Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porter vs Thurman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
I got Porter by decision. I know Thurman has this great KO ratio but I just didnt see the snap on his punches. I think hes mostly been fighting bums. I think Porters much more polished, hes arguably fought the better opposition, and hes sparred with Manny during many of his training camps. So im going with Porter. This is the kind of matchups I want to see. 2 young prospects growing up in the ring together.
Cheesey1
Tough one. I'd have to watch more of their respective bouts. On the surface, Porter looks more likely to take it.
The Original MrFactor
Porter gets hit waaaay too much. Thurman is straight up, no frills. Porter doesnt have any pop and can win by accumulation. On the other hand Thurman's got a little pop and can win by stoppage. i'll go with the more powerful guy in a Rock 'em Sock 'em robots fight.
checkleft
I think thurman would win by Dec. I think they could both land hard shots but I just see thurmans body work and movement eventually outlasting porter
daprofessor
neither guy impresses me much. i think thurman is on his way up....while porter may be on his way down. he needs to add some necessary defense and stop fighting head first. i can't see that changing. thurman by ko.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2012, 02:28 PM) *
neither guy impresses me much. i think thurman is on his way up....while porter may be on his way down. he needs to add some necessary defense and stop fighting head first. i can't see that changing. thurman by ko.

Pretty much sums it up. I believe Thurman has a height advantage as well. Porter is either really short, or he gives up his height with that stance of his. As everybody mentioned, he gets hit way too much...Thurman wont have a problem finding him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.