Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: peterson, alexander, vargas
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
am glad peterson was cleared, he seems like a legit guy and for once justice was actually done.

Alexander? were do i start? mayweather? canelo? no just no, he's obviously overlooking Bailey if he's calling Mayweather and Canelo out. Maybe Bradley for a rematch or something. But he needs to fight a few decent fighters and make names for himself and maybe he can fight Mayweather or move up and fight a few people at light middleweight before he calls out Canelo.

I mean what the fuck is it with these young fighters just coming as quick as they can to the welterweights and start calling people out that they have no business being in the ring with. Vargas obviously moved to top wank to get a Pac shot since he would of never got a Mayweather shot, and Broner? Well he's doing his bullshit of fighting for a bit then am sure he's going to attempt to retire and then come back Mayweather style, I've already heard this story dick head.
checkleft
Let it out bro, its good to vent lol
Cshel86
As soon as I figured out that DAFUQ meant "Da Fuck?"...I couldn't read anymore. That shit had me dyin' laughing! laugh.gif

Anyhow, Alexander will be more aggressive than scary Mike Jones was, which could discourage Randall from thinking that he can pull off that late KO. Since Devon mentioned Floyd's name (which has "bad luck" written all over it, this fight will have a nice dose of fuckery written over it, so he may end doing the Deceptacon fall like Jones did.

I mentioned a Peterson/Judah fight back in January...glad to see that coming into play. Didn't I say that Zab ALWAYS wiggles his way back into a title contention? Nothing's changed, thanks to Main Events...they handle his career well.

Tired of Broner, but that video on the front page, of him clowning Rios, JMM, and Pac, was hilarious! As for Vargas, who gives a shit? I will like him when he stops fighting stupid. All of these guys rushing to the WW division for a big money fight, will be brought down to size, believe that.
checkleft
Right now I think canelos name might carry more bad luck Haha.
daprofessor
i forgot about jessie vargas! he's another guy pac can beat.
mrchitown
I'm excited about the Peterson-Judah fight
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 10 2012, 11:16 PM) *
I'm excited about the Peterson-Judah fight

I wouldn't get my hopes too high, it is Judah. And if he's pound for pound #1 at anything its breaking hearts lol

It will be interesting though because as zab has shown if hw has any weaknesses its mental while Peterson is very strong mentally
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 11 2012, 12:22 AM) *
It will be interesting though because as zab has shown if hw has any weaknesses its mental while Peterson is very strong mentally

Good stuff Check!

Who edges this one?
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 10 2012, 11:22 PM) *
I wouldn't get my hopes too high, it is Judah. And if he's pound for pound #1 at anything its breaking hearts lol

True but they fight the fights for a reason. Peterson is strong mentally but it will be interesting to see how he handles himself with this being his first figh since the canceling of the Khan fight. it's a more exciting matchup to me then Bailey and Devon, which I think is going to be uneventful. It's a pick'em fight to me between Zab and Lamont
mgrover
if zab is you know there to fight, am sure he can win in a 116-112 type affair, but if he gets frustrated hes in for a long night
boxingloner
When it comes to Peterson-Judah. Give me Peterson all day long. I have no faith in Judah AT ALL. The guy is a mental midget and a waste of talent and he is just old now. Judah may have been able to put himself in this position and good for him as deep down inside he is a good guy, but he got there beating a scrub in Paris. It was a decent win for him but Paris isn't world class. Some people overblow judahs win over Paris to much, just because Paris beat an even more mental midget and less talented Tim Coleman. Peterson will dog Judah all night and manhandle him on his way to a easy decision or maybe tko.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Good stuff Check!

Who edges this one?

I think Peterson will take Judah late into the fight frustrate him with some solid boxing and win in a close fight where Judah wins the early rounds
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 11 2012, 03:35 PM) *
I think Peterson will take Judah late into the fight frustrate him with some solid boxing and win in a close fight where Judah wins the early rounds

I agree. Peterson has great resolve during fights, just hope that sneaky counter left hand from Zab doesn't put him on queer street.
checkleft
Yea he has some sneaky power
Cheesey1
Judah vs. Peterson, nice!
Franchize
Judah vs Peterson would be great. I'd like to see Judah vs Alexander too. I would LOVE to see Judah KO Guerrero. I have this theory about Brooklyn fighters. They have tons of talent but their demeanor, behavior, and a focus always keeps them from living out their potential. When they face adversity in the ring, they resort to typical Brooklyn shit (ex Zab Judah's slap boxing technique in the Mayweather fight). So normally, when I see Zab, I roll my eyes because I know it's only a matter of time before he disappoints everyone. That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed when he fought Vernon Paris. It was beyond the fact that he looked good. It was more so of the fact that he was so composed. He'd developed solid defensive skills under Sweet Pea, then when he went to his new trainer JamesHarvey, he seemed to have the perfect blend of offense and defense. Would I be surprised if it was a fluke? Absolutely not. But I'd be lying if I said this out of all the supposed reinventions of Zab Judah, this one wasn't believable and intriguing to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.