, which is bad because Broner does the same with Floyd's style.

Notice how at the end of this recent round, Barnett started moving his head (as Bradley did against Manny), and almost none of those punches landed?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Barnett is fighting the wrong fight. Dude's head is straight up...no wonder he's getting hit that often. Gesta is nothing more than a carbon copy of Manny, which is bad because Broner does the same with Floyd's style.

Notice how at the end of this recent round, Barnett started moving his head (as Bradley did against Manny), and almost none of those punches landed?

Yup. Barnett made Gesta miss so badly that Gesta stumbled. Gesta will be another product of TR's and that's fine, he deserves the $, but there's probably a clear map as to how to beat him after tonight.
Cheesey1
Nice body shot and then right to he head by Gesta. Ouch!
Cshel86
Wow...3 KO losses for Barnett? Not a good look. Im not sure though, he looked a bit dry and starched early in the fight.

I like that late punch by Gesta (sarcasm)
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 3 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Wow...3 KO losses for Barnett? Not a good look. Im not sure though, he looked a bit dry and starched early in the fight.

I like that late punch by Gesta (sarcasm)

Gesta's entertaining, but can be picked off by a good boxer and probably K.O'd.

The Mickey Bey bout was cancelled.
checkleft
Gesta is calling out broner
Cheesey1
The 'Marley' documentary on VH1. Boxing might not get 100% attention.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 4 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Gesta is calling out broner

That's funny, but good to know. Arum won't let Gesta within two boxing ring lengths of Broner. C'mon TR, prove me wrong...
Cheesey1
Dimitry Salita's on. This last minute opponent is definitely a safe pick. Although, the old guy has fought some solid boxers (but lost to them).

Missed the stoppage by Salita, but it sounds like the body work paid off. He was definitely going to the body in the first.

Paulie M is one of the commentators on the MSG+ broadcast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.