Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will floyd vacate or defend?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
he normally doesn't do mandatory defenses. does that mean it's a duck if he vacates? or will he stay at 154? judging from his muscle gain from his prison time...that's possible.
flazi
he won't ever do a mandatory but i don't think 154 is his best weight.
Cshel86
He'll more than likely vacate, but hell, let's not forget the sanctioning body commandments...

"He who holdeth the title belt, with monetary value to thou name, IS the sanctioning body".

With that said, if Mayweather decides to call out Ivan Calderon at WW, then that's what flies. These sanctioning bodies make money off of the fighters, and Floyd has money attached to his name, regardless of the opponent.

When there's a champion (of no monetary value), then that's when they'll start jerking around and making their own champions. (e.g. The WBC stripping Sergio and making Chavez the MW champ, so that they can make money off of him.)

checkleft
I don't know but one thing is for sure he more than likely won't fight guerrero and still keep his title even if he stays at welter.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 07:33 PM) *
He'll more than likely vacate, but hell, let's not forget the sanctioning body commandments...

"He who holdeth the title belt, with monetary value to thou name, IS the sanctioning body".

With that said, if Mayweather decides to call out Ivan Calderon at WW, then that's what flies. These sanctioning bodies make money off of the fighters, and Floyd has money attached to his name, regardless of the opponent.

When there's a champion (of no monetary value), then that's when they'll start jerking around and making their own champions. (e.g. The WBC stripping Sergio and making Chavez the MW champ, so that they can make money off of him.)

What does the commision receive? Is it a flat fee or a percentage of what the fighters purse is?
Marcus
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 7 2012, 09:51 PM) *
What does the commision receive? Is it a flat fee or a percentage of what the fighters purse is?

I believe the commissions such as WBA, WBC, etc/ receive a percentage of either the fighters purses or PPV if its a ppv fight. Plus theres a sanctioning fee. I'm not to sure. These belts are costly in and out of the ring though. That i know.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 7 2012, 09:51 PM) *

A percentage, from what I believe. I never heard of the flat fee, but it would make sense if they wanted make sure they got their money. Not the best idea though, that's why Im sure they go by percentages.

I remember them getting 3% of Floyd's purse for one of his fights. Imagine them getting 3% of Chavez's purse vs 3% of Floyd's purse...BIG difference, but they would miss out if they stuck with taking a flat fee.
mrchitown
I think it depends on what he views as his available options are for his next fight. But if he does vacate I don't think it should be a big surprise to anybody
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2012, 01:43 PM) *
he normally doesn't do mandatory defenses. does that mean it's a duck if he vacates? or will he stay at 154? judging from his muscle gain from his prison time...that's possible.

If you are saying WW then no but Jr MW then i'd say yes, truthfully speaking though I believe that Floyd is a solid Jr Middle but he would be stronger and faster as a WW and absolutely nobody will beat him there, I'm not saying that he'd get beaten at Jr. Middle either but the competition is not as dried up as the WW pool of contenders that he's already ran through.
mgrover
meh the title is trash he could vacate but he will never expected to fight the mandatory
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Aug 7 2012, 09:22 PM) *
I believe the commissions such as WBA, WBC, etc/ receive a percentage of either the fighters purses or PPV if its a ppv fight. Plus theres a sanctioning fee. I'm not to sure. These belts are costly in and out of the ring though. That i know.

the commission = state athletic commission i.e. cal state athletic commission, nevada athletic commission, new york athletic commission

sanctioning body = wba, wbc, ibf, wbo etc...

the athletic commissions fee is a set fee.

sanctioning body is a percentage of the fighters purse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.